[FE6] Sadist Draft: These Boots are Made for Walking

Carmine Sword

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undrafted people that are permitted to engage in combat without countering are allowed to die. I let Celicia die in Chapter 14 so don't worry about it.

Also, what's wrong with my Chapter 3 clear?

I'm guessing something along the lines of you got the first pick (and Dieck), while heavily rigging levels (which just imo kills the spirit of the challenge. I don't mind rigs to make a chapter possible but outright hate rigging uber blessed characters)

Pretty much that. This type of drafting in FE6 is inherently unbalanced; the vast majority of available units range from bad to mediocre (niche uses but unsatisfactory in general gameplay), and there are very few good early units. I knew this when I signed up for the draft, however, so I'm just being petty, especially since because my best clear of C4 is 4 turns behind yours due to the presence of one solid earlygame unit (albeit with rigged growths). It wasn't anything against you, I'm rigging pretty heavily myself, it was more annoyance with the situation. You just got lucky with first pick, so no hard feelings. For the most part. I wish I could be lucky too.

No worries, these things are bound to happen. The point of this experimental draft is the work out kinks in the rules to make future drafts run more smoothly. Sorry if I seemed accusatory, I didn't intend to.

Edited by Sniper Knight

Don't worry about it.

I only rigged for strength/skill/speed, so Dieck getting defense blessed was unintentional. Same with Barth proccing resistance twice off of a 2% resistance growth. Actually, I didn't really have to go out of my way to get speed on Barth, he just kept proccing speed without me burning any RNs. Rigging skill is probably unnecessary, but thrones in FE6 suck. I don't think Barth would even be able to hit Zephiel if I didn't rig skill procs. (spoiler, Barth kills Zephiel.)

Edited by Carmine Sword

Come on guys don't be so hard with yourselves at rigging. Rigging extremely kills the fun of the play.

On my behalf, I just needed Roy to proc Spd in chapter 1, and the rest he got good lv ups or either got mono luck levels. Same with Ward, he got a semi perfect lv up and a bunch of str and spd levels, but now he gets hp and str and I'm just living with it without forcing numbers.

I only rigged for strength/skill/speed

Str and Spd are the most important stats in the game, so duh

I find it weird saying that as if it means "I didn't really rig that much", but I'm still accepting your rigging habits because there's written rule as to how far you should go. I do dislike rigging for blessed characters though. You should still pass up on that freaking Ryoma 1-turn in the Conquest draft. That simply isn't good for your sanity.

Edited by Gradivus.

C9 9/104 turns

Oujay picked up Roy on turn 2 and gave him to Rutger the next turn. Rutger then dropped him ahead, saving a turn. Got Fir for her Wo Dao and killed the boss with two KE crits, which again was pretty easy with that critrate.

C10 8/112 turns

3 sword users vs axeland, enemy hitrates were as good as expected. Rutger carried Roy down. Roy was within 5 tiles of the throne on turn 7 but there was a dank mage in the way that I couldn't manipulate into attacking Rutger, so I had to take a turn longer. Rutger gooned the boss and Oujay got the swordreaver village because he had nothing else to do.

C11 11/123 turns

Went down, Lalum prostrats allowed me to break down the 100 HP wall at the bottom with 3x Durandal!Rutger before Klein spawned (recruited immediately with Clarine), allowing Lalum and Merlinus to collect the villages there. Oujay spent the time after Klein's recruitment visiting villages while Roy and Rutger fought their way to the gate and got the Speedwing and Angelic Robe villages, with Rutger Wo Dao'ing the boss' face in. Shanna bought some stuff and turned Tate's squad green. Got all the villages.

UNIT         LEVEL HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Roy          19.47 30  14  13  14  16  11   8 A Swd
Rutger     15/6.32 40  13  24  23   8  10   6 S Swd
Oujay        14.99 34  12  14  14  12   6   3 B Swd
Lalum         1.90 14   1   2  11   9   2   4 -

C12 8/131 turns

Roy and Rutger charged towards the throne room, with Rutger opening the door on turn 7 (needing to dodge a 22% sleep staff) and killing the boss on turn 8. Oujay and Merlinus took the left to collect the treasure, got all of it. Oujay had to dodge 3 sub-50% sleep staves. Lalum didn't follow Rutger and Roy since she can't get through the Hallway of Death safely, so she just stayed back and used an Angelic Robe to not get oneshot by things.

