Conquest - Favorite Boon/Bane/Talent?

Aqo

Whatever floats your boat.

Magic took a hit from the nerf bat this game so I like to go with a +Mag, -Luck or Defense build to give myself a strong magic user. If you plan to switch to a purely physical class, you can't go wrong with +Str, -Mag.

The talent usually depends on what skills I want but if you're playing conquest, you should probably choose a Hoshidan class you couldn't get otherwise. Lancer or Oni Savage is a good choice for skills.

Oni Savage might be a good class to share with a spouse because the class line has high defense minus the armor and flying weakness of Generals and Wyvern Lords, respectively.

Edited by NekoKnight

Personally, as of a few months ago, I fell in love with +Str/-Lck/Oni Savage. It's just so good for CQ, as you get access to Death Blow, Counter, and Lancefaire. 75% Strength and 60% Defense as an Onichan is just heavenly, although I prefer Blacksmith for Yato access.

I used to go +Skl/-Lck/Samurai, but it turned out awful. I kept having awful Defense even with the 50% growth. I'm not sure if it was just bad luck, but I hate the combo now.

It depends on what you want for your Avatar.

I went for +Spd/-Lck Swordmaster, because I wanted a very fast Corrin, I thought Nohr's unit were all slow (that was my first file in Fates in Hard/Classic) and that was amazing. She reached 54 HP, doubled everybody, had an amazing avoid and could even tank with Dragonstone. You have already good skills so you can reclass once to turn Corrin into a monster. If you reclass into a swordmaster at level 20/11, you get Swordfaire at level 20/15, and you can reclass immediatly to a Nohr Noble, and you already have a simple but very efficient skillset like Duelist's Blow/ Swordfaire/ Dragon Fang/ Draconic Hex/ Vantage or Nohrian Trust. With that, even the endgame boss (who's very accurate for some reasons *cough*) has a very low chance to hit you during your turn.

Oddly I went for the same Boon/Bane and talent in Birthright Lunatic, and it's turning into garbage.

Or if you're looking more something for bulky to fit Yato's bonuses in Def and Res, +Def/-Lck might be a good idea.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

+mag/-str dark mage hasn't failed me yet. It trivialises the right hand side of chapter 10 via nostanking

The right hand side of Ch 10 is already trivial tbh

I like +Mag -Lck and I usually run Malig Knight for flying + Magic until near endgame when I switch to Nohr Noble for Yato.

Personally, as of a few months ago, I fell in love with +Str/-Lck/Oni Savage. It's just so good for CQ, as you get access to Death Blow, Counter, and Lancefaire. 75% Strength and 60% Defense as an Onichan is just heavenly, although I prefer Blacksmith for Yato access.

I used to go +Skl/-Lck/Samurai, but it turned out awful. I kept having awful Defense even with the 50% growth. I'm not sure if it was just bad luck, but I hate the combo now.

And that's my go-to combo. I love Vantage; it's my favorite skill.

In terms of Bane, I almost always go -Lck since Luck, IMO, seems to be the stat that you can nerf and still get away with without much consequence. Secondary class is usually Cav, for the mov + Yato access and the excellent promotionss, or Ninja due to the usefulness of the class as a whole + Yato access when promoted. Bane is either +Str or +Def; depending on what characters I plan on using in the run, although I will say the endgame boss is much easier to kill when you have a +Str.

It looks good on paper, and Samurai is my go-to talent (After Fighter on BR and Oni Savage on CQ), but I swear I never NEVER go over 20 Defense and 15 Res with that Boon/Bane. That's why I stopped using it. I always get RNG screwed using that Boon/Bane.

Personally, I don't think Vantage is all that in this game - unless you can finish off the aggressor before they get the chance to attack or get lucky, you damn well better hope their attack misses, or else...

In terms of Bane, I almost always go -Lck since Luck, IMO, seems to be the stat that you can nerf and still get away with without much consequence. Secondary class is usually Cav, for the mov + Yato access and the excellent promotionss, or Ninja due to the usefulness of the class as a whole + Yato access when promoted. Bane is either +Str or +Def; depending on what characters I plan on using in the run, although I will say the endgame boss is much easier to kill when you have a +Str.

I don't like -Luck, ESPECIALLY in Conquest, since chapter 25 is much more likely to go awry if you don't have good crit evade, and on a related note, there's the matter of most lategame bosses tending to have enough crit that a -Luck avatar's at risk of facing crit chances.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Personally, I don't think Vantage is all that in this game - unless you can finish off the aggressor before they get the chance to attack or get lucky, you damn well better hope their attack misses, or else...

I don't like -Luck, ESPECIALLY in Conquest, since chapter 25 is much more likely to go awry if you don't have good crit evade, and on a related note, there's the matter of most lategame bosses tending to have enough crit that a -Luck avatar's at risk of facing crit chances.

Wrong time and place for this.

For Conquest, I am a fan of +luck or +spd for Shrine Maiden. Bows are a nice weapon for a character, and Corrin having the ability to pave the way for other people to get kills is really helpful. You can have her tank without killing herself to death by going on a doubling spree. Man, I wish male Corrin had Shine Maiden. Spears don't work in the same way. It takes too long. And they aren't as good as bows. Plus, you can get a unit with Renewal and Countermagic, which is really helpful against those pesky mages. Because I feel like Conquest has some of the most lethal mages in the routes.

For banes I go for magic on Conquest. Unless I specifically want a mage, I don't see a point. Although, I did try a +Magic / - Res Knight. It was rather interesting. I used the Dragon Stone and equipped Wary Fighter.

The right hand side of Ch 10 is already trivial tbh

I like +Mag -Lck and I usually run Malig Knight for flying + Magic until near endgame when I switch to Nohr Noble for Yato.

I was referring to the oni savage portion of it. The archers are really easy to handle but I normally find the oni savages a bigger problem due to their high atk,def and hp but my avatar set up solves that problem easily.