Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

Ohai Touya/Hilbert, I thought you were off in another region looking in all the wrong places for N.

Also this episode really captures stuff I like about N. There's not much to say about it, it's basically the BW2 climax without Kyouhei/Nate or Mei/Rosa but with special guest star mentioned elsewhere.

Ghetsis having a breakdown, just as in BW2, N trying to get through to him just as in BW2, etc.

I hope we get a Sina/Dexio episode in Kalos, they need more love.

Yeah. The (sad?) fact is that they're probably the most memorable Gen VI characters, what with the "Defenders of Kalos" hijinks being one of the few parts of X that isn't a blur to me.

Also, I remembered this:

Will it be with Reshiram or Zekrom as N's dragon, though? Zekrom could default due to it being Black and White and not White and Black, but White is the only main series entry to outsell the version that got top billing. Plus, I've seen a lot of people associate N with Reshiram more- helps that they're both pretty.

I would say Zekrom fits him more, storywise. Associating N with "Truth" just seemed really strange to me, since he was raised to believe that humans and Pokémon should be separated, which is an ideal that's yet to be achieved.

So I'd say Zekrom.

Not trying to rub it in or anything. Just kinda funny how it worked out.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we get a Sina/Dexio episode in Kalos, they need more love.

Sun and Moon Sina can have all of my love ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I haven't played Black 2 or White 2, so maybe that's why this episode didn't really do it for me. It was the same old "Pokémon and people working together sure is swell" stuff, which is a line with way too many variations spread across all of the franchise's installments. This didn't really offer anything new aside from seeing the protagonist of Black and White making a triumphant return, although that does make me wonder where Black 2 and White 2's protagonists are.

Sun and Moon Sina can have all of my love ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/size]

I haven't played Black 2 or White 2, so maybe that's why this episode didn't really do it for me. It was the same old "Pokémon and people working together sure is swell" stuff, which is a line with way too many variations spread across all of the franchise's installments. This didn't really offer anything new aside from seeing the protagonist of Black and White making a triumphant return, although that does make me wonder where Black 2 and White 2's protagonists are.

Maybe Ghetsis killed them/froze them on the Frigate?

I wouldn't put it past him.

If you use Ghetsis Theme and Emotion, there's nothing I could say.

Emotion could makes me cry even if it was used for a Potato Salad recipe, anyway.

It ended up the (second? Now I'm sad Gen VII won't be adapted) best gen on a high note.

A random surprise, but the first 6 episodes of Generations got their Japanese dubs. I'll only post the first 2, for posterity's sake, but the rest can be found on the official Japanese Pokemon youtube channel.

Gotta say, I wish it was like that in the games. This version of Lysandre is very good at making himself look benevolent.

That scene with Diantha also made wish that there was more interactions between Lysandre and Diantha.

Seriously, there was so much lost pontetial with these two! Diantha's views seems to be the opposite of Lysandre.

Diantha craves change while Lysandre despises it, and seeing the two confront each other would be so interesting!

Honestly, Diantha had incredible potential that was wasted in X and Y.

Edited by Water Mage

I thought it was until December 18th.

Anyway, I really liked this portrayal of Lysandre's character. He seems to be just some celebrity inventor with weird hair styled after Pyroar (which is technically the case, as he's always the Holo Caster's inventor and that's used throughout the region), but at the same time, something is very off about him.

Also, this is the first episode in a while that wasn't just a rewritten scene from the games. Last time that happened was... Gabby and Ty?

I'm probably one of the few people who like Lysandre/Fleur-de-lis, though, so...

I could get behind this version of Lysandre as well. Him being actually good at being seen as a benevolent tech maker and public do gooder makes him a lot better then whatever it was that they where trying to do with him in the games.

I did expect a deeper voice from such a giant of a man, but I got used to his current one pretty quickly.

Edited by Sasori

I'm probably one of the few people who like Lysandre/Fleur-de-lis, though, so...

I want to like him, because he had so much potential. I don't know why they decided to give him the arguably least likeable evil team though, which even seems to go against what their boss actually wants. I mean, he wants to start the world anew with only a few chosen ones, yet he picks egotistical fashionistas? I don't know, there's just some kind of dissonance there to me.

They tried going for a tragic villain with him, but they fell short. Who knows, if they had just cut those annoying brats that stalk you throughout the game, maybe they would've had more time to give some personality to your rival, Lysandre and Diantha.

As for this episode, it was alright, I liked how they portrayed Lysandre. I think they always meant for him to be genuinely interested in helping people, but that something within him was twisted.

The voice acting and horrible writing of the reporter who asks him about his donation though, wow.

You know, I think X and Y and the Kalos region in general would really needed a third version. They could expand the lore so much.

A good example of this is Diamond and Pearl and the Sinnoh region.

In Diamond and Pearl, both Cynthia and Cyrus had little personality and barely appeared, but in Platinum they became much better characters!

Just image what a Z version would have done for Lysandre and Diantha!

You know, I think X and Y and the Kalos region in general would really needed a third version. They could expand the lore so much.