C12x 6/137 turns

Rutger pocket Roy got danced ahead and dropped him off on turn 1, Oujay picked up Lalum and gave her to Rutger on turn 2 so he'd drop her ahead, and she danced for Rutger (again, ferrying Roy) a second time on turn 3 to get them to the throne area more quickly. Rutger nuked the boss with Wo Dao. Oujay just got exp by killing some random enemies in the bottom area.

Edited by Gradivus.

C4: let's be honest if I somehow finish I'm going to be last place. also fuck roy.

Uh-HUH, like you're going to get a higher turn count than me.

So far, the only "rigging" I've done is making sure that Roy didn't die to the axe fighters over the first two turns. Otherwise, I hold down the Tab key, which means that I don't know what my levels are until after the turn's over.

C13 11/148 turns

Promoted Oujay on turn 1.

5ej9oqep.png

Looking pretty solid right now. He could ORKO some Cavs and Wyverns here with hand or iron axes. Just slowly fought my way through the bottom and killed most enemies to keep the number of Lalum dodges low. On turn 11, Rutger bought 5 steel swords and 5 KEs and Oujay ORKOed the boss with Wyrmslayer.

C14 10/158 turns

Boots to Oujay. Went through the top, allowing me to kill the wyverns near the silver card, which meant Miledy wouldn't get attacked by them or the bandit reinforcements when getting the silver card. Cecilia stalled the sleep staff out, it had like 20 hit against her. Shanna got danced to the warp staff on turn 10, Oujay bought 3 pure waters and Rutger killed the boss.

C14x 6/164 turns

Oujay rushed towards the boss area, Rutger kinda lagged behind but reached the generic Bolting!Sage on turn 5 to kill him while Oujay blicks the boss and Roy goofs around in front of the boss area. Turn 6, Oujay and Rutger free a path for Roy and he seizes the throne.

Roy          20.00 31  15  13  14  17  11   9 A Swd
Rutger    15/10.15 43  15  26  26  10  12   6 S Swd
Oujay      18/7.09 45  21  17  22  16  11   6 S Swd D Axe
Lalum         5.02 24   1   2  13  10   2   4 -

C15 10/174 turns

Oujay led the charge. He and Rutger ganged up on Raith, using Hand Axe and Lancereaver respectively. Rutger had 38% crit so I could afford a hand axe miss (or two if Rutger crits twice). Lalum helped out a bit in the first few turns, recruited Percival on turn 5 and visited the hammerne village. Bought some door and chest keys and a torch with silver card.

C16 12/186 turns

Oujay killed like 90% of the enemies here due to 1-2 range and 8 mov. Rutger and Fa collected the treasure to the left (got all of it), while Oujay killed some mages on EP near the throne room to clear a path for Roy and then went towards Zeiss and broke the wall with 3x silver sword. Roy killed Narshen with Wyrmslayer and Pure Water (so the generic thwomp wouldn't finish him off) on turn 11 EP + 12 PP and got danced to the throne.

C16x 10/196 turns

Fielded Rutger below Oujay in the roster so he'd get Berserked right before the boss area assault. Killed Windham with Durandal after using trade shenanigans to have Oujay's and Roy's inventories empty after turn 9 to not get berserked and get the durandal into Oujay's inventory on turn 10.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 21x: 7/234

Uh, dudes go around and eat boots. I used my 1st Rescue Staff use to bring Roy closer to the throne since Niime had way more move than Roy until the end of the map and got way ahead of him. Niime also used an energy ring on the last turn. I don't know if that 1 extra staff range will matter, but it's not hurting at all. Fed the boss kill to Barth since no one else could get exp. Everyone has maxed out move at this point.

Also, DAT BOI finally promoted.

