[FE6] Sadist Draft: These Boots are Made for Walking

Carmine Sword

So we've had four FE7 Sadist Drafts, all fun experiences in their own right. But no one has dared to bring up the possibility of a sadist draft of another Fire Emblem, until now. And I figured that since this is sadism, we might as well go with a game where you'll start mourning your lack of mounted units real fast in the form of FE6.

So seeing as there is no ruleset for sadist drafts outside of FE7, I have a tentative ruleset in mind for this. Please tell me if there is anything that anyone feels needs to be changed, added, or removed from the ruleset.

Dem Rules:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 10 players. Each player will draft 3 units. Mounted units are not allowed to be drafted.
2. Roy, Lalum/Elphin, Merlinus, and Fa are free for everyone to use.
3. There will be one leftover unit after drafting. This unit is banned for everyone.
4. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit shops and armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: Meatshielding, building supports, or opening doors or chests.
3. All gaidens are required to be visited. (This may change if it turns out to be impossible for certain teams to reach the throne within the turncounts required for accessing the gaidens)
4. Chapter 20x is free up to 20 turns.
5. Echidna and Bartre are drafted together. Another possibility is to add Karel and Fa back into the list to make 33 draftable units and add an 11th participant.
6. Roy may not be warp-rescue-chained. If a units is warped or counts as warped-rescue-chained, then any unit they carry or use the Rescue Staff on also counts as being warp-rescue-chained.
7. Other units may do as they please.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted infantry units have a 4 turn penalty per unit per chapter.
2. Unpromoted mounted units have an 8 turn penalty per unit per chapter.
3. Promoted mounted units have a 12 turn penalty per unit per chapter. No cheeseing earlygame with Marcus and getting a lower tuncount than you would have without him despite the penalty. I'm looking at you Eclipse.

Exceptions (The most likely section to be significantly changed):

1. Undrafted units are allowed to engage in combat in the first five chapters before the preparations screen without countering.
2. Marcus and Zealot are free for Chapter 7, but may not rescue or rescue-drop Roy.

3. Noah and Treck are free to be attacked without countering and visit villages if recruited in Chapter 7.
4. An undrafted unit may visit Lugh's village in Chapter 3 if you drafted Lugh.
5. Chad or Lugh is free to be attacked without countering in Chapter 12 if you drafted Ray.
6. Cecilia is free to be attacked without countering in Chapter 14.
7. Milady is free to be attacked without countering in Chapter 16.
8. Zealot is free to be attacked without countering in Chapter 20.

[spoiler=Undrafted Scrub]
Wendy

Victims:

Carmine Sword ~ Dieck, Barth, Niime ~ 250 Turns
Jedi ~ Lugh, Echidna/Bartre, Igrene
Quintessence ~ Ward, Klein, Hugh
Peppy ~ Lott, Ellen, Garret
Gradivus ~ Rutger, Oujay, Yodel
TempestStorm ~ Geese, Bors, Chad
FiboSai ~ Lilina, Wolt, Sophia
Eclipse ~ Gonzales, Astohl, Douglas
SniperKnight ~ Fir, Saul, Cath
YomuSabe ~ Ray, Dorothy, Karel

Please don't hesitate to recommend any changes to the ruleset. I'm sure I've forgotten about something major that will need to be rectified later on, haha.

Edited by Carmine Sword

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't underestimate my creativity. Or, y'know, RUN THESE IDEAS BY ME FIRST!

/in, even if I know squat about FE6.

Also, missing a gaiden = early ending. How do you want to handle that?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal your idea. It was just coincidental.

Should have made an FE4 sadist draft instead, am I right?

Nah no biggie! I don't think mine got off the ground :P:

Ardan op

Well, I guess if certain teams can't get to the throne before the turn limit for a gaiden, we'll just have to only play through Chapter 22.

I don't actually think there would be a situation where getting a gaiden wouldn't be possible, the turn ceilings are fairly lenient.

Can Roy solo keep Lilina alive and seize in time? There's also status staves that need to be dealt with, and IIRC those are pretty debilitating. What about the poor soul that drafts Cath?

If you really want to keep me from abusing mounts, try something like this:

- Mount force-deployed on a map: 8 turns per mount used, 12 if it's a pre-promote

- Mount deployed via unit select: 8 turns or chapter turn count * 2, whichever one is higher

That should keep things in check.

Edited by eggclipse

You only need Lilina to survive Chapter 8 in order to go to Chapter 8x. There's only 1 archer that can possibly hit her and there will always be 1 tile in her cell where the archer can't hit her. You could also have Merlinus bait that archer from across the wall and the archer will just stay there if no one is in his range after that point iirc.

