Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!

Elieson

Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite male character?

• Arthur
    • Asugi
    • Azama
    • Benny
    • Corrin (M)
    • Dwyer
    • Forrest
    • Fuuga
    • Gunter
    • Hayato
    • Hinata
    • Hisame
    • Ignatius
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kaden
    • Kana (M)
    • Kaze
    • Keaton
    • Kiragi
    • Laslow
    • Leo
    • Niles
    • Odin
    • Percy
    • Ryoma
    • Saizo
    • Shigure
    • Shiro
    • Shura
    • Siegbert
    • Silas
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Xander
    • Yukimura
  2. 2. Who is your favorite female character?

• Anna
    • Azura
    • Beruka
    • Caeldori
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Corrin (F)
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Felicia
    • Flora
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagero
    • Kana (F)
    • Midori
    • Mitama
    • Mozu
    • Nina
    • Nyx
    • Oboro
    • Ophelia
    • Orochi
    • Peri
    • Reina
    • Rhajat
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Scarlet
    • Selena
    • Selkie
    • Setsuna
    • Soliel
    • Sophie
    • Velouria
  3. 3. Do you prefer playing as Male or Female Corrin?

• Male
    • Female
  4. 4. Which of the three games did you enjoy the most?

• Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really feel too strongly about any characters in Fates (or from video games in general) so I'll just pick the best units from my playthroughs.

Male: Ryoma, though Xander is pretty close

Female: Camilla, and by some distance. Early join time, high bases and growths and flying utility makes her even better than Xander in my opinion, though Xander has a higher peak with investment

I played as the female not really because I found her better, just more convenient from a gameplay perspective.

Favorite game: Conquest, though I honestly like Fates on a whole.

Favourite Male: Kaze, my bro.

Male runner ups: Odin, Arthur, Hinata, Hisame, Keaton, Kaden

Favourite Female: Do you really have to ask? (It's Hana, for those who don't know)

Female runner ups: Nyx, Mozu, Sakura, Elise, Velouria, Selkie, Ophelia, Midori, Female Kana

Preference: I don't really have one, though I find myself playing as Male Corrin more, prossibly because I like Female Kana more than Male Kana, but I can't really pin down a reason.

The last question was probably the hardest, since I thoroughly enjoy the entire Fates gameplay, but I think I love Birthright the most, since it has the advantage of having both of my overall favourite characters (I know, Revelation has them, too, but the maps there feel too gimmicky, tbh).

Edited by DragonFlames

Azama because he's hilarious, Rinkah because I love the way she plays (and her support with Kaze is great), Female Kamui because I generally prefer female avatars, and Conquest because it blows the other two out of the water when it comes to gameplay.

Ryoma and Rinkah. Nothing has changed there.

FCorn because MCorn has shitty hair. Shitty class outfit can be changed with reclassing (most of my favorite classes have outfits I like anyway), shitty hair can't. Also for what it's worth at least there's 1 girl with a holy weapon.

Not that it matters much to me anyway. I'll play MCorn if I'm trying to give a female character a class she can't have.

BR because both Ryoma and Rinkah's in it and I prefer it gameplaywise to Revelation--I can do BR pretty fast, but Rev is kinda tedious and long at times. CQ has the best difficulty, but it doesn't have Ryoma and Rinkah playable so that takes out the enjoyment significantly.

My votes were fairly easy... :P

I voted Shura for men, since he is one of my favourite characters in the game.

I voted Scarlet for women, since she was just awesome in personality.

I prefer playing as Male Corrin, since I don't like the Female design/voices.

As for version, I voted Birthrights, since I found it to have the best story of the three.

Female Corrin: I actually prefer her very strongly. To me, male Corrin changes the tone of the game in a few ways to give it some weird kinda sexist tones. You get all five male royals wielding special snowflake Gary Stu weapons (and zero of the women), and the behaviour of some of the female royals comes across as far weirder and more pandery if Corrin is their brother instead of sister.

Oh, good call on those! These things bugged me about male Corrin as well, but since I've refused to play male Corrin on any playthrough since my first one, I forgot about those things. Pretend I mentioned them in my own answer as well. :)

and the behaviour of some of the female royals comes across as far weirder and more pandery if Corrin is their brother instead of sister.

Huh, this was something that jumped out for Elise, Camilla, and Sakura (in roughly decreasing order of obviousness), but I must admit that the connotation escaped me for Hinoka.

