GG lunatic CQ, I quit. Edit: beat it finally, never again!

MrNight48

I am so done with this game. after the 11th reset from fuck boi takumi and his gang of fucking enfeeble cheaters, I am done. I have wasted 6 fucking hours on this bullshit all because corrin can't proc dragon fang once. This was my first attempt at lunatic just to give it a try and now I know I was right to never ever touch this mode on fire emblem because IS have no fucking idea on how to balance harder difficulties without going too far.

GG, fire emblem will never see a cent of my money until I hear from others instead of just buying everything day one because I shouldn't have to rescue chain and pray for a dragon fang just to win.

Edited by MrNight48

Can't blame you. The end game throws many threats at you that come from nowwhere, even if you played Hard. Unless you plan ahead your units, they classes and skills, you won't be prepared for the specific threats. You can only survive with staff cheese or DLC/Bonus Content then.

Lunatic in Awakening, 12 or Maniac in 10 and 9 are at least constistent and you are less likely to screw up, while still being challenged (especially in FE12).

Then again, I'm not a fan on the gameplay in Conquest at all and have many issues with it.

If a Dragon fang is all you need, then why quit now? Even if you have something abysmal like 25 Skl post rallies, tonics, pair-up etc. that's still roughly a 33% chance to ORKO Takumi assuming 100% Hit.

It's possible to ORKO Lunatic!Takumi without procs but the benchmark is ridiculous and can only be reached by specific Corrin builds. My run had a +Str Str capped Paladin with A Swords, the Shadow Yato, a Strength tonic, a Strength rally, Laslow's personal, Wyvern lord pair-up, Gunter's and Camilla's personal active, Ellbow Room and Aggressor scoring the ORKO. If the player doesn't allow Dread Fighter, (s)he needs to get Samurai somehow for SF and Life and Death.

It's either that or the player conserves most of his Rescue charges and half of his Freeze staff uses to play the chapter legitimately, resets until DF procs, or kills virtually anybody but Corrin off.

I haven't tried Conquest Lunatic (and judging by how much trouble Hard is giving me, I don't think I ever will), but Birthright Lunatic is actually not like that, so I wouldn't throw in the towel on Lunatic in general, just because one of the campaigns messed it up.

See for endgame I cheated the hell out for it and got a full team of OP 'Easy seize/free skills' Avatars for cannon fodder against the inevitable end enfeebles and hopefully take a few guys out on the way. Conquest Lunatics end game is like Awakening lunatic start Your more likely to die to absolute bull that bad choices. Difference is you cant abuse some water to win. Alternatively, go abuse DLC to max everything.

I will frankly never understand people who react to conquest's higher difficulties not with rage of excitement or laments that they need to step up their game, but instead with accusations of "bullshit". Bullshit difficulty is when you're faced with something that kills you that you had no way of knowing about beforehand, or when the only defense against something is pure dumb luck. Awakening had that, yes, with its ridiculous reinforcements and a lunatic+ mode that randomly slaps extremely powerful skills on all enemies with no main plan or any discipline to the point that the beginning few chapters are an obnoxious reset fest. Conquest, however, does not. I played through the entire game on hard in an ironman run and didn't lose a single unit, and that's because Conquest is the type of game that, while hard, pulls absolutely no "bullshit". It has a lot of ridiculous, seemingly insurmountable challenges, yes, but all of them are presented to the player completely up front with total honesty and with time to plan and prepare, with skills that aren't randomized and will always be the same every time you play.

If you don't like CQ Lunatic, then fine, reduce it to hard or even normal, no judgements. But don't rail against its very existence to the point that you claim you'll never buy another fire emblem game again because that's not productive at all.

Edited by Alastor15243

Strategy, man! Or, just bump it down to Hard and enjoy the ass-whooping.

I was going to say I already beat hard mode, but I honestly can't remember if I did it iron man or lowered to normal mode due to me just soloing with corrin. All I know is I am taking a break for at least a week because my family got scared from the look I was having on my face. I let them confiscate the game because I was very close to smashing my 3DS in pure rage after takumi survived all the hits just to 1 round my corrin.

If a Dragon fang is all you need, then why quit now? Even if you have something abysmal like 25 Skl post rallies, tonics, pair-up etc. that's still roughly a 33% chance to ORKO Takumi assuming 100% Hit.

