Anyone know some good Units to tackle the end of Conquest 26?

Avalanche

My next run of Conquest (Hard), I'm planning on no royals (minus Corrin and Azura). In my previous play through I relied on Xander (reclassed to Hero) and Corrin (Nohr Noble with Horse Spirit) to tank the last portion of 26 (the part w/Hammer Zerks and Beast Killer Generals). Since I can't use Xander (or Cam for that matter), anyone have some alternatives they like? Atm, I'm thinking Wyvern Lord Beruka w/Sol might do okay if her Speed is decent against the Zerks, but who knows?

Edited by Avalanche

My next run of Conquest (Hard), I'm planning on no royals (minus Corrin and Azura). In my previous play through I relied on Xander (reclassed to Hero) and Corrin (Nohr Noble with Horse Spirit) to tank the last portion of 26 (the part w/Hammer Zerks and Beast Killer Generals). Since I can't use Xander (or Cam for that matter), anyone have some alternatives they like? Atm, I'm thinking Wyvern Lord Beruka w/Sol might do okay if her Speed is decent against the Zerks, but who knows?

I found that giving Effie a Hammer let her wreck the Generals quickly and safely. TBH I gradually pulled everyone back into the sorc room over a few turns, whittling down the Generals while waiting for the Berserkers to catch up. I kind of fucked up killing the Generals, which meant I had to take one attack from a Tomahawk that could have critted Severa, but it was really safe otherwise.

Something cute that I like to do is getting a Draw staff on Felicia or Flora and pulll Hans from the bottom right corner of the left corridor, you should be able to do it from the right corridor too. This will cause reinforcements to trigger earlier and easier to deal with across the door with Levin Sword Corrin or Siegfried, on your terms.

Something cute that I like to do is getting a Draw staff on Felicia or Flora and pulll Hans from the bottom right corner of the left corridor, you should be able to do it from the right corridor too. This will cause reinforcements to trigger earlier and easier to deal with across the door with Levin Sword Corrin or Siegfried, on your terms.

I've Entraped Hans before, but never in that location (I've done it in the room above Iago early in the map). Cool tip, I'll keep it in mind!

Edited by Avalanche

Atm, I'm thinking Wyvern Lord Beruka w/Sol might do okay if her Speed is decent against the Zerks, but who knows?

I paired her up with Benny to get General and a defensive support partner. She has potentially amazing defense, but because of her bad speed she really wants that level 5 General skill.

My favorite strategy was preparing a Master Ninja Midori specifically for her to solo that section. I gave her a forged Dual Shuriken and Armorslayer, plus a Sunrise Katana and Kagero's Dart and tossed all my Energy Drops and Speedwings on her.

Her skillset was: Lancebreaker, Axebreaker, Awakening, Life and Death and Nohrian Trust. Plus, she was paired up with Witch Ophelia, solely for a decent but helpful speed bonus and Nohrian Trust skills. She had Miracle, Luna, Pavise and I don't remember the rest (Vengeance may have been one). I know that dodge tanking is less reliable, but it worked out surprisingly well. Although, it did take maybe 2 or 3 tries due to some bad luck with RNG.

My favorite strategy was preparing a Master Ninja Midori specifically for her to solo that section. I gave her a forged Dual Shuriken and Armorslayer, plus a Sunrise Katana and Kagero's Dart and tossed all my Energy Drops and Speedwings on her.

Her skillset was: Lancebreaker, Axebreaker, Awakening, Life and Death and Nohrian Trust. Plus, she was paired up with Witch Ophelia, solely for a decent but helpful speed bonus and Nohrian Trust skills. She had Miracle, Luna, Pavise and I don't remember the rest (Vengeance may have been one). I know that dodge tanking is less reliable, but it worked out surprisingly well. Although, it did take maybe 2 or 3 tries due to some bad luck with RNG.

How do you forge a Dual Shuriken in Conquest? I understand getting one from Rating but where does the other come from?

Anyways, my strategy for the bottom room is a little simpler for Lunatic. Entrap Hans kill from range as many before entering the room, once in I put in the range of as many Berserkers as possible a Hero Mozu!Sophie I usually have with Quick Draw, Strong Riposte, Elbow Room, Sol and Axebreaker. AI normally will cause all Berserkers to target the same unit, so Sophie will get frozen by one of the maids and dodge everything anyways because of WTA + Axebreaker. It is kind of risky if you leave someone very vulnerable in also in the range of Berserkers, or if Generals survive.

How do you forge a Dual Shuriken in Conquest? I understand getting one from Rating but where does the other come from?

Museum Melee.

Anyways, I'd likely go with Benny if I was restricting myself from using the royals (even if he takes a beating from Hammers). Also, if I'm coming from the left, I tend to retreat all the way back to the beginning, resulting in the Berserkers leaving the Generals in the dust by the time they can catch up. However, this does require you to be mindful of turns if you do this, because Iago.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Museum Melee.

Anyways, I'd likely go with Benny if I was restricting myself from using the royals (even if he takes a beating from Hammers). Also, if I'm coming from the left, I tend to retreat all the way back to the beginning, resulting in the Berserkers leaving the Generals in the dust by the time they can catch up. However, this does require you to be mindful of turns if you do this, because Iago.

