I think we may not be getting the Hoshidan/Nohrian Bonds DLC

Captain Karnage

well, with the nintendo direct toady all I can say is that I was surprised by some announcements, but dissapointed that none of the remaining Fates DLC was announced for the US

hopefully we'll see it sometime next month but the further we go on the less likely we will get it

let's just keep some ember of hope

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think we're getting them either. I felt the negativity towards this game was high to the point I can't blame Nintendo for not wanting to bother.

I'd love to be proven wrong, as I really want to play the maps, but damn, I don't see it.

Edited by Jave

Yeah, I don't think we're getting them either. I felt the negativity towards this game was high to the point I can't blame Nintendo for not wanting to bother.

I'd love to be proven wrong, as I really want to play the maps, but damn, I don't see it.

What negativity?

I though the game was recieved well?

The only place I saw large negativity towards the game was here, and we're just a very small part of the fandom.

What negativity?

The only place I saw large negativity towards the game was here, and we're just a very small part of the fandom.

People "bitched and moaned" about every single localization change, and forced Nintendo to disable comments on Fates-related videos.

That's the negativity.

You try translating 200+ support conversations, having to change the dialogue slightly for one reason or another. It's not gonna be quick.

They have full teams for that. The game is released outside of Japan since almost 7 months, if they would be working on it at least since this DLC's release in Japan, they would have something to show. Enough to make a mini-trailer to announce a realease date.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

What negativity?

People were tweeting NoA complaints about the localizations, including comparison images with screenshots of the fan translation vs. the official localized version. Some Youtube comments even started feeling like threats. There was definitely a lot of toxic behavior going on, even if the game was generally praised in reviews for its gameplay.

I may be looking too much into this, but I don't have a good feeling at all about the fate of this DLC.

I can see why the parent/child dlc would be left out. Translating every single parent child combo seems like a lot of work.

I don't see why the Halloween support would be a Japan only thing though. I believe it more closely resembled the scramble dlc's from Awakening. Its still a fair amount of work, but it should't be impossible.

People "bitched and moaned" about every single localization change, and forced Nintendo to disable comments on Fates-related videos.

That's the negativity.

People were tweeting NoA complaints about the localizations, including comparison images with screenshots of the fan translation vs. the official localized version. Some Youtube comments even started feeling like threats. There was definitely a lot of toxic behavior going on, even if the game was generally praised in reviews for its gameplay.

I may be looking too much into this, but I don't have a good feeling at all about the fate of this DLC.

But aren't they just a small but loud minority?

But aren't they just a small but loud minority?

Yes, but that made a bad publicity for the game anyway. EDIT: And don't forget this DLC is mostly for fan-service, so it may not please to the category of fans who's looking for exact translation, and it's probably the only categorty that may like it for other reasons than unlimited Lodestars and Great Lords.

Eh, if we don't get the Scrambles, I won't be losing any sleep.

I prefer chapters that give a certain challenge. The Scrambles are just a glorified popularity contest.

I never really used Summer or Hot Spring Scramble for the same reason. Just never felt worth it.

Theres a ton of stuff to translate, so I wouldn't outright dismiss it yet. Granted, maybe a mention would help at least confirm it is being worked on, but I'd still bet on getting it. I don't think they outright skipped any Awakening DLC, so I don't see why they would for Fates.

Fire emblem is dead to Nintendo. It was good for the first few months but now it's dead to them.

Wait what? As far I know it's the complete opposite. IIRC with the release of Fates FE have solidified as a gold tier first party franchise along with Zelda and Mario. Seeing that FE have several guest appearances in several of their games like Monster Hunter is further proof of that. This is no cash cow Nintendo will let to die any time soon.

Other than it takes time to translate stuff which is very easily to slip behind schedules could be licenses issues may have come forth. I highly doubt that considering it's a first party game.

Fire emblem is dead to Nintendo. It was good for the first few months but now it's dead to them.

