Most Likely Parents for the Awakening Trio based on their Modifiers

I was curious to see how close I could get to the stats of Odin, Laslow, and Selena with Awakening parents, and this is what I came up with:

Frederick x Lissa

Odin's Mods: 0 Str/1 Mag/1 Skl/-1 Spd/1 Lck/0 Def/-1 Res

Owain's Mods: 1 Str/1 Mag/2 Skl/-1 Spd/3 Lck/2 Def/2 Res

It's a bit of a long shot in the Defense department and Fred!Owain doesn't have access to Dark Mage, but it's statistically the best fit, and Dark Magic doesn't really exist in Fatesland outside of Nosferatu, anyway.

Olivia x Kellam

Laslow's Mods: 1 Str/0 Mag/2 Skl/-1 Spd/1 Lck/-1 Def/-1 Res

Inigo's Mods: 2 Str/1 Mag/3 Skl/0 Spd/-1 Lck/3 Def/0 Res

Once again relatively accurate up until the defenses. Fun fact, no Awakening character (-Spd Avatar nonwithstanding) simultaneously has a negative Speed modifier and a neutral-or-worse Defense modifier.

Donnel x Cordelia

Selena's Mods: -1 Str/0 Mag/-1 Skl/2 Spd/0 Lck/1 Def/0 Res

Severa's Mods: 3 Str/-1 Mag/2 Skl/3 Spd/3 Lck/2 Def/-1 Res

Hoo boy, this is a stretch. The only reason that this one made it was that it was the closest we could come. Selena's mods are just really weird by Awakening standards. Another fun fact, the only non-Spotpass non-MU Gen 1 Male with a negative Strength modifier is Ricken. Additionally, Donnel is the only Gen 1 male with a negative Skl modifier. But this is the closest we can come to Selena's mods without including MU. The closest we can get WITH MU is with a Def/Str Asset/Flaw combo, although even that is still a far cry from Selena's modifiers.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Maybe we should try to go by hair color.

Odin: Vaike or Libra

Laslow: Donnel?

Selena: Gregor?

except (from Hidden Truths DLC), we know that their true hair colors are 1. changed and in case this isn't obvious from 1, 2. not the same as what they currently have. so if anything, the closer to a Awakening Gen 1, the less likely they're the parent

Maybe we should try to go by hair color.

Odin: Vaike or Libra

Laslow: Donnel?

Selena: Gregor?

In the Hidden truths DLC, it's revealed that

Anankos changed their hair colors. I guess it could still work but with what Severa says, it's implied that red is not her hair color even though she has red hair in her awakening/fates artwork.

Edited by Thunderstar

Another way is to go by classes.

Odin's class is Dark Mage; the only dads who can pass down Dark Mage are Robin, Libra and Henry, so it's one of them. Given the plothole caused by Robin being Odin's dad and the fact that Odin is

surprised by his hair turning blonde (implying it wasn't blonde from the start)

, Henry seems most likely to me.

Laslow keeps his main class, but his secondary is Ninja. The closest class to Ninja in Awakening was Thief--dads who pass down Thief are Robin (again), Kellam, Gaius, Lon'qu, Vaike, and Henry. ...and that's about as far as I can narrow it down, other than eliminating Henry if he's Odin's dad.

There's no way to tell who Selena's dad is this way since she gets Pegasus Knight/Sky Knight from her mom.

It's probably not something the devs really intended us to think about, but it's still fun to speculate.

Edited by Abvora

There isn't really anything super indicative of one Awakening Parent being canon over the other (Odin's Dark Mage class is the closest we can get). I'm pretty positive the developers just wanted players who had completed Awakening to just assume whatever Pairings they went with in that game were cannon and went out of there way to make each of the kids seem as standalone as possible (I wasn't actually aware of the hair color changing until this thread!)

Granted, I do kind of love how close Odin and Henry's Dark Mage Growths are (only real difference is that Henry has better Speed and Odin has better Luck). They aren't the exact same, but they excel in mostly the same areas.

Yeah Henry was definately likely, but the stat caps are just so far off. On another note, Henry and Odin's growths being similar might mean we've got a new Dark Mage Bord and Cord archetype on our hands with Henry/Tharja and Odin/Nyx being so similar.

I definitely got that feeling from Odin and Nyx. I'd be down, especially since Fates has actually given me a reason to consider promoting my Dark Mages to Dark Knight, rather than just defaulting to Sorcerer.

Anankos casts his spell that alters Severa, Owain, and Inigo in some shape or form.

Severa complains that her hair color changed.

Owain complains that his Brand is gone.

Inigo doesn't specify what changed about him.

Anankos: I thought it would be wise to alter your appearances before we depart to our destination. Any characteristics that could hint at your true lineages must be kept hidden.

The developers left it vague if Owain and Inigo's hair color changed. Only Severa adamantly complains. The reason why Severa's the only character to complain about her hair color change is because Cordelia's shade of red is not possible to obtain on her, not even with Male Avatar help. Owain doesn't specify if his hair is changed to keep the possibility open that his father had blond hair. Also, Inigo doesn't specify what sort of change happened to him (hair color and/or Brand removal), to leave open the possibility of Chrom being his father.

The vagueness cannot be proof of a specific father, since specificity would lock out certain fathers, when the developers definitely intended for the "canon" fathers to be vague. Also, Anankos' magic that gave them new strength and potentially new classes could also have easily factored into their stat changes as well.

@Avalanche: Eh, Sorc would probably still be better for Henrys because Nosferatu too stronk. Even if it can't double anymore Odin and Henry aren't doubling much of anything anyway, but they will still be immortal so it doesn't really matter. Additionally, Dark Knight is suddenly a really slow class so it might not be advisable if this issue pursues.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

The vagueness cannot be proof of a specific father, since specificity would lock out certain fathers, when the developers definitely intended for the "canon" fathers to be vague. Also, Anankos' magic that gave them new strength and potentially new classes could also have easily factored into their stat changes as well.

Not so much "vague" as it is literally making it impossible for us to draw any conclusions. I don't blame them for that though; a lot of people would get upset if their favorite pairings weren't canonical.

I heavily dislike the implementation, and the idea that Anankos feels a need to change their hair colors (but leave their appearance otherwise exactly the same barring Owain's brand) when they leave for a different world is laughable, but it makes sense from a meta point of view.

Not so much "vague" as it is literally making it impossible for us to draw any conclusions. I don't blame them for that though; a lot of people would get upset if their favorite pairings weren't canonical.

I heavily dislike the implementation, and the idea that Anankos feels a need to change their hair colors (but leave their appearance otherwise exactly the same barring Owain's brand) when they leave for a different world is laughable, but it makes sense from a meta point of view.

There are a couple of indications that it's actually time traveling, which would explain the need to change their appearance and names. There's the reference to Nohr and Hoshido as mythical kingdoms in the free Awakening DLC and in Odin's original Japanese support with Ophelia it's mentioned that the exalt was from the distant future.

The true answer is that they all have Robin as their father!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see how close we could get with growths.

Edited by TrueEm

The true answer is that they all have Robin as their father!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see how close we could get with growths.

As in the Growths of the Parents or the kids Growths with specific parents?

Kid's growths with specific parents.

Base Class or Personal? I'm about to dive into research and will update this post with findings

Henry!Owain as a Dark Mage is ridiculously close to Odin. Like, it's kinda scary

HP: 91% (55 for Odin, which is actually great for Fates)

Str: 38% (45 for Odin)

Mag: 48% (50 for Odin)

Skl: 55% (Exact same)

Spd: 51% (45 for Odin)

Lck: 51% (60 for Odin)

Def: 38% (45 for Odin)

Res: 38% (30 for Odin)

Other than that, Henry and Odin's Personal's are very close.

45 HP for Henry, 55 for Odin

35 Str for both

35 Mag for Henry, 30 for Odin

45 Skl for Henry, 55 for Odin

40 Spd for Henry, 35 for Odin

40 Lck for Henry, 60 for Odin

40 Def for Both

20 Res for Both

Edited by Avalanche

Base Class or Personal? I'm about to dive into research and will update this post with findings

Hmm... personal. The class adds too much variance.

Also the term is individual.

I mean the term I use.

Edited by TrueEm

In the Hidden truths DLC, it's revealed that

Anankos changed their hair colors. I guess it could still work but with what Severa says, it's implied that red is not her hair color even though she has red hair in her awakening/fates artwork.

It's an excuse to make the fanservice appearance not contradict anyone's playthrough of Awakening.

...Though ironically, they made a contradiction that their canon artwork haircolors aren't canon.

It's an excuse to make the fanservice appearance not contradict anyone's playthrough of Awakening.

...Though ironically, they made a contradiction that their canon artwork haircolors aren't canon.

Inigo, and Severa could never have those hair colors unless the avatar was their father

Inigo, and Severa could never have those hair colors unless the avatar was their father

But some, are close enough.

I don't think any normal person would complain if their hair was, for example Ricken shade of red was made slightly more saturated and brighter in Serena/Severa/Selena/whatever the hell her name is.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There are a couple of indications that it's actually time traveling, which would explain the need to change their appearance and names. There's the reference to Nohr and Hoshido as mythical kingdoms in the free Awakening DLC and in Odin's original Japanese support with Ophelia it's mentioned that the exalt was from the distant future.

What does that change, and why on earth wouldn't they change more than their hair colors?

The Awakening trio is there because of pandering and Intelligent Systems made sure to not leave any hints as to who their fathers are; no change in stats or whatever would imply that a pairing is more canon than the other.