Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

My impressions typed up as I was watching it:

Oh god... Jamieson Price really hammed it up. And it's glorious.

Shelly's VA is a mystery to me, though.

Also... "As long as I have the blue orb Kyogre will do my bidding!" *throws blue orb at Kyogre*

Dang, that version of the Trio's theme is cooler than the one in ORAS.

Matt sounds like Fred Tatasciore.

Well, that was pretty freaky overall.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamieson Price was perfect as Archie.

He really nailed Archie's descent into madness. I also think this episode really nailed the "natural disaster" theme in Hoenn. While I liked Team Magma's episode, this one with Team Aqua was far superior. I kinda sad that Brendan/May didn't appear, because I really like Archie's relationship with them. He genuinely likes them and even call them "little scamp". And when you beat him he's actually proud of you!

Another thing that could have appeared is Jirachi, and maybe explore Archie's relationship with it.

Maybe it's because I played Alpha Sapphire, but I really loved this episode. Anyone else here played Alpha Sapphire?

The first half of the episode, besides Jamieson Price's hamminess, wasn't that great (especially the logic-defying moment I highlighted above). The later half, though, was plain disturbing.

Anyways, who wants to bet the final Hoenn short will involve Zinnia?

I'm already wondering how they'll break down Gen V- I'm thinking the shorts will be from the perspectives of Ghetsis, N, and Colress.

He really nailed Archie's descent into madness. I also think this episode really nailed the "natural disaster" theme in Hoenn. While I liked Team Magma's episode, this one with Team Aqua was far superior. I kinda sad that Brendan/May didn't appear, because I really like Archie's relationship with them. He genuinely likes them and even call them "little scamp". And when you beat him he's actually proud of you!

Another thing that could have appeared is Jirachi, and maybe explore Archie's relationship with it.

Maybe it's because I played Alpha Sapphire, but I really loved this episode. Anyone else here played Alpha Sapphire?

[spoiler=Pokémon Special Emerald Chapter]Isn't Archie going after Jirachi Special-only? I don't recall him ever doing that in any other media.

And Archie's a pretty different person in Special compared to the games. Much more ruthless than his merely severely misguided game counterpart.

Also Alpha Sapphire Player reporting.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

[spoiler=Pokémon Special Emerald Chapter]Isn't Archie going after Jirachi Special-only? I don't recall him ever doing that in any other media.And Archie's a pretty different person in Special compared to the games. Much more ruthless than his merely severely misguided game counterpart.

Also Alpha Sapphire Player reporting.

In Alpha Sapphire, if you go to Shelly's room in the Team Aqua you can find picture that says "With Archie and Jirachi", here it is:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJachg1LFIpMJG9krrqjcAHHhuRc-GiGS0Ydr6dJCbnJdiwUw0i7n3GheQhQ

When he awakens Kyogre, Archie also says that he wanted to created a world where he could together with "that Pokemon". Can't find a picture of that one though.

Yea, I prefer Archie over Maxie but I don't like Shelly at all. At least Courtney is crazy which is quite funny.

Anyways, who wants to bet the final Hoenn short will involve Zinnia?

One legendary per episode and they didn't show Rayquaza yet, so yeah.

In Alpha Sapphire, if you go to Shelly's room in the Team Aqua you can find picture that says "With Archie and Jirachi", here it is:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJachg1LFIpMJG9krrqjcAHHhuRc-GiGS0Ydr6dJCbnJdiwUw0i7n3GheQhQ

When he awakens Kyogre, Archie also says that he wanted to created a world where he could together with "that Pokemon". Can't find a picture of that one though.

Huh, was that in the GBA originals?

Because I'm inclined to think that's just an easter egg for Special fans.

Well this was...dark?

And I just tried the "Pokémon Adventures" thing and saw Zinnia get stabbed in the stomach and then Hyper Beam'd at point blank range from a Rayquaza; I thought this stuff was for kids!

