Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!

Elieson

Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite male character?

• Arthur
    • Asugi
    • Azama
    • Benny
    • Corrin (M)
    • Dwyer
    • Forrest
    • Fuuga
    • Gunter
    • Hayato
    • Hinata
    • Hisame
    • Ignatius
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kaden
    • Kana (M)
    • Kaze
    • Keaton
    • Kiragi
    • Laslow
    • Leo
    • Niles
    • Odin
    • Percy
    • Ryoma
    • Saizo
    • Shigure
    • Shiro
    • Shura
    • Siegbert
    • Silas
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Xander
    • Yukimura
  2. 2. Who is your favorite female character?

• Anna
    • Azura
    • Beruka
    • Caeldori
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Corrin (F)
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Felicia
    • Flora
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagero
    • Kana (F)
    • Midori
    • Mitama
    • Mozu
    • Nina
    • Nyx
    • Oboro
    • Ophelia
    • Orochi
    • Peri
    • Reina
    • Rhajat
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Scarlet
    • Selena
    • Selkie
    • Setsuna
    • Soliel
    • Sophie
    • Velouria
  3. 3. Do you prefer playing as Male or Female Corrin?

• Male
    • Female
  4. 4. Which of the three games did you enjoy the most?

• Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keaton and Velouria. They're such adorkable weirdos.

I love them!

Takumi, Hinata, and Kaze come close for males. Benny and Kiragi are faves of mine, too.

Mitama, Charlotte, Orochi and Setsuna really grew on me and are among my most used units, but the fave has to go to my wolf daughter.

Male- Kaze, because he is without a doubt the most likable male in the game. He never clings to a gimmick in order to stay interesting, he just picks a personality and runs with it. And thankfully its a good personality. Shoutout to Takumi and Hinata as my runner-ups.

Female- Azura. Just Azura. Maybe not the most interesting character plot wise, but at least one you can sympathize with (or maybe it's just me). And Rena's singing. :drool: It's so good!

Avatar gender- Male, because I'm not female. And I guess I consider avatar characters as vessels for the player as opposed to puppets we design and drop into the world. When you look at it that way, I'm going male no doubt.

Game: Birthright. I haven't finished Revelations yet, but I don't really need to in order to caopare them gameplay-wise because Birthright is more manageable for me already (too many characters for my taste in Revelations). Conquest just makes me feel like a jerk (and it's maybe a bit too tough). Overall Birthright's more fun because it let's me play the way I want to without making me feel like I missed something for doing it.

Best Male: Takumi, by a slim margin against Leo. Both are not only the best written, but they're the most relatable and/or realistic. I voted Takumi because he's one of a few characters among the Hoshido bunch who actually has some grayness to his morality.

Best Female: Take a wild guess... She's another character who has a flawed perspective, and she is a unique concoction among a sleuth of gimmick characters and... "returning" characters. She's possibly the most human character in this whole game, and her love for fashion isn't done in a way that is demeaning; in fact, it brings a great perspective on appearances to the table. Plus, other than the racism and scary face, there's not much you can hate about her.

Preferred Gender: I dislike male Corrin slightly more than I do female Corrin. However, the poll asked which one I prefer playing, not which one I like better. Even though you gain easy access to all classes as female, I do prefer to play male. Sure, I like him less, I get less options, and I don't like the cosmetics as much, but if I play as male Corrin, I get to see a side of certain characters that one wouldn't normally see otherwise. So I prefer him if only to open up other characters.

Preferred Path: It's a little difficult to say which one. Birthright's story is the least harmful, but also the easiest one. Conquest is the more challenging one, but there's two caveats to this: one, it caters to my natural play style, so it naturally isn't too difficult for me; and two, it has my least favorite story of the three. Revelation strikes the middle ground in both cases, but since it gives me access to all the support options (a number of them which are actually good), I ultimately like it the most.

Male Vote: Arthur - Can not resist "FOR GREAT JUSTICE!" Essentially, he's just a guy always trying to do the right thing, even if his luck fails him or if the world is against him. Also, his design is amazing.

