The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

Telmara connects (90, 6) for 11 damage to the soldier [10 exp/1 wexp] for the only attack this player phase! Everyone else moves along up. (Also, Aria and Joviana magically move 2 spaces forward, because they were kind of stuck behind after turn 1 so they get to catch up by magic)

Enemy phase strikes back!

"What the... they're even faster than expected!" Thane cursed. "Alright. Concessions must be made... we can't stick around. You two, take the one-way path to the center. And you two, follow me after I grab some loot so they can't have it! Hopefully the others can fend them off, at least."

Thief A: G10
Thief B: B15
Thief D: AC2
Brigand B: AB12
Archer A: AC3
Soldier A: AD13
Myrmidon A: AB12
Myrmidon B: S10
Shaman A: F9
Thane: P6

Seemingly out of nowhere, a bandit emerges from the woods to strike at Telmara (92, 77) but totally whiffs! She on the other hand (7, 93) lands a wind spell for 12. [10 exp/1 wexp]

After him the soldier comes back for revenge! (23, 33) He fares better, scoring 10 damage of his own, but Telmara nearly kills him (27, 73) with her counter of 11 more. [10 exp/1 wexp]. Telmara has enough experience to hit level 4 after those 3 fights!

(52, 11, 56, 89, 42, 73, 55, 58) Nautral HP and strength, bonus speed.

The last combat for this phase has Ulysses attacked by a myrmidon (12, 17) who hits easily to deal 13 damage! However he does land his counterattack (51, 29) to deal 12 damage of his own. [10 exp, 1 wexp]

Lastly, Thane pilfers a Frostblade. Booooo.

Other phasebegins after all that.

Isaac: AA12

Knight A: AC18
Knight B: AA9
Knight C: B13
Fighter A: AB10
Fighter B: AC24

Mercenary: A14
Mage A: AA11
Cleric A: F20

Isaac (76, 73) kills the weakened myrmidon using his Steel Sword for 13 damage. He may be allied, but he's still a green unit, so he gains no exp.

All the other actions after that are just moves, but some with the forest portals!

It is turn 3. Player phase begins.

E7b1s57.png

--

Spreadsheet

Edited by Reinfleche
fixed

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pointing to the bloody mess that used to be a myrmidon with his axe, Ulysses addressed Aaron, "I've certainly got more brains than him." A grin growing across his face. The scent of blood and the endorphins caused by his new wound making him a bit less guarded. "Ulysses, remember, you're fighting for survival not fun. We all know how you can get blood-crazy, but you can't just recklessly charge in. The tribe can't afford to lose their craziest warrior." The memory of the man who taught Ulysses to fight reminded him that despite the rush he felt, he was in fact in danger. Though he despised not being able to fight up-close and personal he simply couldn't try and fight normally in his condition. So he pulled out a smaller throwing axe, and lobbed it a nearby warrior.

Ulysses attacks Brigand B with Handaxe, (Unless that messes with plans I don't know about due to posting at school. In which case, will edit once home.)

Aa-13, heal Ulysses

"Isaac, which of these are your men? If you tell them to not attack us, no one in my group will have reason to attack. We can make it through this peacefully, but we need to know who to leave alone."

Edited by scorri

Telmara took the hit in stride, having just dodged another, and sent spells back at the both of them. These bandits weren't strong, but they had numbers. Had she simply missed the one that had come out of the woods? Maybe she hadn't been paying enough attention. Well, whatever the case, her lack of attention had caused her to start bleeding. "K--" she caught herself, calling for Kaya's help. No, I don't need her... I can do just fine without her. And I'm not heading back for Aria. Telmara kept moving, applying a vulnerary to her wound. That would suffice.

Telmara to X12, use vuln.

Edited by Nanami Touko

Kolmar totally whiffs (100, 38)! This is probably revenge for the time he rolled a 1 for hit.

Ulysses does not fare any better (87, 15)! Unlucky.

They both only get 1 exp and 1 wexp. At least they can't be countered.

Telmara vulns up, and Kaya heals Ulysses.

Finally they'd clashed with enemies more relevant than a lone ambusher, however the atmosphere of their group wasn't any better. Sighing, Raz continued to try and filter out the dissent, and loudness. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Raz to Ac14, fire at Brigand B with her iron bow.

"I've got him, are you alright Telmara?" Mikhaila asked as she moved forward, taking cover in the branches before swinging at the brigand that had injured Telmara, hoping to finish him off as the mask's power surged through her.

Mikhaila to Ac11, activate Curse of the Mask, and attack Brigand B with Iron sword

"I-I'm fine!" she called over to Mikhaila. She's sure taken an interest in my well being... I guess it's nice that someone can still care, but I don't understand it at all. Something else was eating at her. Running past Isaac's comrades without a second thought. Her instincts were telling her, screaming at her to turn on them and strike. Maybe they could feel that and they were keeping their distance because of it... But it felt everything but safe to put her back to these strangers. Give me a reason. Give me one good reason...

Aaron finally lands a hit this turn (55, 74) for 13. 30 juicy exp for him and 2 wexp.