A good example of this is Diamond and Pearl and the Sinnoh region.

In Diamond and Pearl, both Cynthia and Cyrus had little personality and barely appeared, but in Platinum they became much better characters!

Just image what a Z version would have done for Lysandre and Diantha!

It honestly feels like something that was planned but never went through for some reason.

Terminus Cave looks like Perfect Zygarde, Zygarde in general got a lot of focus in the anime, Anime!Bonnie is somewhat like Lillie role wise

[spoiler=Is this Bonnie or Lillie?]Young blonde girl meets this cute little Pokémon and gives it a cute nickname, and said cute Pokémon just so happens to be hunted by some villains due to being key for their plan. Turns out that cute Pokémon is a weaker form of a regional legendary Pokémon.

It honestly feels like something that was planned but never went through for some reason.

Terminus Cave looks like Perfect Zygarde, Zygarde in general got a lot of focus in the anime, Anime!Bonnie is somewhat like Lillie role wise

[spoiler=Is this Bonnie or Lillie?]Young blonde girl meets this cute little Pokémon and gives it a cute nickname, and said cute Pokémon just so happens to be hunted by some villains due to being key for their plan. Turns out that cute Pokémon is a weaker form of a regional legendary Pokémon.

Plus, we've got some royals and their legends running around,

company president villains obsessed with beauty, etc.

I noticed quite a few similar themes as well.

Perhaps the reason they never made Z is because third versions usually don't sell much.

I have a theory that the story of X and Y was going to be darker, but then Game Freak decided to make it more of a fun adventure with friends rather than a serious adventure.

Granted AZ's backstory and Lysandre's implied death are already pretty dark, but I feel that there was going to be more, for example, based on their first and only interaction, I always thought that Lysandre had an obsession with Diantha, and that AZ would find peace and die at the end.

Speaking of "fun and serious" adventures, Sun and Moon does seems to have a good balance between fun adventure and serious adventure.

Edited by Water Mage

Perhaps the reason they never made Z is because third versions usually don't sell much.

I have a theory that the story of X and Y was going to be darker, but then Game Freak decided to make it more of a fun adventure with friends rather than a serious adventure.

Granted AZ's backstory and Lysandre's implied death are already pretty dark, but I feel that there was going to be more, for example, based on their first and only interaction, I always thought that Lysandre had an obsession with Diantha, and that AZ would find peace and die at the end.

Speaking of "fun and serious" adventures, Sun and Moon does seems to have a good balance between fun adventure and serious adventure.

If it means anything, the Special adaptation of XY is pretty much agreed to be an angstfest and X is pretty much "depressed teenager" a lot of the time, with Shauna getting basically 180-d into an extremely pessimistic character, and the main group not really trusting very easily after their hometown got blown to smithereens in the first round.

Heck, the celebratory parade at the end of the games was replaced with people in Lumiose being rude, snobby, and ungrateful.

I assume that there was supposed to be a Z version/a third Kalos game at some point, but it was cancelled and Zygarde was transplanted to SuMo because they wanted to get Gen. VII out by the 20th anniversary. Or something to that effect, anyway.

(And this might have something to do with it too.)

Edited by Lightchao42

If it means anything, the Special adaptation of XY is pretty much agreed to be an angstfest and X is pretty much "depressed teenager" a lot of the time, with Shauna getting basically 180-d into an extremely pessimistic character, and the main group not really trusting very easily after their hometown got blown to smithereens in the first round.

Heck, the celebratory parade at the end of the games was replaced with people in Lumiose being rude, snobby, and ungrateful.

Oh yeah, I've heard about that.

Didn't the Gym Leaders of Kalos get blamed for the destruction?

Oh yeah, I've heard about that.

Didn't the Gym Leaders of Kalos get blamed for the destruction?

Looking at Coronis's summaries, nothing's stated about that in the more recent rounds

The people who were being insensitive/rude basically were acting as if nothing happened and the threat of the ultimate weapon never existed

Edit:

The Gym leaders did indeed catch the blame, I was going through the whole thing to double check.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I assume that there was supposed to be a Z version/a third Kalos game at some point, but it was cancelled and Zygarde was transplanted to SuMo because they wanted to get Gen. VII out by the 20th anniversary. Or something to that effect, anyway.

(And this might have something to do with it too.)

"No. You're not the one."

There's so many unanswered things about XY that this have to be true (There's a large part of the region that is unexplored after all).

Maybe even X2 Y2 (a man can dream)

So with Generations winding down, with about 2 or 3 episodes to go, what do you guys think they'll do? I'm guessing an episode with AZ, and for another XY one, there's Zygarde too. If they have an SM episode, I'd like to see one with Kukui and the creation of the league/gathering of the Elite 4.

Edited by Konnor97

Yeah, I think that they will do two other episodes dedicated to Kalos and one for Sun and Moon.

For Kalos, I would like to see at least an episode that tells us about

the weapon of AZ and how he built it

and one that shows

Lusamine's fall to madness

Altough I'm aware that they won't show these two parts, one can hope.