Honorable Mentions

- Leo: A well written character and cool character overall. It's Leo, mate, not much else to say.

- Xander: He has his moments, but I'm more of a fan of his design and usage than his story presentation.

- Laslow: Biased since I had Morgan marry Inigo in Awakening, and he was a beast back then. I also enjoy his more mature portrayal in Fates.

- Odin: While I prefer Owain's design more than Odin's, it's still the same guy at the end of the day. One of my favorite parts about his character is when he drops the act and is serious for a while.

- Benny: It's the classic gentle giant character. It's Benny. He's an honorable mention. Now go cuddle with the bears.

- Takumi: I would mention Takumi, but I honestly forgot what was good about him character-wise. It's been a couple months since I touched Fates, so...

Female Vote: Flora - While I ended up marrying my male Avatar to other characters (Azura for canon, Ophelia on my endgame file), I think Flora is probably the best one out of all of them. Torn between loyalties, she is somewhat of a tragic character who reacts somewhat realistically given her situation. Her sendoff in Birthright could use some work though, and where is that Jakob support! (although he's still a jerk.)

Honorable Mentions

- Elise and Sakura: They reeled me in on this one as I tend to be a sucker for adorable things. Between the two I'll go with Elise due to her more fleshed out character and storyline importance.

- Selena: Awakening bias and another character I like in general. It's nice to see her mature a little, but still keep her old self intact.

- Mozu: It's the farmer girl who kicks butt! Sniper Mozu best Mozu.

- Oboro: It's been repeated countless times, and here I go again. One of the best written characters in Fates. She has a hobby, a dream, a desire for vengeance, a love interest, even hatred toward Nohr! Name some characters that have that many different things going for them aside the "one-stop gimmick" train.

- Felicia: She grew on me as I played throughout the game, and part of it may be the voice actress. She sounds real for some reason, while clumsy she tries her best to serve Corrin. It is this "realism" of sorts that lands her being an honorable mention.

- Ophelia: Essentially a female Odin. I'm a fan of the design (especially if she is blonde, callbacks to Lissa), but the voice is something I still question to this very day.

Gender Vote: Male

As a guy I tend to main a male character, but I tend to play with both 50/50 most of the time. Honestly, I have no real preference, but I tend to like the more mature forms of Corrin than the younger ones.

Path Vote: Conquest

Gameplay, music, and characters are the main reasons for Conquest. Birthright has its moments and Revelations is the "ultimate route", but I see more mentions of Conquest's Chapter 10 than other chapters in other routes. Seriously, if Conquest became standalone and its story was fixed, it may be one of the best Fire Emblem games out there.

This was my post from the pre-release topic.

Leo for the males because I've heard good things about him, Xander, and Takumi, but his design and personality are the most interesting of the three to me. I'm looking forward to all three of them though.

Oboro for the females. Ever since we saw her, I totally loved her smug face and that she's a lance fighter. Surprised to see her doing so well. I hope she's an interesting character.

I'm glad to say my top favourites haven't changed-- IMO Leo and Oboro are some of the best written characters in the game.

My other choices though have changed somewhat... Before release, my top picks would've probably been something like this:

Guys: Leo, Xander, Takumi, Kaze, Niles

Gals: Oboro, Camilla, Nyx, Rinkah, Scarlet

And now:

Guys: Leo, Takumi, Hinata, Saizo, Niles

Gals: Oboro, Camilla, Elise, Flora, Scarlet

Xander was a total disappointment, while Kaze is just bland. Hinata was a surprise. He's not a very complex character but he's a very likeable one and is part of the Awesome Fates Trinity with Takumi and Oboro.

Nyx has a very cool design, but she ended up being really annoying and not very good as a unit. Rinkah I still like, but I was a bit underwhelmed because she needs a bit too much attention. Flora and Elise were a surprise, I enjoyed their roles in all three paths and they turned out to be much better characters than I expected.

I voted for male Kamui, just because I tend to choose male avatars.

