Need some help planning a special BR run

Whelt

Hi! I haven't posted here before.

I'm going to attempt a Savage Women run - that is, a Birthright run where I'm gonna do M!Corrin, but the entire team is otherwise composed of female Oni Chieftains.

I like this idea because Chieftains have axes and tomes, and since every unit in the game is either going to have str or mag, it should work out either way. Current plan is this:

M!Corrin (Innate)

Rinkah (Innate)

Orochi (A+ Rinkah)

Oboro (A+ Rinkah)

Kagero (A+ Rinkah)

Hana (S Hinata)

Midori (S Corrin)

F!Kana (Inherit from Corrin)

Rinkah!Sophie (Inherit from Rinkah)

Selkie (A+ Kana)

Mitama (A+ Kana)

Rhajat (Inherit from Hayato)

Obviously gold grinding and support grinding will be allowed because it wouldn't be feasible otherwise.

There are a few things I'm unsure about.

-Mothers for Midori, Selkie, Mitama, and Rhajat that would benefit them the most as Chieftans

-I'm not sure if I should have Corrin S Midori so I can easily pass on Quick Salve to Kana, since that would be a very useful skill to have in a run with no healers, or if I should S Reina to have another decent, early game unit (and then A+ Midori to Kana so I could still use her). Or is there maybe another pairing that might be better?

-Also not sure if I should do this on Hard or Lunatic. I know Birthright is much easier than Conquest, but this is also an unusual run, so I dunno if I could handle Lunatic. To give a reference for my skill level, I beat Conquest on Hard on my second attempt. First attempt I had to restart.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Whelt

I have a question for you.

Do you like to use Gonzales?

[spoiler=Yes]Then Kagero!Rajat it is. 10% Skill growth but fantastic Str, Mag, and Speed. The ultimate risk/reward character!

[spoiler=No]B-but... Gonzales...

[spoiler=Who is this Gonzales and why does he apply to this at all?]Gonzales was a character in FE6. He was a recruitable Brigand and he had phenomenal HP, Strength and Speed. His biggest drawback? His godawful 5 base Skill and it's 15% growth. Kagero!Rajat as a Oni Chieftain closely resembles Gonzales in that she has great Str, Mag, and Speed but a Skill growth of 10%. She makes a fun risk/reward character and makes you appreciate Secret Books and Goddes Icons so much more.

10% Skill growth but fantastic Str, Mag, and Speed. The ultimate risk/reward character!

15% actually, which makes it MORE accurate.

Anyways back on topic...

Going Midori!Kana would probably be the best option, although it might be a good idea to go Mozu!Midori!Kana to make 2 broken units instead of just 1...

Besides, relying on Vulneraries isn't a good idea, since they're limited and such.

For Midori, I'd say Mozu, just because of Aptitude. It's really worth it, and it makes her better than Azura!Midori in all stats thanks to Aptitude.

I agree on going Gonzales with Rhajat. It sounds really fun.

For Selkie, I'd say Hinoka. She has extremely solid growths. Maybe a bit of a Skill issue, but besides that, she'd be phenomenal. She'll have that issue no matter her mother. She'll have more Speed and Strength than Oboro!Selkie, with a very small down to Defense, which is still over 50% as an Onichan.

Finally, for Mitama, while I hate to say this, I'd say marry Azama to Sakura. It makes Mitama an AMAZING Jack of all Trades, having solid growths in everything but Res.

Go Lunatic. It's not that hard at all, Conquest Normal is probably harder, although I recommend grinding supports in order to get the children earlier.

Edited by TrueEm

15% actually, which makes it MORE accurate.

Anyways back on topic...

Going Midori!Kana would probably be the best option, although it might be a good idea to go Mozu!Midori!Kana to make 2 broken units instead of just 1...

Besides, relying on Vulneraries isn't a good idea, since they're limited and such.

For Midori, I'd say Mozu, just because of Aptitude. It's really worth it, and it makes her better than Azura!Midori in all stats thanks to Aptitude.

I agree on going Gonzales with Rhajat. It sounds really fun.

For Selkie, I'd say Hinoka. She has extremely solid growths. Maybe a bit of a Skill issue, but besides that, she'd be phenomenal. She'll have that issue no matter her mother. She'll have more Speed and Strength than Oboro!Selkie, with a very small down to Defense, which is still over 50% as an Onichan.

Finally, for Mitama, while I hate to say this, I'd say marry Azama to Sakura. It makes Mitama an AMAZING Jack of all Trades, having solid growths in everything but Res.

Go Lunatic. It's not that hard at all, Conquest Normal is probably harder, although I recommend grinding supports in order to get the children earlier.

Guess I've got to go with Gonzales Rhajat, it does sound like fun.

I like these suggestions. So I guess I'm probably gonna do Mozu!Midori!Kana, Kagero!Rhajat, Hinoka!Selkie, and Sakura!Mitama. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm glad to have converted you two into believers of the Second Coming of Gonzy! By the way, pass Quixotic down from Hayato before you recruit her, it will really help her hit rate. Additionally make sure Rhajat has the Berserker Axe on her at all times (when applicable) for further tribute to Gonzales and his stupid fucking Devil Axe. The Berserker Axe actually has great Hit for an axe so she could actually benefit from it's occasional use.

I'm glad to have converted you two into believers of the Second Coming of Gonzy! By the way, pass Quixotic down from Hayato before you recruit her, it will really help her hit rate. Additionally make sure Rhajat has the Berserker Axe on her at all times (when applicable) for further tribute to Gonzales and his stupid fucking Devil Axe. The Berserker Axe actually has great Hit for an axe so she could actually benefit from it's occasional use.

That would mean either grinding Hayato to 20/15 or 10/15, or getting Rhajat very late-game.

No, you could buy it from another My Catle. I see so many Basara Hayatos with Quixotic in Revelations castles that it's stupid. Money rains from the sky in Birthright so there's nothing stopping him from buying it for Hayato as soon as his Defense grows to a competent enough level that he can take the +30 Hit from the enemy.

No, you could buy it from another My Catle. I see so many Basara Hayatos with Quixotic in Revelations castles that it's stupid. Money rains from the sky in Birthright so there's nothing stopping him from buying it for Hayato as soon as his Defense grows to a competent enough level that he can take the +30 Hit from the enemy.

Well first, Hayato isn't being used. Second, that brings in people's opinions on buying skills in serious runs, which is really up to the runner, although it's typically a bit frowned upon.

Unless this is a somewhat casual run where it's pretty much just if the runner feels like it or not.

Why marry Midori when you can have Kana pass it to her through A+? You could use that chance to pass Oni Savage to any other female.

True, but you could pass down Aptitude to Kana that way. Plus 12 is a good number of units anyways. You don't need any more really.

Edited by TrueEm

I'm not totally opposed to buying skills, but I'd also rather not have to rely on it.

I considered marrying a different girl to add one more Oni Savage, but I also want to pass down a good skill (like Aptitude) to potentially two units instead of one. Plus, I like Midori.

Edited by Whelt