Vestaria Saga Part 1 Out Now + Discussion Topic

VincentASM

who's siegfried, btw? i was really upset that i couldn't get the chest qq. anyway, man chapter 14 really gave me a run for my money;i feel like i got punished for not training enough units. it was deceitfully easy, until turn 15 and then all the fun comes in. sleep staff priests & dragons ruining my day ;-;. it was a fun defense chapter, though!

also meredy becomes my first maxed out unit! even though promoted units have 60% exp gain, it still feels really fast to level up for me...

384495802d.jpg

and man.. i saw chapter 15 and i was like ya not today @_@

c11589376c.png

the music is p epic though, haha

Chapter 14 is giving me a run for my money as well e.e; Siegfried is the high priest unit that was with Hilda in the desert. I last wiped on the dragon and sleep priest coming in, so let's hope for a better round 2. I'm glad I waited for a new day to tackle these two chapters, things are getting intense. I used my promotion item on Troy, but the next one is definitely going to Melody, looks like she turned out to be an awesome unit in your run ! Edited by Hero of Altea

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 14 is giving me a run for my money as well e.e; Siegfried is the high priest unit that was with Hilda in the desert. I last wiped on the dragon and sleep priest coming in, so let's hope for a better round 2. I'm glad I waited for a new day to tackle these two chapters, things are getting intense. I used my promotion item on Troy, but the next one is definitely going to Melody, looks like she turned out to be an awesome unit in your run !

haha, yeah statuses are death :-//. and hmmm i'm wondering how he's supposed to get the chest then. and ((definitely not favoritism)) but she's amazing--magic swords w/ effectiveness and enemies w/ no resistance!

anyway, i took a huge break from 15 b/c it got frustrating-ish

chapter 15:

i had a lot of trouble with the top area. it looked scary at first, but the enemies move in groups of 4~8. the hardest group was definitely when the archers came in and the silence and sleep priestesses ((urg ESP sleep)). anyway, the middle area was pretty easy with the long bow sniper and the bottom was a quick rush to the boss. air (blue peg) came in super handy--she cleared essentially the whole bottom map, bought me the infantry promo item and then rushed the boss to save atol. i probably should have used the green peg as well :p

anyway, i'm super broke and have started selling the repair stones and some other unused promo items ;-;

also, a dragon comes out from the cave at turn 15

haha, that link's actually a blue haired girl!

chapter 16 looks p interesting. i think it's a defense chapter but it forces you to field all the units ((yikes))

Edited by mungbean

Does this work on Macs? I tried to download it and couldn't figure out how to make it do anything.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a way to make it work outside of boot camping windows. My knowledge on Macs is bit.. iffy though.

haha, yeah statuses are death :-//. and hmmm i'm wondering how he's supposed to get the chest then. and ((definitely not favoritism)) but she's amazing--magic swords w/ effectiveness and enemies w/ no resistance!

anyway, i took a huge break from 15 b/c it got frustrating-ish

chapter 15:

i had a lot of trouble with the top area. it looked scary at first, but the enemies move in groups of 4~8. the hardest group was definitely when the archers came in and the silence and sleep priestesses ((urg ESP sleep)). anyway, the middle area was pretty easy with the long bow sniper and the bottom was a quick rush to the boss. air (blue peg) came in super handy--she cleared essentially the whole bottom map, bought me the infantry promo item and then rushed the boss to save atol. i probably should have used the green peg as well :p

anyway, i'm super broke and have started selling the repair stones and some other unused promo items ;-;

also, a dragon comes out from the cave at turn 15

haha, that link's actually a blue haired girl!

chapter 16 looks p interesting. i think it's a defense chapter but it forces you to field all the units ((yikes))

Maybe if he only went in that direction right when you got control of him, he'd be able to make it?

I've been wanting to promote her for so long, she's just been at level 20 forever x_x.

I finally beat chapter 14 after well over 10 resets on turn 14. Everyone is always perfect except for an inescapable minute critical chance that always happened >_>.

Just looking at this base prep screen is absolutely terrifying. Trying to think about the method of approach now. I don't think I'll be able to take this for a bit, the last chapter was exhausting enough as it is after all those crits T~T. I'm feeling the money crisis here as well. May 16 go well in your favor

Unfortunately I haven't seen a way to make it work outside of boot camping windows. My knowledge on Macs is bit.. iffy though.

Maybe if he only went in that direction right when you got control of him, he'd be able to make it?

I've been wanting to promote her for so long, she's just been at level 20 forever x_x.

I finally beat chapter 14 after well over 10 resets on turn 14. Everyone is always perfect except for an inescapable minute critical chance that always happened >_>.

Just looking at this base prep screen is absolutely terrifying. Trying to think about the method of approach now. I don't think I'll be able to take this for a bit, the last chapter was exhausting enough as it is after all those crits T~T. I'm feeling the money crisis here as well. May 16 go well in your favor

something going wrong before each 5 turn interval always seems to be the case :p. anyway, zeid gets his promotion item (a bouquet of roses) at the end of 15. he gets a pony!