Conquest was my favourite path because of the gameplay and it has more characters I enjoy, plus the story, while bad, was at least intriguing to see just wtf would happen next. Birthright is dull, and Revelation is a boring mess.

-Xander

-Flora

I like the two above the most for various reasons; design, voice, role in the story, etc. While I ultimately think they both did some stupid crap, I'm attracted to such flaws, so it's all good in my book. I can't agree with them, but boy do I understand them!

-Male Corrin

Only because I usually play male characters, otherwise, Corrin is a pretty abysmal character regardless of gender. I hate the design and fighting animations as well.

-Conquest

The only route that doesn't bore me, I also think it has the best selection of music of all three routes.

Favorite Male Character: Leo
Mostly because he's a Dark Knight and is one of my favorite Promoted Class (even though I don't have Dark Knight in my Awakening save...). Plus, that awesome Tome and his smirk as Busterman64 mentioned lol.

Favorite Female Character: Caeldori
Because she's my favorite from Awakening and she's cute.

Corrin's Gender: Male Corrin.

I guess it's because you can be the Grandmaster class as male... there's a lot of weird reason but this is the biggest one.

Favorite Route: Revelation.
I do not enjoy seeing people dying and prefer to get everyone if possible. I never liked the idea of leaving my people/soldiers behind even if there's a Casual Mode (I like Classic cause it makes it Fire Emblem). Otherwise, Conquest because I like Nohr's side more.

That's about most of it.

Male: Ryoma, I guess. I like a lot of male characters actually

Female:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_33d7cb3gtz28

Male Corrin. I like playing Vanguard and Lodestar.

Don't really have a favourite route. I liked all of them in different ways, but I guess I'll say Rev because PVP.

Shigure was my favorite male character because I have grown fond of him in my main roster of units. As for my favorite female character, it was Midori because I really like her critical hit quotes. As for the gender of Corrin, I prefer male Corrin just because. Didn't really prefer a female Corrin to be honest. I did like Revelation out of the three story lines because it had a good story and I hate making choices in general.

My opinions are the same from before since I regrettably spoiled myself on most of the game before hand, except I think I voted for Leo last time and Takumi ended up overtaking him for me....

Favorite Male: Takumi. He alongside Leo continue to be some of my favorite male characters simply for being some of the best written of the supposedly most important characters in Fates. Takumi won out for me simply because not only did I begin to realize how I personally identified with his struggle of feeling incompetent compared to others, but his less honorable desires for recognition for his strengths/actions and even his own fear of seeing others "less skilled" than him over take him struck a chord with me. And the best thing is that the game treated his problems like actual problems, not simply reasons for people to mollycoddle him like certain fangirls do unfortunately.

Also he's really fun to use. Marrying him to Rinkah to get him Death Blow on my first playthrough was worth it.

Honorable Mentions:

• Leo - Wonderful character for similar reasons to Takumi as well as the mini-development he went through in Forrest's paralogue; mainly suffers from holding the idiot ball in Conquest and being the worst of the royals in combat (Brynhildr is absolutely useless)
  • Niles - Surprisingly deep character with really hilarious moments. Had his backstory been examined further rather than the few tibits we got from his support with Leo
  • Siegbert - I know a lot of people don't like him, but I can't help but adore him. Ignoring his derpy mullet, his personality is a frighteningly accurate portrayal of what happens to someone when they grow up thinking they'll never amount to anything compared to their family. I know this from personal experience, and it makes me happy to see a character like this shown off without turning this flaw into, once again, a reason for fangirls to fawn over them.

Favorite Female: Beruka. Even now, I still love her. She's surprisingly complex for a person of few words. Despite being an "emotionless killing machine", we see plenty of times where she's capable of showing emotion and selflessness. She doesn't kill Xander immediately even though she was told to simply because she knows what it would do to Camilla should she go through with the job, she shows remorse over the fact that she's continuing a cycle of brutal killings between Hoshido and Nohr that may never end in her support with Saizo, she shows forgiveness to the deceased mother she never knew and never hated her, knowing that she did what she had to do in her support with Niles, and for Oboro, she even offers her own life because she doesn't want Oboro to go on never able to fulfill the revenge that she dreamed of for so long. Nothing can stop me from loving her character. Also she's really fun to use, so bonus points.