I am curious as to what you (and Mr. Sinister) think are the flags there.

Hinoka's the least influenced by it, I agree. While the character has Corrin as a primary motivation regardless, it's in a way which sends off the same vibes regardless of Corrin's gender; Corrin is special because s/he's the lost sibling.

By contrast Camilla and Elise's behaviour makes perfect sense for a sister (they're super-tight with each other too, and Corrin is closer in age), but it's far harder to explain if Corrin is their brother, because Leo exists. I know the Camilla/Leo supports try to explain a difference but it's not enough to shake the feeilng for me.

Izana, Ophelia, Male, Birthright.

How did I forget Izana existed! Oh right, he's a meh unit. Well, whatever, he's still my favorite male.

Ophelia is chuunibyou and there's my answer.

I don't have a preference per say, I just self-insert myself more often than I use a oc avatar.

Yes, I'm in that weird corner that likes BR way too much. I can't help it, it's really fun to play since it's more casual!

Edited by TrueEm

Hinoka's the least influenced by it, I agree. While the character has Corrin as a primary motivation regardless, it's in a way which sends off the same vibes regardless of Corrin's gender; Corrin is special because s/he's the lost sibling.

By contrast Camilla and Elise's behaviour makes perfect sense for a sister (they're super-tight with each other too, and Corrin is closer in age), but it's far harder to explain if Corrin is their brother, because Leo exists. I know the Camilla/Leo supports try to explain a difference but it's not enough to shake the feeilng for me.

I have to disagree with this. Camilla's smothering has so many incestuous undertones it makes more sense (albeit creepily) for Corrin to be male, and Elise is the living epitome of "Hero's Little Sister". Whereas I find Camilla's smothering harder to explain when Corrin's a girl, and Elise's big-sibling worship to make less sense since she has Camilla, who is very doting, whereas with male Corrin, Leo's more aloof.

Plus, male Corrin nets you this neat dynamic with his brothers, where Xander's the Brawn, Leo's the Brains, and Corrin's the Heart.

Izana cause best hair husbando.

Flora cause i enjoy chilly, though i liked the majority of female characters in fates waaaay more then the male characters. personal taste mind.

Female Corrin cause better hair options (that's it)

and conquest cause its the one i gave the biggest damn about story, character, and game play wise in comparison to the other routes, though story wise fates is fairly lukewarm in general.

Mechanically I really like fates though, it just could have stood with more polish and less screaming in your face about what is going on and what to do.

Then again I am scum who likes shadow dragon the most out of any fire emblem game.

Favorite Male: Xander. Slight bias because I played Conquest first but whatever. Good supports, great unit, awesome prf. weapon. The Camus archetype while certainly not a fan favorite, is one I enjoy and Xander fits this to a T. Also bonus points for his design. Regal and very easy on the eyes, if you catch my drift. Best big bro!

Favorite Female: Oboro. I love her to pieces. Great supports, backstory, development, personality, design, etc. Great class, stats, and usability is just icing on top of the cake! And while I haven't played the tellius games yet(and most likely won't for a while unless IS decides to grace us with remakes) if the soldier/spear fighter and halberdier/spear master classes are this well loved and are great in their respective games, hopefully this means they'll return in the future. Seriously, it only took Oboro to make the soldier/spear fighter class one of my favorites. I like her that much.

Favorite Corrin Gender: Male. Haven't played with female Corrin yet, and mostly likely won't anytime soon. Something about the female's voice options seem... off. It's also cause I'm male myself so I generally go male in games that have avatars. Plus, I need to have my gay Fates husband, Niles. It's like one of my requirements for every Conquest play through now.

Favorite Path: Conquest, that was a no brainer. Gameplay, map design, interface, music, setting, characters, supports,... everything clicked with me in Conquest. It was everything what I wanted from it ever since it was shown. Even the story! There are some things I will admit should've been cleaned up, but overall I enjoyed the ride. 10/10 IS. This was a really solid entry!

Edited by Reese Balaski

Male: Odin
Female: Elise

Prefer: Male

Path: Revelations

-------

Laslow is a close second. I like Odin and Laslow due to nostalgia, even though Awakening is only about three years old. Arthur is pretty cool too, and I like his superhero vibe. I like Kaze and Silas too, since they put so much faith in me, even if my character was a bit stupid and off putting.

