Nyx

MeddlingMage

A Pair Up that boosts her Bulk is helpful. You could also give her something like Lightning to take advantage of it's Brave Effect and her super high Magic to get over it's bad MT. Using her like an Archer (I.E. someone who only does things on Player Phase) is preferable, because her durability is terrible w/o some help.

Edited by Avalanche

I didn't notice a problem using her in conquest Lunatic. She's a glass cannon, just keep her in the backline and she'll be able to deal the finishing blow easily, especially in the first few chapters after you acquire her. If I remember she does 20 base damage on most enemies with her stronger tome at those levels, so if she hits she's a very useful backline unit, the only downsides are you have to rely on ~60% hit rates and dedicate resources to protect her.

Yeah, she's a player phase unit. Keep her away from the attack ranges of enemies you haven't marked for death and she should be fine. As such she makes great use of a lightning tome if it's used sparingly.

Her skill isn't fantastic though, which is a drag, but she gets a +20 hit bonus from attacking point blank as long as she can survive a single hit and you can spare a haler. There are also secret books, not like they're of much use otherwise.

Just don't let her take damage. Or at the very least -- giving her a HP tonic should be enough to survive an archer or something.

Her only real issues for the role she performs are her early game offence and her accuracy. Her early game is kinda bad because her magic isn't high enough to deal good amounts of damage to make up for the fact she cannot double.

However, what I did in my last run was class change Odin to a Myrmidon, and then just made him pair up with her almost permanently. 16 base SPD is enough to double most things at her join time. And you get a really good Ophelia to boot. See if you can forge her a +2 Fire tome as well to help with accuracy (that doesn't hamper her damage). But +1 is fine and easy enough to achieve.

This is one the most effective ways to use her in Lunatic efficiently IMO (should you want to use her).

Edited by DLuna

Her only real issues for the role she performs are her early game offence and her accuracy. Her early game is kinda bad because her magic isn't high enough to deal good amounts of damage to make up for the fact she cannot double.

However, what I did in my last run was class change Odin to a Myrmidon, and then just made him pair up with her almost permanently. 16 base SPD is enough to double most things at her join time. And you get a really good Ophelia to boot. See if you can forge her a +2 Fire tome as well to help with accuracy (that doesn't hamper her damage). But +1 is fine and easy enough to achieve.

This is one the most effective ways to use her in Lunatic efficiently IMO (should you want to use her).

Odin as a swordmaster... Is that class useful in a lunatic Conquest run? I mean, that class isn't meant to always be behind the front lines. And front lines in Conquest are mainly always Effie, Benny and Xander. A swordmaster would be useful to strike without getting hit, and this situation is barely seen throughout the game without having to retaliate in the enemy's phase.

And isn't Leo great for her magic and defence. And he is also a good husband, as Forrest would be quite broken.

I'm not trying to point out that you're wrong or anything like that. I'm just trying to learn, because I'm planning my own lunatic run. :D

Odin as a swordmaster... Is that class useful in a lunatic Conquest run? I mean, that class isn't meant to always be behind the front lines. And front lines in Conquest are mainly always Effie, Benny and Xander. A swordmaster would be useful to strike without getting hit, and this situation is barely seen throughout the game without having to retaliate in the enemy's phase.

And isn't Leo great for her magic and defence. And he is also a good husband, as Forrest would be quite broken.

I'm not trying to point out that you're wrong or anything like that. I'm just trying to learn, because I'm planning my own lunatic run. :D

You only change Odin to a Myrmidon for the speed boost he gives on pair up. If you actually want to use him as a unit, then that's a different story altogether. But this is about utilizing Nyx the best. And I probably wouldn't actively use both Nyx and Odin in any given PT.

Nyx's problems isn't mid/late game since her role of killing any thing she targets on player phase is fine, especially when given a lightning tome. Her durability isn't an issue because if you're playing properly she isn't getting hit. She isn't an enemy phase unit.

Her main issue is performing said role early when her speed isn't good enough to double. The +4 she can get from Odin will solve that, and you get a good child.

Edited by DLuna

I plan on having Nyx marrying Jakob and Leo marrying Felicia, this time around. I can't put Odin with Nyx because Odin is marrying the Avatar this time around.

Is it better to turn Nyx into a Witch or a Dark Falcon????

@ DaveLeon: I may have to do that right after see gets Malefic Aura. I wasn't planning on using the DLC that much. But think I can turn Nyx into a witch.

