PSA for Fates' fans

Dr. Tarrasque

What's so wrong about FE14 flagellants realizing they were wrong and exposing themselves for what they are?

what is wrong with you man

if there is anyone that is a flagellant it's probably you for thrusting yourself into arguments about it

*Sweating audibly*

you're kinda a nerd but at least you provide some reasons. not that i really can be bothered to read paragraphs on fates. Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so wrong about FE14 flagellants realizing they were wrong and exposing themselves for what they are?

What's so wrong with pre Awakening elitists continuing to give this fanbase a worse image than these "flagellants" would on their own. What your saying here, when combined with two threads you've made in the past, makes you look like a massive fucking hypocrite.

While I personally don't mind people not liking Fates despite it being my favorite, I do take offense to people like you insulting people for having different likes.

Chill dude, opinions are a thing. There's no objective right or wrong in this scenario.

Thinking there is is plainly crazy-talk.

...How should I publicly express how much I utterly disrespect this game?

In a thread that's actually INTENDED for things you dislike about Fates. God knows there's plenty of them, but this thread, which serves no purpose other than reassuring people who like Fates that others not sharing their opinion is NOT the place to go insulting the very people this thread was intended to reassure.

But when people say they like it or the characters, it makes my skin crawl like nothing else. I NEED some way of getting out my hatred just as strongly as my feelings are.

Sirius, you might need to make a similar thread in the RD board for people like this. He CLEARLY doesn't understand that people aren't entirely like him.

Forgive the double post, tried editing my last one, but fsr, a completely different post resulted

Edited by MCProductions

But when people say they like it or the characters, it makes my skin crawl like nothing else.

In that case, you're way too sensitive regarding opinions, and should work to improve. After all, we can't have a pleasant society if people aren't willing to accept others' opinions.

It's just their opinion, they're as entitled to it as you are to yours, there's no need to insult them over it.

Sirius, you might need to make a similar thread in the RD board for people like this. He CLEARLY doesn't understand that people aren't entirely like him.

Forgive the double post, tried editing my last one, but fsr, a completely different post resulted

I think he's just trolling and we may need to not pay attention to him.

I think he's just trolling and we may need to not pay attention to him.

That could result in them persisting until someone gives or they'll go bug off to another topic and irritate other people. If they were truly malicious and dead set on "showing the flagellants the truth" (which honestly makes me laugh to think there is any "truth") they'd keep at it until someone snaps, and someone will if they persist - everyone has limits and some will do what it takes to reach them. People like him need to be dealt with in a way that discourages their behavior. That's why "Don't feed the trolls" doesn't always work, and we don't want to take chances with that.

At this point I'm becoming more or less numb to others' opinions in themselves (but not disrespectful), but shaming someone for having an opinion contrary to yours is unacceptable behavior. It's why the Undertale and Sonic fanbases among many others are in such a mess.

Clearly, the solution is the worry less about Fates and to do more shiny hunting in Pokemon. I just caught a shiny Spinda!

In all seriousness, I agree with Sirius.

...How should I publicly express how much I utterly disrespect this game?

By leaving the FE Fates discussions, along that anything else that you have a problem with, forever. Go find something that's productive, like volunteering at the library.

Alternately, go see a therapist for better advice on how to handle disappointment.

But when people say they like it or the characters, it makes my skin crawl like nothing else. I NEED some way of getting out my hatred just as strongly as my feelings are.

Or I can ban you.

Clearly, the solution is the worry less about Fates and to do more shiny hunting in Pokemon. I just caught a shiny Spinda!

In all seriousness, I agree with Sirius.

I've only every caught a shiny Ponyta

I really haven't seen anyone "seek validation for their opinions". Literally the first time I'd seen something that could be framed as such is the other thread- this "PSA" just feels a bit sudden and kind of not needed at this point in time.

Now if we had lots of people doing that, then OK, I'd get it.

I really haven't seen anyone "seek validation for their opinions". Literally the first time I'd seen something that could be framed as such is the other thread- this "PSA" just feels a bit sudden and kind of not needed at this point in time.

Now if we had lots of people doing that, then OK, I'd get it.

I think it's less "seeking validation" and more "wanting to fit in with the crowd", what with humans being hard-wired as a social species and all. There are lots of vocal portions of this fanbase that dislike post-Awakening Fire Emblem to a high degree (it really goes without saying where the majority of these portions come from), and it makes some people who like post-Awakening Fire Emblem not want to interact with them and question their own opinions for one reason or another (fear of being ostracized and/or shamed for one, not having the "right" mindset to form the "correct" opinion of something for another, etc.). The so-called "old guard" elitists/veterans got really nasty toward the new fans who got in through Awakening throughout a chunk of its relevancy and while it was not as bad with Fates these kind of topics wouldn't be made for the most part if it wasn't a problem.

I think it's less "seeking validation" and more "wanting to fit in with the crowd", what with humans being hard-wired as a social species and all. There are lots of vocal portions of this fanbase that dislike post-Awakening Fire Emblem to a high degree (it really goes without saying where the majority of these portions come from), and it makes some people who like post-Awakening Fire Emblem not want to interact with them and question their own opinions for one reason or another (fear of being ostracized and/or shamed for one, not having the "right" mindset to form the "correct" opinion of something for another, etc.). The so-called "old guard" elitists/veterans got really nasty toward the new fans who got in through Awakening throughout a chunk of its relevancy and while it was not as bad with Fates these kind of topics wouldn't be made for the most part if it wasn't a problem.

