[FE8] Lute Emblem: The Sacred Lutes

Bloodfox1998

Hey all! I made a rom hack/reskin thing for The Sacred Stones, entitled "Lute Emblem: The Sacred Lutes", and decided to post it here to see what you guys think. The patch can be downloaded below, and should be applied to a regular Sacred Stones rom (Which you'll need to find yourself). The hack replaces all the playable characters, as well as some major villains, with custom portraits, and changes their classes and growths. Some of the in game text is also changed as well.

Enjoy!

Lute Emblem Official Release.zip

Edited by Bloodfox1998

To answer your questions, EvilElectro,

1. That's a bug with the custom weapon he wields, a 1-2 range spear that drains life. I still have yet to figure out why that occurs.

2. Alondite has 5 MT to balance out the fact that it negates the defense and resistance of the enemy.

To answer your questions, EvilElectro,

1. That's a bug with the custom weapon he wields, a 1-2 range spear that drains life. I still have yet to figure out why that occurs.

2. Alondite has 5 MT to balance out the fact that it negates the defense and resistance of the enemy.

1. Ok, but it is pretty op tho.

2. IKNEWTHAT

I understand that, based of the game of the hack, Lute was going to be really powerful when promoted, but I feel that Hugh really pales in comparison. The fact that he has lower stats overall than Lute and that his Prf Legendary is only 1 point higher than Lute's makes me kinda sad.
I don't know if you plan to change something anytime soon, but I would like to see if at least Hugh could have higher defenses when promoted and just a bit more Magic, so at least he can have some contrast when compared to Lute.
And almost forgot, Rutger appears as a shaman instead of an assassain. Of course, I changed it back to a assassain, but is minor thing I saw during the playthough.

Besides from that, it is a really good and somewhat funny hack.

I'll have to keep that in mind if i even do a rebalance based on people's suggestions. Also, which route were you playing that Rutger appeared as a shaman, because from experience, he always spawned as an assassin for me.

i'm not very experienced with technical computer things, but is it possible to use it on a gba emulator for an android phone?

also what do you mean by applying it to the FE8 rom?

thanks

Ok, so basically the way most rom hack are given out, are through what are called "patches". It's just a generally safer way of distributing them because as you know, giving out ROMs is actually illegal. So what the patch file does is it basically replaces the files from the game with the ones from the hack. To do this, one would need to download a program called a patcher. The patcher allows one to apply the patch to the specific rom it goes to. I recommend the Tsukuyomi UPS patcher in this case. So to use the patcher, one would download the patch from the original post, and have the rom file, in this case, a regular sacred stones rom. Unzip the sacred stones rom from the zip file it came in and unzip the patch as well. Open Tsukoyomi and click apply patch to rom. Then you will be prompted to sellect a patch followed by which rom you wish to apply it to. Should you do everything correctly, a message saying the rom was patched successfully should pop up. After this the rom can be run normally from the emulator. As for running it on a gba emulator, it should work if you place the rom file where ever you would normally store roms for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying it so far, but there's something that seems off: The Starpiercer bow seems to be unusable, no attack range indicators show up when I move a Sniper that has the bow equipped. Is this unintentional or is it counterattack only?

I've been enjoying it so far, but there's something that seems off: The Starpiercer bow seems to be unusable, no attack range indicators show up when I move a Sniper that has the bow equipped. Is this unintentional or is it counterattack only?

I haven't played this, but I assume the bow has an attack range outside the usual values (1-1, 2-2, 1-2, 2-3, 3-10, 3-15), so the R-button Range value will say -- and the squares won't highlight properly. It should still be able to attack, though you'll have to figure out what exactly its range is.

The Starpiercer Bow has a range of 2-4, but the game doesn't display it correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the game(lutes route) 'hard mode'. That excalibur tome is incredibly overpowered;1-3 range with brave weaponry effects. I soloed erk and the demon king with hugh(and he is crap compared to lute).

Overall I liked it, some mugs were meh and it was pitifylly easy.

Whats with etul and lute lol, hackers joke? Both characters rock though.

• 4 weeks later...

Growth rates would be interesting to see. I was expecting Dart to be like his old self and almost never hit his skill growth. Much to my surprise, its been ticking along very nicely. Have most characters had growth tweaks or has he simply been blessed beyond compare? I suspected they would have either base FE8 character equivalent growth or their original growths from the game they came from.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...