I like Leo the best out of my male siblings. I am not a big fan of Takumi, but I am cool with him after the A support.

I thought I would like Niles more, but he was a bit tame and not inappropriate enough.

-------

Camilla is my second favorite character, after Elise. Elise's cuteness just slightly nudges her ahead of Camilla's sexiness. Elise reminds me a bit of my cat, who is pure cute sugar. I also like Azura because she is always on my side and loyal, and I wish her Revelations dialogue would reflect that more, like between Chrom and Robin.

I also like Luna due to the nostalgia factor. The bitter-sweetness in the Awakening characters' speech combined with nostalgia plucks at my heartstrings like no other videogame has.

I also like Charlotte, Kagero, and Orochi for their bounciness. Felcia and Flora are maids, and I think that is reason enough for me to like them.

I do not think there is any female character that I disliked or was super disappointed with.

-------

I prefer to play as a male, but due to family planning, I play as a female. Aesthetics is not a big factor, but male Corrin looks a bit weird. I wish he looks as cool as Robin.

-------

I completed Revelations on my Japanese cartridge. I dabbled a little into Conquest and Birthright on my American cartridge, but not being able to get almost all the characters is a big turn off for me. I like to grind and focus on the post game fun, so I naturally chose Revelations.

Takumi because he's a well-rounded and consistently-written character, and because I strongly identify with him (well, asides from not being male, royal, an archer or handsome).

Sakura because I have a weakness for shy characters who are secretly strong and kick ass.

Female Corrin because of children, because there still aren't enough female playable characters in the games I play, and because at least one woman should wield a legendary weapon.

Revelations because I'm a sucker for happy endings. Real life 2016 has been exceptionally shitty so far; I'm all about sunshine and rainbows in my forms of escapism.

Male: Ryoma (Followed by Silas, Kaze and Leo)

I'm really surprised people do not appreciate him more. He's brave, competent, responsible, protective... He doesn't have logic gaps like Xander, he gives Kamui's choice more credit whenever he's in oposition (in both Conquest and Reve), he's actively trying to get Kamui back (unlike certain noodle hair), he even enters enemy territory for the sole chance of talking Kamui into coming back. Attacks Kamui to the death only after being heartbroken by a certain lie. And the chapters named after the two older brothers also play in huge favor of Ryoma, considering what he did to make Kamui's life less painful after the said Kamui ruined his life and his kingdom. (While Xander literally threw his burdens on Kamui instead of taking on them alone, making a certain action by Elise a complete waste... I still can't forgive him for that.) Ryoma really loves you even if you sin against him.

Female: Sakura (Followed by Felicia and Scarlett)

A sweet, innocent child that went through a lot of pain and was forced to mature faster. More a princess of her people than Elise ever was. Admirable cherry blossom, protect at all costs.

Female Corrin exclusively.

Birthright. I admit the gamplay was kinda dull and story too simple but I've learned that the true moral values always matter more even when they have boring and simple attire. For me Birthright is more than just a game, it's a manifest of my life opinions and priorities - the same reason why I strongly dislike almost anything about Conquest.

The Conquest gameplay was good but only when I strip it off the rest. Both Elise and Leo, my favs among Nohr siblings, were better developed in Birthright. (However, Ryoma and Sakura shone best in Conquest, I must say.) Conquest characters are all too saturated, making them maybe more interesting and enjoyable, but as a group of people too unrealistic. IRL you always have one unusual individual for like ten normal people with normal personalities (= Hoshido - and that's why so many people find the cast boring.) In Nohr you have ten unusual individuals for one normal person. That's just too much. (But looking at popularity polls, fanservice works :))

The only good thing about Reve is the answers and insight in the life of the two families (especially Ryoma and Hinoka). The gameplay was a pain, utilizing more my skill to move units across the map for 10 minutes without a single combat, instead of tactics. Plus I just don't enjoy having a cheesy happy ending, not after the two other games. It just feels like a lie for little children to make life seem more bearable.

Edited by Rihorama

Hinoka,Leo cause both are strong characters in their respective games and both have character development when you fight them or at least seem more interesting.

Conquest cause it's super fun and I just play it all the time, birthright is meh and revelations gets boring after the first play through.