Honorable Mentions:

• Oboro - Pretty much everyone loves her, so I don't think an explanation is necessary.
  • Flora - For being one of the few characters with logical motivations/reactions. Suffers in the story though because grills.
  • Elise and Sakura - For being made to be loli-bait, the two are actually very unique characters whose ideals lead them to different paths. Elise places all her faith in her family and lets her blind idealism guide her path, which eventually leads to her untimely downfall in Birthright, while Sakura's pride for Hoshido and willingness to stand with what she believes is right leads her into combat against Corrin and eventual capture in Conquest. It's a shame they didn't do too much with them otherwise, as with the proper character growths, these two would've ended up wonderful.

Preferred Avatar: Female; I will have all the children.

Favorite Route: Conquest simply because the gameplay alone is absolutely godly. No seriously, Conquest gameplay is the only reason Fates is my favorite FE.

Having not completed all 3 stories yet I'm probably up in the air with who would be my favourites atm but there have been some that have stood out to me. If I'd done all the supports I could be more accurate but for now the most recent ones in my mind shall take priority, them being:

Male Vote: Azama - He's just such an amusing fella. He grew up in a family devoted to religion and yet doesn't take his role seriously, he has fun getting a reaction from people with his blunt statements, and overall he's just an entertaining character. I guess some people may not like a character like that but personally I found him quite enjoyable and as a unit is pretty solid.

Runner ups:

Niles - Amusing supports, interesting background and a great mage killer

Saizo - A tough guy with some solid supports. Currently using him in Rev and he's doing great.

Leo - My favourite of the Nohr royals and would have made a better leader than Corrin in everyway. Also was one of the few character to call out Azura on her secrecy bullshit.

Arthur - He may be a bit gimmiky with the justice schtick and may make think of a male Cynthia but god damn if he isn't likable. He's a nice guy and his support with Azura was lovely.

Takumi - Favourite of the Hoshidan royals. Get's the most development in the story and is sympathetic in his frustrations in Conquest. His distrust in people he meets may come across as rather tsuderish but I don't feel like it bothers me much. Also how can you say no to the crit train that is Takumi?

Female Vote: Mozu - I've always had a soft spot for the country characters and Mozu fits it like a tee. Despite her unfortunate situation of having lost her family and town to the faceless she's a tough country gal who even gets to teach the royals a thing or two in her supports. Despite her tough situation to level her up she can be well worth it in the end and she carried me through my first birthright playthrough. Also not bogged down by any gimmicks which is always a plus.

Runner ups:

Hana - Almost made my vote but lost out to Mozu. Despite the hate she gets for her Corrin support, if you look past that little blunder in writing she's a nice, competitive character with a tomboyish feel. One of my favourites design wise and is my go to glass cannon myrmidon alongside Ryoma.

Oboro - Another solid character with a great design, solid performance and not bogged down by gimmicks.

Nyx - Despite her fan servicy design (which is just the norm for dark mages now) I like her. Her long hair and headpiece are a nice touch and her character is interesting. It's nice to have a more bitter, distant character in the bunch alongside the happy joy like ones.

Beruka - More to her than meets the eye. Another interesting character to have in the bunch and has an interesting background. Also solidly designed.

Orochi - The fact that she ranked last in the official fates popularity chart still baffles me. She's such a cute, mischevous character and is also rocking a neat design that does fanservice right in my opinion)

Sakura - Another character that was more than meets the eye for me. While she's all shy and cute, she has a tough determinated spirit inside her that I find quite appealing, from helping Saizo out even with his loud objections to sticking around the Fort in Conquest to defend her lands from Nohr. She's pretty solid.

