Favourite Unplayable FE Characters?

NJ7009

Lala... the hell was her English name? Layla? From Birthright.

Gale in FE6.

That is a rage quit or an actual question?

Yeah, her name is Layla.

___

I would like to be able to save a lot of characters, for example people like Isthar, Levail or even Hetzel.

I like Guinevere too, but I don't think I have a favorite NPC xD

There are a lot of non-playable characters I like (the Black Fang, Leila, Lyon, etc) but I think the tragedy of their characters would be lost if they were recruitable, so no.

For others,

FE7: Fargus and maybe Uther for a chapter.

FE9: Sigrun

FE10: Levail

FE14: Kotaro instead of Kaze (Conquest) and Zola (Birthright).

I would say that that would have been a much better idea. Suzukaze's reasons for joining in Conquest are so contrived and stupid that they border on insulting.

I would say that that would have been a much better idea. Suzukaze's reasons for joining in Conquest are so contrived and stupid that they border on insulting.

At the risk of invoking Serenes' Law, the inability to recruit Kotaro was almost equally stupid. Apparently the Nohrian army needs to execute all of their morally sketchy allies, unless their names are Ganz, Iago, Pieri, Beruka or Niles. The Nohrian army has principles! Vaguely defined, often contradictory principles!

RIP Kotarou and Zola, the heroes Nohr needed but didn't deserve.

At the risk of invoking Serenes' Law, the inability to recruit Kotaro was almost equally stupid. Apparently the Nohrian army needs to execute all of their morally sketchy allies, unless their names are Ganz, Iago, Pieri, Beruka or Niles. The Nohrian army has principles! Vaguely defined, often contradictory principles!

RIP Kotarou and Zola, the heroes Nohr needed but didn't deserve.

To be fair, Niles is not that morally questionable. He does more sexual harassment than anything else which, while is still bad, is not nearly as bad as murdering helpless people. He also has utility as he can capture and steal... which is also pretty bad, but it is for a good cause! (One can only imagine what horrible things Niles does to those he captures). Intelligent Systems clearly did not think through these things.

Just because I am still fairly new here and am ignorant of some things: what is Serenes' Law?

To be fair, Niles is not that morally questionable. He does more sexual harassment than anything else which, while is still bad, is not nearly as bad as murdering helpless people. He also has utility as he can capture and steal... which is also pretty bad, but it is for a good cause! (One can only imagine what horrible things Niles does to those he captures). Intelligent Systems clearly did not think through these things.

Just because I am still fairly new here and am ignorant of some things: what is Serenes' Law?

Niles is definitely a milder case, but considering Nohr regularly hires murderers and thieves, it's hard to see why Kotaro and Zola get shit on for "not being honorable".

Serenes' Law is that threads will inevitably get derailed to discuss Fates' plot.

Edited by NekoKnight

FE14: Kotaro instead of Kaze (Conquest) and Zola (Birthright).

As much as I like Kaze, I agree with this: It would not only make Kaze less stupid, since he wouldn't join you, but It would also allow IS to explore Kotaro and his past more thanks to him having some supports(in particular one with Shura), tough I'm afraid he would be another Corrin sexual.

Plus, I am one of the few Kotaro fan present in the wold

As much as I like Kaze, I agree with this: It would not only make Kaze less stupid, since he wouldn't join you, but It would also allow IS to explore Kotaro and his past more thanks to him having some supports(in particular one with Shura), tough I'm afraid he would be another Corrin sexual.

Plus, I am one of the few Kotaro fan present in the wold

I think the problem is that they wrote Kotaro to be too straight a villain in Birthright so even though it makes total sense for him to support you in Conquest, they can't have straight up bad guys on your team. Which makes Zola's case even weirder because not only is he allied to you in Conquest, he's shown to have some redeeming qualities in Birthright. And then you kill him... IS, sometimes I don't even....

I think the problem is that they wrote Kotaro to be too straight a villain in Birthright so even though it makes total sense for him to support you in Conquest, they can't have straight up bad guys on your team. Which makes Zola's case even weirder because not only is he allied to you in Conquest, he's shown to have some redeeming qualities in Birthright. And then you kill him... IS, sometimes I don't even....

They needed cannon fooder to kill :p

Zola unfortunately suffers from "born with a villainous face" syndrome, and a symptom of this desize is most definitely dying in a boss fight regardless of how unneeded said boss fight was. He should of counteracted this by using dem shapeshifting abilities to give himself a decent face.