Stats:

DAT BOI Lv. 20/1.00 40HP/20Str/21Skl/22Spd/20Lck/16Def/14Res S Swords

Dieck Lv. 15/20.00 58HP/25Str/30Skl/26Spd/15Lck/20Def/11Res S Swords S Axes

Barth Lv. 17/18.63 54HP/27Str/20Skl/19Spd/9Lck/30Def/6Res S Lances S Axes

Niime Lv. --/20.00 32HP/25Mgc/20Skl/18Spd/15Lck/5Def/19Res S Dark A Staves

Fa Lv. 15.96 32HP/27Str/24Skl/14Spd/30Lck/24Def/34Res

Lalum Lv. 14.28 24HP/2Str/4Skl/20Spd/22Lck/9Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.35 Base

Chapter 22: 4/238

Niime, Fa, and Merlinus went left, everyone else went right. Dieck went up and took the right switch while Niime warped Fa up and Fa took the left switch. Niime then warped Merlinus next turn so that he could grab all the treasures on the left. Undrafted Zealot took the Warp Staff so that Niime could use Hammerne on it on Turn 3. Roy opened the door on the last turn and then Barth the brave moved in and killed Zephiel with a super reliable double Killer Lance crit at 59 hit, 25 crit before Lalum danced Roy and he seized.

Stats:

DAT BOI Lv. 20/2.57 41HP/21Str/21Skl/23Spd/21Lck/17Def/14Res S Swords

Barth Lv. 17/19.05 55HP/27Str/21Skl/19Spd/10Lck/30Def/6Res S Lances S Axes

Fa Lv. 18.21 37HP/30Str/27Skl/17Spd/30Lck/26Def/36Res

Lalum Lv. 14.69 24HP/2Str/4Skl/20Spd/22Lck/9Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.35 Base

Edited by Carmine Sword

You have a miscalc in the turncounts:

Chapter 16x: 9/187

Chapter 17: 7/185

C17 6/202 turns

Oujay charged, killing most enemies in the way (using the bridge chokepoint on turn 3 with a killer axe) and dodging the sleep staff once with a pure water, at 25 hit. He dropped Roy near the gate on turn 5, baited some enemies away from him by equipping two 1 use weapons, and killed Arcard with a KE crit + hit on turn 6. Rutger followed along instead of using the arena to save a turn with Lalum rescuing shenanigans. Miledy bought some weapons with silver card and Fa killed the 3 cavalrymen near the start.

C18 7/209 turns

Oujay ferried Roy to the castle and killed the boss with a KE crit. Didn't get any of the villages.

C19 9/218 turns

Oujay, Rutger and Roy charged. Oujay killed the boss, Rutger visited the energy drop village. Fa killed some pegasi near the start. Oujay cleanly ORKOed the boss with Killer Axe on turn 9. He hit S axes this chapter.

Roy          20.00 31  15  13  14  17  11   9 A Swd
Rutger    15/12.41 45  17  27  27  10  12   7 S Swd
Oujay     18/14.93 52  22  19  26  20  13   6 S Swd S Axe
Fa           10.52 29   8   9   7  20   6  10 x Drg
Lalum         5.02 24   1   2  13  10   2   4 -
Edited by Gradivus.

Fixed the turncount mistake.

EDIT: Chapter 23 is always home to the worst enemy phase in the game no matter your team it seems. Considering hacking in a Pure Water and deducting it from my funds to make dodging the status staves bearable. It's annoying watching the entire enemy phase and then having to start over because the last sleep staff hit Niime haha.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Man I've done a bunch of chapters and don't even remember the turn count so I'll just post strategy and approx tc

Ch 6: 7?

Roy and Ward go UP. Roy kills the shaman with Killing Edge on PP and EP, no crt, just double hit. Dorothy died lol. Also, I wanted the Killer Axe but don't even know where it is and if it is worth it, but I just pass it.

Ch 7: 11?

Roy moves up, Ward killing off knights, archers and soldiers. Zealot move throughout all the map because weird AI, he moved up then left to the throne room. Marcus killed dudes with Silver Lance on the left. Ward opens the door with the door key, Roy recruited Zealot and went to the villages. Marcus bought Iron Swords, Axes and Hand Axes. Got the Physic, the Hero Crest, the Longbow, Horseslayer and Elixir with Merlinus, Marcus and Zealot.

