Vestaria Saga Part 1 Out Now + Discussion Topic

VincentASM

Phew, finally completed chapter 15 after 4 days. That had to have been the single largest amount of time I spent on a single chapter so far.

Chapter 15

The chapter itself was quite daunting just with the sheer number of units, but the amount of surprises that it kept throwing at me was rather astonishing. Here's how my game overs went on the chapter.

2x Getting ambushed my invisible ninja with a sleep sword.

4x Missing the soft 15 turn time limit

3x Getting bad RNG and having the NPC unit that Atol was with die.

2x Getting silenced by 5 move, 12 ranged priestesses when setting up to fight the boss of the middle section.

4x Getting berserk'd by the boss causing the unit to either die or run and kill one of my squishies.

2x Low percent crits happening multiple times in one phase.

I see what you were talking about now Mungbean. Now I'm at the base prep chapter and have a whopping 4 units on Shirutin's team. I feel like this upcoming battle is going to be impossible. Do you know if the other Ranger he's with promotes via story? She wasn't able to use the calvary promotional item.

i'm glad you finally finished 15! everything got immensely difficult for me :-//. and no, i'm currently on 19 and she (hoelun?) has not promoted so far.

also note for everyone: please please make sure you have all available units for shirutins party (and stock up VERY well). going in blindly w/o understanding pretty much all of the text has made me p much decide to go back to an earlier save. for shirutin's party, i'm missing hilda, linker, siegfried, nera, jemuran and elva.... l o l

i have no clue how i got past 17 with missing half the cast... but 19 has made me realize it's way too painful and difficult for me and i don't think i can finish the map when only two units are strong enough.

anyway, here's a recap of some chapters:

chapter 17

first shirutin party and man was this difficult. there are a LOT of things going on and it took me a long time to figure out what to do.

first, you have 10 turns to save thalys from the hut on the right side. all of the horse knights have the horse killing lance and the only units i had that were dune and einheria to handle them.. (einheria has been a HUGE liability for me so far). anyway, i had dune climb the cliff and kill off the annoying archers and longbow snipers. then after i cleared the horses, ritia (the dancer) has to enter the house and then dune enters the house). dune fights ~5 people in a row without healing and then you save thalys and ritia. thalys does not join the party until 19.

next, you have to go get the key to unlock the gate. this can only be done by non-mounted units. the foot units must go to the cave and retrieve an axe for dude in the hut. there are a lot of reinforcements that come out from the cave, so try to eliminate them quickly and enter the cave. he's pretty strong and can one hit you--dune was not able to fight due to having a bow...so i had to rely on einheria and urg rng is definitely against me w/ her avoid. i ignored the castle outside the cave b/c i hate HATE shirutins party. anyway, once you retrieve the axe, talk to the guy in the house and he'll use the axe to cut down the trees. footed people can now climb the mountain and then enter the cave and retrieve the key to unlock the gate for everyone else. you can also attack the rocks to get pretty rare items (repair stones, money selling items, etc, and tons of exp!)

finally.... probably the hardest part (next to figuring this all out) was to handle the boss room. there are three absurd bow knights. they're all RIDICULOUSLY strong and esp the girl bow knight who heals every hit and has miracle so you should try to get rid of her first.

anyway, that wraps up 17... i have no clue how i got through this with what i had.. but it was a headache

i'll add in chapter 18 later, but it was a breeze compared to what 17 was. and 19... i have no other words but pure punishment :'(

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad you finally finished 15! everything got immensely difficult for me :-//. and no, i'm currently on 19 and she (hoelun?) has not promoted so far.

also note for everyone: please please make sure you have all available units for shirutins party (and stock up VERY well). going in blindly w/o understanding pretty much all of the text has made me p much decide to go back to an earlier save. for shirutin's party, i'm missing hilda, linker, siegfried, nera, jemuran and elva.... l o l

i have no clue how i got past 17 with missing half the cast... but 19 has made me realize it's way too painful and difficult for me and i don't think i can finish the map when only two units are strong enough.

anyway, here's a recap of some chapters:

chapter 17

first shirutin party and man was this difficult. there are a LOT of things going on and it took me a long time to figure out what to do.