It's possible to ORKO Lunatic!Takumi without procs but the benchmark is ridiculous and can only be reached by specific Corrin builds. My run had a +Str Str capped Paladin with A Swords, the Shadow Yato, a Strength tonic, a Strength rally, Laslow's personal, Wyvern lord pair-up, Gunter's and Camilla's personal active, Ellbow Room and Aggressor scoring the ORKO. If the player doesn't allow Dread Fighter, (s)he needs to get Samurai somehow for SF and Life and Death.

It's either that or the player conserves most of his Rescue charges and half of his Freeze staff uses to play the chapter legitimately, resets until DF procs, or kills virtually anybody but Corrin off.

After the about the 8th time and 6 hours hoping corrin proc'ing a dragon fang just to win, I realized how dumb that sounded. That this rescue chain strat was clearly not going to work like it did for others and i was going to have to come up with a more legit strategy. Which meant sitting for even more hours playing a game that constantly tells me "want to beat the game? fuck you nohrian scum, keep redoing chapter 27 forever."

I will frankly never understand people who react to conquest's higher difficulties not with rage of excitement or laments that they need to step up their game, but instead with accusations of "bullshit". Bullshit difficulty is when you're faced with something that kills you that you had no way of knowing about beforehand, or when the only defense against something is pure dumb luck. Awakening had that, yes, with its ridiculous reinforcements and a lunatic+ mode that randomly slaps extremely powerful skills on all enemies with no main plan or any discipline to the point that the beginning few chapters are an obnoxious reset fest. Conquest, however, does not. I played through the entire game on hard in an ironman run and didn't lose a single unit, and that's because Conquest is the type of game that, while hard, pulls absolutely no "bullshit". It has a lot of ridiculous, seemingly insurmountable challenges, yes, but all of them are presented to the player completely up front with total honesty and with time to plan and prepare, with skills that aren't randomized and will always be the same every time you play.

If you don't like CQ Lunatic, then fine, reduce it to hard or even normal, no judgements. But don't rail against its very existence to the point that you claim you'll never buy another fire emblem game again because that's not productive at all.

Stepping up my game at this point is completely restarting. So many units I wanted/needed got rng screwed, didn't get to train, or just fell behind. Xander, Mozu, and DF!Odin can't carry everything.

Honestly, I would have enjoyed every bit of conquest and it's if it wasn't for one fatal flaw.

They don't allow you to save before the final chapter. Where you needed it the most.

IS fucking knew better. I get they didn't want the player to break immersion by visiting your castle but there were ways they could have let you save or create a fucking checkpoint. Sure the first part is easy enough to get back to takumi's part but after so many times of restarting right at that point, you begin to wonder just how much of your time you are wasting. Then I begin to wonder if they expect you to rely on the dlc/dlc bonuses or my castle skill buying abuse just to get through lunatic because if so, that absolutely disgusts me. That would make lunatic the excuse for dlc instead of the reason for it. An excuse to get more money instead of more options to pad out the rng screwage.

I believe in voting with my wallet and I vote no to not being able to save before the final chapter. In a time consuming game like this, not being able to finalize key progress is not okay. I would rather have two balls to the wall hard chapters than one okay chapter that transitions to a unfair one and you always have to redo the okay chapter just to get back to the unfair one.

After the about the 8th time and 6 hours hoping corrin proc'ing a dragon fang just to win, I realized how dumb that sounded. That this rescue chain strat was clearly not going to work like it did for others and i was going to have to come up with a more legit strategy. Which meant sitting for even more hours playing a game that constantly tells me "want to beat the game? fuck you nohrian scum, keep redoing chapter 27 forever."

How did that happen? I think you aren't trivializing C27 hard enough because it usually takes around 2 minutes to get through it and skip to Endgame. Endgame rescue skip then takes like 4 minutes due to preparations so 6-7 minutes in total for a reset. Not being able to save between the two chapters was a terrible design choice, I wholeheartedly agree, but at least C27 is designed in a way that it only takes a few minutes to get back to where you've been.

