Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

"The new animated series Pokémon Generations revisits each generation of the Pokémon video game series to shed new light on some timeless moments. From the earliest days in the Kanto region to the splendor of the Kalos region, go behind the scenes and witness Pokémon history with new eyes! These bite-sized adventures, about 3 to 5 minutes long, will be released every week through December 23, 2016."

December 23 is a Friday, so presumably the first one comes out tomorrow.

Thoughts? I'm excited. This is probably why the Pokemon youtube channel uploaded Origins episode 1 yesterday.

Edited by Konnor97

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this looks awesome, I liked Origins quite a bit so this should be pretty great.

Seeing Blue vs Lance should be hype, among other things.

Edited by Jedi

This looks cool! But I hope Red isn't going to be the only main character used. Since this is Generations, it would make way more sense to use Ethan for gen 2, Brendan for gen 3, Lucas for gen 4, and so on.

This looks cool! But I hope Red isn't going to be the only main character used. Since this is Generations, it would make way more sense to use Ethan for gen 2, Brendan for gen 3, Lucas for gen 4, and so on.

It makes a lot of sense actually.

I'm pretty sure only the male protagonists will appear in this special, since the female ones tend to appear on the main anime. So it's very unlikely to that the female protagonists such as Leaf and Hilda to appear in the anime.

Let's be honest, the male protagonists of Pokemon are criminally underused.

Edited by Water Mage

This looks great. After that Ultra Beast trailer I'm really in the mood for more Pokémon.

Anything that expands upon Giovanni, who has progressively been more fleshed out and humanized is welcome in my book, as well as the more underdeveloped villains like Lysandre and Cyrus.

It looks like the first one might focus on Blue's fights with the Kanto Elite Four. I'm positive the episode ends after Red walks in.

Edited by Thane

I like how there's all the villains and then there's just Looker standing there.

Well, I wouldn't say that, since Maxie and Archie aren't present.

But anyway, I'm quite excited for this.

I cannot wait for the part dedicated to AZ, considering how little we know about him.

The Unova episodes would probably be Dragonspiral Tower (BW), N's Farewell (BW), and Black/White Kyurem (BW2)

Gotta get that "I will freeze you solid so you can watch my glorious ascent" line in somewhere, complete with non-indicative animation and contradiction to game mechanics!

The Unova episodes would probably be Dragonspiral Tower (BW), N's Farewell (BW), and Black/White Kyurem (BW2)

Gotta get that "I will freeze you solid so you can watch my glorious ascent" line in somewhere, complete with non-indicative animation and contradiction to game mechanics!

Will it be with Reshiram or Zekrom as N's dragon, though? Zekrom could default due to it being Black and White and not White and Black, but White is the only main series entry to outsell the version that got top billing. Plus, I've seen a lot of people associate N with Reshiram more- helps that they're both pretty.

Will it be with Reshiram or Zekrom as N's dragon, though? Zekrom could default due to it being Black and White and not White and Black, but White is the only main series entry to outsell the version that got top billing. Plus, I've seen a lot of people associate N with Reshiram more- helps that they're both pretty.

I would say Zekrom fits him more, storywise. Associating N with "Truth" just seemed really strange to me, since he was raised to believe that humans and Pokémon should be separated, which is an ideal that's yet to be achieved.

So I'd say Zekrom.

It makes a lot of sense actually.

I'm pretty sure only the male protagonists will appear in this special, since the female ones tend to appear on the main anime. So it's very unlikely to that the female protagonists such as Leaf and Hilda to appear in the anime.

Let's be honest, the male protagonists of Pokemon are criminally underused.

Welll, they all looks exactly the same, tbh...

If they weren't so damn boring, I would be more sad.

Wonder if there wil be some B2W2, though...

This looks really nice, definitely going to be keeping up with this -- even if it's only to see what happens in Kalos. Hopefully the male protagonists will actually exist here, I was pretty salty that it was always Ash and the girl.

Welll, they all looks exactly the same, tbh...

If they weren't so damn boring, I would be more sad.

Wonder if there wil be some B2W2, though...

Considering Ghetsis is pictured with his BW2 design, my money's on yes, we will be seeing BW2 stuff

This looks really nice, definitely going to be keeping up with this -- even if it's only to see what happens in Kalos. Hopefully the male protagonists will actually exist here, I was pretty salty that it was always Ash and the girl.

It wasn't always Ash and the girl protagonist. Leaf wasn't his female companion in gen 1 (although it was because a female player character didn't exist yet) and Hilda wasn't his companion in gen 5. Instead he had female gym leaders for companions. The gen 7 anime looks like it'll have Mallow for his female companion as well, rather than the new female player character.

However, I do also wish we'd see the male player characters in the anime more often.

Edited by Anacybele

My problem with that trailer is the fact that it looks like Red's going up again Zygarde. Why Red? Shouldn't that be more so Calem's thing, or even unnamed SuMo protag since it's in its Complete Forme? This sounds like it could be cool, but I really hope it's not just Red, and they actually give the stories to the game protagonists they should belong to. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Red's the only protagonist actually shown in the trailer. Hrm.

Watch it just be more Adventures of Red and his Charizard.

Although I hope they show B2/W2 girl.

It may be presumptuous of me to say, but it looked like one episode focuses entirely on Blue's matches with the Kanto Elite Four, and the promotional art focuses on the villains. We also saw Looker on a Pokémon SWAT team, so I'm pretty sure we'll see several different characters.