The Worst Mistake You Made When You First Started Playing FE

Captain Karnage

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt fight with my lord because I wanted to keep them out of danger

I, uh, let everyone die, because I was shit at tactics back then.

But I paid for my insolence dealt with the consequences of my actions and never once restarted a chapter unless I gameover'd, and I'm proud of past-me for having that resolve, considering how even series veterans tend to not like playing ironman...

Ya, these two pretty much summed up my mistakes, I would never use my Lords like ever and the only other two units I could ever keep alive were Oswin and Marcus (Needless to say, I'm better at FE now)

The worse mistake for me, is that I didn't even know that combat was turn based. I thought that it was like Pokemon or some shit. When Chrom got a 3% crit I thought it was because I entered a special command.

You can flog me now.

I don't want to seem rude but...Why did you tought that It has a gameplay similar to Pokémon? I mean, if you did the tutorial, you'll quickly that they are different in every aspect.

Anyway, I used to promote my units instantly at level 10.

I blame Lyn's mode and wallace for this old mistake of mine.

I never checked enemy inventory or range(resulting in a lot of flier deaths) and also made most of the mistakes already mentioned in the thread. Failure to learn from said mistakes was the theme of my first play through.

I did stupid things like attacking one sole mercenary surrounded by fighters with a lance rather than a sword, not realizing I would get destroyed on enemy phase. Checking enemy range was also something I neglected, resulting in a lot of flyer and armor deaths by effective weapons.

Well, if we are talking about My first fire emblem game, I guess you could say this: Everything was dying, and I did not think to restart because the game never mentioned it. I thought Nolan was bad and Illyiana was good, Used the latter and promoted her in chapter 7. Over 25 units died in that playthrough. Like someone else said, I had no clue that FE was a strategy RPG, so I thought that the hits were based on some command like pressing B durring battle.

Edited by Lord Tullus

I don't want to seem rude but...Why did you tought that It has a gameplay similar to Pokémon? I mean, if you did the tutorial, you'll quickly that they are different in every aspect.

Anyway, I used to promote my units instantly at level 10.

I blame Lyn's mode and wallace for this old mistake of mine.

Nah, you're good.

To explain, I did the tutorial, but didn't fully grasp it till I played it more. In other words I didn't pay attention.

Not leveling Ike because I thought he sucked and looked stupid. I was maybe 10 at e time, and watched my father play radiant dawn, so I got path of radiance at the local family video with my allowance money and played it.

I didn't level Ike, and had major problems when he was promoted automatically. Luckily I stopped before I got too far, and didn't touch it again until a few years back when I started over. I can't imagine how much of a pain the Ashnard fight would of been with Ike not leveled past 12 in pre promote, and maybe level 5 at promotion.

Edited by Tolvir

Sacred Stones was my first. Let's see..........

• I thought all pre-promotes were OP, best units in the game, nothing could compare because they were already promoted (including Rennac)
  • I thought anyone who wasn't promoted were horrible and were immediately benched (except Ephraim and Gerik, because even the biggest of n00bs could see they were amazing)
  • My name is Seth, and I played the game through the 3DS Ambassador Program, so I thought the game used the name registered in my 3DS for Seth the Paladin
  • Because of what is mentioned above, I thought Seth was the protagonist until halfway through the game
  • I didn't understand how stats worked
  • I promoted as early as possible because I thought it wasn't beneficial to wait
  • I didn't understand permadeath until halfway through the game
  • I lost Franz early on and forgot he was a character until my second playthrough. I was so confused as to who he was
  • I horded literally everything
  • I don't even remember if I used a healer or not
  • I thought Knoll was good

And that's all I remember.

-I thought any all stat boosters were useless junk and were sold as soon as possible.

-I also didn't know how the afa's drops worked, and gave them to my Erk (who got benched like 4 chapters later lol).

-Tried giving Ninian a sword

-Skipping every single cutscene (rip Guy)

-Ditching Sain and Kent for Lowen

-Benching Seth, and any pre promote not named Niime, Karel, Perceval, Pent or any Gotoh

Edited by Limstella

-I thought any all stat boosters were useless junk and were sold as soon as possible.

-I also didn't know how the afa's drops worked, and gave them to my Erk (who got benched like 4 chapters later lol).

-Tried giving Ninian a sword

-Skipping every single cutscene (rip Guy)

-Ditching Sain and Kent for Lowen

-Benching Seth, and any pre promote not named Niime, Karel, Perceval, Pent or any Gotoh

Dude, Pent is the only good one of the prepromotes you mentioned (especially if that's FE7 Karel)