For Chapter 16x you just need to keep Douglas alive in Chapter 16.

The other gaidens seem obtainable since by counting squares Roy can reach the throne within the turn limit for all of them. Even the desert with it's movement restriction looks possible.

I don't know about Cath at the moment. Other than wondering why you would draft Cath haha.

EDIT: Oh yeah, since this is pretty important, do you guys think that we should ban Warp or not. My first instinct is to ban it, but I'm willing to hear arguments for it.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Please remind me how much I hate Chapter 16

I'm not too worried about the desert, unless I end up with Wendy or something. I know there was one chapter I had to restart when I was bumbling my way through FE6, due to the fact that Roy wound up on the wrong end of the map trying to recruit Cath.

Let me join this madness.

In my opinion, warp should be banned. You can get it very early in FE6 and it has a high range. This gives the people with a warp user, an almost insurmountable advantage over half of the game.

You could also add a rule that allows Chad/Lugh to be attacked without penalty in chapter 12 when you drafted Ray. Same with Milady and Zeiss in chapter 16. That would be similar to the Priscilla/Raven/Lucius rule in FE7 chapter 16.

Edited by FiboSai

/in

Make Marcus and one of the Ilian trio free for chapter 7. Not to save Zealot but to deal with the reinforcements some teams will face and get villages. (Without rigging there are 5-6 viable drafted combat units that chapter. Two of those are Lott and Wade, and one is Bors)

Make Warp usable but Roy warping banned (this includes units carrying Roy). Roy warping is 20 turns or 3*turncount, whichever is higher.

Make Boots buying banned (or even stat boosters). This is a sadist draft, it kinda kills the point if you can make everybody run to the throne insanely fast, or make everybody a super character.

Edit: Allow meatshielding to protect undrafteds only (not to draw fire away from Roy, and only until you get deployment slots). And allow one of Bors/Wade/Lott to recruit Lugh without any penalties if drafted

Edited by TempestStorm

/in

/glances at piles of unfinished drafts

Warp should be available for people who draft a earlygame healer, (so really only Ellen or Saul) since they need all the turncount help they can get. Ban it for Sages/Druids/Yodel, and ban the use of Warp on Roy.

Edited by Sniper Knight

/in

Ban it for Sages/Druids/Yodel, and ban the use of Warp on Roy.

Or you could allow it to be used by anyone and still ban warp/rescue chains on Roy entirely. Here's a professionally written rule that safely avoids loopholes:

2. Roy may not be warp-rescue-chained. If a unit was warped or counts as warp-rescue-chained, every unit they carry or use a rescue staff on counts as warp-rescue-chained aswell.

Also, maybe disallow Marcus from rescuing Roy in Chapter 7? I haven't thought this out thoroughly, but it may or may not be a good idea. I agree with allowing him to fight there though. The Ilians should also be allowed to get attacked without countering because you need Zealot for Chapter 20xI.

Edited by Gradivus.

Made some rules updates based on the suggestions people have given. I also fixed my egregious typo in the unit list. If there is anything else that needs to be changed, let me know.

Also, I'm glad people are actually joining, I was worried that people would look at this topic for 5 seconds and just walk away haha.

I have not drafted for FE6 at all.

/in

Also, Jedi's old FE6 Sadist Draft had the last round reversed. I dunno whether you wanna do the same here or not though

Edited by Peppy

I'd separate Echidna and Bartre then throw Karel in the pool after thinking about it. Only 2 people would actively get Karel (the one with Fir and maybe whoever decides to run route B unless people sacrifice fighting power from Zealot to grab Noah) so it's a unit advantage

Also please make Celilia, Yuno+Zealot, Dayan+Sue+Shin able to be hit in their respective join chapters (note: I mean the gaiden unlocking ones. Not like 5 and 9). That will make things a hell of a lot more bearable.

You can't actually go to Sacae in this draft since you default to Ilia if both the Pegasus knights and nomads have the same amount of exp.

Will add the Zealot and Cecilia exceptions.

I'll post the drafting order in a moment.

http://imgur.com/a/uj80L

The drafting order is as follows:

1. Carmine Sword

2. Jedi

3. Quintessence

4. Peppy

5. Gradivus

6. TempestStorm

7. FiboSai

8. Eclipse

9. SniperKnight

10.YomuSabe

I'll take Dieck, whose name I totally know how to spell.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Think I'll go with Lugh, because while he isn't like the best, almost no one in FE6 has actual RES and since he'll be the only one getting exp... yeah.

I wouldn't be able to do this without the no countering rule, but with that in mind :P: