Vestaria Saga Part 1 Out Now + Discussion Topic

VincentASM

I finally reached Chapter 15... and it's kicking my butt >____<

The middle and bottom routes are easy so far, but the top route is insane.

I think I screwed up by not training Prody or Banacel much. They're both Level 10 ish with 11 ish defence, which isn't cutting it. I have Troy up there, but there's only so much he can do and those magic and anti-cav weapons are hurting him fast.

I'm going to try again by fielding Helm, Jamran and Zayed, but I'm not sure if they can turn the tide.

To be honest, I was doing OK, but Prody and Banacel kept getting ORKO by the faster enemies around Turn 8. Since they're a massive liability, I may as well try some other, more flexible characters.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, in the north area, I just manage to kill the boss to get the rare stone and then let Shirutin talk to the knight guarding Atol to end the chapter since my Prody and Banacel will fall soon becos of magic bow user if I stay longer. Actually my Meredy can take all becos she has great DEF, RES and EVA but I want to save her personal spear. Well, I am waiting for your note for chapter 14, this one gives me a headache.

Edited by skywalker

Haha, thanks for posting. My posts were starting to look like an archer with a Gatling Bow.

After a LOT of trial and error, I finally reached Turn 10 of Chapter 15. I was on the 9th turn and I screwed up the enemy attack range and Dune got attacked by two enemies. I was so freaking relieved when he dodged an attack that would KO with 70% hit rate. I was about ready to flip a table.

The rest of the chapter doesn't seem too bad. Actually, I'd better not jinx it XD

Notes for Chapter 14, the woodland defence chapter.

Zeid and company manage to sneak into Meleda and they set up camp in the nearby woods. Unfortunately for them, the empire's scouts find them and start closing in...

In this chapter, you need to survive for 20 turns while your team is split up into 4 groups.

Near the centre, you need to defend Garland, while repelling tons of strong enemies. I recommend putting at least one heavy hitter here. Near Garland, there's a choke point of sorts where you can sit three units and a spring to heal HP. To be honest, I didn't have any issues with this area. Just be careful and take your time; don't overexert.

Beyond lies the enemy boss, a red-haired female who's totally not a Minerva clone. Apparently you can't defeat her, but even if you could, the mission carries on anyway, so don't bother. She grants 20 hit rate to all foes, so keep that in mind.

To the south, Zeid and company bump into the bishop of the monastery where Caesar lived IIRC. Like Garland, you also need to defend him from attacks. First thing you should do is send Caesar to talk to him and obtain his personal tome. Caesar is forced to deploy, so you'll unlikely to miss this event.

Likewise, this area isn't too hard really. So long as Zeid is decently high level anyway. I suggest fielding Elva with the Lance if you still have it, since most if not all the enemies here are of the mounted variety. Oh and a healer like Lillia would be helpful.

To the west is Shirutin's company and the base camp. Guess what? You also need to defend the base camp!

Actually, this area is probably even easier, so feel free to divert resources elsewhere. Just outside the camp, there's a ger that you can visit and pay 800 DeNa to hire two Giants as NPCs. These guys have crap stats, but huge HP, so you can use them as bait to distract the enemy. It may help to heal them with Neru and her long distance staff.

Finally, to the north, Atol has sprained her foot or something. I kind of lost the plot here. Whatever the case, Atol is stuck here and can't move, along with Hoerun. Why Hoerun can't just carry her away, I'll never know... and of course you need to defend Atol.

This area is probably the hardest. You'll probably want to send your Eagle Riders here, stat. Just be careful of the many bow using enemies. You may want to send some foot units across from Shirutin's party if you're concerned.

Around Turn 3, Schlein (sp?) the Woodshooter comes to help Atol. With his Arbalest, he can attack foes from far away and he's pretty strong as well.

Things to note. Around Turn 13, a wyvern will spawn from the southern mountain. Apparently it doesn't attack, but it's still pretty dang strong. If you have some spare hands, you can take it out to acquire a flier promotion item.

I cheesed it with Accord by abusing the Turn 15 save to paralyse it with Lightning (gotten from the previous chapter), which unequips its dragon breath and stops it halving damage. Otherwise the personal bows and wind/ice tomes will be your best friends.

In addition, if you visit the ger next to Garland, you can forge a temporary alliance with the northern Mesica tribe or the southern Sherwood tribe. Doing so will spawn several NPCs during the next turn, who aid you for 5 turns. I picked Sherwood and a bunch of bow users appeared near the south-east entrance, easily delaying the enemies for Zeid's group.

I hear the Sherwood tribe is helpful for dealing with the wyvern as well, but you need to time everything well. Otherwise, you may want to pick Mesica to slow down the enemies advancing towards Atol.

To the far north-west, there's a small group of thieves. They only attack if you enter their range, so Rinka or Aineria will make short work of them, so long as you keep to the forests for the avoid bonus. The chest in the corner grants a Master Sword. I made Hoerun run to open it towards the end.

Hmm... anything else? Oh, if you survive to Turn 20, you've pretty much won. On the next enemy turn, all the enemies run away, so you can use Turn 20 as a safe turn to gain some exp if you want.

Some tips: As the game suggests, I recommend staying away from the enemy spawn areas, unless your characters are extremely OP. In particular the north-east one is nasty for your Eagle Riders if the bow knights suddenly spawn. Then again, there's that tasty looking wagon in the corner...

Honestly, this chapter is probably scarier than it looks. My only struggle was keeping Atol safe.

Story-wise, afterwards, Atol is wandering alone when she gets ambushed by thieves. These ruffians realise she's the princess of Meleda, so they take her to the empire to claim a big reward. Darn it...

Once Zeid receives the bad news, the group hurries to find a way to rescue Atol.

Edited by VincentASM

Well, I wasted 4 uses of Shiela's personal bow on that boss, I didn't know she couldn't be defeated and Hoerun and Air almost got killed when I raid the enemy wagon becos of the enemy's ambush. Fortunately, they survive. I am on chapter 16 right now, it's too bad my girl Meredy got captured near the 4th village where Atol is heading to.

Edited by skywalker

Well, I wasted 4 uses of Shiela's personal bow on that boss, I didn't know she couldn't be defeated and Hoerun and Air almost got killed when I raid the enemy wagon becos of the enemy's ambush. Fortunately, they survive. I am on chapter 16 right now, it's too bad my girl Meredy got captured near the 4th village where Atol is heading to.

chapter 16 is pretty nuts. don't forget to rescue Meredy by sending someone to the tower before the map is over.

Hehe, I'm dumb for missing Zayed and Sheila's personal weapons. Zayed is a beast anyhow, but Sheila could have really used that bow since she's kinda rotting on my bench.

Gosh darn, I didn't think the boss of Chapter 15 would move. I was just sniping on the other side with Schlein thinking he was safe since the spellcasters couldn't reach.

Also, I wanted to use Meredy more, but I used my two knight promotion items on Troy and Shirutin, so I didn't want her to steal the exp. There's gonna be a shop with promotion items coming up soon... right? Or did I miss it way back?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game even though I kinda suck at it XD

Edited by VincentASM

I also haven't figured out how to obtain Zayed's personal weapon but my Sheila is not lame, she max out speed, skill and has 14 STR at lvl 20. This is the reason I didn't come back to pick Maya up.

And for the boss of chapter 15, I let the long bow guy hit one of the priests next to the boss from afar and on the next turn he will move out like an idiot.

Yes the next chapter is the good place for any low level characters gain EXP, it also has the vendor shop which sells all kinds of promotion items.

Edited by skywalker

you have to choose between Zayed and Shiela when it comes to their prf weapon, only one of them can get it, which kind of blows.

Zayed is great for the first 2/3rd of the game, that video of him manhandling an entire army by himself is no joke, but since he's already promoted when you get him, his stats probably aren't going to be the greatest when he hits level 20 and Sheila'll be more important, situationally. So its' a gamble.

But you can just give Sheila the gatling bow, which is what I did.

I promoted Meredy first out of the knights you get, and don't regret it. Her growth RNG is all over the place, but mine managed to max her defense, magic defense, skill, and speed quite early and became an uber tank. Very important in the last few chapters.

Edited by bufkus

Uh-huh, if Zayed or Sheila returns the ancient statue to the chieftain, the chieftain gives them their person weapon. Or if you were like me and sent a random dude, you get the meh Flame Axe.

Oh well, my Sheila kind of blows. She got to Level 15 in Chapter 15x, but her Strength is atrocious. At least she learned a new skill.

I'm assuming Maya is meant to suck? Mine's Level 15 and I she's gained next to no stats. At the least, I definitely remember her Strength being 4. Everyone time she levels up, I facepalm.

Anyway, I'd better start talking about better units before I get depressed. I promoted Troy first and I don't regret it either, since he's been a real MVP. Pretty much nothing survives him unless it's a demon or dragon and he can tank hits really well as well.

Accord's turning out pretty well as well. I was worried she'd be crap compared to Caesar, but my Caesar sadly can't compare. His magic and speed is half of Accord's and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna catch up anytime soon.

Before I forget, I finally beat Chapter 15! Except I just took one look at Chapter 16 and I'm sweating bullets. Taking a cursory glance at the wiki, this looks like the most involved chapter ever.

Er, this chapter isn't THAT bad, right? ^^;;;;

Edited by VincentASM

Uh-huh, if Zayed or Sheila returns the ancient statue to the chieftain, the chieftain gives them their person weapon. Or if you were like me and sent a random dude, you get the meh Flame Axe.

Oh well, my Sheila kind of blows. She got to Level 15 in Chapter 15x, but her Strength is atrocious. At least she learned a new skill.

I'm assuming Maya is meant to suck? Mine's Level 15 and I she's gained next to no stats. At the least, I definitely remember her Strength being 4. Everyone time she levels up, I facepalm.

Anyway, I'd better start talking about better units before I get depressed. I promoted Troy first and I don't regret it either, since he's been a real MVP. Pretty much nothing survives him unless it's a demon or dragon and he can tank hits really well as well.

Accord's turning out pretty well as well. I was worried she'd be crap compared to Caesar, but my Caesar sadly can't compare. His magic and speed is half of Accord's and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna catch up anytime soon.

Before I forget, I finally beat Chapter 15! Except I just took one look at Chapter 16 and I'm sweating bullets. Taking a cursory glance at the wiki, this looks like the most involved chapter ever.

Er, this chapter isn't THAT bad, right? ^^;;;;

My Maya turned out pretty good. I esp like that she has a chance to move again (same as Lillia) and her shop skill is useful until you get a chance to promote Cezar.

Chapter 16 def is one of the most involved chapters in the game. This is the point where if you're not truly prepared you might not even be able to continue through the rest of the game. Hopefully you still have a fresh 15 Gaiden save in case you learn there are changes you need to make~

I gave Maya the Diligence scroll because she starts at Lv. 1 and I thought she'd be like Est and why not more OP fliers, but I'm not impressed with her growths so far, hopefully she'll pick up soon. Her 2nd action doesn't proc often if at all though, but I guess her Discount skill really helps. In terms of combat, I've been having much more luck with Air and Luvina, who are both turning out to be godly, especially the former after her promotion. Having two fliers really helped in Ch. 9 after I chose to go for Khsan's Master Sword instead of escaping right away, since it allowed me to bait those nasty 7-range paralysis-inflicting Anti-Weapon Sphere Mages that came as the 2nd round of reinforcements and kill them one-by-one, and both Air and Luvina had pretty high Res and could equip the Valkyrie Sword which gave +7 Res on top of that as well. (The Recovery Ring and those status ailment leaves helped too)

Currently on Ch. 13, but I've been moving back to investigate previous chapters to do more of my data compilation thing. So far I've benched Bonacel, Jan, and Sheila, but everyone else is seeing pretty good use. Cezar and Talys are getting fielded but aren't seeing any combat whatsoever, though it's probably better that way since they're meant to be utility units. I'm not sure what I'll do with Helm, Nella and Jamran, I guess later chapters will tell...

I wonder who's a good candidate for the Adept Scroll. As of now I'm considering Sigel, Accolt, Meredy, Elva, or the main character Zeid...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

you can wait til 15G to level up Cezar and Talys and any other stragglers. I always bring Neera in for an extra healer. Helm and Jamran will pretty much be forced into later chapters so you can drop them for now (although I did use Jamran in chapter 15).

Is it OK for everyone to be at least Level 15+ minus Cezar, Talys and already promoted characters? Not sure if I distributed my exp well enough.

Also, some non-game news.

During the start of October, there's going to be a character popularity poll, which lasts till November. It'll be split into player characters and NPCs.

In addition, during Winter Comiket, there *may* be a Vestaria Saga OST for sale. I say "may" because the wording is really vague. Mr Kaga said that Mr. Saito is releasing a soundtrack and given the context, a VS OST makes the most sense.

Is it OK for everyone to be at least Level 15+ minus Cezar, Talys and already promoted characters? Not sure if I distributed my exp well enough.

Also, some non-game news.

During the start of October, there's going to be a character popularity poll, which lasts till November. It'll be split into player characters and NPCs.

In addition, during Winter Comiket, there *may* be a Vestaria Saga OST for sale. I say "may" because the wording is really vague. Mr Kaga said that Mr. Saito is releasing a soundtrack and given the context, a VS OST makes the most sense.

Welp, there goes my paycheck

What am I supposed to do in chapter 17? Rinka and Talys are captured, how can I rescue them? I can't open the cell either.

Edit: Ok, I managed to kill Sigma and rescued the cutie Rinka but if I let him alive, he will fly away with Rinka on turn 21 and Etal also leave. Will he Sigma join later if I spare him? I really don't want to miss out anyone else like Maya.

And what is with that boulder? Can it be moved by someone?

Well, I am stuck at chapter 17 becos I can't open the gate. If anyone know how to unlock it, please tell me.

Edited by skywalker

What am I supposed to do in chapter 17? Rinka and Talys are captured, how can I rescue them? I can't open the cell either.