Ch 8: 21

LMAO. Roy and Ward get a bunch of levels.

Ch 8x: 12?

Ward promotes and full moves without Roy just for relaibility's sake. IIRC even with ferried Roy it's the same thing because Roy actually got to the throne the turn Ward killed the Hero boss. Ward killed him with Iron Bow for better hit, and even then, it was along the 53 or so hit. Anyways, got Durandal and Ward got insta S axes.

Chapter 23: 3/241

DAT BOI and Barth kill the enemies near the start. Niime moves up and gets danced by Lalum and then Niime moves ahead again and equips Nosferatu and uses the Sleep Staff on a Manakete since she gets OHKOed exactly by that Manakete. Enemy phase sucks sort of. Lalum faces a bunch of enemies, but all of the wyverns have 30ish displayed hit or worse so it's not too bad. Niime has no chance of death thanks to Nosferatu, but she has to dodge all 3 status staves, which sucked. Turn 2, Roy moves and chips the sleeping Manakete (could have killed it but I wanted to conserve the Binding Blade for next chapter), and is then danced by Lalum so that he can move onto a forest tile near Brunya and kill one of the Status Staff Druids. Niime moves onto a different forest tile and kills a different Druid. Dieck and Barth rescue-drop Lalum onto a forest tile for better reliability. The Manakete near Brunya attacks Niime on enemy phase, and Niime lives with 1 HP thanks to the defense boost from the forest tile. The last remaining Druid tries to put Barth to sleep, but somehow misses. That miss didn't actually matter since either Dieck or Barth can kill the boss next turn. On Turn 3, Barth moves up and kills a Druid in front of Brunya, gets danced and then OHKOs Brunya with a Killer Lance crit before Roy seizes. Fa bought some Elixers for the next map just in case I need them. RIP Merlinus.

Also, empty level hype for Lalum.

Stats:

DAT BOI Lv. 20/3.86 42HP/22Str/22Skl/23Spd/22Lck/18Def/15Res S Swords

Barth Lv. 17/19.96 55HP/27Str/21Skl/19Spd/10Lck/30Def/6Res S Lances S Axes

Fa Lv. 19.41 39HP/31Str/28Skl/17Spd/30Lck/27Def/36Res

Lalum Lv. 15.13 24HP/2Str/4Skl/20Spd/22Lck/9Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.35 Base

Chapter 24: 8/249

I don't even know how I did this a turn faster than usual despite having half a team lol. Dudes go forward and wreck face. Niime used the rest of the Rescue Staff to get Roy further ahead. On the 7th Turn she Warped Dieck into Jahn's room and he tanked everything in there with Armads.

Fa maxed her level by killing a reinforcement. She has 1 use left on her Dragonstone haha.

The End: 1/250

FEAR DAT BOI AND HIS INCREDIBLE POWER

Final Turncount: 250

Final Stats:

DAT BOI Lv. 20/5.13 44HP/23Str/22Skl/25Spd/24Lck/20Def/16Res S Swords

Barth Lv. 17/20.00 56HP/27Str/21Skl/20Spd/10Lck/30Def/6Res S Lances S Axes

Fa Lv. 20.00 41HP/32Str/29Skl/18Spd/30Lck/28Def/37Res

Lalum Lv. 16.03 25HP/2Str/4Skl/20Spd/22Lck/10Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.35 Base

Boss Kills:

Roy: 3

Dieck: 24

Barth: 4

Edited by Carmine Sword

C20 6/224 turns

The status staves were bullshit. Oujay needed to perpetually dodge them with a pure water at 70-90 hit, he ended up killing Roartz while Rutger, Fa and Lalum guided Zealot to Juno and loot the left treasury.

C20x free/224 turns

Oujay kept counterattacking a Warrior without killing him so the Druids use Physic instead of status staves. No real training happened due to how high-level my units are.