What about Iago? He's not as Threatening unless he has a Hexing Rod, and even when he does he takes his sweet time cycling to them because he now has to cycle through 4 staves rather than 3.

What about Iago? He's not as Threatening unless he has a Hexing Rod, and even when he does he takes his sweet time cycling to them because he now has to cycle through 4 staves rather than 3.

I'd hate to end up getting frozen (or hexed, if playing Lunatic) when trying to separate the Berserkers from the Generals.

The best way to do the last part of that chapter is to open the final room from both sides at the same time, luring the berserkers with a sword unit(preferably Corrin) to the left while having the generals go right into a tanky unit. My Xander wasnt the best tank so I recommend tanking with Beruka, Effie, Benny or Silas(depends on how he turns out, for me he was a def capped monster). I recommend having 2-3 high def units at all times not just relying on Xander.

The best way to do the last part of that chapter is to open the final room from both sides at the same time, luring the berserkers with a sword unit(preferably Corrin) to the left while having the generals go right into a tanky unit. My Xander wasnt the best tank so I recommend tanking with Beruka, Effie, Benny or Silas(depends on how he turns out, for me he was a def capped monster). I recommend having 2-3 high def units at all times not just relying on Xander.

Ideally of course, but usually it's much harder to split your team to take on the Golems and Sorcerers with half an army each, than simply dealing with the bottom room team. Though Kaze can solo the Sorcs you do NOT want to be undermanned for the Stoneborn Assault as you absolutely need to clear that room in one turn.

I recently completed Conquest without any Royals save Corrin and Kana. It actually worked better than any time I used them, in fact. Here's who I had with me, with their class in brackets. I admit that I did grind supports to get the kids, but I didn't grind EXP, so all level ups were genuine (although getting Spy's Yumi and Spy's Shuriken from Visitor/Battle Rewards makes some bosses so, so much easier. Cheesed Takumi in Chapter 23 by Spy's Yumi-ing him to death with Mozu, for example).

Corrin (Nohr Noble)

Mozu (Kinshi-Knight)

Mozu!Kana (Swordmaster)

Peri!Midori (Mechanist)

Selena (Great Lord)

Beruka (Malig Knight)

Odin (Sorcerer)

Felicia!Ophelia (Witch)

Niles (Ballistician)

Nyx!Nina (Adventurer)

Keaton (Wolfssegner)

Selena!Velouria (Wolfssegner)

Beruka!Ignatius (General)

Effie!Sophie (Paladin)

Felicia (Maid)

Edited by DragonFlames

if you don't care about turn count/honor/etc. it's arguably safest on hard/luna ch26 to just shoot the door to the bottom section open and then run the hell away to the start. fighting zerkers and generals in a tight space is rather risky without an extremely good sorceror; once you have them in the relatively open room at the top of the map though, you can blitz them on player phase and not worry about taking a ton of attacks and status staff hits. unpair your units and use dual strikes+ranged weapons to get kills efficiently, and bring freeze staffs to neutralize any units that you lack the manpower to kill.

don't go into the left side of the map either. fighting the stoneborn and faceless horde just isn't worth it, and the chest they're guarding holds the fairly useless spy shuriken.

if you don't care about turn count/honor/etc. it's arguably safest on hard/luna ch26 to just shoot the door to the bottom section open and then run the hell away to the start. fighting zerkers and generals in a tight space is rather risky without an extremely good sorceror; once you have them in the relatively open room at the top of the map though, you can blitz them on player phase and not worry about taking a ton of attacks and status staff hits. unpair your units and use dual strikes+ranged weapons to get kills efficiently, and bring freeze staffs to neutralize any units that you lack the manpower to kill.

don't go into the left side of the map either. fighting the stoneborn and faceless horde just isn't worth it, and the chest they're guarding holds the fairly useless spy shuriken.

Well, one good thing to coming from the left is that you can effectively separate the Berserkers from the Generals, and by the time the Generals catch up to you, you'd likely have vaporised the Berserkers, as opposed to the risk of them still being together if you come from the right.

I managed to beat the chapter with just Corrin as a grandmaster with Nohrian Trust, Renewal, Hosihdan Unity, Quixotic, and Locktouch while paired with someone with Lethality, Vengeance, Astra, and Aether. Use horse spirit if you have it, tonics if you want a little boost, and avoid the left side. I lured the generals and berserkers into the corridor on the right and hid around the corner and picked them off.

if you can get through the stoneborn room on lunatic with iago alive, i highly doubt you need help getting through the bottom room

Well, I don't think it'd be viable on Lunatic, to be fair. And while I did make it work on Hard, that was only because I had trained Velouria to the point where she got Grisly Wound - else I would've gone right without a second thought.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Whenever in doubt, Dread Mozu.

Seriously, just reclass Mozu into dread fighter and she'll be amazing from beginning to end.

Honestly though for that last room you just need a good tank or two. Even counting the beastkillers and hammers if you have a good tank they should be fine. And if you can't use the royals, then I recommend Velouria. She usually makes a fantastic tank with a reasonably non-fragile mother and a beastrune. If you really want to make sure she's awesome, have Keaton marry Mozu, but that's honestly overkill.