Familial Ties

Taguel Inigo

A series of one-shots focusing on the families of Awakening and Fates. Mostly fluffy. Feel free to submit requests!

[spoiler=Leon/Azura]

The skies of Nohr were almost always dim. Lacking, unpleasant, and they seemed so dull after witnessing the vivid sunlight of Hoshido. After venturing into Nohr, Azura had been shocked at the contrast between light and dark between the two nations. At the time, Leo had been amused with her dismay. Looking back on that moment, he now wished that the sun’s rays shone down Nohr, too. After the war’s end, Azura had chosen to remain in Nohr with him, and with their children.

Tea time was precisely at noon, held on one of the decks of the castle, overlooking the gardens. Black roses were abundant in the gardens of Nohr, as well as other flowers that didn’t require heavy amounts of sunlight. Leo overlooked the vast gardens, listening to the faint gusts of wind and the heavenly sound of Shigure’s songs. He certainly took after his mother. Leo couldn’t say for certain if either of his children had inherited anything from him. They didn’t possess his eye for strategy, nor his wit…

Across the table, Corrin tenderly sipped at his tea, observing the faint frown on his brother’s aristocratic features.

“They certainly take after their mother.” The Vallite spoke in an amiable manner. Leo didn’t reply.

It was petty, Leo knew all too well. He should be delighted that his sons took after their mother. They were the lights of his life, encouraging him to move forward despite what happened. But did he really have nothing in common with either of them? Since the two of them had joined the army, Leo had done little to bond with them. Even though the two of them were his flesh and blood, he still felt incredibly distant. His treatment of Foleo during the beginning of their relationship had done nothing to improve the situation. Bitter regret stung at him.

“...They take after you, too.” Damn Corrin, and his impeccable ability to read others. Leo turned sharply to address him, to tell him to mind his own business. Surprisingly, the words didn’t come, and the draconic prince continued on. “They both have your eye for detail. Foleo especially, although he uses it for telling materials and fabric apart. Shigure has your intelligence.” The smug glint in Corrin’s eyes aggravated him. But what annoyed Leo more, was that the man seemed to know his sons better than he did. “Fortunately, neither of them inherited your cold attitude.”

“I hardly need to you to lecture me about my own sons.” Leo resisted the urge to roll his eyes. But he didn’t. He knew that Corrin was right. But it didn’t frustrate him any less. The white-haired man was only trying to help. “...However, thank you.”

“Please. I hardly deserve thanking.” Corrin reclined backwards with ease, eyeing Leon perceptively. “You should talk to your sons. Learn more about them. Being anxious about it will only prevent you from moving forward.” He was right, Leo realized. The blonde opened his mouth to reply, but promptly closed it as Corrin’s chair wobbled, before it toppled over, bringing the white-haired man with it. He collided with the ground with a thump, eliciting a scoff from Leo.

“How wise.” Leo commented slyly, standing up from his seat as he finished off his tea, placing the cup neatly down on the table. “...I’ll take your suggestions to heart, though.”

“At least help me up!” Corrin hollered after him as he began to walk off, causing a sly smirk to cross his lips. Corrin was wise in certain aspects, but he still had a lot to learn. Leo had always thought of himself as more intelligent.

But maybe they could learn from each other.

[spoiler=Hana/M!Kamui]

There was something quite magical about watching her husband and daughter interact. Hana watched the two of them plant flowers, smiles on both of their faces. She had never been more content. Kana was their precious child, one that they’d protect with their lives and nurture with all they had. Lately, Kana had been badgering Hana to teach her about swordsmanship. At first, she was hesitant. Any mother hated the idea of their child going into battle and facing bloodshed. Hana was no exception. As reckless as she could be, Hana had never wanted her daughter to be involved in the fighting. The deeprealms had been a mistake. And that mistake had robbed her of precious time with their daughter.

Birds chirped and the sun shone down onto the fields of Hoshido. Her daughter wiped the dirt off of her hands, and stood up, turning to Hana with a wide grin. Beseeched by the expression, the brunette stood with a smile just as wide, immediately heading towards the duo.

“Mama! Look how pretty they are!” The flowers were indeed something to behold. Beautiful hues of red and purple now surrounded the three of them. Whenever there were flowers to be planted, Kana was more than eager to help out. Hana crouched down to get a closer look, warm pride swelling in her chest as she eyed her daughter’s handiwork. Next to her, Corrin stood, glee twinkling within his red hues. “Daddy and I did it all by ourselves!”

