Serenes Forest Interviews Lady Corrin w/ AMA Event! [Closed]

Elieson

Good question! I'm not sure if my voice would be distracting or not. I would probably want to play female but is there an option of me romancing Scarlet? or only boys can do that? :P

To answer your question, Scarlet can only be romanced by the male Corrins.

There actually IS a same-sex marriage option for both the male and female Corrins, but its restricted to only one character per gender: female Corrin's only same-sex option is Rhajat (voiced by Stepanie Sheh).

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Miss Marcella! I'm so glad I joined this forum in time to catch your AMA session. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us! It's so exciting to have someone in SF who's worked on the game we all enjoy. I played Corrin in Smash 4 before Fates came out, and I remember feeling so happy to hear a voice I'd never heard before! I main female Corrin, so it's so neat to have the chance to chat with you! Thank you for your hard work; I hope we get to hear your voice in many more projects to come! :D

Anyway, a lot of these questions have been about voice acting, so I think I'll mix it up a little bit and keep my voice acting questions to a minimum.

1. What do you personally want to work/improve on in your acting career?
  2. Do you like sweet things? If so, what are your favorite sweets or desserts?
  3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
  4. How do you like your eggs cooked? (im a scrambled type of person)
  5. Tell us about one of your favorite memories! It doesn't have to be acting related c:
  6. This is completely optional, but would it be too much to ask of you to post a little snippet of you saying anything you like in female Corrin's voice? it would be nice to finish the AMA session with something you said!

Thanks again for all you do! I hope you have a good time in the Forest! :D

YES!! I'm a huge harry potter (the books) geek. I love game of thrones. I loved the lord of the rings (need to read the books). I'm really into witches and the history of witches. wizard of oz (book and movie), alice and wonderland (the book is incredible).

If you have any good recommendations for witchy books I'd love to hear them :)

i feel like we could be friends.

Cool thread! Thanks for taking the time out to do this! Now i gotta ask who your favorite Game of Thrones character is!

Also, im not sure if its been asked (if it has, ignore), but if you could, would you voice act for Fire Emblem in a future installment?

Good question! I'm not sure if my voice would be distracting or not. I would probably want to play female but is there an option of me romancing Scarlet? or only boys can do that? :P

My parents are actors and my dad mostly only did voice overs. I started doing voice overs when I was 8 and really got into it. I grew up in recording booths and in studios, it's definitely another home for me. But I've known I was going to be an actor since I was 4, no joke.

The sad part is that only male Corrin can marry Scarlet. There's a part in me that wishes Scarlet could support with the other Hoshido characters, especially Ryoma. It'd also be interesting to see Scarlet teasing Takumi.

A few more questions:

-What's your favorite Pokémon?

-I also noticed you voiced Jin in Avatar: The Last Airbender. What tribe best fits you out of Water, Fire, Air, and Earth?

Whoa, its not every day you get to talk to a voice actor, especially from my favorite video game series! Hi Marcella! Its a pleasure to meet you! I'm not really sure what to say here so sorry if this comes out as a little rude, but I have enjoyed hearing your voice work in FE Fates. Although I hadn't played as female Corrin in Fates I always play as her in Smash Bros. over the male Corrin but in Fates I play as the male Corrin so its a nice little trade off. As for Scarlet, I really enjoyed her character, we don't get a rebellious character (or something like the Dawn Brigade from FE Radiant Dawn for the Wii) in FE very often so I liked her immediately! I haven't seen her confession but it would've been nice to have more support conversations with her and other characters to possibly discuss more about her and the rebellion that she lead.

I do have a few questions though. Just how early do you come in for the recording sessions? I'm curious because if you watch the announcement trailer for FE Fates the characters have voice acting so it would mean that you know that the game is being developed before the official announcement. So, how do you know that the game is being developed and how early do you come in for the voice recordings? Oh, and one more thing, how early did you know that Corrin was going to be in Smash Bros?

Sorry if this is took too long to read, I tend to talk a lot when I get excited. Well, anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and joining our forums to speak with us! We all appreciate it and would love for you to stay and get to know us more! That is if you can, feel free to stop by anytime!

1. It's hard to get into any medium of acting. It's a tough town period. that being the said the voice over world is small.

