Emeraldrox's FE artstuff

Emeraldrox

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty decent, but I hope you won't mind if I offered up some critic.

Firstly, comparing your image to the sprite of the character, the features on yours seem too narrow in general. It's especially noticable on the eyes, which don't capture the more slender shape of the sprite. I understand that you're going for an "anime" style, but even in that style there's still diversity in eye shapes.

I think your work would benefit hugely from some shading on the faces. Right now they appear really flat. The fact that you add shades to the hair and clothes just serves to make it even more unusual.

stop reminding me to finish fe6

Looks good!

Any particular reason you chose Saul?

I like his color scheme and design. I'm only on his join chapter lol.

Pretty decent, but I hope you won't mind if I offered up some critic.

Firstly, comparing your image to the sprite of the character, the features on yours seem too narrow in general. It's especially noticable on the eyes, which don't capture the more slender shape of the sprite. I understand that you're going for an "anime" style, but even in that style there's still diversity in eye shapes.

I think your work would benefit hugely from some shading on the faces. Right now they appear really flat. The fact that you add shades to the hair and clothes just serves to make it even more unusual.

The first thing is more just, my style.

I don't exactly shade clothes or hair, either. I color using the marker tool, and whatever happens, I go with it. I occasionally do some form of shading on the face, but not much. With Saul in particular I kinda forgot about it because I was in a rush to finish it and cook dinner. I forgot his hair highlights, which bugs me the most lol. I'm honestly shit at shading and that's why I don't do it that much. It's something I always have struggled with.

I appreciate your feedback though.

Mr Pickle looks nice, but a bit too feminine. I thought it was a girl before seeing the text. That's fine if it's what you're going for, but just something I noticed. Nice artwork, though!

Mr Pickle looks nice, but a bit too feminine. I thought it was a girl before seeing the text. That's fine if it's what you're going for, but just something I noticed. Nice artwork, though!

Its just how I draw eyes, really. I don't think Pickles was meant to be drawn happy, either. I suck at masculine faces lmao.

I'm also dying and spent a whopping 20 minutes on his lines, and maybe like 10 coloring him. I have not been feeling good today, especially not well enough to screw around with pickle boy's face. I just feel bad because he got totally ignored even on his birthday

More pose/full body practice today, this time featuring someone who isn't shigure

tumblr_oe8id3C0Cg1vxk4vpo1_540.png

Is that Rinkah? I love her design, I just wish she didn't suck so much as a unit, then I would use her more. I really think the programmers switched her and Kagero's Strength growths by mistake.

Is that Rinkah? I love her design, I just wish she didn't suck so much as a unit, then I would use her more. I really think the programmers switched her and Kagero's Strength growths by mistake.

Yep. Oni cap-less Rinkah.

I love her character and design but her growths are trash. She faires well as a ninja though

I've looked at the thread here and from what I've seen so far, you're awesome! Well, compared to what I can do, that is. I can only draw small elephant ears on a snake.

There may be some opportunities for some fine tuning, like the Morgan portrait on page 3. As for your style, it looks great! That cross-dress Shigure is a little confusing now that I know it's not some older Aqua. XD

Also, I see that you take commissions. Do you take requests? I don't have a Paypal account or anything, so that's why I'm asking.

Edited by Lord Tullus

I've looked at the thread here and from what I've seen so far, you're awesome! Well, compared to what I can do, that is. I can only draw small elephant ears on a snake.

There may be some opportunities for some fine tuning, like the Morgan portrait on page 3. As for your style, it looks great! That cross-dress Shigure is a little confusing now that I know it's not some older Aqua. XD

Also, I see that you take commissions. Do you take requests? I don't have a Paypal account or anything, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks! I always love hearing that people enjoy my art.

I don't take requests, really. I have once or twice, but not often. Only when I'm super bored/having massive art block.

I'm pretty sure paypal can take credit cards and stuff though if you're that interested in getting something from me. Or we could work out some other form of payment through eshop or PSN cards or something.

She's not meant to be a force of destruction with high Strength, she's supposed to be a tank. We have an entire thread about her uses and shortcomings.

Anyways, this is off topic (I just get a bit triggered by people calling Rinkah bad, sorry).

Hisame definitely looks a bit too feminine. Like, wow. It's really just the eyes. Everything else looks great, but those eyes are really... big.