Edit: Ok, I managed to kill Sigma and rescued the cutie Rinka but if I let him alive, he will fly away with Rinka on turn 21 and Etal also leave. Will he Sigma join later if I spare him? I really don't want to miss out anyone else like Maya.

And what is with that boulder? Can it be moved by someone?

Well, I am stuck at chapter 17 becos I can't open the gate. If anyone know how to unlock it, please tell me.

One of the enemy soldiers has a key. Kill him and you get that key and then whoever has the key can unlock both gates.

Chances are you already have it, so just check and see if any of your characters has a key in their inventory. Though I guess there's a chance it got sent to the stock instead... you'll probably have to go to an earlier turn save if that's the case.

Edited by bufkus

The key can be found by inspecting the barracks where the soldier is standing towards the north of the map. I hear a battle is triggered when you enter the barracks, so be sure to send somebody strong.

After acquiring the key, you must NOT send it to the stock or you can't retrieve it and thus you can't clear the chapter.

Anyway, I just started Chapter 17. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing XD

Chapter 16 wasn't too bad. There were a lot of points where I was panicking, but I made sure to pace myself. If you let Atol visit each village on the 8th turn exactly (by blocking the entrance on the earlier turns), you get plenty of time to deal with all the enemies.

When I have time, I should write down some notes for 15 and 16 before I forget...

Yes, the key is only obtained by inspecting the barrack. Normal keys cannot be used and since I have 2 people(Hoerun and Rinka) who can open doors without the need of key so I don't worry about loading a previous chapter's save.

Actually, chapter 17 is not very hard if you are well prepared, Dune and Shirutin are MVPs for me in this one.

Rescue Talys within ten turns by sending Lithia to the tower at the south east corner of the map. Try to rescue Rinka before turn 20 or you will say goodbye to her and Etal - the real man in this chapter. Not sure if Sigma is recruitable one later bcos I killed him.

And for chapter 16, the only thing I don't like is my Meredy got captured near the end of the chapter and you will lose her forever if you don't send Zeid to the tower near the final village.

Yes, the key is only obtained by inspecting the barrack. Normal keys cannot be used and since I have 2 people(Hoerun and Rinka) who can open doors without the need of key so I don't worry about loading a previous chapter's save.

Actually, chapter 17 is not very hard if you are well prepared, Dune and Shirutin are MVPs for me in this one.

Rescue Talys within ten turns by sending Lithia to the tower at the south east corner of the map. Try to rescue Rinka before turn 20 or you will say goodbye to her and Etal - the real man in this chapter. Not sure if Sigma is recruitable one later bcos I killed him.

And for chapter 16, the only thing I don't like is my Meredy got captured near the end of the chapter and you will lose her forever if you don't send Zeid to the tower near the final village.

Dune and Shirutin will be the MVPs of chapter 19 too lol.

Haven't gone that far, I am still at chapter 18, the Minerva look-alike woman keep dying and I have to face a really strong horseman boss.

send Eir and Ruvina to kill the stuff in the east. and you can avoid the horseman boss as long as you trigger the lever in the prisoner room.

btw to save all 5 prisoners, you can't kill more than 4 enemy troops (but you can kill dark mages and any of the thieves and bandits and dragon knights that spawn on the east side of the map). you can kill the enemy troops after you rescue the prisoners with no repercussion.

Actually, it's killing more than one enemy and that scumbag will use his 6x Atk lance to kill the prisoners, I send Luvina and Air to deal with him. By the way, which switch are you talking about? The one in the prisoner room or the one in the main boss room? The one in the prisoner room opens the main boss room.

Edited by skywalker

Actually, it's killing more than one enemy and that scumbag will use his 6x Atk lance to kill the prisoners, I send Luvina and Air to deal with him. By the way, which switch are you talking about? The one in the prisoner room or the one in the main boss room? The one in the prisoner room opens the main boss room.

Yeah and it also makes the black knights leave. At least it did for me.

Unit Growth Rates are up at Pegasusknight.com. I've posted an English version here.

No clue as to how they got this info though...

I think I've been lucky with most characters except Zayed.

Also is it only me, or do actual promotion gains differ from the displayed stat gains from the class-change screen? For instance, using the Hero's Crest, my Haldia who maxed-out Skl (17) and Spd (15) was supposed to get +4 Skl and +3 Spd from promoting, but he ended up with 23 Skl and 23 Spd, meaning that something is not adding up properly. I remember this happening with Troy's Spd stat as well with the Silver Saddle. I'm not complaining about getting extra stats, but something is really weird about this.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Yeah and it also makes the black knights leave. At least it did for me.

It doesn't work at all, they won't leave when I press the lever in the prison room and the one in main room can't be used. Everypne in my team only attack him for 4 damage and he can ORKO all my unit. This is a nightmare!