Well this was...dark?

And I just tried the "Pokémon Adventures" thing and saw Zinnia get stabbed in the stomach and then Hyper Beam'd at point blank range from a Rayquaza; I thought this stuff was for kids!

Like most of the franchise, it's primarily for kids, but Special gets a bit violent by Pokémon standard. Not absurdly so, or anything like that, it's still a shounen manga at its core.

Of course Archie is that insane, he was that insane in the main anime too...

He's even scarier here than he was in the main anime as well and I thought that wasn't possible. o.o

Of course Archie is that insane, he was that insane in the main anime too...

He's even scarier here than he was in the main anime as well and I thought that wasn't possible. o.o

In Special

he outright murders Maxie.

Granted, Sird was a manipulative bitch, but he still fell for her plan and murdered Maxie for it.

Omg tjis episode was sublime, the music, the storm, Kyogre's savage nature, Primordial Sea, the wild pokemon in the sea all crazy, the poor Wingulls, the pokemom scared in the forest, it was beautiful. So far the best to me.

But what hypes me most is that possibly the next episode will feature Mega Quaza and ZINNIA omg I WANT HER THEME RIGHT NOW IT IS ZOMG GLORIOUS AAAAAAAAHHHHH

Edited by Quintessence

In Special

he outright murders Maxie.

Granted, Sird was a manipulative bitch, but he still fell for her plan and murdered Maxie for it.

From what I've gathered Sird is a massive Villain Sue who somehow procured a legendary armor of immortality for them to fight over.

And don't they both come back in the ORAS manga?

I was interested in Special at one point, but I've done more reading up and it's way too Shonen (writing issues and all) for my tastes.

Omg tjis episode was sublime, the music, the storm, Kyogre's savage nature, Primordial Sea, the wild pokemon in the sea all crazy, the poor Wingulls, the pokemom scared in the forest, it was beautiful. So far the best to me.

But what hypes me most is that possibly the next episode will feature Mega Quaza and ZINNIA omg I WANT HER THEME RIGHT NOW IT IS ZOMG GLORIOUS AAAAAAAAHHHHH

TJIS? Thank Jehovah It's Saturday? But it's Friday.

And I'm almost certain the next episode will have Zinnia.

Actually, I can't think of Archie as scary, he really isn't.

It's kinda ironic seeing Archie crazy during the entire episode, since Alpha Sapphire's Archie is probably the most friendly and chill Evil Team Leader out there.

Seriously, he seems to genuinely like the player and always treats the player with respect.

From what I've gathered Sird is a massive Villain Sue who somehow procured a legendary armor of immortality for them to fight over.

I was interested in Special at one point, but I've done more reading up and it's way too Shonen (writing issues and all) for my tastes.

She kinda is, though thankfully she hasn't appeared since DP.

Sort of. They're still dead, but Giratina apparently gave them temporary bodies to try and stop the meteorite. In other words, Kusaka literally just needed some excuse to bring dead guys back to show off the redesigns from the games.

And that's okay!

lol so much analysis. Nah man, a common typo of mine since 'h' is adjacent to 'j', as I'm pretty much always on mobiel.

lol so much analysis. Nah man, a common typo of mine since 'h' is adjacent to 'j', as I'm pretty much always on mobiel.

"Mobiel". I see.

And it's not analysis as much as snark and sarcasm- having fun with typos and such. And yes, I use what I am blind to.

yawn, this series has been ridiculously boring. looker and zinnia are the worst characters in the series, yet I guarantee the next episode is about one of them

needs more ash. will say that cristina vee's shelly was ok hand sign emoji

yawn, this series has been ridiculously boring. looker and zinnia are the worst characters in the series, yet I guarantee the next episode is about one of them

needs more ash. will say that cristina vee's shelly was ok hand sign emoji

There's approximately a 0% chance Ash will appear, considering that these videos are about unseen perspectives in the games.