2. I LOVE fantasy! I don't play video games but If i did I would 100% be playing a fantasy game. Something that take some into another world. You ee, one of the reasons I don't play video games is because for me acting is like playing a real life video game. I get the thrill of being in another world when I'm working :)

3. hell yea!! I would've to! Voicing the same character or new ones, I love this game and the fanbase :)

4. I'd love to do a Blizzard game as I have a lot of friends who work there so it would be Special if I could do one of their games. Any game or series that is high fantasy, or weird/bizzarre, or pushing the envelope...

Thank you!! xo M

Thanks for the great responses! You did a great job in the game, and I hope we can see you thrive in your future endeavours :) And if you here anything about the next game, please tell us xD

Two last questions. If you were to play video games, would you play them for the gameplay/mechanics or the plot? I mainly play FE because of the plot, but the mechanics are also integral to the series.

Talking about certain mechanics, which mode would you rather play with if you did play the game? Normal (where most characters permanently die), Casual (brought back after a battle) or Phoenix (a character is revived in the next turn)?

Ohhhh man Alice in Wonderland and LotR (the movies, tbh. the books are fine but the movies are a+) are two of my favorite things of all time!

This opens up an important question, though: what Hogwarts house are you? (hufflepuff representing, here)

(I'll try to think of some witchy books!)

Gryffindor all the way! Though.... Ravenclaw has always intrigued me and never gets any press.

That's the drawback to keep avoiding leaks I guess. They should trust their VAs more, they would get an even better work! It must be a difficult part of the job, to apoint the voice with both appearence and personality, even when you saw a picture. It's something irrational, sometimes there's a little gap between the voice and the design, but often they match. Fates is very good on this point fortunately.

The LotR books are very good. There's a whole world outside of the events shown during the films, split between the appendix (at the end of The Return Of The King, with the future of the characters) and a lot of (big) books. The first three Harry Potter films were wonderful in my opinion (John Williams' music!), but it became awful after the 4th, because they changed the team and made it darker.

I Loved the first 3 HP's! John Williams is a genius and his music perfectly matched the music in my head while reading the books. That score IS Harry Potter. I liked the later ones as well but I think that's just because I love being in that world so much I look past it's flaws.

I don't have any questions to ask right now since almost everything I came up with has already been asked.

But I will use this thread to thank Ms. Lentz-Pope for agreeing to do this AMA, and to tell you that I loved your work as Corrin in FE:Fates and Smash Bros.

I hope to hear your voice in more games in the future, as well as returning as Corrin in upcoming Smash Bros. games.

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate all of your kind words and support! Check out and share my Facebook page for updates to FE!

Even if you're no good at video games, have you ever considered taking up tabletop gaming with any of your fellow voice actors? Working with Matt Mercer and Marisha Ray and many others who worked on Fates concurrently, were you ever interested in being on a show like Critical Role?

No I've never thought os that... Although I would be a newbie and would need to learn lot to start, that might be fun :) I'm not in the same place as Matt Right now so it might be hard to sit down and play with him though :P

To answer your question, Scarlet can only be romanced by the male Corrins.

There actually IS a same-sex marriage option for both the male and female Corrins, but its restricted to only one character per gender: female Corrin's only same-sex option is Rhajat (voiced by Stepanie Sheh).

that's still so cool!!!

Hi, Miss Marcella! I'm so glad I joined this forum in time to catch your AMA session. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us! It's so exciting to have someone in SF who's worked on the game we all enjoy. I played Corrin in Smash 4 before Fates came out, and I remember feeling so happy to hear a voice I'd never heard before! I main female Corrin, so it's so neat to have the chance to chat with you! Thank you for your hard work; I hope we get to hear your voice in many more projects to come! :D

Anyway, a lot of these questions have been about voice acting, so I think I'll mix it up a little bit and keep my voice acting questions to a minimum.

1. What do you personally want to work/improve on in your acting career?
  2. Do you like sweet things? If so, what are your favorite sweets or desserts?
  3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
  4. How do you like your eggs cooked? (im a scrambled type of person)
  5. Tell us about one of your favorite memories! It doesn't have to be acting related c:
  6. This is completely optional, but would it be too much to ask of you to post a little snippet of you saying anything you like in female Corrin's voice? it would be nice to finish the AMA session with something you said!