Edited by MeddlingMage

I plan on having Nyx marrying Jakob and Leo marrying Felicia, this time around. I can't put Odin with Nyx because Odin is marrying the Avatar this time around.

Is it better to turn Nyx into a Witch or a Dark Falcon????

@ DaveLeon: I may have to do that right after see gets Malefic Aura. I wasn't planning on using the DLC that much. But think I can turn Nyx into a witch.

Both will boost her Skill (the actual stat and it's Growth), so woo for that. Dark Flyer will probably be the most immediately useful, due to the mobility and the prospect of getting Galeforce down the line. That being said, Witch (I think) provides better Pair Up Bonuses (Especially for Jakob who is looking for some more Speed) and Warp (At the same time you would get Galeforce if you wanted to go Dark Flyer).

Personally, I'd say it's pretty even. Is she going to be your main Magic user? Just curious.

Edited by Avalanche

Then you could save the witch's mark for Ophelia if you want her to be your main glass cannon. She can be recluitable in the mid-game. So wasting such valuable items on Nyx knowing that she is going to become obsolete really soon isn't the best idea. You could use the cantine to improve speed if you want. And tonics won't hurt either. So yeah, happy gaming!

What I like to do with her, and mages in general is to never pair them and always use them as dual attackers. Her survival is for the most part a matter of knowing the enemy, never allowing her to engage non-magical enemies in the enemy turn. It's wise to always use her at the start of your turn to kill nearby enemies so she stays protected as you push the enemy forward.

You can use online to marry anyone to Odin to unlock Ophelia's paralogue, there you can get a Calamity Gate, Lightning tome and Horse Spirit. All 3 key tomes for any magical unit.

Would turning her into a Dark Falcon be a good thing. I do have 2 of them. Then I can save the Witch's Mark for Ophelia.

Yes Dark Falcon Nyx is kinda broken. Nyx's own growths in Speed and Magic are synergized with Dark Falcon's high base in speed and high base in magic. Moreover, this also gives Nyx 8 movement unrestricted allowing her to carry other units around and to attack from unusual, safer angles. It's wise to get Nyx to level 10, however to get her skill that increases magical damage. If you manage to get a single ping in speed and get speed +2 during chapter 10 in Conquest she can actually One-Round Hinata from her speed.

Another good Dark Falcon is Leo himself, as it fixes his low speed base.

@ SalShich10N:

So basically feed her enough skills this chapter to get her to level 10 for Malefic Aura and then change her into a Dark Falcon for Speed +2 in the same chapter. That will be fun.

I was able to milk KIlma for experience using Odin and Niles during chapter 8.. I got Odin and Niles to level 10 and I got Elise and Jakob to level 13 and 14 respectively.

So basically feed her enough skills this chapter to get her to level 10 for Malefic Aura and then change her into a Dark Falcon for Speed +2 in the same chapter. That will be fun.

I was able to milk KIlma for experience using Odin and Niles during chapter 8.. I got Odin and Niles to level 10 and I got Elise and Jakob to level 13 and 14 respectively.

You don't really need Malefic Aura, if you need her as a Dark Falcon ASAP, but that'd hardly be necessary. ooh, Elise is over level 10 before chapter 9? If you promote her now by buying a Master Seal she'll become an absolute monster in the next few chapters.

Thanks for your help guys. Just got done Chapter 9 and the Invasion 1 and Nyx is a level 12 Dark Falcon with the following stats:

HP: 23

STR: 5

SPD: 26

MAG: 18

LCK: 8

SKILL: 13

DEF: 7

RES: 16

All the bold is her stat increase when she has the Horse Spirit as her main weapon.

Edited by MeddlingMage

@ SalShich10N:

You get it through the Visit Rewards. Where you can get most of the good Hoshidan weapons.

I did give her a Speedwing and a Spirit Dust to help her out, then I just paired up with Jakob and she just started having fun.

I did keep her a Dark Mage until level 10, so she did gain Malefic Aura, plus she destroyed all 3 of the archers near the boss single-handedly.

Edited by MeddlingMage

I let her run threw knight and general class for more bulk,then class her to witch for more speed and avoid,she became a threat on player and enemy phase

Stats currently:

Hp 45

Str 20

Mag 39

Skill 37

Spd 47

Luck 35

Def 30

Res 34

Edited by Antsims93