Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

44 minutes ago, wumples said:

She looks so pretty! I'm confused though. It unmistakably says R, but...

Isn't that the SR border?

Yeah, that was even discussed in the Discord a bit. It's probably a formatting mistake.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cardland_cipher has posted a tweet with some more poster images, including new cards of Cherche, Nah, and Oifey (and some additional shots of other revealed cards, too). I've added the new cards to the album linked in the OP. Here's the tweet itself:

3 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

I am secretly glad both new yellow SR are Swordmasters because those always go for cheap on second hand market. Maybe not so much for Larcei, as waifutax applies.

Except you know, Larcei is a Rare so she shouldn't be as much :u

20 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Except you know, Larcei is a Rare so she shouldn't be as much :u

Tell that to Nowi, her price should calm the fuck down. She's as expensive, if not more, as SR Hector and SR Lyn combined.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

The Ayra SR on TCG republic is ~$13, which is a lot cheaper than say, Camilla. I think Larcei will be fine.

TCG republic is overpriced as hell, though. On Amenity dream Ayra is 880 yen, or like $7-8 USD.

32 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

Tell that to Nowi, her price should calm the fuck down. She's as expensive, if not more, as SR Hector and SR Lyn combined.

A Nowi situation shouldn't happen again unless they do it on purpose - ...hopefully.

1 hour ago, SalShich10N said:

TCG republic is overpriced as hell, though. On Amenity dream Ayra is 880 yen, or like $7-8 USD.

Amenity Dream isn't really accessible to those of us who aren't Japanese, though. TCGR isn't really that bad once you factor in how expensive Japanese overseas shipping is, also, if you just want a few cards and not trying to build an entire deck.

I will take the free shipping in a language I can actually read.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

Amenity Dream isn't really accessible to those of us who aren't Japanese, though. TCGR isn't really that bad once you factor in how expensive Japanese overseas shipping is, also, if you just want a few cards and not trying to build an entire deck.

I will take the free shipping in a language I can actually read.

You can use a forwarding service. I use 2you4 and the shipping on EMS plus the service itself roughly costs about 3000 yen total, which is about as much as shipping stuff from Amiami. Specially when you consider that most Rs that aren't in high demand cost 10-40 yen, not even a dollar, each while each R in TCGR costs about $3.50 usd which translates to about 400 yen.

Look at it this way: SR Hector in TCG republic is 25 usd, Amenity Dream has it for 1100 yen, which is about 10 USD. Likewise SR Charlotte 11 USD on TCGR, 600 yen (5 USD) on AD, SR Fir is 20 USD in TCGR and 1100 yen (10 USD) in AD. There, in just these 3 cards you saved 30 USD which covers the EMS shipping + forwarding service. That doesn't even begins to cover Rs, where you can buy about 10 R from AD for the price of 2 Rs in TCGR with a few exceptions (like fucking Nowi, but even then Nowi is about 18 USD in AD and 24 USD in TCGR).

The one thing that TCGR does have in their favor is that they give you free boosters when you buy. Neat little touch until you realize they probably weighted the boosters and kept the ones with SRs(+) for themselves.

Edited by SalShich10N

1 hour ago, SalShich10N said:

You can use a forwarding service. I use 2you4 and the shipping on EMS plus the service itself roughly costs about 3000 yen total, which is about as much as shipping stuff from Amiami. Specially when you consider that most Rs that aren't in high demand cost 10-40 yen, not even a dollar, each while each R in TCGR costs about $3.50 usd which translates to about 400 yen.

Look at it this way: SR Hector in TCG republic is 25 usd, Amenity Dream has it for 1100 yen, which is about 10 USD. Likewise SR Charlotte 11 USD on TCGR, 600 yen (5 USD) on AD, SR Fir is 20 USD in TCGR and 1100 yen (10 USD) in AD. There, in just these 3 cards you saved 30 USD which covers the EMS shipping + forwarding service. That doesn't even begins to cover Rs, where you can buy about 10 R from AD for the price of 2 Rs in TCGR with a few exceptions (like fucking Nowi, but even then Nowi is about 18 USD in AD and 24 USD in TCGR).

