chapter 26 lunatic CQ makes me want to quit

MrNight48

duuuuude.

I just

I don't even....

my only good units that even hope to tackle this is corrin and xander like, why are staffs so fucking overpowered. how do I even deal with this shit. why can't I reduce staff hits to 0. why I am forced to just eat shit and die. why is the only good mage killer is kaze? I fucking hate using him and don't like him but its like the game is like fuck you, you don't get a mage killer then.

fuck this I'm going back to xenoblade.

Elise, Forrest, and the maids/butlers are pretty good magekillers too, due to their high resistance and in the latters' case Tomebreaker.

In my opinion, the real hard part is the room of Berserkers, Generals, and Hans. You can't have Effie or Benny wall them since the Berserkers carry Hammers, and Xander can't because the Generals have Beast Killers, making it very difficult to survive their onslaught.

Man you had issues with this chapter and the wall chapter. I'm dying to know what your thoughts of the Final Chapter will be.

Also, I thought Niles made a fairly decent magekiller when he has the Dual Yumi equipped.

only issue with Niles is locked into 2 range so limited EP, except in special cases. oh, a special case in this chapter in the East room because of wall ;D he does have a bit of a fragility issue even so

but yea, there's also Dread Fighters though if you don't want to use those and/or haven't and it's kinda late, then not an option. Tomebreaker is awesome and easy to obtain for your starting Maid/Butler. there's plenty of good Mage Killers. if anything, Kaze's probably on the low end of dmg output because of his craptastic Str growth compared to some of the other potential Mage killers

Since it is the first two turns, you can gamble in the first room with the heroes a bit and rely on crits. If you have Freeze and 2-4 Staff-Users, you can ignore some of them as well.

The mage room should be doable, if you have one decent mage killer, as others stated. Or you try to rush the room and have some freeze staves as well.

For the room with Hans: Entrap Hans, kill/entrap/lunge one of the Generals to have a free path to Iago. Then open the door to Iagos room (may require Azura). Then use rescue two times so that a Boss killer and a unit to seize can reach their destination. Azura could even dance twice, but it is a bit more complicated.

I always save Rescue and Entrap for this chapter and the end game, because those are really tough.

only issue with Niles is locked into 2 range so limited EP, except in special cases. oh, a special case in this chapter in the East room because of wall ;D he does have a bit of a fragility issue even so

but yea, there's also Dread Fighters though if you don't want to use those and/or haven't and it's kinda late, then not an option. Tomebreaker is awesome and easy to obtain for your starting Maid/Butler. there's plenty of good Mage Killers. if anything, Kaze's probably on the low end of dmg output because of his craptastic Str growth compared to some of the other potential Mage killers

My biggest problem is I did make mage killers, I have a really well trained niles with like 30 res but he is a bit frail and I do not have a dual yumi. In fact I did not abuse hoshidian shops mostly because my budget is shrinking fast and I'm trying to keep cash available for seals/tonics. I also have a lv30 Dread fighter odin but I can't really be confident in him. Although it seems DF is meant to tank EP not for attacking. Jakob is the only one with tome breaker but he is a dedicated corrin backpack. although together they may be able to handle it. Not to worried about Xander, once I get him sol and aegis which is two levels, I can switch him to lodestar and he can just solo hans room. I plan to entrap hans but if they fail, xander and corrin are going to have to do it.

What really just depresses me about this chapter is the stupid hexing rod and the bullshit staffs. there is one in the beginning which forces me to throw out a unit to kill it. I know lago's order but it's still fucking stupid because the doors to the sages puts you in range and what makes this shitty is the maids will lock the door opener in lago's range and they can't do anything but eat the hexing rod and cry. What makes this so damn bullshit is there is absolutely nothing I can do to counter them. I couldn't get the silence because chapter 25 was full of bullshit on it's own. My niles just was not ready for it and the reason why leads me to what really ticks me off about lunatic CQ.

There is no mid game to train decent units into good units. 1-6 is just corrin spam, 7-14 is the early game when you are getting all the units. 15 is more corrin fap,16-17 is triangle abuse and then 18 is about it for mid game. Because after that 19-21 is nothing but gimmicks that are so annoying, you can't waste time training people because the gimmicks are such time wasters. 22 and 24 are the true endgame to test what units are good while 23,25, and 26 are just so fucking cheap and so damn time consuming that anyway to cheese that appears itself a player will just take it. On top of this, some units you wasted so much exp on turn out to be so bad you have to drop them. Leo is one of them because the end game screws him so hard with the weapon triangle and his craptastic speed.