first, you have 10 turns to save thalys from the hut on the right side. all of the horse knights have the horse killing lance and the only units i had that were dune and einheria to handle them.. (einheria has been a HUGE liability for me so far). anyway, i had dune climb the cliff and kill off the annoying archers and longbow snipers. then after i cleared the horses, ritia (the dancer) has to enter the house and then dune enters the house). dune fights ~5 people in a row without healing and then you save thalys and ritia. thalys does not join the party until 19.

next, you have to go get the key to unlock the gate. this can only be done by non-mounted units. the foot units must go to the cave and retrieve an axe for dude in the hut. there are a lot of reinforcements that come out from the cave, so try to eliminate them quickly and enter the cave. he's pretty strong and can one hit you--dune was not able to fight due to having a bow...so i had to rely on einheria and urg rng is definitely against me w/ her avoid. i ignored the castle outside the cave b/c i hate HATE shirutins party. anyway, once you retrieve the axe, talk to the guy in the house and he'll use the axe to cut down the trees. footed people can now climb the mountain and then enter the cave and retrieve the key to unlock the gate for everyone else. you can also attack the rocks to get pretty rare items (repair stones, money selling items, etc, and tons of exp!)

finally.... probably the hardest part (next to figuring this all out) was to handle the boss room. there are three absurd bow knights. they're all RIDICULOUSLY strong and esp the girl bow knight who heals every hit and has miracle so you should try to get rid of her first.

anyway, that wraps up 17... i have no clue how i got through this with what i had.. but it was a headache

i'll add in chapter 18 later, but it was a breeze compared to what 17 was. and 19... i have no other words but pure punishment :'(

Oh jeez.. I'm in the 2 unit boat for Shirutin's party as well and have no earlier save to try to get any of the other units. 16 seems doable, even if it's been a bit rough so far, I'm going to call it a night on turn 5, Chapter 15 took a bit too much out of me.

I was contemplating a replay of the game now that I have some idea of what's going on, but it'd just be too painful after I'm already 20 hours in. I'll try to trudge through the demonic chapter 17 later in the week, but the game is starting to burn me out with this difficulty. (Mostly due to language barrier). I'll probably consider the new save once / if a translation were to pop up. Best of luck on 19, my friend.

By the way i've finished the chapter 9 some hours ago and you can actually have a safe way to kill the boss with Shirutin. Just don't kill any "house" ( sorry my english is bad and it's the only word i could say >_> ) then talk the the eaggle rider with Shirutin, he give you a bow that have the skill of 100% hit rate, and you need Shirutin get some good level up in str and have the support of his sister in order to get at leats 12 damage so the boss die in 2 hit ( of course he have a potion so this is why you need to get lucky with the levels up. ) Hope it help, thanks to the japanese wikia actually !

I'm in chapter 10 and still only have one class change item (the one that can be used on foot units). Anyone know when the first calvary class change item appears? Both my Troy and Melody are at level 20 already.

i believe the boss of chapter 10 (hoelun and elva's chapter) drops a calvary promotion item. the shops in 11 (fortress invasion) have a couple of cc items as well!

Edited by mungbean

i believe the boss of chapter 10 (hoelun and elva's chapter) drops a calvary promotion item. the shops in 11 (fortress invasion) have a couple of cc items as well!

thanks.

i haven't actually started chapter 10 yet, but it looks like i only have 2 units for the whole thing? that seems kinda nuts lol.

I just hit chapter 12. chapter 11 took FOREVER geez lol. Also I was only able to afford one of each promotion item from the shop. Should I have tried to buy more than that, or will the game shower me with promotion items later?