Thanks again for all you do! I hope you have a good time in the Forest! :D

Hey! ha! these are greta :)

1. I want to always be able to push myself further and get uncomfortable. When you're uncomfortable, truly great things happen.

2. Chocolate! All th way. Dark Chocolate. None of that fake milk chocolate stuff ;P

3. Dog person definitely. But I also have cats.

4. Benedict. Soft boiled, hard boiled, scrambled... I like eggs.

5. walking down the street with my dad when I was 10 or so and we heard "My girl" playing in a store. my ad started singing the song and dancing down the street and others started gathering around watching us while he was singing to me.

6. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, But I will try :)

i feel like we could be friends.

Cool thread! Thanks for taking the time out to do this! Now i gotta ask who your favorite Game of Thrones character is!

Also, im not sure if its been asked (if it has, ignore), but if you could, would you voice act for Fire Emblem in a future installment?

Mother of Dragons... I wish I was her.

Yes of course I would!! I love this series and would love to be a part of it until everyone gets tired of me!

The sad part is that only male Corrin can marry Scarlet. There's a part in me that wishes Scarlet could support with the other Hoshido characters, especially Ryoma. It'd also be interesting to see Scarlet teasing Takumi.

A few more questions:

-What's your favorite Pokémon?

-I also noticed you voiced Jin in Avatar: The Last Airbender. What tribe best fits you out of Water, Fire, Air, and Earth?

Charmander. When I was a kid I thought he was cute and I loved the fire on his tail.

And fire... I've always been attracted to fire. I used to fire hula hoop :P

Edited by TheRealMLP

Whoa, its not every day you get to talk to a voice actor, especially from my favorite video game series! Hi Marcella! Its a pleasure to meet you! I'm not really sure what to say here so sorry if this comes out as a little rude, but I have enjoyed hearing your voice work in FE Fates. Although I hadn't played as female Corrin in Fates I always play as her in Smash Bros. over the male Corrin but in Fates I play as the male Corrin so its a nice little trade off. As for Scarlet, I really enjoyed her character, we don't get a rebellious character (or something like the Dawn Brigade from FE Radiant Dawn for the Wii) in FE very often so I liked her immediately! I haven't seen her confession but it would've been nice to have more support conversations with her and other characters to possibly discuss more about her and the rebellion that she lead.

I do have a few questions though. Just how early do you come in for the recording sessions? I'm curious because if you watch the announcement trailer for FE Fates the characters have voice acting so it would mean that you know that the game is being developed before the official announcement. So, how do you know that the game is being developed and how early do you come in for the voice recordings? Oh, and one more thing, how early did you know that Corrin was going to be in Smash Bros?

Sorry if this is took too long to read, I tend to talk a lot when I get excited. Well, anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and joining our forums to speak with us! We all appreciate it and would love for you to stay and get to know us more! That is if you can, feel free to stop by anytime!

Hey! No problem at all, thanks for welcoming me!

So for each game it's very different. Sometimes I come in before any animation has been done, sometimes I come in to voice dub over other languages, sometimes it's a mix of the 2. Usually it's always the first. So I'll come in and record the lines and then they'll add in the animation to fit the recording.

Voice recording is always very early on in the process which is why we have to sign the non discolor agreements. It can sometimes be 1 year before the game is released and we're allowed to talk about it.

I did not know Corrin was going to be in smash brothers tis they called me in to record for smash brothers. I didn't even know what I was doing until I show up. Then they told me "So we want you to reprise a voice you did on another game a few months ago" :)

Thanks for the great responses! You did a great job in the game, and I hope we can see you thrive in your future endeavours :) And if you here anything about the next game, please tell us xD

Two last questions. If you were to play video games, would you play them for the gameplay/mechanics or the plot? I mainly play FE because of the plot, but the mechanics are also integral to the series.

Talking about certain mechanics, which mode would you rather play with if you did play the game? Normal (where most characters permanently die), Casual (brought back after a battle) or Phoenix (a character is revived in the next turn)?

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to talk about eh next games but if/when I can, I will. Follow me on my Facebook page to be informed of any of my work :)

Plot for sure. I enjoy movies, so if a game was more like a movie I would probably play it ;P

Phoenix sounds pretty cool, but maybe that's just because I like the name haha!

