Vestaria Saga Part 1 Out Now + Discussion Topic

VincentASM

In my case I had the Lord escape first (entirely by accident)

Lol, same. Wasn't even paying attention since pressing "X" makes the game go turbo (kind of annoying some times but meh).

The Escape mission in the first map right? I had all my units escape before the lord and the healer still poofed (her inventory was sent to convoy), so I guess her leaving is scripted.

Seems kinda jerkish to give you a healer with relatively low stats just to take her away the next chapter though. She was cute too... pity.

Yeah pretty cute, I'm willing to see some fan works. Although in pixiv with the tag "ヴェスタリアサーガ" there's barely two pics so I guess it's best than nothing.

Edited by Tenryuu

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd sign in for the first time in a while to check this out. I've been using Google Translate to get the names of the early units (The mistranslated names tend to be really funny.). Troy seems to be my favorite unit so far.

Edited by Garnef

On the first map there seem to be 3 guys with faces (maybe 4) are any of these dudes recruitable? My instincts tell me yes, but I had the lord next to one of them, and there wasn't a talk option, whoops.

On the first map there seem to be 3 guys with faces (maybe 4) are any of these dudes recruitable? My instincts tell me yes, but I had the lord next to one of them, and there wasn't a talk option, whoops.

No, they're just minor bosses who have dialogue. You don't recruit anyone in the prologue.

Like in Fire Emblem, if an enemy's name isn't written in katakana, they're most likely not recruitable.

Does anyone have any way of navigating the downloading screen? I can't seem to download it? :/

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. It's saying something like too many people have downloaded it or something.

No, they're just minor bosses who have dialogue. You don't recruit anyone in the prologue.

Like in Fire Emblem, if an enemy's name isn't written in katakana, they're most likely not recruitable.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure.

Atol leaves the party after the Prologue since Zeid doesn't want her endangering herself on the battlefield. You get another healer (Alicia) in the next chapter. Then in Chapter 3, the two healers switch places since Alicia needs to care for Haldia.

I'm guessing most characters shouldn't be too hard to recruit. If it's not obvious (and they look like a bandit or reject), you probably can't recruit them. Haldia (the swordfighter in Chapter 1) looks like he can be recruited, but you just need to be beat him up.

I've been waiting for this game for a long while now and I'm pretty happy about how it is ! The only real issue I face is that I don't speak japanese so any new event in the menu will mess with my muscle memory ( I almost lost a unit because I accidentally activated a conversation between the healer and Zeid instead of healing said unit)

Kind of bothered by the quick transition from player phase music to ennemy phase music, but that aside I like the music direction

I can't see any download links on the first mirror and the second mirror is too crowded. :(:

Too crowded as in too many people downloading it? Or is the page too cluttered? The download link should be along the very bottom, after the second banner.

Hmm, I think the first mirror died. It just sends me to the front page now.

Evidently, Kaga didn't expect so many people to download the game XD

So Vincent, considering how many have been downloading this, maybe Vestaria has finally earned a page on the main site? I'm more than willing to help gather information for it

Gotta say, I'm honestly impressed by this game so far. Hopefully it'll continue down the path it has so far, since it's playing very damn good.

Dang, the difficulty does ramp up by the 4th map (Chapter 3).

Currently trying to figure out how to advance into the northern part of the map. Got two Berserkers throwing 1~3 range axes and a bunch of annoying dodge-tank Thieves and bulky axe wielders.

First things first, don't enter the area with the NPCs or they'll turn into enemies. These guys are from the Yapa tribe and they don't like their territory being invaded.

After a while, Caesar appears from the village near the south-west. He does massive damage with his Ice Blade tome, but he can't quite OHKO the incoming bandits. I couldn't find a way to save him and the village, so I just let the village get blown up. Oh well.

I think you need to have him talk to Zeid for him to be a permanent recruit.

Caesar is basically Merric, in that he's Zeid's childhood friend who left to study magic (probably to help Zeid). He was presumed dead after the attack on Frist Port (when the Empire invaded or was it when the "Meledan soldiers" attacked the Empire's ship?), but he was rescued by a girl.

After that, the very similarly named Cezar appears to the far west. I think he manages to escape prison, but he made a promise to Sheila to get help. Their dialogue was pretty funny, since Sheila threatened to make a racket if Cezar didn't promise to help her escape.

Once you liberate Thabes (the city to the west), you get Sheila. If you take her to the tent in Yapa Village, you'll recruit Zayed and clear away the Yapa NPCs. Sheila has no weapon at the start, but you can make Sheila and Zayed talk to get a Lavian Rose.