I'm not entirely sure what your main point is now. If you want to come up with a legit strat because relying on the RNG is stupid, then I don't have anything to say. I thought the same way in my run. But finding another approach solely because you've been screwed over by the RNG doesn't sound like a good plan. There's like a 40% success chance assuming your Skl stat isn't terrible. It'll work eventually and on average, it shouldn't take a lot of time either.

That's exactly what Conquest does to you, even on Hard. Some of the skill combinations and enemy-only skills are so ridiculous and overkill that you can't possibly react to it with what the game itself gives you, even if you know its coming. I mean, did we really need enemies with Staff Savant? Was that really necessary?

And that's not even talking about the RNG screwing you over one too many times. Seriously, sometimes it feels like you don't even have control over the game, but instead, the game controls you. So the 'dumb luck' part of your statement is absolutely in effect here.

I can see where you're coming from, but Fates manages to create the bullshit by itself, especially in Conquest, where the enemies grow way too strong way too fast and all later maps have some kind of shitty gimmick that doesn't add anything to the challenge and only makes it less fun to play (the illusions in chapter 19, the wind in chapter 20, Taku-douche's stupid AOE attack in the finale).

What I really hate about the harder difficulties in Fates is that you can only beat them if you use very specific units and very specific strategies, basically killing any replay value and incentive for customization. The game basically says 'screw you' if you dare to try using units other than the ones the developers meant for you to use and even then, they may get RNG screwed, after which, in a worst case scenario, you'll have to restart all over again.

For example, in my current (and probably last) attempt to give CQ Hard a try, I have my Corrin with a Skill boon and a Luck bane. He's now at level 13 and hasn't gotten a single point in speed ever since level 1. I'm not kidding. He still sits comfortably at 6 speed. And his other stats, beside Skill, make Mozu's Villager stats at the same level look phenomenal by comparison. Even ARTHUR has better stats and I have not levelled him up ONCE! This is basically the game's way of telling me: "Thanks for wasting 80 Euros on me, sh*thead, now f*** off!"

That's exactly what Conquest does to you, even on Hard. Some of the skill combinations and enemy-only skills are so ridiculous and overkill that you can't possibly react to it with what the game itself gives you, even if you know its coming. I mean, did we really need enemies with Staff Savant? Was that really necessary?

And that's not even talking about the RNG screwing you over one too many times. Seriously, sometimes it feels like you don't even have control over the game, but instead, the game controls you. So the 'dumb luck' part of your statement is absolutely in effect here.

Again, I beat Conquest on hard without resetting once and without losing a single unit or even using Bifröst. If you're getting screwed by rng, it's because you're allowing yourself to get screwed by RNG. You're putting yourself in a situation where it's possible for your units to die if the roll of the dice is unfavorable. If you get the right auras and rallies at your disposal you can counteract a ton of unlucky level ups, and then if you make sure to assume the worst case scenario will always happen, you won't find your units dying from cheap attacks. I managed to get Arthur to level 15 promoted, that should give you some idea of how little my playstyle allowed for the RNG to screw me over.

Again, I beat Conquest on hard without resetting once and without losing a single unit or even using Bifröst. If you're getting screwed by rng, it's because you're allowing yourself to get screwed by RNG. You're putting yourself in a situation where it's possible for your units to die if the roll of the dice is unfavorable. If you get the right auras and rallies at your disposal you can counteract a ton of unlucky level ups, and then if you make sure to assume the worst case scenario will always happen, you won't find your units dying from cheap attacks. I managed to get Arthur to level 15 promoted, that should give you some idea of how little my playstyle allowed for the RNG to screw me over.

Then you are better at the game than I am.

I assume you have a very specific playstyle that fits with what the game throws at you and that's exactly what I meant when I said that you need a very specific playstyle, a very specfic set of units and a very specific strategy that leaves little to no room for variation.

Your playstyle might just be one of only few where things like you stated are possible and I really do commend you for finding that.

To be clear: None of what I said is intended as sarcasm. I really mean what I say here.

I also try to always think the worst case scenario will happen, but if I stick with that, I'll be stuck in place forever, since none of my current units can do crap against the enemies if I don't take risks, which, as you rightfully said, doesn't work. I also do not have access to rally skills yet, as all of my units are still unpromoted (I struggled past Chapter 9 at the time of this writing).

I think I'll just stick with cheating the system and getting my units skillsets from my logbook, so they can actually counteract some of the BS skill combinations the game throws at you.

How did that happen? I think you aren't trivializing C27 hard enough because it usually takes around 2 minutes to get through it and skip to Endgame. Endgame rescue skip then takes like 4 minutes due to preparations so 6-7 minutes in total for a reset. Not being able to save between the two chapters was a terrible design choice, I wholeheartedly agree, but at least C27 is designed in a way that it only takes a few minutes to get back to where you've been.

I'm not entirely sure what your main point is now. If you want to come up with a legit strat because relying on the RNG is stupid, then I don't have anything to say. I thought the same way in my run. But finding another approach solely because you've been screwed over by the RNG doesn't sound like a good plan. There's like a 40% success chance assuming your Skl stat isn't terrible. It'll work eventually and on average, it shouldn't take a lot of time either.

On the dragon fang thing, I see your point and may try again later. However as far as 27 goes, I have to ask how are you doing it in 2 minutes? Because I just don't see that happening when 4 maids have infinite range entrap staffs.

I can see where you're coming from, but Fates manages to create the bullshit by itself, especially in Conquest, where the enemies grow way too strong way too fast and all later maps have some kind of shitty gimmick that doesn't add anything to the challenge and only makes it less fun to play (the illusions in chapter 19, the wind in chapter 20, Taku-douche's stupid AOE attack in the finale).

What I really hate about the harder difficulties in Fates is that you can only beat them if you use very specific units and very specific strategies, basically killing any replay value and incentive for customization. The game basically says 'screw you' if you dare to try using units other than the ones the developers meant for you to use and even then, they may get RNG screwed, after which, in a worst case scenario, you'll have to restart all over again.

For example, in my current (and probably last) attempt to give CQ Hard a try, I have my Corrin with a Skill boon and a Luck bane. He's now at level 13 and hasn't gotten a single point in speed ever since level 1. I'm not kidding. He still sits comfortably at 6 speed. And his other stats, beside Skill, make Mozu's Villager stats at the same level look phenomenal by comparison. Even ARTHUR has better stats and I have not levelled him up ONCE! This is basically the game's way of telling me: "Thanks for wasting 80 Euros on me, sh*thead, now f*** off!"

Oh trust me, I am right there with you brother.

That's fine and all but none of that tells me how this game is bullshit proof. I love auras but they are a pain to get naturally. My leo got rng screwed in levels and got quickly left behind because just about any unit in the late chapters could double him and double him hard due to his very poor weapon triangle coverage. I don't care what anyone says, relying on healing to level fucking sucks and can't be relied on so my elise could not level to 15 fast enough for it.

As far as rallies go, they can be amazing but that also means units have to positioned well to receive them which sometimes goes against what is needed to deal with the enemy units.

However all of this means so little in the face of maids who have infinite enfeeble staffs with huge ass range. There is also nothing you can do against the hexing rod as well. somebody is getting hit with it and you just have to take it and hope for the best.

If you have some extra Rescue and/or Entrap, I believe there's a strat out there that's like the one you're trying to use, but brings two bruisers down, which greatly improves the odds of killing Takumi.

I can also link you to the videos of my non-Rescue-Pass strat if you wish, although it uses a few quirky things like Camilla still as a Malig with the Bolt Axe and Xander as a Master Ninja. I don't know what your units look like, but you'll need to figure out who can fill in for roles if you aren't using that specific unit or if Camilla/Xander/etc turned out too different from mine.

Barring the same-turn reinforcements, the Lunatic+ skills are all very upfront and constant once the map begins, though. The mode should hardly be a reset-fest for people who know what they're doing (resets will probably still happen due to human error, though... I know I drop the ball more than I'd like). I would argue that, early Counter spam aside (and even then, the majority of that can be compensated for: see my guide), the skills that qualify more for the bullshit category are the random Gamble and Zeal, as well as Prologue's Elthunder Mage. Completely compensating for any of those is not always possible because giving up too much positioning (or stats, as the Elthunder Mage can technically be negated by taking a crappy Luck Asset) is a good way to have a bad time over the next few turns. So the enemy can pull out random instant death (or crippling blows, if it's Fred) from listed crit where compensating for it is a worse choice. Compare this to the Lunatic+ skills which are either always relevant or never relevant to a particular engagement (for example, Vantage+ doesn't matter if one is kiting the enemy unit or Hawkeye only matters when attempting to Avoid tank), and won't randomly one-shot someone (barring the very specific, preventable case of leaving someone equipped near a reinforcement point such that they get Counter bombed).