I just hit chapter 12. chapter 11 took FOREVER geez lol. Also I was only able to afford one of each promotion item from the shop. Should I have tried to buy more than that, or will the game shower me with promotion items later?

i think i was only able to afford one (i had to sell some stuff, though). the game never really "showers" you but it does lightly give away some free ones. from what i recall there should be another cavalry and foot unit promotion items in the following chapters (13 and 16 respectively i believe). there are definitely a lot more shops that sell you promotion items (foot, mounted and winged, chapter 16 prep is one). however, i don't remember seeing another mage promotion item

Does anyone have an idea on who are units that are worth using long term? I haven't played very much since I can't speak Japanese, but so far Zeid, Troy, and Zayed seem really cool, and I've heard good things about Melody. I'd really like to know. Is Haldia any good?

haldia turned out pretty well for me--he was a little bit iffy in the beginning, but once his str got going (his growth seems pretty high) he was able to one round most enemies. other early-game units i found worthwhile: dune (archer), ash (blue axe user) and both pegasi. troy and melody are amazing units--not too sure about zayed (i didn't recruit him)

hope this helps!

haldia turned out pretty well for me--he was a little bit iffy in the beginning, but once his str got going (his growth seems pretty high) he was able to one round most enemies. other early-game units i found worthwhile: dune (archer), ash (blue axe user) and both pegasi. troy and melody are amazing units--not too sure about zayed (i didn't recruit him)

hope this helps!

Thanks! That's good to hear. I love using Merc/Myrm units. About Zayed, he seems pretty sweet. I saw a video of him clearing out an entire squad of enemies with just a hand axe. I think he also gets his own personal 1-2 range axe that's like the Pugi.

Can someone who understand Japanese tell me how to recruit Merudi and Maya? I am using google translate for the wiki and the join conditions are confusing.

Meredy, talk with Zeid in Chapter 2 before she gets KO'd. Otherwise she joins in Chapter 11, as a Silk Knight (but without the Dandelion lance) apparently.

Maya, talk with Air in Chapter 11, but only if you didn't poison the river.

General question, but the mage promotion item, does that work on Lillia and Atol also? I'd rather promote them instead of Caesar or Akult.

Thanks! That's good to hear. I love using Merc/Myrm units. About Zayed, he seems pretty sweet. I saw a video of him clearing out an entire squad of enemies with just a hand axe. I think he also gets his own personal 1-2 range axe that's like the Pugi.

thing about Zayed is that he's already promoted! so he's OP for now but I'm concerned about his long term use. he just hit level 20 for me and didn't even hit any caps.

Edited by bufkus

So like legit question here, when work on the translation going to start? I want to know what the hell I'm actually doing after all. I can at least try to help with the hacking end of that's the issue, but this game in Japanese has impressed me to the point where I honestly feel it needs a translation

So like legit question here, when work on the translation going to start? I want to know what the hell I'm actually doing after all. I can at least try to help with the hacking end of that's the issue, but this game in Japanese has impressed me to the point where I honestly feel it needs a translation

Hacking the game without S_Kaga's permission would be disrespectful to him. Before anyone starts on this venture, I'd suggest getting his permission first.

Hacking the game without S_Kaga's permission would be disrespectful to him. Before anyone starts on this venture, I'd suggest getting his permission first.

And to that, I say bullshit. A. we already did which resulted in him dodging the question entirely and B. I somehow doubt any of the fan translated FE games or TRS for that matter got permission from the copyright holders.

I think the question dodging was just bad timing, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Anyway, I wasn't gonna mention anything in case people get disappointed later, but I am planning to contact Mr. Kaga sooner than later.

With the other games, there was no way to acquire permission, but it might be possible in this case since it's not a commercial game.

And to that, I say bullshit. A. we already did which resulted in him dodging the question entirely and B. I somehow doubt any of the fan translated FE games or TRS for that matter got permission from the copyright holders.

This isn't a commercial game, non-bro. This is an indie game by the man himself, so bullshit or not, you are disrespecting him if you do anything to the game without his permission. Deal with it.

This isn't a commercial game, non-bro. This is an indie game by the man himself, so bullshit or not, you are disrespecting him if you do anything to the game without his permission. Deal with it.

Except Kaga himself doesn't consider it an Indie game. He has flat out called it a fan project, so...

Alright, there's no need to argue about semantics. Indie game, fan game, it doesn't really matter too much.

What is important is that (in theory) we don't need to jump through any legal hoops to contact S_Kaga and request permission for a translation.

Whereas with previous games, they were developed by Nintendo or Enterbrain and only stalwart localisation groups would even be allowed to sniff the game code.