Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm surprised, shade is a falcon knight. Do they use staves in Jugdral?

In Genealogy they do, although swords and lances are their primary weapons. Shade however just uses lances to fight.

Edited by Prince of Iris

So... Do you think Tristan and Jeanne instead of Diarmuid and Nanna is another jab at Lachesis' brother complex?

(Not that I have a problem with it or anything! I love that subs are being included! It's just that they've been doing some weird things with Lachesis lately.)

16 minutes ago, wumples said:

So... Do you think Tristan and Jeanne instead of Diarmuid and Nanna is another jab at Lachesis' brother complex?

(Not that I have a problem with it or anything! I love that subs are being included! It's just that they've been doing some weird things with Lachesis lately.)

I think it's more to save some cards for the upcoming Thracia set, rather than getting a bunch of repeats so soon after each other. Leif also isn't in the set, aside from his secret card.

Yeah. They'd probably feel compeled to put much attention to Leif, Nanna and Finn if they included those here. Keeping them out and favoring replacement characters not only allowed them to pay more attention to other units in Gen 2, but also give a little love to otherwise forgotten units. I'd like to she Sharlow and Layela too, though.

Delmund is probably going to be present in the Thracia set. It'd be odd if Delmund gets an R or higher because in Thracia he's a "make up" unit for Fergus, who's also Beowulf's son.  Fergus is cooler in that game.

As usual, I'm compiling an album of all released art for S8. You can check it out here. It'll be continually updated with new art as it's released (and I spot it). If there are any errors, or if I'm missing anything, please let me know! <3

So today, roughly at around the end of the "real nigga hours" period of the day, I received the message from Amiami concerning that the shipment of my package and it's on it's way. I can taste my SR Patty several thousands of miles away already!

How many boxes did you guys order? What are your hopes and dreams for this set?

I went for 3 boxes myself, which is my "standard" order amount. I went a bit overboard with the last couple sets with FE4 Gen 1 and FE7 excitement, but now I'm scaling back a bit. (I may go back up to 4 boxes next set for Echoes, though, since I've been pumped for Gaiden cards since I played the game last year and I'm really hyped >_>)

If I could pick any one card to pull it would be a Julia SR+ to match my Deirdre SR+. :P But mostly I'm hoping I get a good assortment of cards for photo purposes for my SF article.

I did my usual 2 boxes (Gaiden & BB next set - that one gets bumped to 3).

I'm really hoping for Leif, Seliph (all), Exalt Chrom.

Oh, and the Alm & Celica promos! Honestly more excited for those than like 80% of the set lol.

Ami Ami advised using DHL this time because it would be cheaper than EMS, so I did - kind of nervous about it, but we'll see what happens! They have an expected delivery day of tomorrow! - but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Kirie said:

I went for 3 boxes myself, which is my "standard" order amount. I went a bit overboard with the last couple sets with FE4 Gen 1 and FE7 excitement, but now I'm scaling back a bit. (I may go back up to 4 boxes next set for Echoes, though, since I've been pumped for Gaiden cards since I played the game last year and I'm really hyped >_>)

If I could pick any one card to pull it would be a Julia SR+ to match my Deirdre SR+. :P But mostly I'm hoping I get a good assortment of cards for photo purposes for my SF article.

Are 3 or 4 boxes really necessary for a collector, though? I did the math back on set 6 myself and concluded that 2 boxes + singles purchase was the most cost-effective way. Since you get 11/16 Rs in one box and 11 chances to get the remaining 5. At worst you're gonna spend about 1000 yen in 5 Rs of one set or just wise trading of your repeats if you know someone can net all of them. 4 SRs from two sets mean that most ofen you'd get at least 6 different ones, which is half the set. Getting full 8 SRs cuts it down to 4 SRs which is far more reasonable. One more box just for 4 more SRs is kinda unreasonable in my eyes from given that the chances of repeats also increase drastically. +s are downright cheaper to get single sellers than from boxes.

But this is just me trying to save money, though.

Edited by SalShich10N

1 minute ago, SalShich10N said:

Are 3 or 4 boxes really necessary for a collector, though? I did the math back on set 6 myself and concluded that 2 boxes + singles purchase was the most cost-effective way. Since you get 11/16 Rs in one box and 11 chances to get the remaining 5 on the other chances are that at worst gonna spend about 1000 yen in 5 Rs on one set or just wise trading of your repeats if you know someone. 4 SRs from two sets mean that most ofen you'd get at least 6 different ones, which is half the set. One more box just for 4 more SRs is kinda unreasonable in my eyes from. +s are downright cheaper to get single sellers than from boxes.

But this is just me trying to save money, though.

It's just a personal preference, mostly. I enjoy opening boxes more than buying singles, and I enjoy having a large variety of cards to photograph myself for the release articles. Sometimes I get lucky and I have a lot of high value dupes I can sell to help recuperate my losses and put towards singles of those cards I missed. Sometimes I don't have a lot of valuable trade/sale fodder, but since I never "plan" on being able to sell €X worth of cards from my boxes, it doesn't affect my budgeting.

Anyway, if I were worried about what's necessary, I wouldn't be spending my discretionary income on a Japanese card game. :P

30 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Sometimes I get lucky and I have a lot of high value dupes I can sell to help recuperate my losses and put towards singles of those cards I missed. Sometimes I don't have a lot of valuable trade/sale fodder, but since I never "plan" on being able to sell €X worth of cards from my boxes, it doesn't affect my budgeting.

If you get any extra Leifs, earmark one for me, would ya? You're awesome to trade with, and if I don't have anything to trade I'd be happy to recoup some of your cost ;p

I don't feel like bumping up the old S7 thread, but in the midst of all the S8 art being shared, Rika Suzuki has finally shared their artwork for the Hector/Eliwood joined art!

All of the S8 art that's been released so far is being compiled here. We have quite a lot of it so far!

On 14/3/2017 at 2:03 AM, Kirie said:

And today's reveal is a pair of cards for Jeanne, Nanna's sub. Didn't expect any of the subs to get in, but that's Cipher for you, always throwing us curveballs. :p

wtACJDG.png

Jeanne is doing her job, substitute Nanna and fit the hole in our hearts that she left (?).