Corrin Gender: Male (Haven't played FCorrin yet), Honestly I'd prefer to play as a more competent lord than either Corrins.

Game: Conquest - While it is hands down the worst story of the 3 (although all 3 are pretty bad) it has hands down the best gameplay of the bunch and probably the best gameplay I've had with this franchise in a while since the Tellius series. Solid maps, fair challenge (except Ch 25 due to ninja poison alley) and good music to boot.

Best Male:

1. Leo

2. Takumi

3. Xander

4. Niles

5. Kaze

Best Female:

1. Oboro

2. Elise

3. Flora

4. Hana

5. Rinkah/Charlotte

Male Avatar (because my room makes doing female avatars weird...)

Conquest absolutely no question, the best path it has the best gameplay story and characters out of all the routes for me. Even if the story complement is very backhanded, as the other two Paths stories just put me to sleep. In the end since none of the stories in the games were good it doesn't matter if one is slightly better than the other at that point all that matters Gameplay.

Edited by Locke087

Leo: I go back and forth between Leo and Xander, but a few days ago my partner and I were leafing through Leo's supports and damn there's just so much good stuff there. He's a nerd but he's very human; competent but riddled by insecurities, but rises above them, and bounces off almost everyone so well. Oh yeah and his design is amazing, more mages in armour plz.

Honourable mentions: Xander, Arthur, Niles, Odin, Azama

Camilla: Her backstory was one of the things I found most interesting about Fates writing, and I love how it shaped her into someone who is simultaneously messed up yet simultaneously admirable and competent. I also like her design a lot (especially that smirk when she matches up well against an enemy), at least when I don't notice the panty window (and fortunately most shots of her hide it).

Honourable mentions: Beruka, Oboro, Elise, Selena, Nina

Female Corrin: I actually prefer her very strongly. To me, male Corrin changes the tone of the game in a few ways to give it some weird kinda sexist tones. You get all five male royals wielding special snowflake Gary Stu weapons (and zero of the women), and the behaviour of some of the female royals comes across as far weirder and more pandery if Corrin is their brother instead of sister. This is just the vibe I get and I'm not saying anyone who doesn't feel them is wrong, but it's enough to more or less ruin male Corrin for me. I alternated between female and male Robin, but with Corrin that isn't happening.

(Male Corrin also has stupid hair.)

Conquest: That gameplay is just so good, and I like its characters quite a lot better than Birthright's on average (in particular, I uh hardly like any Birthright-unique male characters, I noticed). I liked its map music more too, but that could just be an association speaking. Nothing agianst the other two routes; I certainly enjoyed them too. Even Revelation is a lot of fun, despite its plot.

I can't really hone down on my favorite Male and Female characters but for Male I picked Siegbert (Runners up: Shiro, Kaden, Leo, Saizo, Kaze, Xander, Forrest) and for Female I picked Ophelia (Runners up: Camilla, Charlotte, Oboro, Felicia, Setsuna, Sakura, Elise).

I find Siegbert relatable with his being pushed around and trouble saying no part of his personality and with Ophelia, I found her ok at first but her supports with Midori skyrocketed her to one of my favorites.

As for Gender and Favorite Path, I usually play as F!Corrin and I enjoyed Revelation the most.

Also, I was wondering, will we see a least-favorite version of this poll? I think it'd be interesting to see.

Edited by CooledSheep

Arthur: FOR JUSTICE! Cam Clarke nailed the voice acting for this character, it really brings the character together.

Selena: Awakening waifu, great unit in Conquest as well, can be the mother of Cordelia 2.0.

Male: I'm male and thus prefer playing as a male (and the lack of good yuri options...)

Conquest: Best gameplay, many of the game's best songs, most of my favorite characters are from Nohr. Played it on Hard when it came out, currently playing it on Lunatic.

If Revelation wasn't so poorly balanced and didn't have such weird map gimmicks passing off as "mechanics", it might've been my favorite based on min-maxing alone. Sadly, the game is merely something you play so you can reach the point where you a have 65+ character roster to form some nice PvP teams or simply have fun leveling everyone.