IS should have at least made a skill called staff breaker. I want more options in dealing with this shit. I also hugely regret taking the witch mark instead of the sighting lens because beating the shit out of most of these units long ranged would have come in handy. That witch mark is just sitting in my convoy because I do not have a candidate for it. If only leo was a girl.

Watching this motivational video is the best when you want to give up on FE

thanks, really needed to see that because I actually feel like trying the chapter.

Edited by MrNight48

ARGH! OMFG I HAD IT!

bruuuuuuuuuuh

ok so like I decided to trust odin to not die and attempt the chapter. I did some scout runs and odin with a niles backpack can actually handle the sage rush with corrin. So here is what I did.

1) soften up the doors with jakob while char is ready to eat a hexing rod.

2) break down the door with corrin while xander rushes the maid on turn 2. everybody else is at the far back because corrin bait whatever heroes is left alive to the ambush

3) xander should have gotten entraped and eaten a sage attack to the face. there should be one mage left. if full dual guard points do nothing, if not, kill the maid and get full dual guard points. if this messes up for whatever reason, he should die and restart. if he somehow survives cool.

meanwhile corrin runs up to the group with heroes behind them ready to attack stance the shit out of them next turn.

4) dogpile the heroes and pray. It's either they all die/ they miss on EP/ or reset.

5) almost out of the woods here, the next part is getting ready for hans. wait out turn 4 and get ready to pounce on turn 5 or 6.

While xander is chilling, I reclassed him to paladin because he gets a lvl and sol with it. my plan is to attack the general room through the door and once he gets aegis switch him to lodestar as his final class on this chapter. Might not need to if he ends up killing all the beast killer threats through the door.

6) entrap hans and one round him with mozu/niles/filler if he is somehow still alive.

7) moved everybody to the sage room. wait out turn 8, res rallied corrin/odin and then send them to break down the door like swat.

8) they actually tank it extremely well but here is where everything went wrong. 4 sages spawned at the stairs.

>be me

>whut.jpeg

>this didn't happen before, what the fuck! panic ensues

>See xander and mozu, calmed down and used them.

>sweat a little, mozu can get crit by 3%

>have elise rally everyone needed

>send xander first and he kills 1, go xander!

>send mozu, she crits the another 1, that's my girl!

>have azura danced xander

>xander kills another one like a motherfucking beast

>send benny to chip, could also get crit by 3% but he doesn't and chips just fine, benny the wall!

>beruka brings it home and finishes the last one

>I celebrate

>only to see azura die through the wall from the sage group corrin/odin was dealing with

>die inside

I was fucking there man. I see the light in the tunnel so I'm not giving up but I need some time to heal.

dammit!

ARGH! OMFG I HAD IT!

bruuuuuuuuuuh

ok so like I decided to trust odin to not die and attempt the chapter. I did some scout runs and odin with a niles backpack can actually handle the sage rush with corrin. So here is what I did.

1) soften up the doors with jakob while char is ready to eat a hexing rod.

2) break down the door with corrin while xander rushes the maid on turn 2. everybody else is at the far back because corrin bait whatever heroes is left alive to the ambush

3) xander should have gotten entraped and eaten a sage attack to the face. there should be one mage left. if full dual guard points do nothing, if not, kill the maid and get full dual guard points. if this messes up for whatever reason, he should die and restart. if he somehow survives cool.

meanwhile corrin runs up to the group with heroes behind them ready to attack stance the shit out of them next turn.

4) dogpile the heroes and pray. It's either they all die/ they miss on EP/ or reset.

5) almost out of the woods here, the next part is getting ready for hans. wait out turn 4 and get ready to pounce on turn 5 or 6.

While xander is chilling, I reclassed him to paladin because he gets a lvl and sol with it. my plan is to attack the general room through the door and once he gets aegis switch him to lodestar as his final class on this chapter. Might not need to if he ends up killing all the beast killer threats through the door.

6) entrap hans and one round him with mozu/niles/filler if he is somehow still alive.

7) moved everybody to the sage room. wait out turn 8, res rallied corrin/odin and then send them to break down the door like swat.

8) they actually tank it extremely well but here is where everything went wrong. 4 sages spawned at the stairs.

>be me

>whut.jpeg

>this didn't happen before, what the fuck! panic ensues

>See xander and mozu, calmed down and used them.

>sweat a little, mozu can get crit by 3%

>have elise rally everyone needed

>send xander first and he kills 1, go xander!

>send mozu, she crits the another 1, that's my girl!

>have azura danced xander

>xander kills another one like a motherfucking beast

>send benny to chip, could also get crit by 3% but he doesn't and chips just fine, benny the wall!

>beruka brings it home and finishes the last one

>I celebrate

>only to see azura die through the wall from the sage group corrin/odin was dealing with

>die inside

I was fucking there man. I see the light in the tunnel so I'm not giving up but I need some time to heal.

dammit!

That's the spirit

If you have enough competent units it's possible to deal with the heroes on turn one while also having them in position to deal with the enemies near the Entrap Maid on turn two. If your units can't survive the rest of the heroes on enemy phase just use Freeze staves on the ones you can't take care of.

Edited by samthedigital

What really just depresses me about this chapter is the stupid hexing rod and the bullshit staffs. there is one in the beginning which forces me to throw out a unit to kill it. I know lago's order but it's still fucking stupid because the doors to the sages puts you in range and what makes this shitty is the maids will lock the door opener in lago's range and they can't do anything but eat the hexing rod and cry. What makes this so damn bullshit is there is absolutely nothing I can do to counter them. I couldn't get the silence because chapter 25 was full of bullshit on it's own. My niles just was not ready for it and the reason why leads me to what really ticks me off about lunatic CQ.

There is no mid game to train decent units into good units. 1-6 is just corrin spam, 7-14 is the early game when you are getting all the units. 15 is more corrin fap,16-17 is triangle abuse and then 18 is about it for mid game. Because after that 19-21 is nothing but gimmicks that are so annoying, you can't waste time training people because the gimmicks are such time wasters. 22 and 24 are the true endgame to test what units are good while 23,25, and 26 are just so fucking cheap and so damn time consuming that anyway to cheese that appears itself a player will just take it. On top of this, some units you wasted so much exp on turn out to be so bad you have to drop them. Leo is one of them because the end game screws him so hard with the weapon triangle and his craptastic speed.

Not sure how Iagos target is decided, but it seemed to me that he will rather target weaker units. So having him waste the hexing rod turn on Azura or another non-combat unit (rallyman / rallybot) is a good idea.

The mages room by itself isnt that hard if you have a good magekiller, but the reinforcements are troublesome esp. if you didnt expect that many of them to pop

Regarding Hans' room, entraping Hans procs the reinforcement. Most of them have 2-range weapons available, and they do aggro even if the doors are still closed which means you can pick them off before getting into the room, then the room actually ends up being pretty easy.

Regarding exp and training, i kept Shigure's paralogue until the end because its just that easy to get a shitton of xp from it. I played that chapter between Hinokas and Ryomas chapters and managed to get ~6 levels combined for Niles + Nina (both from lv13 to 16, generic enemies were lv14 and lv20).

Kanas and Dwyers paralogues seem pretty easy too even late in the game, although they probably dont let you spread exp as freely as Shigures paralogue does.

Regarding main story chapters, id say 13, 16, 17 (somewhat), 21 (although not much xp is gained due to level design, but the whole freeze everyone thing means you dont really care about ennemy phase and positioning) and 23 are your best bets to have some weaker units level up quickly.

e: with Azura + shelter, you can manage to set your wall 1 tile above the tiles were the door was. This way only 4 heroes will aggro on turn 1, while the other 4 will stay chilling on their starting tile.

Edited by giara

Not sure how Iagos target is decided, but it seemed to me that he will rather target weaker units. So having him waste the hexing rod turn on Azura or another non-combat unit (rallyman / rallybot) is a good idea.

The mages room by itself isnt that hard if you have a good magekiller, but the reinforcements are troublesome esp. if you didnt expect that many of them to pop

Regarding Hans' room, entraping Hans procs the reinforcement. Most of them have 2-range weapons available, and they do aggro even if the doors are still closed which means you can pick them off before getting into the room, then the room actually ends up being pretty easy.

Regarding exp and training, i kept Shigure's paralogue until the end because its just that easy to get a shitton of xp from it. I played that chapter between Hinokas and Ryomas chapters and managed to get ~6 levels combined for Niles + Nina (both from lv13 to 16, generic enemies were lv14 and lv20).

Kanas and Dwyers paralogues seem pretty easy too even late in the game, although they probably dont let you spread exp as freely as Shigures paralogue does.

Regarding main story chapters, id say 13, 16, 17 (somewhat), 21 (although not much xp is gained due to level design, but the whole freeze everyone thing means you dont really care about ennemy phase and positioning) and 23 are your best bets to have some weaker units level up quickly.

e: with Azura + shelter, you can manage to set your wall 1 tile above the tiles were the door was. This way only 4 heroes will aggro on turn 1, while the other 4 will stay chilling on their starting tile.

Kana's does, actually, especially if you can afford to wait out the shitton of reinforcements after you kill the Berserker duo that shows up on turn 9. Tip: Use the Dragon Veins. It makes life so much easier.