I just defeated the secret boss

I just achieved my ultimate goal in this game: defeat the secret boss in Lunatic. Considering that I play the Japanese version and started last December (9½ months ago), I'm actually late.

[spoiler=Boss name and tactic, although there isn't much to reveal]M-DEUS, I mean.

After attempting to fight this boss with 90s in my stats and failed, I kept grinding for shards using the DLC map. After several dozen rounds of shard exchanges and raising my stats to about 160~180 with Ellie's skill at 200 (which is quite a bit higher than most walkthrough videos show), I just tackled M-DEUS like any regular boss. As long as you don't let the reinforcements suicide (and heal, in case of the Bishops) and keep lowering the enemy's hit rate (while having at least 150 speed), you'll be fine.

Also, like the grinding process itself, Ellie's ability to eliminate all enemies is very handy. The fight took me 16 rounds, by the way.

I thought griding wouldn't work at first, since the griding fights themselves felt like I only improved marginally along the way, and I had no way to test my speed because enemies would miss anyway.

This is one of those moments when I think I'd have a lot to say, but not actually. I came triumphant, and the tension was still higher than that of any other boss, but fundamentally, the boss isn't fought any differently.

So now I just have to beat the main story boss, then process to complete the game for a third time, and it's 100% completion for me. I said this before, but finishing this game isn't nearly as tedious as trying to complete all FE Fates support conversations.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I wanna take on the secret boss on Lunatic but tbh I don't have it in me to start alllll over again.

That has to be at a later date. Congrats though!

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Did you have problems with the sidequests? Imo some were annoying.

No. I could clear most of them at the suggested level. If not, they're most certainly beatable at the suggested level plus 2 or 3. The secret boss I mentioned was the only one that requires grinding.