Raz similarly connects (64, 31) with her bow to deal 10. She gets her 10 exp/1 wexp, making her only 2 away from D bows.

Mikhaila finishes the bandit off (9, 8) with ease, dealing 14 to him. 30 exp and 2 wexp, leaving her at the dreaded 99 exp mark.

Joviana goes up

First update on the new site... bear with any problems there are with the update, post preview doesn't exist.

Enemy phaseĀ begins again. Here are their moves:

Ā 

Shaman A: K9

Thief A: L10
Thief B: H15
Thief D: S10
Archer A: R10
Solider B: O2
Bandit C: P2
Myrmidon B: S11
Thane: O1

No combat here.

Next up, other phase happens. And here are their moves:

Ā 

Knight A: AC17

Knight C: A13
Merc A: F14
Fighter B: AD17

Several of the nearby adventurersĀ look towards the party weapons raised, but Isaac speaks up. "Hold your attacks! Whatever Juniper said, they've been helping combat the thieves. No need to engage them." The knight, mage, and fighter glance at each other before nodding. However, not everyone got the message.

Knight A sees the large group before him and attacks Joviana (30, 27), hitting for 12 damage. Joviana does manage a counter despite the surprise (39, 48), dealing 6. [10 exp/ 2Ā wexp] edit: she also Adepts for 6 more (48, 65)

Fighter B joins his friend, throwing a hand axe at Kolmar (50, 55) for 12. Kolmar's Javelin attack (63, 5) is thrown off by the woods, however. [1 exp/wexp]

Now it is turn 4.Ā Player phaseĀ begins.

XJqeEKf.png

--
Ā 
SpreadsheetĀ 

Ā 

Edited by Reinfleche
new sf is bad at links

Ulysses absolutely despised ranged combat. He was of the opinion that combat should be done up close and personal, where it's fun. Sometimes though he simply acted on instinct, as was the case this time when he swiveled around and lobbed a hand axe at one of his would-be ambushers.

Uysses to Ab16, Subdue Knight A with Hand Axe

Not good, not good at all. Raz readied an arrow as she noticed the mercenaries closing in, judging from their looks, they were from Juniper's crew. Her eyes shifted back to Kaya and Isaac.Ā Maybe, if they're busy over there... She shook hed head quickly, casting away the thought. No, ridiculous. I can't do much like this, anyways. Sighing, she moved up to one of the mercenaries, bow ready, firing at their ally. Whether the others kill them or not, I'm holding them here. She took out her tome after, looking the armored knight in the eye.

Raz to Ac16, fire with her iron bow at Fighter B, quickswap to illuminate.

Joviana hits (65, 85) to deal 10, but the Fighter strikes back for 12 (3, 49) [10 exp, 1 wexp]. That's still enough for a level up!

(75, 94, 38, 1, 90, 76, 34, 27) Natural magic and skill, bonus defense.

Ulysses sends the knight off to dreamland (18, 99), dealing 9. [33 exp, 2 wexp]

Raz hits her shot (26, 64) for 9 and gets a SICK DODGE (62, 56) to get some sweet Endorphins gauge. [10 exp, 1 wexp]

Oh, how wondrous it would have been if Telmara had managed to catch some of Isaac's men turning on them. Alas, she had been out of sight of the issue, and kept herself trained on the approaching bandits. Too many of them... Tch. I'll have to withdraw, just a bit. She didn't like it, but Mikhaila had made her promise not to do anything too reckless...

Telmara to Z13

Sorry for the delay! Been busy + slow phase.

Aria's success was mentioned over skype already. Heals happen too. This results in two level ups, one for Aria and one for Kaya.

(63, 8, 17, 6, 80, 1, 11, 2) Kaya: Strength, Magic, Skill, Luck, Def, Res

(64, 29, 83, 17, 29, 84, 25, 78) Aria: Skill, Speed, Bonus Def

Enemy phase starts. Moves:

Soldier B- I10

Bandit C- H10
Thief A- Q10
Thief B- P1
Thief D- U10
Archer A- U11
Shaman A- P9
Thane- C20

With most of his allies departing through the woods passages to fight the adventure group, Thane was surprised to see one of them arrive near him. "What are you doing here, coward?! Go take the one way everyone else is going for. As for me, I see an easy target right... here."

Using the Crusader's Calling, Thane jumps out of the brush near Juniper to attack! (22, 34) He deals 12 to her.

Now for other phase moves:

Juniper- E20

Isaac- X11
Cleric A- K20
Mage A- X12
Fighter A- Y10
Knight B- Ab10

Juniper attempts retribution at Thane... but even with her hit bonuses, totally whiffs! (100, 36) Even so, her gauge builds up to 100... watch out!

The cleric near her heals Juniper back to full HP.

The last attack of the phase is one of the allied knights. While the others near him paid their confused comrades no mind, enraged at the party's behavior, he stabsĀ at Kaya. (42, 84) Despite her tattoos, the Dragonpike is not an effective weapon vs Kaya, but does still deal 11. Kaya's dragon rage hits him for 7, and her return stab (22, 5) does 4 more.

That's all for them. It's turn 5 player phase!

3r4iaq4.png

--

Spreadsheet as always