Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

Considering AZ appeared in the poster, he will definitely have an episode about him.

And also considering that Looker is sort of the main character of Generation, it wouldn't surprise me to have an episode about him and Emma.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm marathoning the past episodes of Pokemon Generations since I hadn't watched any past Episode 2. Here are my abbreviated thoughts on all of them, with a GREAT/GOOD/OKAY/BAD rating tacked on to the end of them so you dunces can get what my thoughts are.

The Adventure: It was a decent montage and I enjoyed how fluid and animated the fight scenes were (notice how there was none of that beam bullshit unless the situation called for it), but otherwise it didn't hold my attention. BAD

The Chase: It's cool seeing Looker in Kanto (gives some credence to the theory that he's that generic under cover cop in Gen 1, anyways), and it was great seeing how the police used their Pokemon; shoutouts to Magnemite being used to unlock an electronically locked door. Little touches like this help to make the world feel more believable. Unfortunately, not a whole lot actually ends up getting accomplished in this episode, which made it less enjoyable for me. OKAY

The Challenger: This episode was so good, you guys. I mean, I really love Green, so an episode starring him is basically made for me. Besides that, it was cool seeing how intimidating all of the Elite 4 members before he mowed through them in his typical jerk bag way (also did anyone notice how the design of the Elite 4 arenas more closely resemble recent Pokemon games over their original arenas?) only to taunt them after he won. Then when he sat on the throne at the ending and it ended on his final lines to Red, it was...just perfect. Really the first episode that delivered on the premise of being unseen stories in Pokemon, for me anyways. GREAT

The Lake of Rage: This episode was literally the Rocket Hideout scenario in HGSS. I mean, it had cool animation but it was something I've already seen (heck, something I've already done before). Not terribly impressed. BAD

The Legacy: I like how it fleshed out the backstory of Silver while giving him some cool moments with Looker. Not the most impressive episode ever, but I enjoyed it for what it was. OKAY

The Reawakening: This episode was really cool, actually. Eusine has always lowkey been one of my favourite characters, and I like how it expanded on the backstory of the Legendary Dogs and why exactly these all powerful beasts are running away from me all of the goddamn time. Honestly, considering these seem to slightly deviate from the source material, I would have been totally cool with Suicune following him. Still enjoyable, though. GOOD

The Vision: Damn, Courtney was...surprisingly creepy! I never played Oracle Ruby, so this was rather surprising since I didn't get that impression from her design. Tabatha was great, though. I like how it hinted at Maxie eventually dying but I don't remember anything else about this episode really interesting me. BAD

The Cavern: Basically the Team Aqua version of the last episode, except all of the bad stuff actually happened. It was visually a lot more appealing and you really got the impression that Archie fucked up big time. I think it accomplished its goal a lot better than the last one, and honestly Shelly felt like a more interesting character than Courtney. Shoutouts to the best Pokemon, Primal Kyogre, eating Archie since 1939. GOOD

The Scoop: I really liked this one! Considering how much these reporters hassle you in previous games (even going so far as to borderline stalk you in Platinum; check out the TV sometime if you don't know what I mean), it was great having an episode centered around one of them. I like how she ends up getting her scoop at the end, too; screw you, boring scientist guy. THE TRUTH MUST BE FREE! But yeah, this is more of what I wanted from this series; stories that Pokemon hasn't or hasn't been able to tell before. GREAT

The Old Chateau: Man, this one was creepy. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, especially since I heard that Cheryl (who is lowkey the best Gen 4 waifu, keeping it real since 1992) was going to die in this episode. I don't think she actually did, but the episode was pretty interesting regardless. I like how it further explored one of the creepier locations in Platinum, and one of the characters that didn't get a lot of screen time in that game. Again, it's nice that the series was finally living up to its premise. GREAT

The New World: While this feels like a very straight retelling of something we've already seen (e.g. Lake of Rage, Vision, Cavern), I feel like this does it a lot better. It doesn't hurt that Cyrus is one of the best Pokemon villains, and the ending where he's staring at Giratina while telling none of his subordinates to follow him was pretty chilling. Also it had Cynthia in it, so it must be good, right? GOOD

The Magma Stone: Despite having played Platinum, I'm not exactly sure who this episode starred. Maybe I'd have liked it more if I did, but otherwise the only standout moments were Looker and his Croagunk doing some sick shit. BAD

The Uprising: It has a cool premise (all of the Gen V Gym Leaders teaming up), but I don't really feel particularly strongly for the Gen 5 Gym Leaders as a whole. Again, it had some cool animation but it didn't feel like a lot ended up getting accomplished by the end of the episode. BAD

The Frozen World: This feels like the most phoned in episode so far. It literally shows an in game event and it's not even a particularly interesting one. BAD

The King Returns: While this is another in game event, it really does elaborate on the relationship between N and Ghetsis. Even though I've never played the original Black/White, watching this episode gave me an idea of why people like N so much in the first place. Also it was cool how it ended with the original hero, considering one of the main complaints for BW2's story (among uh...a lot of other things) was how he never showed up. GOOD

The Beauty Eternal: Man, I never thought I'd say this, but this episode made Lysandre seem really interesting to me. I haven't finished XY either (although I've played a good portion of both of the games, actually, stalling out in the marsh land area), but I never thought he was that interesting beforehand. This makes him seem very charismatic, juggling his life as a president of a huge company and being the head of a criminal organization. Again, it's more of what I want from this series. GREAT

The Investigation: =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( GREAT

How are the subs? I've only watched the dubs, and they all seemed very...poorly casted.

I'd like to disagree with them all being so, but then again we all have our own interpretation of the characters, so they might not live up to everyone's own views.

Edited by Emerson

I'd like to disagree with them all being so, but then again we all have our own interpretation of the characters, so they might not live up to everyone's own views.

All was probably the wrong word. A lot of them, though, I'd say. Looker and Brock come to mind off the top of my head.

I was surprised because I thought this was the more "untold" stories. This one is explicitly told in X&Y, and I even find Az's reactions better in the games, the way he falls to his knees and shakes like that. I would've expected to see the parting actually happening, since we wouldn't actually have seen that already.

Oh hey, final episode. I didn't even mind that we've already seen AZ's story before, it's honestly one of the most emotional parts of the XY storyline for me. Also, the player character in this is the default male with a Chesnaught (and maybe Charizard, depending on who it belongs to), which made me laugh a bit because that's exactly what my character is.

Oh hey, final episode. I didn't even mind that we've already seen AZ's story before, it's honestly one of the most emotional parts of the XY storyline for me. Also, the player character in this is the default male with a Chesnaught (and maybe Charizard, depending on who it belongs to), which made me laugh a bit because that's exactly what my character is.

Same. It kinda reconnected me to my original playthrough.

Rather late, but haven't seen mention of them yet; the first 12 episodes of Pokemon Generations have been released in Japanese in case anybody wants to compare voices and what not. Spoiler show episodes 2 - 12; episode 1 is not included due to it being identical to the English release.

[spoiler=Japanese version of Pokemon Generations Ep. 2-6]

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

[spoiler=Ep. 7-12 (apparently can't embed more than 5 videos onto a single post)]

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAx3D9tEvr4

Edited by Roflolxp54

• 5 weeks later...