Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

2 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

Well quite the opposite for me, I'm pretty excited I even have two boxes ordered. While I'm not particularly gung-ho about the Awakening side Gen 2 of Holy war is definitely my favorite half of that game. This is one set, along with sets 1 and 6, which I want have complete outside of a few SR and +s. Awakening does feel like it's beating the dead horse already, and Fates is smashing its skull with yet more cards in set 10, but I overall like the characters and the twists they've given to it this time. I'd be more thrilled for Thracia cards, but that game has tons of characters and I fear they might just give attention to the ones I didn't use, plus it will share sets with more Fates cards.

Awesome! Genealogy is a game I enjoyed rather well, but personally the game falls off the cliff for me in Gen II. Agreed with Awakening and fates though.

I've yet to have a "perfect set" - but 9 pretty much will be with BB, Gaiden, and furries. 3+ boxes for me there!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely nice to see those cards close up and not waved around during a livestream. I really love her art; so adorbs. <3

1 hour ago, SalShich10N said:

Patty is so darn cute I cannot complain.

So the boxes are released on Wednesday for us or on Thursday?

The official release date is the 17th which is Friday. AmiAmi usually starts getting their shit ready a day or two in advance, though. We'll also probably start seeing some Y!J leaks of the remaining R+/SR+ cards over the next few days.

And today's reveal is a pair of cards for Jeanne, Nanna's sub. Didn't expect any of the subs to get in, but that's Cipher for you, always throwing us curveballs. :p

wtACJDG.png

And Freddy is the last SR+, too. I'm going to keep a running album of all of the leak cards in this album. For those who are too lazy to click links:

zYgl7QW.jpg

MdqY1lN.jpg

Edited by Kirie

R+ Ares and Febail have now been revealed, which mean we now know all of the R+ cards (even if we haven't gotten a good shot of Larcei R+ yet). We also have a closer shot of Maribelle. The album is updated, but here are the images loose:

qrD8f26.jpg

H0KjmaY.jpg

zl4oHkR.jpg

28 minutes ago, Kirie said:

And another reveal shows off a better look at Lene R and a new unpromoted Julia, as well as a few others:

fsZ4Zc3.jpg

That is what absolute bliss looks like... If I could spread out every card in a series like that. dammm that'd be so awesome.

And finally a clearer look at Larcei R+, too! This is probably all the new stuff we're going to see from Y!J since there aren't normally pre-sell auctions for individual N/HN/R cards, so we'll probably have to wait for release and/or the official site update for the rest, whichever comes sooner.

7wtZ04l.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kirie said:

This is probably all the new stuff we're going to see from Y!J since there aren't normally pre-sell auctions for individual N/HN/R cards, so we'll probably have to wait for release and/or the official site update for the rest, whichever comes sooner.

Thanks for all the updates and things that you do, Kirie - it's always much appreciated!

How much does Leif seem to being going for? I have to be ready in case I don't pull my most wanted card.

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Thanks for all the updates and things that you do, Kirie - it's always much appreciated!

How much does Leif seem to being going for? I have to be ready in case I don't pull my most wanted card.

The auction is here if you want to follow it. Current bid is ¥970 for a playset. It's the only auction listed, I think.

That said, it's kind of hard to get a judge on what values will be like from pre-release pricing alone, so I wouldn't place too much stock in it, personally.

2 minutes ago, Kirie said:

The auction is here if you want to follow it. Current bid is ¥970 for a playset. It's the only auction listed, I think.

That said, it's kind of hard to get a judge on what values will be like from pre-release pricing alone, so I wouldn't place too much stock in it, personally.

Thank you!

If he's not so great for the game, that makes him great for collectors like us, though. I will follow this auction - some of the more competitives can tell us if pulling Leif is great or if he's a "dud".

I heard some chatter on the Discord that he's at least decent, or will be when he gets the proper cards and can be an MC, but my knowledge of the meta is practically zero, so take that very basic and generalized statement with an entire ocean full of salt.

29 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

How much is the Julia SR+ is already going for? Is she going to be as bonkers as Deirdre?

I'm not sure how accurate this will be later, but yesterday I bid on a SR+ Julia on Yahoo (I lost it though, lol).

She went for 5,500, which is the same price as SR+ Deirdre on Bigweb.

I'd say they're going to be about the same.

Edited by wumples

12 hours ago, Kirie said:

And finally a clearer look at Larcei R+, too! This is probably all the new stuff we're going to see from Y!J since there aren't normally pre-sell auctions for individual N/HN/R cards, so we'll probably have to wait for release and/or the official site update for the rest, whichever comes sooner.

7wtZ04l.jpg

Interesting... I didn't noticed it before was indeed an R, but also has the full art border of an SR.

I'm really glad to see a substitute character get some love. It's never really sat well with me that there's an entire subset of characters in Genealogy that goes pretty much ignored whenever possible, since they're generally mediocre and usually not even recruited.

Kinda like seeing the Bride class too. It's a stupid class, of course, but the weapon combination is really neat (if not terribly useful) and the dress sure is gorgeous. Neither of these things really translate very well to Cipher but the card looks nice anyway.