Male cause I'm male

Male: Takumi - I can't exactly pinpoint why I like Takumi so much. It might have started when I first heard about the #BlameTakumi before the game was even released internationally, since my immediate reaction then was to defend him. I greatly enjoy watching Takumi grow as a person and learn to trust me in Birthright, while it was painful for me to see him curse my name and eventually degrade into a monster in Conquest. Overall, I guess I see him as a very conflicted and believable character. He is also one of my best units game-play wise, as I can rely on him to deliver OHKOs and criticals (even when I don't want him to XD ).
(Runner-ups: Ryoma, Xander, Leo, Silas, Kaze, Jakob, Laslow)

Female: Azura - In some ways, the reason Azura is my favorite Fates character is the same as why Chrom is my favorite Awakening character: she is my most trusted ally and best friend, one who stays at my side no matter what I choose and respects those decisions. She is a character I know I can rely on emotionally, and is a great comforter whenever my avatar feels guilt or uncertainty. She opens up to me and my avatar to her, presenting a strong bond I don't personally feel with most other characters. I also have a thing for singers, with Azura (and her respective voice actresses) being one of the most beautiful I ever heard. I can easily say that "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" is one of my all-time favorite songs and among the few I took the time to memorize the full lyrics of (which, I'll admit, is not very hard for me and I consider myself to be a decent singer). The fact she is the dancer unit in Fates also helps, as I do have a fondness for dancer units, which I guess just shows I like musically-talented characters.
(Runner-ups: Hinoka, Camilla, Sakura, Elise, Scarlet, Oboro, Selena)

Avatar: Female - I'm a female who likes playing as female characters in video games. If a female avatar is an option, I almost always go for it. Plus I think it is really nice to have a strong female lead in a world of male dominates. (Why does none of the royal sisters have personalized legendary weapons?!) Female Avatar's only downside is that she can't marry Azura. Admittedly I have yet to play the game as a male Avatar; I need to do that in the near future, especially if I'm going to fill the entire support log.

Route: Revelation - Simply because I get both my Hoshidan and Nohrian family, and to me it feels like the "true ending" (and I don't want to pick sides again! >_<). I do like Birthright and everything it offers, and I thought Conquest had the best challenges and most heartbreaking story. But Revelation tops it all thanks to unit availability, it's happiest ending, and the tackling of the real conflict within their world (and I seem to be one of the few people who found interest in their "gimmicky" maps).

Edited by Fastesthe1

Aight, let's break mine down. This was a bit hard, actually.

Male: Arthur - This is actually a tough choice as many of the guys in this game were pretty great IMO, but in the end, extreme ham is a great way to win me over. I also feel that while Arthur is not a totally realistic personality, he's believable in the sense of what you would expect someone like that to be, if they existed. While he's certainly not a particularly deep or interesting character, he brings a sense of enthusiasm and jovialness that's much appreciated, especially given he's a Nohrian. Not to mention, Berserkers are one of my preferred classes, so there's that, too. Gameplay-wise, he brings the YOLO strats I crave when it comes to these games.
(Runners-up: Leo, Takumi, Keaton, Shura, Laslow, Odin)

Female: Oboro - I really, really wanted to give this to my girl Anna, or Felicia, but Oboro was just really great. Her fashionista characterization was unexpected in this setting, but surprisingly worked well and made her more memorable among the cast. I also like her supports with M!Corrin (an extreme rarity!) because it made sense given her past that being alone with her thoughts would be unbearable. The idea of a character who can't love the world trying to do so again also hit a chord with me. In gameplay terms, I like the Jill-of-all-trades type with balanced stats across the board, and while Lances have never been wielded by my more favorite characters before, I like the style they lend themselves to.
(Runners-up: Felicia, Anna, Hinoka, Hana, Ophelia, Selena)

Avatar: Male - While I like playing both male and female avatars in games, being male, I tend to favor a male PC my first go-round, and this is no different. In Fire Emblem in particular, a male avatar helps me get invested in the world and other characters since he's as similar to me as I can make him.

Route: Conquest - Absolutely no contest. While I have my gripes with this game and Conquest is home to quite a few of them, the thing that makes me love this game all the same is the overhauled gameplay, and Conquest does the best job of showing it off thanks to the difficulty. It's easily the one I enjoyed playing the most, and since the main point of a game is, well, the gameplay, it wins on that alone, let alone that's the main thing I like about this game. Revelations gets a point for having all the cast at once, but Conquest is still the winner for me.