Those particular veterans give ones like myself a bad name as well, because I adore the entire franchise, but some of the newcomers seem to react to that being like "Oh no this guy is gonna be a douche to me isn't he"

It's getting a little irritating haha, but thankfully both sides have dialed that down a bit.

Those particular veterans give ones like myself a bad name as well, because I adore the entire franchise, but some of the newcomers seem to react to that being like "Oh no this guy is gonna be a douche to me isn't he"

It's getting a little irritating haha, but thankfully both sides have dialed that down a bit.

I'm the other side of the spectrum tbh, I started with Awakening, but like you, I adore the entire franchise.

I'm the other side of the spectrum tbh, I started with Awakening, but like you, I adore the entire franchise.

I'm glad to see you expanded out from Awakening, honestly thats what I like seeing.

But I also don't mind if people just like the 3DS FE's as well.

I'm glad to see you expanded out from Awakening, honestly thats what I like seeing.

But I also don't mind if people just like the 3DS FE's as well.

The only Fire Emblem games I'm truly intimidated to try out are the Jugdral duology and that's because of the purported difficulty and length of the games (especially the latter). I've played the GBA games and really wanted to get the Tellius duology and Archanea remakes. I did start out with Awakening and eventually got Fates (still waiting for the Scramble DLCs) and while Fates is currently my absolute favorite game in the series there is pretty much no bad FE game to me.

The only Fire Emblem games I'm truly intimidated to try out are the Jugdral duology and that's because of the purported difficulty and length of the games (especially the latter). I've played the GBA games and really wanted to get the Tellius duology and Archanea remakes. I did start out with Awakening and eventually got Fates (still waiting for the Scramble DLCs) and while Fates is currently my absolute favorite game in the series there is pretty much no bad FE game to me.

I love the Jugdral games, but I can see why they'd be intimidating, I had some people help me with the mechanics and stuff as I played and I was able to enjoy them alot. FE5 is only really difficult on your first run, but at the same time the first run is the most special one for alot of ways. "WHY" or "Oh man thats a thing" has its own special kind of magic to me haha.

I don't find FE5 too hard on replay because the game does offer you various powerful tools, but yeah without knowing those tools and the obstacles ahead, it can be a little difficult.

FE4 I wouldn't say is too hard, its just... VERY different, but I like it for it, not to mention how grand the battles feel, but of course its not for everyone. I'd say give em a look sometime.

Edited by Jedi

This gave me a well needed laugh tbh.

Like, for all the crap I give Fates... if I hated it.. like truly didn't like it, I wouldn't still be playing it, I wouldn't still be enjoying it.

I don't like the writing for most of it. That's obvious, I'm probably one of the big complainers about it, or at least use to be. Doesn't mean I can still enjoy playing Fates. It's fun. I can just skip most of the story.

I may not like Revelations, but I still play it... easy access to both sides, characters I like on both...

Like man I'm a big fan of Devil May Cry. That series isn't well known for deep plots and I still play it even if I sit there and go, "this is stupid" sometimes.

I think there are points where it's fine to complain, or better word, criticize things. Have a field day. But I don't go around (at least I don't think I do) trying to convince people that their opinions are wrong. I don't understand that.

Like man I'm a big fan of Devil May Cry. That series isn't well known for deep plots and I still play it even if I sit there and go, "this is stupid" sometimes.

I think there are points where it's fine to complain, or better word, criticize things. Have a field day. But I don't go around (at least I don't think I do) trying to convince people that their opinions are wrong. I don't understand that.

"I shouldhavebeen the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT" Yeah I love DMC as well. :P:

Yeah, I don't get when people go out of their way to try to demonize people for liking something, then again I'm in the Sonic & FF fanbases so I'm used to it by this point, no matter what a new Sonic game does, good/bad etc, the Classic fans are always going to complain (And hell I'm one of those "classic fans", hell people complained about in Sonic Generations (A really awesome game that celebrates the franchise) that a certain stage wasn't yellow enough. Like really. Its people like this that makes it hard for me to enjoy one of my favorite franchises that happens to be about a blue hedgehog, sure he's had ups & downs, but even in his ups, like Unleashed/Colors/Generations, people still demonize us, including people in the fanbase itself.

Although thankfully people are optimistic with Mania & Project 2017.

How does this relate to FE you ask? Well I feel thats how this fanbase is becoming, the latest entries are going to be demonized by the old guard, except the people of the old guard who look past the weirdness and realize its still FE, and that the gameplay is stellar still, sure its not like how it used to be in alot of ways, but another nice thing about FE is how different it's been over the years to the point where you can't just go back to an older one and get the same experience as you would with the newer ones, I find that a good thing.

But as Sirius said, people need to stop looking for validation for their opinions and just have their opinions on something, even if its against the norm, if you like something, then don't be ashamed of it. Oh gosh this turned ranty, i'll stop now haha.

Honestly it's just the same correct solution to both sides:

1. I like Fates. You hate it. Whoopdeedoo.

2. I hate Fates. You like it. Whoopdeedoo.

That hilarious statement more or less saying "anyone saying they like the game or its characters awakens an insatiable rage" shows a lack of maturity.

Honestly it's just the same correct solution to both sides:

1. I like Fates. You hate it. Whoopdeedoo.

2. I hate Fates. You like it. Whoopdeedoo.

That hilarious statement more or less saying "anyone saying they like the game or its characters awakens an insatiable rage" shows a lack of maturity.

If only everyone acted like this. It'd solve a lot of everyone's problems.

BTW, regarding that last statement "anyone saying they like the game or its characters awakens an insatiable rage", did anyone get P.M.ed by the poster who said that at all?