C21 8/232 turns

Warped Oujay into the middle on turn 1 and he killed a lot of enemies with hand axes. Triggered the reinforcements in the green zone on like, turn 3, but managed to avoid them almost entirely. Juno visited the secret shop on turn 5 (buying 19 boots and 2 purge tomes) and Shanna, Miledy and Zeiss carried boots from Merlinus to my team so I can use them right off the bat. Oujay got warped into the boss area on turn 7 and PP+EP'd Murdock with an armorslayer while Roy (with 13 mov) rushed around the left side of the shrine, needing to dodge 2 45s and 2 25s to survive, and Yodel warped Lalum to him on turn 8 since he would've been 2 mov short of seizing otherwise.

Roy has 13 mov, Rutger 12, Oujay 14, Yodel 6, Lalum 7 and Fa 5. I have 9 boots remaining.

C21x 7/239 turns

Took the right, Yodel used warp (hammerned it at the start) so Lalum and Rutger can keep up. Rutger killed the boss with a KE crit + hit and a 20 true hit Nostank dodge in between on turn 7 and Roy got danced to seize.

C22 8/247 turns

Warped Rutger up the left and he got the white gem and sleep staff. After killing the hero and triggering the switch, he just chipped down the general with a steel sword. Oujay got the right switch and followed Roy to the throne room. Opened the door on turn 7, danced Roy to kill the Sniper with the Binding Blade and had Oujay shield Lalum from the Heroes, counterkilling the lancereaver one with his killer axe. Turn 8, he killed Zephiel with 4x Durandal and Roy seized. Fa got the treasure to the right.

Lalum has 15 mov, Roy, Rutger and Oujay 14 and Yodel 10.

C23 4/251 turns

Went up the right. Used the Saint's staff on turn 3 to cure the status effects, killed two of the status staff druids afterwards so only Oujay got Berserked, allowing Rutger to kill the boss with a dance.

Yodel now has 14 mov, no boots remain. Same as last chapter for the rest.

C24 9/260 turns

Casually killed a bunch of dragons. Maybe I could've done it faster, but meh. Oujay did most of the work with Armads. Rutger used Durandal and Roy Binding Blade (both were at 9/20 uses before the map, but it was enough). Yodel used up the remaining 2 rescues and warped a few times. Roy attacked Jahn and missed 2 72s that would've ORKOed, but Rutger and Oujay were around to finish the job and Roy got danced to seize the throne.

Endgame 1/261 turns

3 sec + whatever time the animation takes

UNIT STUFF

pmquambx.png

389B, 170W

Pretty solid early on, good enough to survive later on and good again once promoted.

kevud6ef.png

249B, 165W

Best bosskiller for the first half of the game. Lack of 1-2 range kinda held him back from midgame on, but he was still good at killing things, so he stayed useful.

3eagke53.png

352B, 218W

Worth it. He grew really fast in the western isles and was pretty solid from C13 on. High Str + Skl meant he was a very good frontliner with hand axes and snowballed his way to S Axes, allowing him to use the Armads. I'm so glad this game doesn't have that crummy Only One S Rank restriction that 7 and 8 do.

wyx57yp9.png

21B, 13W

Good staff user in the lategame. Warp (even with the restrictions on it) and Rescue are pretty useful for saving turns, and Saint's staff is a lifesaver in C23. Status staves help too.

wkvxt2jk.png

81B, 0W

Dancer/10

uu8fxmw6.png

41B, 13W

She was pure filler and I don't think she needs to be free.

Overall impressions:

- I found this more fun than the FE7 version, it's probably just the nature of the game and the maps that I enjoy more.

- Roy solo earlygame is easier than I expected, although chapters like 6 and 8 are still pretty tough for it.

- Natural level ups rule.

- Status staves suck to deal with in this format.

To break down the ruleset changes for the next FE6 sadist draft,

- Reverse round 3.

- Throw Fa into the draftable pool and seperate Echidna and Bartre (-> 11 players), you don't need her to get through and it's weird making an extra combatant free like that, given the idea behind sadist drafts. Just allow Fa to be attacked in chapter 24 since you shouldn't have to drop off one of your units to protect her there.

- One unpromoted mount free for chapter 8? As said before, the reinforcements are a pain if you don't have a strong drafted unit (which boils down to Dieck, Ward and Lot), so having a mount to help avoid them would probably make things more fair, and the restriction to an unpromoted mount means you don't use Marcus and Zealot to cheese the map.

Edited by Gradivus.