On the dragon fang thing, I see your point and may try again later. However as far as 27 goes, I have to ask how are you doing it in 2 minutes? Because I just don't see that happening when 4 maids have infinite range entrap staffs.

IIRC, I had my best 4 combat units paired-up (Xander, Leo, Corrin and Replicate!Corrin). 4 people get entrapped to the rooms and just deal with the enemy there. The only problem is the Master Ninja who can hardly be killed by anybody but Corrin, everybody else just runs away and takes Vulneraries. As soon as the enemy in the room has been killed, the stairs open and everybody who could defeat their enemy just rushes Garon. The guys blocking the stairs always moved in my run. If you leave someone close to their range, you can probably bait them out too.

A few details about the AI, though I'm not 100% sure about everything: The Shrine Maidens will only Entrap units in the main corridor, if you're in a side corridor, they won't bother you. They supposedly entrap the highest level units. The squad blocking the stairs moves away if somebody in the main corridor is close by, though in my original file they acted a bit weird and decided to move even if nobody was nearby.

Though, there's of course room for variety. I think Moogleboss/Espinosa had an interesting approach in his HM Girls only LTC run so I'll leave a link:

Might not work in your run due to Boots distribution but I feel like it might give you a better understanding of the chapter.

With regards to Leo, didn't you get Ophelia's paralogue? It has the Calamity Gate tome aka the Dual Tome. On second thought, getting all the treasure in that chapter can be pretty tough so if you played it, you might have just missed the item.

If you ever play CQ again, I recommend Dark Falcon to Level 35 and then Sorc as a mainstay for Leo. It gives him a lot of Speed, Magic, a Breaker and Nos access. GF!anyone can also break Takumi's wall.

Edited by Cyas

Yes, the Shrine Maidens won't Entrap units in the side corridor. This can allow for placement of units who can either kill the Master Ninja or Sorcs (in the event that the Entrapped units can't) or provide healing to the units such that they might be able to win the fight. It's also worth noting that a flier with a +Move support (no Boots required) can reach the stairs to either the Master Ninja or Sorc room from the upper deployment slots. As long as they can go there, they can also reach any of the other stairs on turn 2 (and the combat units in the Entrap rooms won't attack until turn 2 EP unless the player has already engaged them). The former gave me the opportunity to have Xander blick the Sorc or Camilla Lunge the Master Ninja or Berserker over the door (which is hilarious, BTW).

If you have some extra Rescue and/or Entrap, I believe there's a strat out there that's like the one you're trying to use, but brings two bruisers down, which greatly improves the odds of killing Takumi.

I can also link you to the videos of my non-Rescue-Pass strat if you wish, although it uses a few quirky things like Camilla still as a Malig with the Bolt Axe and Xander as a Master Ninja. I don't know what your units look like, but you'll need to figure out who can fill in for roles if you aren't using that specific unit or if Camilla/Xander/etc turned out too different from mine.

Unfortunately I am working with 3 uses of rescue staffs. My biggest problem it seems is I can't find a way to bring in another heavy hitter. I still have a shit ton of gold saved for worst case scenario re-classing but my Xander is already lv20 and committed to char. He is amazing with sol and has 32-50 speed after char + speedtaker.

IIRC, I had my best 4 combat units paired-up (Xander, Leo, Corrin and Replicate!Corrin). 4 people get entrapped to the rooms and just deal with the enemy there. The only problem is the Master Ninja who can hardly be killed by anybody but Corrin, everybody else just runs away and takes Vulneraries. As soon as the enemy in the room has been killed, the stairs open and everybody who could defeat their enemy just rushes Garon. The guys blocking the stairs always moved in my run. If you leave someone close to their range, you can probably bait them out too.

A few details about the AI, though I'm not 100% sure about everything: The Shrine Maidens will only Entrap units in the main corridor, if you're in a side corridor, they won't bother you. They supposedly entrap the highest level units. The squad blocking the stairs moves away if somebody in the main corridor is close by, though in my original file they acted a bit weird and decided to move even if nobody was nearby.

