Why doesn't Corrin wear any shoes ?

WinterOkami

My headcanon is...

Corrin doesn't wear shoes because they were confined to the Northern Fortress and thus never needed footwear. By the time they were ready to leave they were too accustomed to being barefoot to even consider wearing shoes, and so Xander and Gunter let them wear shoeless armor.

Azura did usually wear shoes in the past, but she removed them whenever she danced. At some point she realized she felt more comfortable being barefoot, and so she decided to go shoeless all the time. (Personally I think the idea of Mikoto not allowing Azura to wear shoes, despite treating her as her daughter, is silly.)

They're both willing to wear shoes if the situation requires it* (Azura more so than Corrin), but they'll still get rid of them as soon as they can.

*Gameplay and story segregation aside

That makes sense, but they have some ugly nasty feets.

Even with 70 Lck stat you can't fight the chance of stepping on some nasty big poop barefooted.

Edited by WinterOkami

That makes sense, but they have some ugly nasty feets

Plot twist: Anankos blessed the Vallite royal family with perfect feet. They're always soft and clean! It's why Corrin and Azura can get away with being barefoot all the time but no one else can.

Edited by Lightchao42

My theory is that in a fit of rebellion for being kidnapped, Azura took the "no shoes indoor" tradition the Japanese had a step further by never wearing shoes at all. By the time she accepted the Hoshidians as her family, it became a habit for her.

im laughing there's so much salt in this thread i love it

in all seriousness, i always assumed corrin doesn't wear shoes because... would that affect their dragon transforming? i thought transforming into a dragon with shoes on would be a pain, but maybe not. like, corrin's armor looks pretty flexible and they wear gloves, but the gloves don't rip and the armor never explodes off their body, so would shoes make any difference? other transforming beast units wear shoes without seeming to care, so why not corn?

i guess i agree with the other headcanons about corrin not needing to wear armor or shoes, but i personally like the more grounded feel the shoeless look gives the design as a whole. it makes them look more... connected with nature, maybe?

if anything i guess people can dream about their footjobs

Both Corrin and Azura felt like putting shoes on and off every time was pointless and tiring so they didn't want to deal with that.

What? Have you tried on shoes at a shoe store? They take ages! Your feet don't deserve the stress of putting shoes on and off again!

I've taken this one step further: I don't even try the shoes on anymore, I just check the size and if it is the same as my foot size, I'll buy 'em.

@above: Me too.

It's feet shipping, they want to let the players know that Azura x Kamui is the only canon pairing in the game. You're welcome, Phillius.

My theory is that in a fit of rebellion for being kidnapped, Azura took the "no shoes indoor" tradition the Japanese had a step further by never wearing shoes at all. By the time she accepted the Hoshidians as her family, it became a habit for her.

But then Azura would have to take her feet off when she enters a building... Sounds messy.

It's feet shipping, they want to let the players know that Azura x Kamui is the only canon pairing in the game. You're welcome, Phillius.

ily bby.

That's why they're so close. They saw that they both didn't wear shoes and knew it was meant to be.

In all seriousness, there was that thing about them not wearing shoes to symbolise their captivity that seemed legit. Azura can also be covered the Japanese custom of removing shoes at the door (I may be remembering that incorrectly) and I believe there was a design note somewhere about Corrin being 'uncomfortable in their own skin' or something like that.

On the subject of weird clothing choices, what's with the bare patch of skin on Azura's dress? Not the asymmetrical leggings, I mean there is just a piece of fabric missing around half of her waistline. I know Nohrian tailors can't afford to properly clothe their women but as a person spending many years in Hoshido, she has no excuse.

I thought the "IS can't draw feet" joke got infinitely funnier when they first drew female Corrin with two left feet and then did the same to Eponine in the Halloween DLC CG art.

Edit: for those who don't know what I'm talking about or need a reminder:

4a5.pngtumblr_o46ihcSKyb1uzq8cxo1_500.png

Huh, looks like Eponine had two right feet. Oh well, still funny.

That looks like loose socks to me and the point doesn't imply the toes' locations.

On the subject of weird clothing choices, what's with the bare patch of skin on Azura's dress? Not the asymmetrical leggings, I mean there is just a piece of fabric missing around half of her waistline. I know Nohrian tailors can't afford to properly clothe their women but as a person spending many years in Hoshido, she has no excuse.

Even assuming that something like this could be considered fashionable, in Azura's case this small patch of skin just blends in with the rest of her white dress anyway. It just ends up making her look akward, as it's hard to get a grasp of what one is actually looking at. This is even the case in the detailed official art, let alone in those crude in-game models.

Edited by BrightBow

My favorite part is how Flora acts like Corrin wears shoes in their supports. So even the writers seem to have forgotten Corrin goes around barefoot.

Correction:

Localizers, not writers.

Flora: Ah! There's a leaf stuck to your cape. Just a minute, and I'll get it right off you!

Flora: There, much better. Oh my, your boots are so scuffed! Luckily, I've got some boot polish handy right here.

Not so in Japanese.

[フローラ]

あ、お召し物に葉っぱがついていますね。

お取りしますので動かないでください。▼

[カムイ]

うん。▼

[フローラ]

はい、取れました。▼

あら、足もとも少し汚れていますね。

拭いますから動かないでください。▼

She particularly says "feet".

The translators had likely no context and saw "Ashi"... and well, "feet being dirty" is a common phrasing used to refer to one's footwear.