The one thing that TCGR does have in their favor is that they give you free boosters when you buy. Neat little touch until you realize they probably weighted the boosters and kept the ones with SRs(+) for themselves.

I actually pulled my Roy SR+ from one of the free packs TCGR gives. Also a few of my SRs like Charlotte, Corrin M, and Ike (Vanguard).

4 minutes ago, Antinomy said:

I actually pulled my Roy SR+ from one of the free packs TCGR gives. Also a few of my SRs like Charlotte, Corrin M, and Ike (Vanguard).

Oh my, really? I said so because I know of local card sellers that do weight booster packs for rares and sell the leftovers at "discounted" prices. It's also what I'd do if I was giving away free booster packs, honestly.

I won't lie, either,  I was satisfied with my two TCGR booster pulls which were Cynthia R and Dieck R. But still I far prefer the japanese prices and sheer selection. R and HN cards feel almost for free in comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cipher packs were harder to weigh in general because each pack has a holos. The different between an SR/+ and an R probably isn't nearly as noticeable as holo (or better) compared to no holo. I know in old Pokémon packs the discrepancy was so bad that you could sometimes feel it just by holding two packs in different hands.

4 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Oh my, really? I said so because I know of local card sellers that do weight booster packs for rares and sell the leftovers at "discounted" prices. It's also what I'd do if I was giving away free booster packs, honestly.

I won't lie, either,  I was satisfied with my two TCGR booster pulls which were Cynthia R and Dieck R. But still I far prefer the japanese prices and sheer selection. R and HN cards feel almost for free in comparison.

Yeah, and sadly a lot of people and sellers do weigh packs

4 hours ago, Kirie said:

Today's post is a dual card reveal of Aversa N & SR!

Pe0sesS.png

Still gunning for F!Robin and Cherche in the last two SR slots...

I say Tharja has a higher chance than Cherche because Codelia had an SR last set and they might want to even it up. Chances are the last two slots are FRobin and Grima, though.

We've already got 2 villain SRs with both Risen King Chrom and Aversa. I don't think we're going to see an SR for Grima in this set. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking, though.

40 minutes ago, Kirie said:

We've already got 2 villain SRs with both Risen King Chrom and Aversa. I don't think we're going to see an SR for Grima in this set. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking, though.

I personally wish for Validar or Wallhart to finally pop up. But Grima will be a fine addition too.

Edited by Ycine
Bad grammar

5 hours ago, Kirie said:

Aversa as a villian is subjective. Her card seem to be made so it can be interpreted as either a villian or already an ally. I think Grima is due more because Risen still do nothing themselves. I feel a Grima card will come that will make give them like 30-40 attack.

14 hours ago, Ycine said:

I personally wish for Validar or Wallhart to finally pop up. But Grima will be a fine addition too.

I was looking at the numbering and I think Walhart might actually skip this round. I'm actually kind of expecting him to appear in Series 9 with the Valentian characters like Priam did in Series 3. 

19 hours ago, Antinomy said:

Yeah, and sadly a lot of people and sellers do weigh packs

funny, I have a cousin that regularly goes to Dollar Tree with a jewlery scale and weighs $1 Pokemon TCG 3-card boosters and selectively buys the ones with foils and Full Arts. He then resells them for a profit.

4 hours ago, Hardin said:

I was looking at the numbering and I think Walhart might actually skip this round. I'm actually kind of expecting him to appear in Series 9 with the Valentian characters like Priam did in Series 3. 

I hope he will.

13 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Today's reveal is an R card for Kellam and a mysteriously blank R+ card...

bveJ7J3.png

It's so amazing.

OMG. Best card design of all time! This is glorious.