“They’re beautiful!” Hana complimented swiftly, turning to look at Kana with delight. “Can I help, next time? I’m sorry I came late this time, Lady Sakura needed my help.” The samurai reached out, grasping Kana’s hand tenderly. “I’ve also been thinking about it… and I’ll teach you about being a samurai.” Kana’s wide eyes shimmered with glee. Hana realized that she could not avoid her daughter going into battle. So, the next best thing would be to make sure that she was prepared. Although young, Kana took after her. It was clear that Hana’s somewhat reckless, abet gung-ho attitude had rubbed off on her. But she carried Corrin’s gentle attitude and graceful composure.

“Really!?” Kana gasped, smile widening as she looked at her mother. Hana had never wanted to protect someone’s smile more. Grasping Kana’s hand a little tighter, Hana nodded, inwardly scolding herself for becoming so emotional. “I’m so happy! When can we start?” She seemed to forget all about the flowers in her eagerness, Hana realized with amusement.

“Tomorrow at noon? Does that sound good?” The samurai questioned, and Kana immediately nodded. For the last couple of weeks, Hana had believed that their daughter took after Corrin much more. But the more that she thought about it, the more she realized that Kana had inherited her diligence, and… perhaps her stubbornness as well. Kana had been relentless in asking Hana to teach her. The samurai couldn’t refuse her daughter any longer. She needed to be prepared for battle… And Hana couldn’t resist those puppy dog eyes any longer.

“Yea! I can’t wait! I gotta go tell Shiro!” With that, their daughter dashed back towards the palace, hurrying to tell her friends. Hana stood back up, stretching her joints, before turning to Corrin with a critical gaze.

“...Shiro? I didn’t know she was that close to him.” Under Hana’s fierce expression, Corrin seemed to wither slightly. He put his hands up defensively. “Did you know?” Shiro was Ryoma’s son. But Hana was going to be wary of any boy her daughter became fond of. Kana only deserved the best. And Hana was going to make sure that her daughter got the best.

“No… Well, I mean…” Corrin’s tone faltered as Hana’s gaze became sharper. “Shiro’s a good young man…” The draconic prince cleared his throat, and before Hana could press further, he dashed after his daughter. “I’l make sure Kana gets back safely!” Hana gaped for a moment, before pursuing her husband.

“Get back here! I need to know everything!”

[spoiler=Joker/Azura]

“My dear…” The words are dragged from Joker’s throat as he observes his wife through tired eyes. Raindrops patter against the oning above the porch. The world is grey and cloudy, as the downpours grow torrential. “As much as I love your beautiful voice… wouldn’t you prefer to sing inside?”

Azura’s lovely voice is muffled by the rain and the wind, as she dances, twirls and moves elegantly through the downpour. The water seems to follow her graceful movements, fluttering around her form. She’s soaked, but doesn’t seem to mind. They’ve been married for about a year. But Joker discovers new things about her everyday. Yesterday, he found that she hated desserts with orange filling. Today, he’s finding that she loves to dance in the rain. She’s as carefree as he’s ever seen her, but he finds himself disappointed as she stops, turning to look at him with wide eyes.

“Oh…” She meets his gaze awkwardly. “My apologizes. My mother and I used to dance in the rain during my childhood. When this downpour started… I couldn’t resist.” Joker’s facial features soften. Something about Azura always makes him feel gentler--more at ease than he usually is. Guilt sweeps over him, but he’s caught between making sure she stays well--and allowing her to relive precious memories from long ago. It’s her forlorn expression that sways him, and he shakes his head with a soft sigh.

“No, my dear. It’s alright.” He comforts gently. “Just make sure to come in soon, so you don’t catch a cold.” With that, he turns to walk back into the castle. He has duties to attend to. Breakfast won’t make itself. Even though the royals are on a trip to Hoshido, he still has some others to feed.

“Joker.” Azura’s voice makes him halt and turn back around. He resists the urge to scold her. But the look in her eyes quiets him. For a brief moment, her body language turns sheepish, almost, as though she’s too shy to ask for what she wants. “Will you… dance with me?” The question catches him off guard, and his immediate reaction is to refuse. Something much deeper overpowers him, though, renders him quiet. He may be a strong fighter and a skilled butler, but he is always defeated by Azura. Always rendered silent by her effortless grace, by her beautiful existence.

In the end, he finds that it’s impossible to refuse her. A smile touches his lips. It’s genuine, and it feels odd--almost foreign.

“Who am I to refuse a request from such a lovely woman?” Is his only reply. He walks out from under the oning and almost flinches as the rain pours down onto him, soaking through his clothes. But Azura’s smiling.

And suddenly, there is no one else in the world but them, dancing underneath the rain as the world melts away around them.

Edited by SuperWaifu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...