Magic

1st Turn

(Astohl appears)

Astohl:
“…General Roy of the Lycia Alliance Army, I presume.”

Roy:
“! Who are you? An enemy!?”

Astohl:
“Nope, I’m on your side. Greetings, my name is Astohl. I used to work here in the service of Lord Hector.”

Merlinus:
“Excuse me, but what kind of work were you doing? You certainly don’t look like one of Ostia’s servants…”

Astohl:
“My, my, aren’t we a little rude, old man? Well, I can’t blame you for thinking that way. See, I’m a spy. I go on secret missions to gather information, steal things, check on people…that kind of thing.”

Merlinus:
“Hm, I see.”

Astohl:
“If people can tell that I’m working for a noble just by looking at me, then I’m not much of a spy, am I? Anyway, for about a month now I’ve been running around Lycia to gather the latest news. When I heard about Lord Hector’s death in Araphen, I rushed back here as quickly as I could. Then what do you know, those idiots Leygance and Devias have started a rebellion! I didn’t make it in time to save Lord Hector, but I don’t want to be too late for Lady Lilina.”

Roy:
“We feel the same way. Let’s work together to get through this mess. Do you know where Lilina is?”

Astohl:
“Of course, looking into stuff like that is my job. Lady Lilina is locked in a small room near the center of the castle. And that bastard Leygance is sitting on the throne like he owns the place.”

Roy:
“All right, let’s get going. We need to defeat the rebels and rescue Lilina before Narshen arrives from Bern!”

(Astohl joins)

(Later in the 1st turn, scene switches to Lilina, in the room in the center)

Lilina:
“What’s all this noise? Is there a battle going on? I wonder what’s happening outside…”

(Lilina is on your side from the start, so you don’t need to recruit her)

Edited by Sirius

How the heck did I skip all that?!

You pressed B or START button. Or you're using a newer translation patch that skips that conversation as a glitch. I don't know.

...What happened to my post?

I know I answered...

It was masked into the void by a fierce deity.
Edited by Sirius