Though, there's of course room for variety. I think Moogleboss/Espinosa had an interesting approach in his HM Girls only LTC run so I'll leave a link:

Might not work in your run due to Boots distribution but I feel like it might give you a better understanding of the chapter.

With regards to Leo, didn't you get Ophelia's paralogue? It has the Calamity Gate tome aka the Dual Tome. On second thought, getting all the treasure in that chapter can be pretty tough so if you played it, you might have just missed the item.

If you ever play CQ again, I recommend Dark Falcon to Level 35 and then Sorc as a mainstay for Leo. It gives him a lot of Speed, Magic, a Breaker and Nos access. GF!anyone can also break Takumi's wall.

although the video is nice (wtf was is paladin corrin that strong), it doesn't help with my execution. I have no problems getting corrin to takumi, it's just corrin can't one shot takumi without dragon fang procs because as soon as it's his turn. My corrin eats 2 enfeebles and a hexing rod and it all goes down hill from there. Also takumi able to hurt you through full shield points fucking sucks.

also I didn't unlock most of paralogues. only corrin x jakob and xander x char. was too busy trying not to die to focus on being a ship master.

Yes, the Shrine Maidens won't Entrap units in the side corridor. This can allow for placement of units who can either kill the Master Ninja or Sorcs (in the event that the Entrapped units can't) or provide healing to the units such that they might be able to win the fight. It's also worth noting that a flier with a +Move support (no Boots required) can reach the stairs to either the Master Ninja or Sorc room from the upper deployment slots. As long as they can go there, they can also reach any of the other stairs on turn 2 (and the combat units in the Entrap rooms won't attack until turn 2 EP unless the player has already engaged them). The former gave me the opportunity to have Xander blick the Sorc or Camilla Lunge the Master Ninja or Berserker over the door (which is hilarious, BTW).

ok this is awesome news and I will see if I can abuse this. If I can get it down to like five minutes then I can accept the resets.

To fix the no-save-in-Endgame problem, why not drop down to Casual mode and make a battle save right before you kill Gooron in 27?

I was under the impression that once you drop down, you can't go back up in difficulty. Is this not true? because if I can go back to lunatic after dropping down to casual I would do it in a heart beat. I have already proven I can beat that chapter on lunatic so I don't care.

Edited by MrNight48

although the video is nice (wtf was is paladin corrin that strong), it doesn't help with my execution. I have no problems getting corrin to takumi, it's just corrin can't one shot takumi without dragon fang procs because as soon as it's his turn. My corrin eats 2 enfeebles and a hexing rod and it all goes down hill from there. Also takumi able to hurt you through full shield points fucking sucks.

also I didn't unlock most of paralogues. only corrin x jakob and xander x char. was too busy trying not to die to focus on being a ship master.

When I said "it helps with the understanding" I was referring to C27. As in, it helps you to understand how the Maid Entrap AI works and how you can use the stairs to achieve a faster clear. I wasn't talking about Endgame in my last post at all. Though, I should have probably made that more clear. (You should have seen the Paladin Corrin in my original CQ run. ~80Atk with the set-up I described earlier)

I know that Corrin can't ORKO reliably, that's why I started talking about C27. So that you can find a 2-3 minute clear of it for easy resetting and change your plan to rig DF procs again. As you've said, Corrin can hardly survive the enemy phase after Draconic Hex, two Enfeebles, a Hexing Rod and having already taken damage from Takumi before.

Ah, that can also partially explain why your team is underwhelming. I was able to get most characters to Level 20 or at the very least Level 18 by doing paralogues.

Edited by Cyas

Unfortunately I am working with 3 uses of rescue staffs. My biggest problem it seems is I can't find a way to bring in another heavy hitter. I still have a shit ton of gold saved for worst case scenario re-classing but my Xander is already lv20 and committed to char. He is amazing with sol and has 32-50 speed after char + speedtaker.

Three Rescue charges is almost all of them. While I'm not too familiar with the double-bruiser strat, I'm reasonably sure that 3 Rescues are enough to do it. Someone else would have to fill in the details, though.