Having emptied Yapa Village, if you search the cave, you can find an ancient statue. There's a decision thing where you can choose to take the statue or not. I took it and gave it to the guy in the nearby village who was looking for it.

The guy turns out to be a swindler and plans to sell the statue for even more cash. You can fight him to get back the statue, but he's fairly strong. I just ganged up on him. Not sure what to do with the statue, although the Yapa Chief appears on the map so presumably you can do something with him or return the statue to the cave...

At the same time, Valerius will leave the map after liberating Thabes.

Haldia challenges Valerius because his sister Lavinia is being controlled by him. He loses and Valerius runs off with Alicia. It's implied that Alicia is the Sun Priestess from Rivelle.

I'm sure one will get made eventually ^^

Some more notes in case it helps anyone. Still on Chapter 3.

Okay, so handing the ancient statue to the Yapa Chief grants you the Flame Axe. It's a magic 1-range axe, which is pretty decent.

The Berserkers on the peaks can be easily taken out with Zayed. He can double and ORKO them with his Hatchet. Heh, guess every puzzle has its solution.

The boss Tyron looks like a sitting duck with his 1 range, but after KOing him, he returns with a 1~2 range Morning Star. So long as you keep that in mind, he's still easy prey.

To the west are a trio of Guardians with crazy HP, Defence and the ability to drain HP. However they have no Magic Defence, don't move and have 1 range. So you can slay them easily with Caesar, while netting him tons of EXP. Just make sure to buy a tome or two for him.

Afterwards, Caesar and Haldia join your party permanently. You also get a 2nd Shuri Magestone. Can't remember where the first one came from. It was already mentioned earlier, but you can use these to repair weapons. Haven't tried using one yet, but Lord Asral is almost down to zero uses.

The next map Chapter 4 takes place deeper in the ruins and sees Zeid and company exterminate the Garakia bandit remnants. Earlier, Haldia explained his backstory to Zeid, about how he traveled to Vestaria from the mainland to chase after his sister Lavinia, who was taken by Valerius.

Kind of forgot the details, but it seems Valerius and Aias, the empire's chief general don't get along and Valerius has machinations of his own. I believe he's the one stirring up trouble in Vestaria, which led to the breakdown of the alliance, causing Meleda's allies to pull out or outright betray it.

There was also some discussion about the Udagal people, but I was in a hurry and didn't catch the details.

EDIT: Oh, it's a bit more straightforward than that. Will explain later.

Edited by VincentASM

Just cleared the third map, and I'm loving this so far. Wish I could understand what was going on, but thems the breaks I guess. Zeid is proving to be what I want out of a Lord unit wise to boot. Sword based and middle of the road unit wise. Can't wait to see where this leads

Just finished the 5th chapter here. Took me a solid 3 hours to actually make it through. This map felt like one huge puzzle through and through. I'll try to write a small guide on how I got through the chapter.

[The chapter has enemies and 2 NPCS spawn on turn 30. It did make things more difficult, though I'm not sure if finishing the chapter before or after the limit gives different rewards.]

I first got the girl from the village and fended off the inbound enemies from the newly unlocked door to the south. Shortly after fighting them off, you gain control of the Pegasus Knights.

Delivering the girl to the house next to the boat allows you to take a unit (I took Zeid) across the river past the Lv. 17 Armored Knight. This should also trigger a cutscene where you get the healer Nina across the map with the Pegasus Knights.

Once across, you grab the door key from the house, and hit the switch that's in the room with the sorcerer and the archer. Once you hit the switch, the top doorways will disappear allowing the rest of your units to advance.

[i hit turn 30 during this time which spawns many enemy units near the seize point, has units starting to attack the prisoners, and puts 2 more prisoners in the dungeon. The Level 17 armor knight that waa guarding the bridge will move out as well. I talked to one of the prisoners before seizing the map, and none of the prisoners had died. I'm not sure if this changes the outcome of the map, as I didn't get any items at the end.]

This is the part that took me the longest, so it may be a bit non optimal. I baited the 2 range axe fighter with Troy, and collapsed on him with Caesar and Troy to take him out. After, I brought Nina into range of the Swordmaster, and she missed all of her swings, turned into an NPC and fled the map. (I tried for a solid hour to try to beat her, but no one could survive the 4x 23 ATT swings under any conditions)

I had the purple Griffon Rider use her, and her blue haired sisters 1-2 range javelin to finish off the boss. I did this before figuring out you could pacify the Swordmaster, so you could probably do this much easier with your whole army at the boss. Zeid has seized, and the map was complete.

Definitely loving the game after this chapter. I can't remember the last time a Fire Emblem map made me think so much about how to approach things. All these objectives on the map are very fun to work with.

Edited by Hero of Altea