Favorite Weapon Battle Models? Awakenin' Edition!

SaviorSword

Well since I've made a topic like this for Fates, I think it would be only fair to make this topic here too!

Sword: Ragnell

Lance: Effie's Lance Gradivus

Axe: Helswath (Love that Damascus steel look)

Bow: Towerin' Bow

Tome: Mjölnir

Staff: Catharsis

While I'm here, I could give my opinions on other weapons and such. I will probably be makin' a lot of comparisons

Bronze weapons: Even for a starter weapon, they look rather hideous still. I know that bronze turns green in time, but I'd rather see that bronze brown color instead. Fates had a been design in general for the weapons, but it still carries that green color though.

Iron weapons: In Awakenin', they look nice and "standard" for a low level weapon. Fates' Iron weapons look flat out awful and generally looks "clunky" as well.

Probably more to come later, but for now what's yar favorite weapon in terms of looks in Awakenin'?

Sword:Amatsu. Of all the sword regalia, it's the scariest one.

Lance: I want to say either Gungnir or Luna Lance.

Axe: Hector's Axe, close second being Vengeance.

Bow: Astra Bow.

Time: Forseti or Book of Naga

Staff: Fortify

My thoughts: Brave Weapons are probably the most powerful weapon type, especially through Eirika's Blade and Waste. Lightning isn't even close to as powerful as waste, and Brave weapons in general are much weaker than in Awakening.

Sword: Sol. It's just so cool looking...

Lance: Luna. It has a very sleek design that I can really get behind.

Axe: Bolt Axe.

Bow: Not sure, never looked at them before.

Tome: Not sure, it's been a while since I've seen them.

Staff: Literally never payed attention to them.

Sword: Levin Sword...... <3

Lance: Superior Lance

Axe: Ladle

Bow: Glass Bow

Tome: Cecilia's Gale (combined with Morgan's Ignis animation. he's all purple)

Staff: Mend

I actually like how the bronze swords in the game are designed to look like actual bronze swords from the bronze age.

Edited by moxis

My thoughts: Brave Weapons are probably the most powerful weapon type, especially through Eirika's Blade and Waste. Lightning isn't even close to as powerful as waste, and Brave weapons in general are much weaker than in Awakening.

Waste is pretty underwhelming for a Brave weapon, imho - the brave effect doesn't mean much if you can't hit worth a damn. I do agree that Fates dealt a pretty big hit with the nerf bat to braves, though.

That said...

Sword: Amatsu or Mercurius

Lance: The mighty GRADIUS!

Axe: Helswath

Bow: Superior Duck Bow

Tome: Valflame, Mjolnir. Also, Arcfire and Thoron.

Staff: Fortify, Goddess Staff

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, back with some more opinions on weapon series and I'll touch on some comparisons with Fates' weapon aesthetics as well.

Steel weapons: Looks bulkier than Iron weapons, but still has a somewhat sleek look to it for what it is. I am personally a fan of the Awakenin's Steel weapon design, and I'm glad that Fates' Steel weapons look similar as well.

Silver weapons: For a high level weapon, it has a rather bland design to it. If there's a good Silver weapon to look at, then it's the Tellius series. Fates' Silver weapons are a step above Awakenin's, but not by much.

Glass weapons: Whenever someone says a diamond sword, phone, car, or any other object, I would imagine them like the Glass weapons of Awakenin'. Of course in life most of those items would just simply feature diamonds and gems to be encrust'd with'em rather than the entire object to be made of the said substance. That REALLY bothers me for some reason, and since it's not the case for Awakenin's Glass weapons, I'm really glad that they are fully made of glass! Not to mention the shapes and such look nice as well. Now if only female units could wear slippers... oh wait...

Anywho, more stuff to come as I feel like it. Also I might wanna bump my Fates topic in the future too.

Edited by SaviorSword

Sword: StickRagnell,Eirika'sblade

Lance: Log Gungnir

Axe: Titania's axe and hector's axe

Bow: Blessed bow and Parthia

Tome: Katarina's bolt, Goetia, Mjolnir

Staff: Ward

Edited by SdarkyNecro