Edit: Don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I'd honestly want Hans to be playable on the main quest. Sure he's a fucking sociopath, but Conquest literally establishes he only does this shit because he's a soldier and soilders take orders. Hell, he flat out aids Corrin of his own volition in Conquest anyway, why can't he join my merry band of Nohrian Scum.

Edited by MCProductions

something that needs to be abolished, like yesterday. <.<

I also wished i could have Guinevere on my team in fe6. Like, the first time i played that game, i kept thinking i get to recruit her and she never showed up. I was a sad panda.

I really wanted to recruit Leila from fe7 too. Female thief/assassin? yes please! And then she got fridged and i was like "oh goddammit."

FE9 saw me longing for Sigrun. I was so happy when she was playable in FE10. I was disappointed that her stats werent great. But i still use her.

Forever salty that Philia and that Feroxi knight from chapter 3 was not playable. ALSO CERVANTES OMG

something that needs to be abolished, like yesterday. <.<

I also wished i could have Guinevere on my team in fe6. Like, the first time i played that game, i kept thinking i get to recruit her and she never showed up. I was a sad panda.

I really wanted to recruit Leila from fe7 too. Female thief/assassin? yes please! And then she got fridged and i was like "oh goddammit."

FE9 saw me longing for Sigrun. I was so happy when she was playable in FE10. I was disappointed that her stats werent great. But i still use her.

Forever salty that Philia and that Feroxi knight from chapter 3 was not playable. ALSO CERVANTES OMG

Except why would you need to recruit Reimi when you get Kellam in the chapter you fight her in?

Except why would you need to recruit Reimi when you get Kellam in the chapter you fight her in?

She could've joined at the point where Chrom joins forces with the Khans to attack Plegia (right before chapter 8), that would actually make more sense storywise than having her join instantly.

Edited by Gradivus.

Phila, Reimi, Zola, Kotaro, Guinivere...most of my preferred choices have already been said. However, I do wish that Garon and Mikoto would have been playable like IntSys promised in the pre-release stuff, even if it was only in Revelation.

Edit: Also, Murdock and/or Brenya, outside of the trial maps.

Edited by AzureSen

She could've joined at the point where Chrom joins forces with the Khans to attack Plegia (right before chapter 8), that would actually make more sense storywise than having her join instantly.

Yee. It doesnt make sense for her to join in chapter 3. But several chapters later as a higher level (like level 13 or something) thwomp knight would have been neat. I always imagine her reclass options including merc.

Gale from FE6. Dude's a bro and looks badass.

Limestia from FE7 and the Reed family. Limestia was a puppet, but I usually like characters like that and her death quote implied that she had some sort of emotion.

Caeacach? and Selena from FE8. Caellach I can see as a prepromote hero since he wasn't a boarderline evil guy; he just wanted high status and was dead set on it. Selena's a common trope, but I felt really bad at the start when encounters Myrrh. Plus having a prepromote Valkerie would be kickass.

Pharos, Phila, and Musfasha from FE13. The latter two for obvious reasons, but Pharos I feel should have had status similar to the other two considering that she's a fortress guard, and she actually has a conversation with Excallus. I also like her design.

Layla in FE14. That design is so cute. Y u tease us like this IS?

Fiona from FE10. The Dawn Brigade has no cavalry units and it would be really nice to have another mount besides Jill...

serious answer: Gale stop passive-aggressively stalking me and JOIN already.

Edited by X-Naut

A lot of good possibilities have been proposed, but here's one I thought of recently: Erik, in Blazing Sword. I know what you're thinking - "he hates Eliwood and Hector, so why would he join up with them?" Hear me out, though - it's equally important, if not more so, to think about whom he really cares about. Based on his brief characterization, he truly cares for his father, and wants to make him proud. After being defeated (but not killed) by the Lycian Lordlings, he is shocked to find out that his father has left him. The father he knows would have stayed behind to protect Laus, and certainly not abandon Erik to his death. Erik concludes, correctly, that Ephidel has manipulated Darin into leaving. It seems like Erik would want to find, and rescue, his father - in a sense, he would share Eliwood's mission. They're both going after Ephidel, so I think it's totally realistic for Erik to, begrudgingly, join Eliwood in his mission. I would love to see his dynamic with everyone else, either through story or supports - a rude and snobbish character who envies those more successful than him, but who cares for his father and seeks to prove himself to him. Even after

Darin is fought, and killed, at the Dragon's Gate (he'd better get a special conversation with Erik),

I think it's reasonable for Erik to stay with the group, to get revenge on Nergal, and prove himself the fighter his father believed him to be.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate