Favorite/Best Ninja  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ninja is your favorite?

There are a couple of ninja's in Fates as of right now and there are tons of ways of making an army of ninja's. However, out of the 4 base ninja's, which do you think is the best and is your favorite overall. I have got to cast my vote towards Saizo!

I'd say Saizo wins hands down because his growths are just so ridiculous especially in magic and 80% in skill alone with ninja class. Kaze is speedier yes, but he has a hardtime killing any non-mages and while Kagero is harder hitting, she herself dies at nothing as her hp and defense are pretty pitiful. While dodgetanking is pretty iffy in this game, Kaze at least tends to hold more of an edge against Kagero when it comes to speed and skill activation and join time.

Saizo's real downside would probably be his personal but really it's a non-issue considering Saizo can work around it pretty well. He's also the ninja with the best lategame.

Saizo > Kaze=Asugi> Kagero

EDIT: Having a reclass option of Samurai helps a ton since, Saizo can easily dip in for one level to gain Astra like Kaze, but due to his high Skill, he'd be activating that thing all day and doing some major damage. Poor Kageroh has diviner for some reason when she herself has 0% base mag growth.

Edited by Raguna

EDIT: Having a reclass option of Samurai helps a ton since, Saizo can easily dip in for one level to gain Astra like Kaze, but due to his high Skill, he'd be activating that thing all day and doing some major damage. Poor Kageroh has diviner for some reason when she herself has 0% base mag growth.

astra will fill out his shield guage instantly

and rend heaven is great for Kagero

While I like Kagero alot, I think Kaze is the best Ninja simply from his availability, not to mention his insane speed.

I think its more along the lines of Kaze> Kagero=Saizo

But all 3 are really good even in Lunatic, which I've done a fair share of times.

Asugi is hilarious with a Magic mom like Orochi where he can just Flame Shuriken everything (which I also did in Lunatic).

Edited by Jedi

They all serve their own purpose, if grinding is not taken into account.

Kaze is good for mages and softening up stronger enemies for other units to pick off. Saizou is pretty well-rounded and is unique in that he has good magic growths, making him an interesting hybrid unit. Kagero is a glass cannon, able to take out units her male counterparts aren't able to. Asugi is dependent on his mother, but works in a similar manner as his father.

I honestly can't choose just one.

EDIT: Oh but, my favorite is Saizou in terms of design and personality.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Saizo has the best stats, but as a character he's kinda annoying. ( I still voted for him though :[ )

If I was voting based on character I probably would have picked Asugi, mostly because his supports can be pretty funny

Kaze, only because you get him so early (Ch. 4); with the right investment you can get him to learn poison strike before Ch. 7 even begins, and begins to steamroll from then. His mediocre strength bases, growths (not that bad honestly) and max stats can be easily patched in Birthright especially given the right pair-ups, tonics and such.

I admit that I usually opt for the Senran Kagura Kunoichi (Kagerou) in Revelation, but that usually due to having her paired up with her husband of that playthrough. I also like her great strength stat as it helps her kill things. Otherwise I typically have Elise equipped with the Flame Shuriken as my main hidden weapon user. As for Conquest, I usually opt for Niles or Nina to work as my Locktouch users due to their better movement and stronger weapon (they can also heal as adventurers or have crazy high mobility as bow knights).

Gameplay-wise, my vote is for the capturable Master Ninja in Conquest Lunatic Chapter 17 with Movement +1 and the Poison Strike/Grisly Wound combo, but that's not on the list.

Story-wise? Kaze is my favorite but Saizo's supports with Sakura were really sweet so I don't hate Saizo. Haven't really used Kagero or seen many of Asugi's supports yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Saizo is my favorite out of them (and also my second fav Fates character). I enjoy his design, supports, characterization + personality the most. I haven't used Asugi and Kagero, but I find Saizo much better than Kaze as a unit. He was probably the 3rd best unit in Birthright after Ryoma and Corrin, though it's a shame he's rather unusable in Revelation. And I personally don't like Kaze's English voice.

Saizo for me. He has very little accuracy problems, lands crits quite a bit, and with all that skill he gets he's gonna be activating combat skills left and right. This is just a personal thing too, but every time I've played Birthright or Revelation he's always been one of those characters to get constant almost perfect levels. Too bad you can't use him in Conquest...

• 2 months later...

Kaze by far, imo.

He's the perfect mage killer and res tank; so, so good at what he does. "Throw Kaze at them" is usually going to be a catch-all answer to any mob of magic users threatening your army. Low strength doesn't even hurt him that much. His primary targets are low def tome users, and effective damage from hunter's knives on the nhorian side and sting shuriukens on the hoshidan side + poison strike and debuffs goes a ways towards supplementing his damage output against heavies.

oh yeah...and he doubles everything...

paired up Swordmasters on lunatic conquest get doubled by kaze

Kagero and Siazo dont res tank. Struggle to double against faster targets. And generally fail to fill any special niche that would give them utility comparable to kaze.

Edited by Shoblongoo

I haven't really thought about it, but I'd say either Saizo or Kagero. Kaze has amazing speed going for him, but that's about it - whilst he can laugh at mages, the impact of that is lessened by the fact that Felicia and Jakob also eat mages for breakfast, as well as getting Tomebreaker to practically neuter any threat they'd pose.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

...Ehhh...

I have it as Kaze >>> Kagero > Saizo

Kaze on top, for the above stated reasons.

Kagero in the middle, because the raw damage output from her high strength + serviceable speed is at least better then anything Saizo is bringing to the table. (She's squishy. But an offensive unit can afford to be squishy when their primary weapon hits at 1-2 range.)

Then Saizo on bottom. Because as a general rule, characters with high skill + middling strength, speed, and defense are bad. Its a bad spread.

...you can't tank
...you can't double
...your damage is low

...but you hit everything without missing...yay...

There are a handful of characters that make it work.

It works on Beruka because as a Berserker, all she needs to do is hit with the Killer Axe while taking the -10 accuracy penalty from gamble. And if she connects, she's probably going to OHKO with a crit.

It works on Takumi because the Fujin Yumi is stupid. (and when I say "it works on Takumi" I mean "Takumi works in spite of it")

It ruins Tsubaki.

And it doesn't really do anything for Saizo.

Edited by Shoblongoo

...Ehhh...

I have it as Kaze >>> Kagero > Saizo

Kaze on top, for the above stated reasons.

Kagero in the middle, because the raw damage output from her high strength + serviceable speed is at least better then anything Saizo is bringing to the table. (She's squishy. But an offensive unit can afford to be squishy when their primary weapon hits at 1-2 range.)

Then Saizo on bottom. Because as a general rule, characters with high skill + middling strength, speed, and defense are bad. Its a bad spread.

...you can't tank

...you can't double

...your damage is low

...but you hit everything without missing...yay...

There are a handful of characters that make it work.

It works on Beruka because as a Berserker, all she needs to do is hit with the Killer Axe while taking the -10 accuracy penalty from gamble. And if she connects, she's probably going to OHKO with a crit.

It works on Takumi because the Fujin Yumi is stupid. (and when I say "it works on Takumi" I mean "Takumi works in spite of it")

It ruins Tsubaki.

And it doesn't really do anything for Saizo.

Personally, I ain't convinced because one of those reasons you stated (res tanking) is a role he's easily obsoleted at thanks to your servants. I'd probably find Saizo's bulk more handy than Kaze's res tanking (speaking of, Saizo actually has a good enough luck growth that he doesn't have to worry as much about facing crit chances from everything under the sun).

The only thing that can be said for Saizo's "bulk" is that he's not so frail you have to worry about him getting one-rounded every time you make a careless play.

He's not a tank. He's not as squishy as the other ninja's, but he's still a unit you need to keep in the back while you put a Hinata or a Benny up front.

The extra defense is there, but he's not getting the kind of utility out of it where it helps him more than the lack of Kaze's speed or Kagero's strength hurts him.

Yes...other units besides Kaze can eat mages...

Kaze still does a perfectly good job of it. I'd rather have a unit who performs a useful role also performed by other characters then a unit who doesn't really distinguish himself in any specific role.

Saizo's just one of those jack-of-all-trades; master-of-none units. I like having units that specialize in doing something and doing it really well.

Edited by Shoblongoo

I've never had any problems with availability for any of the ninjas (barring maybe Asugi), but I'm voting for Kagero because of her frankly irresponsible strength and speed growths. She doesn't really have the HP to make good use of her personal skill, though, which is a little unfortunate in my opinion.

The only thing that can be said for Saizo's "bulk" is that he's not so frail you have to worry about him getting one-rounded every time you make a careless play.

He's not a tank. He's not as squishy as the other ninja's, but he's still a unit you need to keep in the back while you put a Hinata or a Benny up front.

The extra defense is there, but he's not getting the kind of utility out of it where it helps him more than the lack of Kaze's speed or Kagero's strength hurts him.

Yes...other units besides Kaze can eat mages...

Kaze still does a perfectly good job of it. I'd rather have a unit who performs a useful role also performed by other characters then a unit who doesn't really distinguish himself in any specific role.

Saizo's just one of those jack-of-all-trades; master-of-none units. I like having units that specialize in doing something and doing it really well.

He's no tank, granted, but it's still something, what with evade being unreliable.

And going back to your earlier post when you mentioned other units, I'm not really impressed by Beruka as a Berserker (then again, this is because I don't see Berserker as that good a class to begin with thanks to the fact that they incur a crit evade penalty, and facing crit chances from everything under the sun being "UNACCEPTABLE!!!" - I shouldn't have to gamble every time someone sees combat, and what's more, killer weapons in general are too unreliable). Tsubaki, I find somewhat useful in Revelations because he has no other fliers to compete with for a while.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Saizo has retardedly good bases and growths and he can dip into Swordmaster to pick up Astra and Vantage if you want. Like lategame, there's virtually no difference between Ryoma and Saizo's performances, they both skullfuck the competition without breaking a sweat, Saizo just has a bit more concrete bulk in exchange for less avoid and an earlier jointime.

Kagero is the best of the three in Revelation though. Saizo's ok there but kind of average and Kaze sucks massive dick there.

What's this about Kaze sucking in revelations??? He joins with a weapon class above E-rank and immediately usable base stats; that alone makes him one of your more viable units (assuming your going for a no-grind run. With grinding, there is no such thing as an unviable unit in revelations). Revelations is very kind to him, as he's one of those units that really appreciates having access to both armories to max out his utility. With nhor's hunting knife he can reliably double every mounted unit (up to and including the fastest falco Knights) in the game at 1-2 range with effective damage. With hoshido's dual shuriuken he can reliably dodge-tank against axe users. The value of his speed is really being undersold here, because everyone is just talking about dodge-tanking and ignoring doubling. Its not just about how reliably you dodge. It's about how often you're at that magic number where you attack twice in one round against a slower opponent (Saizo misses out on some important doubling benchmarks that kaze consistently hits). Kaze's proc rate is deceptively high compared to saizo's because when you're attack twice in one round you are getting two rolls of the RNG to fish for a proc instead of one (not that u should ever be fishing for procs as a strategy, but it seems to be a thing people are taking into consideration in their evaluations). Kaze will proc more than Saizo, despite the skill gap, simply because he's getting more doubles and thus more opportunities over the course of a map to activate a proc. The value of Saizo's skill is likewise being oversold (super high skill really isn't that useful, unless you're an axe user. You just don't want to have super low skill). Finally, I would like to share my observation that Kaze with a dual shuriuken is a very solid answer to malig Knights, who very few units can handle on both the magical and physical end (this is a niche shared with dual naginata hinoka. Although she has to switch to spear master to pull it off as well as kaze, because as a flier she can not abuse evade bonuses from terrain). They don't have the skill to hit him with their axes, and even with reverse weapon triangle disadvantage, kaze is not threatened by their tomes. This is something saizo and Kagero cannot do.

Edited by Shoblongoo