32-50 Spd? Your Xander's definitely faster than mine was. Yours could probably easily fill the role, especially with Sol in his pocket (mine didn't have that benefit). Here's the videos in case you're interested in studying my strat.

Lunatic and Casual are on separate axes.

Dropping to Casual means you can never go back to Classic, to my understanding.

But you could stay Lunatic independently. Just Lunatic-Casual instead of Lunatic-Classic.

ah I see.

When I said "it helps with the understanding" I was referring to C27. As in, it helps you to understand how the Maid Entrap AI works and how you can use the stairs to achieve a faster clear. I wasn't talking about Endgame in my last post at all. Though, I should have probably made that more clear. (You should have seen the Paladin Corrin in my original CQ run. ~80Atk with the set-up I described earlier)

I know that Corrin can't ORKO reliably, that's why I started talking about C27. So that you can find a 2-3 minute clear of it for easy resetting and change your plan to rig DF procs again. As you've said, Corrin can hardly survive the enemy phase after Draconic Hex, two Enfeebles, a Hexing Rod and having already taken damage from Takumi before.

Ah, that can also partially explain why your team is underwhelming. I was able to get most characters to Level 20 or at the very least Level 18 by doing paralogues.

cool, it did give me some ideas on c27 so thank you for that.

Three Rescue charges is almost all of them. While I'm not too familiar with the double-bruiser strat, I'm reasonably sure that 3 Rescues are enough to do it. Someone else would have to fill in the details, though.

32-50 Spd? Your Xander's definitely faster than mine was. Yours could probably easily fill the role, especially with Sol in his pocket (mine didn't have that benefit). Here's the videos in case you're interested in studying my strat.

cheers. I probably should have made a thread earlier instead of letting the rage flow through me.

finally, I fucking beat it. I beat lunatic conquest classic.

never again. casual mode from here on out and I don't care.

ok so here is what I did.

I tested just soloing chapter 27 by low manning with corrin, xander and their backpacks. This went infinitely faster because y'all was right, the entrap maids won't do shit. Ironically xander could not deal with the ninja but could double the sage to oblivion. Corrin on the other hand could take any room so it didn't matter that she couldn't reach a corridor from her spot. Once they got to the stairs they could almost 1 round garon slime consistantly. So I backed out, reclassed xander back into paladin, had effie cook meat and beans thinking it would last to endgame too (it doesn't) and stocked up on str tonics. Once I did this they could 1 round the boss just fine as long as corrin attacked first for hex and xander to finish. All of this usually in 4-6 turns so yeah this made restart far more bearable and boy did I need it because the next part took some tries.

So I committed to the rescue chain cheese. Niles had pass and I happen to have a ejin corrin with pass, I don't think this is cheating because I actually had a pass falcoknight prisoner from chapter 24. It was taking awhile to make her join so I was fine using this staff using corrin. The hard part was 1 rounding takumi and after a few tries, it was clear master ninja with the str cap of 26 was not going to cut it. So I reclassed to great lord because noble dropped my skill and speed too low and use str tonics. This still wasn't enough. I tried pairing corrin with keaton for +5 str but it was like 24 dmg x2 so I decided to whip out gunther, reclassed him to wyvern lord just so my corrin could get +3 str and +3 dmg dealt. I also hilariously whipped out laslow for the clutch +1 str. So to recap I gave corrin

+4 rally str, +2 tonic, +1 footwork, +3 pair up, and +3 dmg from a personal skill for a grand total of 42 raw power. I was doing 26 dmg x2 on takumi. All I needed to win was dragon fang.

it never proc'd.

when I needed the skill the most, it never came. so I was like fuck it, not moving all these units because now that I got this down I am camping this fucker out. I end my turn and waited for the restart because you never know.

>elise dies

>azura dies

>laslow dies

>rally man dies

then something magical happens, takumi attacks before the staff users

I'm at 1 hp from all the salvage blow and wave bullshit. he has 41% hit. triggers vengence and

misses!

my jaw hits the motherfucking floor!

corrin straight up kills him because he has 23 hp left. I couldn't believe it, my favorite strat is counter killing and that is what won. Awakening skill op!

and that is how I finally won.

Gots to say, mad thanks to everyone for hearing me out and giving out solid strats because I was really just about to say fuck it and quit.