[FE6] Sadist Draft: These Boots are Made for Walking

Carmine Sword

Well, if you're willing to take the penalty turns.

Uhhhh what, undrafteds can recruit him and no countering means I can get him without penalty? Thats how I read it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also maybe add a 20-turn penalty per chapter missed if you miss a gaiden and thus the rest of the game? You have to be pretty bad off to miss gaidens anyway (only one I see as a problem is 21x if someone is so bad off that they can't fight through the enemies and keep Yodel alive)

Since warpskipping is banned, knights suck, lolarcher, and thieves don't promote, there's really only 4 choices here.

Geese. Yes I'm crazy. Yes I have a plan.

Does it involve crit hax eventually? :P:

And one other thing that probably should be banned.

Secret Shop? It's stated that Fliers cannot be drafted and Undrafted units may visit shops so visiting it with fliers is within the rules anyway.

Regardless if visiting the secret shop with peakwalk is allowed then so should visiting it with a flier be, or full-on banned. Boots are too good to be exclusive to some players. It's a bit unclear in the ruleset since you removed the rule about visiting it with fliers but didn't mention it anywhere else.

I'm in favor of keeping boots allowed though, lategame maps are really long and the sadist concept isn't really hurt by having 15 mov units since you're still lowmanning (and don't have canto rescuing), which leads to the maps playing out much unlike in regular playthroughs.

EDIT: Apparently I read too much into the "fliers may visit the secret shop" exception being removed. Never mind me then, although I guess it's nice to have clarification on this.

Edited by Gradivus.

Yeah that's the difference maker. You have 3-4 combat units, so sending one or two to get boots (as bodyguards, not just to get them) as the others help Roy probably will cost turns. Meanwhile a Zerker can just grab boots no problem. I'll be the guinea pig for this, since I likely have no help till chapter 10 without grabbing an archer or thief.

Edited by TempestStorm