FE Game Patch with the original (japanese) Enemy stats?

Hannes

Hello!

As far as I'm informed, the japanese Version of Fire Emblem has higher Enemy stats and is therefore more challenging.

I wonder if there does exist a patch that's restored the origin japanese enemy stats for the US Version (or even the european Version, as I am German...).

Would be glad if you could help me out with this issue!

Greetings so far from Germany!

Hannes

For FE7 iirc the only enemy data that was changed was for some bosses and their equipment, regular mooks are all the same. Thrones and Gates went from providing 3 Def and 20/30 avoid to just 2 Def and 20 Avoid. The effective damage multiplier was also changed to 2x for all non Dragon Slaying weaponry.

I don't know if you can change the weapon effectiveness formula without hex editing the ROM yourself (and I wouldnt know where to look), but you should be able to manually edit the stats of bosses to match the Japanese version with reference to this chart via Nightmare.

http://www.pegasusknight.com/mb/fe7/ud_enemy.html#IDX1 - Note that this is just Lyn Normal Mode and Eliwood Normal Mode boss data I think. I don't know where you can find the Hector Hard Mode boss data for FE7 JP, or if they're even different. I suspect that by fixing the Personal Bases of bosses to match up for Normal Mode that you'll get the same results as JP HHM due to the variable nature of the autolevels given to all enemies.

IIRC Nightmare supports editing terrain data stuff too.

Edited by Irysa

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Well, that's a pitty! Since some people complain the low difficult level / low enemy stats of FE 7, I assumed it would be one most obvious hack to restore the origin stats of the game to get the real challenge.

But thanks anyway!

Hannes

I don't think making the bosses slightly tougher really makes the game as a whole more challenging, because FE7's problem is that the generic enemies you mostly fight are very weak. Like I said, this is the same in the Japanese version.

... FE7's problem is that the generic enemies you mostly fight are very weak. Like I said, this is the same in the Japanese version.

Oh really? The enemies in the japanese Version also used to have low stats compared to FE 6 (Binding Blade)??

Okay, in this case it doesn't matter anyway ... But nobody haven't been eager - it seems - to create a FE 7 patch with higher stats (like in FE 6) just for the matter of a real challenge ...!? Because that would be heaven for me ... :smug:

Thanks again for the response!

Greetings from Germany! :Germany:

Doesn't the final Chapter open the boss rooms two at a time in the Japanese version? How are you supposed to Nightmare that fixed?

THAT wouldn't bother me that much. It's more the issue with the general low stats of the enemies in general.

The Final Chapter thing isn't really harder or easier because of the door thing. In JP it opens 2 doors every 2 turns instead of 1 door every turn; In some ways this could be said to be harder, but it also could be said to be easier. IMO It's just different.

Oh really? The enemies in the japanese Version also used to have low stats compared to FE 6 (Binding Blade)??

Yes. The thing is, Normal Mode enemies in FE6 aren't all that much tougher than most FE7 enemies on normal either. The difference is that in FE7, Hector Hard Mode only adds on 5 extra autolevels to enemies, wheras in FE6 HM, the autolevels go all the way up to 16. Even though a few enemies have slightly higher class growths in FE7, this doesn't even begin to offset the difference.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Generating_Enemy_Stats_%28GBA%29

I think you may just have gotten mixed up between FE7 and FE8. In FE8 there are changes to normal enemy stats, but I don't recall all the specific differences, and also don't think the changes there apply to Hard Mode.

Edited by Irysa

Thanks again for the reply. It's interesting to see the calculation chart you posted. The upleveling in FE 6 makes perfectly sense ... a pitty, that Intelligent Systems did it otherweise in FE 7.

But yeah ... so be it ... unfortunately ...