Emeraldrox's FE artstuff

Emeraldrox

True, but drawing male and female bodies is a bit different.

I think that was the point of specifying it was the first female full-body she's done.

I've actually been working on torso portraits myself. Just base sketches, not fleshed-out character portraits. Mainly focusing on upper arm -> forearm transition (or I guess we can just say elbows), plus general proportions. Do you have any advice for those?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was the point of specifying it was the first female full-body she's done.

I've actually been working on torso portraits myself. Just base sketches, not fleshed-out character portraits. Mainly focusing on upper arm -> forearm transition (or I guess we can just say elbows), plus general proportions. Do you have any advice for those?

I'm not someone to come to for advice, sadly. I'm entirely self taught with no form of schooling or professional setting. Sometimes I wonder how I even produce some of the stuff I do lmao

I'm not someone to come to for advice, sadly. I'm entirely self taught with no form of schooling or professional setting. Sometimes I wonder how I even produce some of the stuff I do lmao

to add to this, I just kind of learn as I go, and learn from trial and error.

I have seen your art and I must say, they are really, REALLY impressive. Keep up the good work Emerald!

Thank you! I'm glad you're impressed by it!

tumblr_oec9l6FSbI1vxk4vpo1_540.png

I was commissioned by a tumblr user to draw Azura!Soleil and I am so glad, I love Azura/Laslow, and I'm in love with how she came out.

Very nice, my only nit-pick would be that it looks a bit too much like Azura as a merc. Soleil's got a bit of a rounder face, but I'm not really one to talk.

Very lovely, though!

to add to this, I just kind of learn as I go, and learn from trial and error.

That's kinda what I've been doing myself...

I guess I gotta just keep on truckin'!

tumblr_oec9l6FSbI1vxk4vpo1_540.png

I was commissioned by a tumblr user to draw Azura!Soleil and I am so glad, I love Azura/Laslow, and I'm in love with how she came out.

Aaaaah! She's so pretty!

Very nice, my only nit-pick would be that it looks a bit too much like Azura as a merc. Soleil's got a bit of a rounder face, but I'm not really one to talk.

Very lovely, though!

Now that you mention it... yeah, her face is a bit rounder.

Aaaand now I can never unsee this as Mercenary!Azura... Thanks Rez...

Edited by TrueEm

I have to say, the mercenary outfit is probably my favorite clothing model in Fates. It also avoids the stupid butt-windows half the clothing has for some reason. It looks like something I might wear, day to day.

Aaaand now I can never unsee this as Mercenary!Azura... Thanks Rez...

Rezzy: Putting weird images into people's head since 1986!

I have to say, the mercenary outfit is probably my favorite clothing model in Fates. It also avoids the stupid butt-windows half the clothing has for some reason. It looks like something I might wear, day to day.

Rezzy: Putting weird images into people's head since 1986!

I'll continue to see her as soleil lol. Azura has a silly little pencil neck, as I noticed when I was trying to get a good look at her collar thing to put it on soleil.

Happy October!

As per the norm on twitter, all the dumb nerds spook-ify themselves, and so I am Spookgure this month, because I realized I could draw my own spooky seasonal attire.

so I am Spookgure this month

I am Spookgure

Spookgure

Looks good! I... don't think that's how blood works, but it looks fine.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dartrix's design, but it looks so cute in your style!

Now we need Brionne dancing with Azura. :3

Brionne is definitely still my starter of choice, but Dartrix is cool as fuck. His hair sold me on his design.

More like canon Shigure

Lucy's face looks a bit squashed to me. Body looks fine, it's just the face.

As always, Shigure looks great.

good fuckin taste right there

I reworked lucina's face like 20 times before just kind of giving up. It was mostly about the body practice anyways, so I don't care if the face isn't up to snuff this time around.

Why is Shigure's hair always the same color? Every other kid gets their non-canon parent's hair color.

I dunno, man, take it up with IS. If I had to guess, at some point in development the kids were more important like in awakening, and he played a role like Lucina's, and because of that, probably appeared in some CGs so he had consistent hair color