Thracia Paragon Mode Chapter 1 in 2 turns

ruadath

While I procrastinate working on and recording defense chapters in my active playthroughs, I decided to figure out how to effectively RNG abuse in yet another Fire Emblem game... and this was the result:

No plans to pursue this any further at the moment (since I've never played this game before, and I have other playthroughs that are higher on my priority list), but thought you guys might enjoy.

EDIT: Sorry, there is a recording issue at the moment that will get fixed in like 2 minutes when I change the link. Fixed!

Edited by ruadath

Right, I saw that too, although I guess he either found it too tedious or didn't realize that it was possible to 2 turn the first chapter by setting things up so that Leif got 3 kills on the first EP? I'm not familiar with the game at all, but it doesn't seem to me like missing out on Dagdar and co. (and the Pugi/Brave Axe) will result in any loss to turn count before the Manster chapters, at which point I assume it's irrelevant.

It's not something I'm really interested in working on more anyway, since I have other things I'd like to wrap up first, and right now I'm even a bit too busy with RL stuff to focus on that.

How do you turn on paragon mode again? I'm trying to do it, but I may be doing it wrong. (I'm putting the cursor over a new, blank file, and I'm imputing the following commands: right, left, right, left, right, left, right, right.)

• 2 months later...

As it turns out, Finn's position at the end of turn 1 affects the RNs that enemies burn, so by positioning him slightly further away, it is possible to gain significantly better levels for Leif, which would obviously be helpful/useful. The reason this came up again is that in a recent discussion it was brought up that the Thracia 776 TAS can probably be improved by implementing this strategy into the playthrough.

This clear completes the chapter (which I define as skipping the option to save the game) in 2 minutes and 26 seconds, roughly 46 seconds faster than the full game TAS on nico nico. If not having Dagdar ends up being a problem, I can wait on turn 2 without doing anything and recruit his entire company for the cost of about 14 seconds without messing anything up.

Again, there are no real plans to pursue this any further seriously at the moment (especially given general business in RL). I do have a TAS input file available though, so if anyone wants to work on this, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Edited by ruadath

• 2 weeks later...