I think making the sides of the eyes a bit smaller would probably fix it a bit. Maybe making the top of the eyes a bit higher on the inside might help too.

Rinkah's face looks off to me, although it's a full body so the head wasn't the focal point.

Something about her bottom is a bit... linear. (Also the thigh line not reaching is weird, but that's just a pet peeve of mine).

Arm and torso looks good!

Edited by TrueEm

She's not meant to be a force of destruction with high Strength, she's supposed to be a tank. We have an entire thread about her uses and shortcomings.

She could have worked as a tank with her good defense, but her HP is too low to really do that well, either.

I actually like Rinkah, I just think she's a bad unit, and anything she does, someone else can do better.

Thanks! I always love hearing that people enjoy my art.

I don't take requests, really. I have once or twice, but not often. Only when I'm super bored/having massive art block.

I'm pretty sure paypal can take credit cards and stuff though if you're that interested in getting something from me. Or we could work out some other form of payment through eshop or PSN cards or something.

I see. It's not that important, really. Thanks anyway. Maybe when I find a new job I can come in with like 3 commissions! Still love the art. Keep it up.

Anyways, this is off topic (I just get a bit triggered by people calling Rinkah bad, sorry).

Hisame definitely looks a bit too feminine. Like, wow. It's really just the eyes. Everything else looks great, but those eyes are really... big.

I think making the sides of the eyes a bit smaller would probably fix it a bit. Maybe making the top of the eyes a bit higher on the inside might help too.

Rinkah's face looks off to me, although it's a full body so the head wasn't the focal point.

Something about her bottom is a bit... linear. (Also the thigh line not reaching is weird, but that's just a pet peeve of mine).

Arm and torso looks good!

Rinkah was also like, the first time I've actually drawn and put effort into a full body lady, so I didn't expect it to be perfect. There's a reason I don't take full body commissions, and it's a confidence thing entirely. I have a quality standard and don't wanna put out something I know could be done a lot better if I wasn't as casual about my art.

Also, bad unit or not, I love Rinkah a lot.

I see. It's not that important, really. Thanks anyway. Maybe when I find a new job I can come in with like 3 commissions! Still love the art. Keep it up.

Thanks. And god that would be great. My commissions come in waves it seems, I'll get one or two in a 24 hour period, then nothing for a while. Out of curiosity though, who are you looking for art of?

She could have worked as a tank with her good defense, but her HP is too low to really do that well, either.

I actually like Rinkah, I just think she's a bad unit, and anything she does, someone else can do better.

Alright calm down me... don't get angry...

Instead of me getting triggered, I'm just going to link you over to the topic this discussion was on.

My opinions on this are already layed out over there.

But we should probably stop talking about this in an art thread.

Rinkah was also like, the first time I've actually drawn and put effort into a full body lady, so I didn't expect it to be perfect. There's a reason I don't take full body commissions, and it's a confidence thing entirely. I have a quality standard and don't wanna put out something I know could be done a lot better if I wasn't as casual about my art.

Also, bad unit or not, I love Rinkah a lot.

I don't expect it to be perfect either, but a little bit of criticism never hurt anyone. If anything, it helps make future works better, doesn't it?

I like Rinkah a lot too. Her design is one of my favorite, not to mention I generally love her class tree.

If that's your first full-body, I'd say it's pretty darn good. I know full well how tough full body drawings can be.

Alright calm down me... don't get angry...

Instead of me getting triggered, I'm just going to link you over to the topic this discussion was on.

My opinions on this are already layed out over there.

But we should probably stop talking about this in an art thread.

It looks like the discussion there's a month old, so I can't really post more, but it looks like I had already posted in that thread about Silas being superior, so I'd just be treading old ground, but like you said, that's more of a gameplay discussion as opposed to art. I found Rinkah's saving grace was that she's a pretty decent mom for Rhajat.

If that's your first full-body, I'd say it's pretty darn good. I know full well how tough full body drawings can be.

It looks like the discussion there's a month old, so I can't really post more, but it looks like I had already posted in that thread about Silas being superior, so I'd just be treading old ground, but like you said, that's more of a gameplay discussion as opposed to art. I found Rinkah's saving grace was that she's a pretty decent mom for Rhajat.

Not first entirely, that was the pirate Shigure. But first full body girl I've drawn.

Not first entirely, that was the pirate Shigure. But first full body girl I've drawn.

True, but drawing male and female bodies is a bit different.