7b33237537.jpg

chapter 16 turns out to not be really a "map" but more of a preparation chapter. the team gets divided into zeid's army and shirutin (the long haired bow knight). what's important is that during an earlier chapter you chose whether troy or dune (or no one) assists them--this same character will be forced to go with shirutin. anyway, talk to each house and really easy units come out and it becomes essentially a free gold mine of exp. tons of stores are available, including one with all the promotion items.

that's basically what happened, i'll update on the next map when i'm finished!

edit: just went and did the "real" 16

chapter 16:

it was basically use all of your horse people and clear things before atol gets there. atol is an ally this map and she has to visit 4 villages. i ignored the castle area in the beginning i felt like it was just a waste of time to clear that part. anyway, there are pretty hard mini-bosses around the map. the hardest section being the horse riders on the bottom portion. one of them has a sleep staff (wow what's new??!!) and another horse has a bow that sets your hp to one all with a meteor priest. anyway, meredy gets captured in the middle of the chapter :'(( and zeid has to go to the tower to rescue her. be careful when you approach the castle, there are a lot of thieves waiting to assassinate you. last bit are that two pirates spawn near the right side and can kill atoh really easily

and now looking at chapter 17 we switch to shirutin's party..and man oh man i regret not using ANY of these units (except dune) god i wish i put troy here instead @_@... qq sigh. make sure to stock up on items for shirutin's party!!! the little boy thief leaves and you DO NOT have access to a convoy

Edited by mungbean

Hello.

Does anyone have a tips for the boss of chapter 9 ? I just can't beat him at all he's really annoying...

place zeid adjacent to the attacking character. other than that try to use someone w/ the best chance of killing him in one hit and pray :-// lol i'm not sure if there's a proper way to do it .

i ended up promoting haldia (the swordsman) to do it

The difficulty is really insane, now i beated the boss i get some troops at north all with poney, i beated them then after from south come new renforceiments and an asassin come out from nowhere and one sot Zeid... *sigh* lost like 2 hours again in this chapter...

The difficulty is really insane, now i beated the boss i get some troops at north all with poney, i beated them then after from south come new renforceiments and an asassin come out from nowhere and one sot Zeid... *sigh* lost like 2 hours again in this chapter...

aww, it's okay. keep trying! and yeah, some chapters are insanely difficult. chapter 17 gave me the biggest headache so far @_@. agh i should've trained shirutin and co more, but i didn't know :'(

Would definitely like a skill guide. Hopefully the Japanese wiki gets something up with pictures soonish, though it doesn't look like they've managed it yet.

Seems relatively easy to understand the UI otherwise if you've played any untranslated FE.

If you want to settle for a totally-unauthenticated, crap attempt at translation...

Prologue - Player, NPC, Enemy Unit Stat and Profile

uXYiGMg.png

SXahd8T.png

cybVGfL.png

ftqzImS.png

Lw8Im21.png

R5Anknk.png

tsp6obw.png

p0YPnud.png

VZhBZ3B.png

wrPdUvQ.png

V3ckNA8.png

hupSge3.png

lqKJBjB.png

oBbeKyQ.png

KKWqjlL.png

Bm1adgN.png

y3nFVvC.png

lTL9Fxa.png

1qT7GnK.png

Obtainable Items

ql51aKc.png

Being very loose here, pretty incomplete at this point, using FE-like terminology when I feel like the mechanics are similar, etc.

(very little consistency whatsoever)

Please feel free to point out any issues... just an attempt by someone who studied Japanese for like a year or two a long time ago but can somewhat make sense of the Kanji, etc...

A Few Notes

- Prf is Proficiency, similar to how Weapon Levels worked in really old FEs. There seems to be just one Prf stat though even if the unit wields multiple weapon types

- Supports are apparently one-way in this game (ex. Zeid supports Atol, but not the other way around)

- Support bonuses are determined by support types (ex. Guardian grants 15 Avoid, 6 Critical Avoid, 2 Def and 2 Res IIRC)

- I have no idea how to read Zech's equipped weapon (apart from the Silver Part), so I kinda made it up. Also I have no idea what the attack barrier thing is, likely to be a mistranslation anyway

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble due to not understanding what's going on and being unable to read the stat screens or anything.

But I have to say, Troy and Melody are the best Cavs ever.

Yeah, this game has lots of info for you to read to complete a chapter. If you don't understand them, it will be painful to clear a map without any missing event. And it will be more and more difficult.

Edited by MisakaMikoto

In the chapter where you recruit Meredy I had no idea what to do after you saved her (which was hard because she kept dying despite enemies only having about 30 hit on her). Took me awhile to realize I had to seize that thing that looked like a port o potty.

Phew, finally completed chapter 15 after 4 days. That had to have been the single largest amount of time I spent on a single chapter so far.

Chapter 15

The chapter itself was quite daunting just with the sheer number of units, but the amount of surprises that it kept throwing at me was rather astonishing. Here's how my game overs went on the chapter.

2x Getting ambushed my invisible ninja with a sleep sword.

4x Missing the soft 15 turn time limit

3x Getting bad RNG and having the NPC unit that Atol was with die.

2x Getting silenced by 5 move, 12 ranged priestesses when setting up to fight the boss of the middle section.

4x Getting berserk'd by the boss causing the unit to either die or run and kill one of my squishies.

2x Low percent crits happening multiple times in one phase.

I see what you were talking about now Mungbean. Now I'm at the base prep chapter and have a whopping 4 units on Shirutin's team. I feel like this upcoming battle is going to be impossible. Do you know if the other Ranger he's with promotes via story? She wasn't able to use the calvary promotional item.