Laslow: Inigo was the first to max out in awakening and he was one of my best characters in CQ normal and hard. Plus he's awesome.

Sakura: Healers are normally weak, but I always used Sakura or Elise (mainly Sakura) in my hard mode playthrough

Male: I am not the type of person to make a fem avatar to give a unit Dragon Fang, Nobility, Dragonic Hex, ect.

Revelation: For all the units, and I'm the king of Valla!

Honestly surprised at how much love Arthur is getting. At first I suspected donkey voting but the trend does not appear to be continued in any other category.

At any rate, Benny is the best bloke. I like to think I'm an Aussie version of him (ie. more... callous? more of a dick? I dunno, can't think of the right word)

I saw another comment in the thread I agree with, that the female characters weren't particularly appealing to me. In the end I chose Peri and I don't know why (like most of the time I choose to pursue a woman).

I'm pretty indifferent about Male/Female Corrin, chose female because why not.

Revelations for sure. I love how playing through it and then playing through Birthright and Conquest again (and just replaying in general) you pick up on all the little things in the story.

For the guys, Laslow. he was cool in awakening and he remains so in fates.

For the girls, Selena was #1. I like her personality and she is a decent combatant.

I play male Corrin, but i should probably give female Corrin a try some day.

Finally, my favorite of the three was conquest. Fun characters and missions besides rout the enemy.

Forrest and Nyx.

Female Corrin, because male Corrin just rubs me the wrong way.

And Conquest. Although, as much as I like Conquest far more than Revelation, the first two routes kind of ignore the main villain, which leaves you with the assumption that things will eventually take a major turn for the worse... At least, that's what I imagine the logical outcome of that would be. So, as much as I like Conquest and don't like Revelation, I'm incapable of choosing any route but the obviously right one, now... I should probably get over that, so I can enjoy the game more when I replay it...

Edited by Frenzify

Ok the choose was a little tough:

Male:

Arthur: the All might of Fire emblem, this guys is funny.

Odin: he is the bigger winner for me, still got his epic speech and have madure alot since awakening.

Lazlow: Like Odin he madure alot, still have his flirt and fail tendency that make him unique since he was introduced in awakening.

Benny: At first this guy never got my attention, but after a pair of supports i really like this giant with hear of gold.

Honorable mention:

Takumi, Xander, Shiro and Azama.

Female:

Oboro: she have alot of good supports, the only i dont like of her is her racist against all Nohr thinking that all are evil ( since her trauma as a child)

Selena: Personal favorite, i like how they make her more madure like her friends, is more sure of herself, and she never give up in anything also she was a good unit in conquest.

Elise: Our favorite cinnamon rolls, the girl is so sweet that i get diabetes.

Soleil: literally Lazlow with chest, she archive where his father lack, hitting on girls and success, i see that funny.

Honorable mention:

Sakura, Felicia, Beruka, Flora and Ophelia.

My Unit choose:

Since this game is more focus on the female counterpart ( epilogue and unit you get) , i always choose the male for my adorable daughter Kanna, i dont care if i lose a unit, after all i wont train all just the ones i like and in Revelation i will be the King.

Path:

this was really tough:

Conquest: It have the best gameplay of all the routes, make you think hard and pray the RNG that the enemy miss is, this path is really challenging in Lunatic, the story maybe not the best but still see another perspective of siding with the evil team and trying to save the little moral of you home. the only i dont like is after chapter 26 you cant do anything in case you buy the dlc for exp, money and weapons.

Revelation: The happy ending route, i would like to it be a expansion of conquest or birthright, since Anankos in those parallels worlds still alive. well the gameplay is not as impresive as conquest, the maps take to long to complete ( after chapter 18) and the map objetive is almost the same beat the boss.

the only good we have a epic final boss battle in the end.

We get all the units and almost all statues to for stats needed for pvp, the summon option of birthright is a bonus, we can get alot of item ( if we are lucky) while grinding.

Edited by Sieghart