Hello, Miss Marcella, glad to see you around here! I'm bad for questions, so I only wanted to send a small greetings from Mexico to you! Your voice is the one I use in my Corrin, I feel like is the perfect one for my character.

Have a good day and good luck in your next works!

Thank you for gracing us with your presence! I'd say it's kind of surreal having people that was actually involved in the games we love pay us a visit.

How strict are those Non-disclosure agreements? (You don't have to address this if you want. Considering the nature of the subject.)

How did you feel doing the voice work for Smash Bros. Kamui/Corrin right then and there? That spontaneous role reprisal must have been quite the thing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I Loved the first 3 HP's! John Williams is a genius and his music perfectly matched the music in my head while reading the books. That score IS Harry Potter. I liked the later ones as well but I think that's just because I love being in that world so much I look past it's flaws.

Exactly what I'm thinking! I did not like the whole forbidden spells/transplanation/black&white clouds thing (too easy). A lot of stuff doen't even make sense after the third, especially the Goblet of Fire. When you plan a deadly shampionship like that, don't cry if one of your student get killed!

Anyway, it seems like you often meet Matthew Mercer, my favourite male voice actor. Actually, he's the one that did lead me to think that voice clips were edited (the difference between Ryoma's deep voice and the lighter voice of Shigure surprised me a lot!), but now I know that they aren't :). I always wondered how he is in real life. In fact, you, Matt and Stephanie Sheh are my favourite VAs in Fates, so if you meet them, could you give them a huge"Thank you" from the community here? And they are welcome too if they wish ;)

6. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, But I will try :)

If it's not too much to ask, you can record with Audacity (free) and then upload it on Dropbox, Vocaroo, or something like that. I like the idead but we don't want to force you !

It's funny, some of your posts lead me to think that you're working on FE Mobile. If so, that'd be great. We'll have to wait and see I guess :)

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Hello, Miss Marcella, glad to see you around here! I'm bad for questions, so I only wanted to send a small greetings from Mexico to you! Your voice is the one I use in my Corrin, I feel like is the perfect one for my character.

Have a good day and good luck in your next works!

Awww thanks so much! I always love hearing that people appreciate my work. Have fun and keep playing!

Thank you for gracing us with your presence! I'd say it's kind of surreal having people that was actually involved in the games we love pay us a visit.

How strict are those Non-disclosure agreements? (You don't have to address this if you want. Considering the nature of the subject.)

How did you feel doing the voice work for Smash Bros. Kamui/Corrin right then and there? That spontaneous role reprisal must have been quite the thing.

They are incredibly strict. I can not mention the game, names, characters, company.

It's fun! It's like all the games that I do. You're reading all the lines for the first time int he recording booth and once you get into the right groove, the rhythm, everything flows easily and you don't have to try or think at all. You're in it.

Exactly what I'm thinking! I did not like the whole forbidden spells/transplanation/black&white clouds thing (too easy). A lot of stuff doen't even make sense after the third, especially the Goblet of Fire. When you plan a deadly shampionship like that, don't cry if one of your student get killed!

Anyway, it seems like you often meet Matthew Mercer, my favourite male voice actor. Actually, he's the one that did lead me to think that voice clips were edited (the difference between Ryoma's deep voice and the lighter voice of Shigure surprised me a lot!), but now I know that they aren't :). I always wondered how he is in real life. In fact, you, Matt and Stephanie Sheh are my favourite VAs in Fates, so if you meet them, could you give them a huge"Thank you" from the community here? And they are welcome too if they wish ;)

If it's not too much to ask, you can record with Audacity (free) and then upload it on Dropbox, Vocaroo, or something like that. I like the idead but we don't want to force you !

It's funny, some of your posts lead me to think that you're working on FE Mobile. If so, that'd be great. We'll have to wait and see I guess :)

Very true, but I think they're explained so much better int eh books than in the movies!!

I do, and I love Matt! There are times where they enhance our voices or warp them depending on the character. For instance Matt's character in League of Legends (my partner), was deepened so that it could have that animalistic quality extra hard to it. They'll sometimes add echoes and what not as well, to give it an effect. I thought you were talking about the more realistic sounding voices which are our own. Once and awhile they play around with the pitch etc, but they wouldn't be able to do much without what we give them to begin with ;)

And I will definitely tell him Thank you!!!