Stuck on conquest lunatic endgame

GrySun

Need some help/advise with this. This chapter is actually impossible without losing anyone. The best I managed to do here was kill most enemies by turn 5. But around this time come the faceless reinforcements as well as 4 insanely powerful dual guard paladins. These paladins can kill any of my units in one turn of combat. It also doesn't help that most of my units are still trying to recover from -8 on all stats.

I tried many times but there is no going past those paladins, they are too strong. I tried ignoring them and just trying to fight Takumi with Corrin, but that doesn't work. Corrin is either too weak due to the debuffs and hexing rod, or Takumi activates vengeance when he's almost dead(which has a high % too) and one-shots Corrin.

What should I do at this point? I heard about some rescue cheese but I only have 1 use of 1 rescue staff left which I doubt is enough. Do I just let people die? Is all I lose only their ending if I let a character die in the final chapter? Is there something else that can be done here? I doubt even buying skills or grinding dlc does anything at this point since all my units are mostly capped with their stats.

You can still pull off the 1-Turn with one use of Rescue, but Corrin needs a lot of movement to reach Takumi. If a Wyvernlord like Gunter or Camilla has the boots and are getting another point of movement from Corrin (Great Knight), they may make it. What you basically do is go as close as you can get on turn 1 without getting in reach of the enemies. On turn 2, entrap one of the Generals to clear a path and rescue a mounted unit that is paired up with Azura. Corrin/his rider should get to Takumi with the help of Azura. You could even use Lunge on the other General to get even closer.

Or you get your units near Takumi just a little bit without getting Corrin debuffed. The possibility of reaching Takumi in one turn is even easier then. And if you truly want to beat this chapte without rescue cheese, you may cheese with other staves like Freeze.

Good idea. I got boots on Corrin.. but it doesn't have to be a 1-turn cheese. As long as I can skip the paladins it should work.

Any tips on actually defeating Takumi? Any way to deal with his random vengeance proc, or do I have to keep trying until the rng works in my favor?

Edited by GrySun

Unless you have a frail Corrin, he shouldn't onehit you. If you deal 34 damage with the first strike, Vengeance only gives 17 points of extra attack.

The trickier part is actually ORKOing him, since he has Dragonskin. You need like 70 Atk to ORKO him without Dragon Fang, which can be tough to get. My Corrins aren't that strong and I have to rely on a Dragon Fang.

Need some help/advise with this. This chapter is actually impossible without losing anyone. The best I managed to do here was kill most enemies by turn 5. But around this time come the faceless reinforcements as well as 4 insanely powerful dual guard paladins. These paladins can kill any of my units in one turn of combat. It also doesn't help that most of my units are still trying to recover from -8 on all stats.

I tried many times but there is no going past those paladins, they are too strong. I tried ignoring them and just trying to fight Takumi with Corrin, but that doesn't work. Corrin is either too weak due to the debuffs and hexing rod, or Takumi activates vengeance when he's almost dead(which has a high % too) and one-shots Corrin.

What should I do at this point? I heard about some rescue cheese but I only have 1 use of 1 rescue staff left which I doubt is enough. Do I just let people die? Is all I lose only their ending if I let a character die in the final chapter? Is there something else that can be done here? I doubt even buying skills or grinding dlc does anything at this point since all my units are mostly capped with their stats.

I'll assume you weren't a sissy and got the Silence staff in chapter 25 and still have one use of it. Use it on the Maid with freeze right at the beginning and early on have Attack Stance ready on any unit that's not directly in the axe range of the Onis. If you have one, a Draw staff can be of a lot of use either early on to kill quickly one of the Onis with a spell to reduce the ammount of enemies. One thing I did was put a Hero Sophie on the range of the Hero coming from the left and Niles on the range of the Onmyoji to the right. This will cause one Maid to target the one in the range of the Hero, one to target the one in the range of the Onmyoji, and only the 3rd one on someone in the range of the Onis, in my case Xander usually. Having Flora dedicated to spam Weakness, Draw, Freeze, Physic, Fortify is very useful, specially of you recruited Flora at around chapter 25. Having ether Camilla or Beruka Rallying Defense helps a lot the frontliners. Prioritize on killing the maids. Hug one side, of the map, either left or right, and pull down from there. I lured the Paladin with Beast Lance that overlaps with the Revenant Knight with Corrin on Dragonstone+ and I had Xander try to deal with the Ninjas (Keyword is "try", he just pulled them out of their comfort zone).

I lost Camilla and Silas, but I revived Camilla with Bifrost, as I fed Felicia an Arms Scroll when she got to level A in staves. I let Silas "die" because due to plot he just retreats so he's not "dead". I was right in front of Takumi when he kicked the bucket and I just wanted out.

If you're not beyond buying skills online now is the time. Shurikenbreaker and Tomebreaker work wonders on Xander. I had quite a handful amount of Rating, mind you, and I wasn't going to hold on to it for Lunatic.

Ah finally made it without losses. My Corrin was too weak to kill Takumi by himself and just never procced dragon fang so I had to fight myself through all the enemies in this map. Actually much more fun finding a way of legit winning this one and clearing all enemies.

It took about 7-8 turn. The silence staff from the previous chapters proved very useful to have fewer debuffs until I killed the maids. Using entrap on a few key enemies made things easier at the start. The 4 dual guard paladins got taken out in 1 turn, Kaze with a beast killer knife is way too good against them. Had to defeat the first 3 rounds of faceless(14 faceless total), their self destruct never came into play since I didn't leave them alive for more than their first turn.

It's all about being fast and clearing a lot of the map until the paladins come at turn 4, then killing them quickly, dispatching all the following faceless and moving in to kill the 3 final staffers and Takumi. He was easy to defeat with Azura singing and other units helping along.

Initial staff frustration aside, it's a really great final map if only you could save before it to actually motivate players to find a non cheese-skip strategy.