There was literally a passage in a report from the bigwigs at Nintendo stating that Fire Emblem was now a high priority franchise and that they made so much money from not only the games but also the associated merchandise. There's a reason why they chose to turn just Fire Emblem into one of the first Nintendo mobile titles.

On topic, I also want to clarify that I've never complained about the localization of the game aside from making fun of the "adult that you technically are" line so this is not my fault, I swear!

Edited by Thane

There was literally a passage in a report from the bigwigs at Nintendo stating that Fire Emblem was now a high priority franchise and that they made so much money from not only the games but also the associated merchandise. There's a reason why they chose to turn just Fire Emblem into one of the first Nintendo mobile titles. On topic, I also want to clarify that I've never complained about the localization of the game aside from making fun of the "adult that you technically are" line so this is not my fault, I swear!

Well then. It just seems like fire emblem hasn't really been recognized to me. Imo

Well then. It just seems like fire emblem hasn't really been recognized to me. Imo

A game for it just came out not too long ago. Dead franchises from Nintendo would be stuff like the Famicom Wars... We haven't heard anything about that in ages, or Golden Sun. Where the developers made it years later, and it was not well received by fans AND sold terribly. At least Fire Emblem generally got good marks outside of Radiant Dawn.

There was literally a passage in a report from the bigwigs at Nintendo stating that Fire Emblem was now a high priority franchise and that they made so much money from not only the games but also the associated merchandise. There's a reason why they chose to turn just Fire Emblem into one of the first Nintendo mobile titles.

On topic, I also want to clarify that I've never complained about the localization of the game aside from making fun of the "adult that you technically are" line so this is not my fault, I swear!

I kinda agree to what Hithere said though. That was the subject of my edited post above. They got money from Fire Emblem, so they're glad and try to make more, but I do not feel the same consideration, the same proud from Nintendo towards Fire Emblem, than toward their normal/historical hits, like Star Forx, Metroid, etc, whose a lot of them are dead now, sorry for those who like these series, they tried/try to make a new one, but that failed/will fail. That deeply annoys me since many years, the way they hide Fire Emblem like that, as if they were ashamed of having it. Nintendo's big problem, who is to slowly killing them, is that they're stuck in their glorious past and can't evolve anymore. Fire Emblem doesn't have a glorious past in their opinion. Just look at how they launched Fates in Europe. A few ads on TVs and internet during one or two weeks, no new trailer (and just a few translation from the US' ones), then silence, except for the weekly DLCs on their Youtube channel. Yet all versions of Fates reached the Top 5 sales in my country during their release week. In fact, Nintendo's revenues decreased from 30% during the second trimester, whereas Fates sold very well and they made big money from it. So yeah, a mobile version would make some money too, but will it get the same consideration as Animal Crossing, Mittomo, etc? No. Look at Sm4sh. 6 Fire Emblem characters, one page of trophies, when franchises belonging to the past got 5-6 or even more showcases.

Concerning the localization, I agree though. I just don't care if it's not the exact same game than in Japan, as long as it makes sense as a whole. I'm even glad they made Fates less Japanese, I don't think I would like it as much as I do if kept it like that, because I'not into Japanese culture at all (I find it ridiculous anyway). They made the game more Occidental/(Western?), and it's better like that. That's this mix between Japan and European culture I always loved in Fire Emblem. The "adult you technically are'" was laughable too, because obvious, but... Why not ?

I'll just add that earlier today it was announced that Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be getting new content and DLC. This game is from 2012, so if a game 4 years old is getting an update, then i don't think Nintendo will give up on a game that came out 7 months ago.

Honestly I think Nintendo just shifted their attention to pokemon for since it's the next big thing and it's their killer app like any company would do. For comparison sake look at EA all their focus is on Titanfall and Battlefield 1 and barely on anything else.

If you really think about it the summer period very dry season both new releases and news outlets. That's just what it have always been. It isn't till September when they all start to kick into high gear again.