Serenes Forest Interviews Lady Corrin w/ AMA Event! [Closed]

Elieson

Oh, boy, I have a full game of dialogue I'm working on...

Um... Think you can do the following one-liners (using any woman-like voice you want, if that makes sense):

• "Oh, hello!"
  • "Let me see..."
  • Disappointed "Aw..."
  • "Nice!"
  • "Think you can help?"
Edited by Power Master

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Marcella, thank you so much for this opportunity to learn more about you as a voice actor, and also some things about the world of voice acting.

Did you ever work directly with other voice actors in or outside of recording? I could imagine many of the cast coming out of recording and talking to eachother in character. And if you did happen to work with them directly, who did you most enjoy working with and why?

also I saw that you are taking requests for voice lines, I can't think of much things original to say, but I was wondering as Corrin if you could say to our group chat "Us Saltees must stick together, as together, nothing can stand in our way".

I know it a sort of selfish request but our group has been formed since the announcement of fire emblem fates, we were total strangers at first, but we've since become the best of friends over our love of this game.

And if you have time for a second one could you say in Scarlets voice "What's up you meme loving fricks?"

Thank you once again for your time, Marcella. And I speak from everyone that we hope to see you again, or "hear" from you again. (That was my attempt at a voice acting joke, I'm so sorry)

Edited by WayAboveSociety

Voice requests? Cool! May you please do the following if you have any free time (in Corrin's voice)? It's okay if you're busy.

"Pick a God and pray!"

"I fight for my friends!"

"Time to tip the scales!"

(They're Fire Emblem classics.)

"Kill me if you want, but, do it as yourself..."

And this one you don't need to do because it's so long. Sorry!

"Xander... your sword... lay it down for me. Nohr needs more from you. Not just your strength... What we need is caring... and a warm hand... and tears. That's the way. Try to be... at peace..."

That's Elise's death quote from Birthright.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could do those please. If you don't want to do all of them, that's absolutely fine. Thankyou if you can. :D What are some of your favourite quotes? And if you had to voice another character in Fates, who would it be?

Thanks again!

Edited by Elementar

Thank you! I will definitely do that! I will try to get it up this week and if not I will send it to Chris to share with all of you.

anything in particular you'd like me to say? I'm taking requests ;)

Oh, requests!! I'm sure you already have a lot, but it would just be amazing to hear someone voice some lines from my OC. In Corrin's voice could you please say: "Do you think you'll remember me? Even if ten years pass, or twenty, or thirty or fifty, will you still look back and see me, just the way I am now? ...Thank you. The way you made me want to live means more than you could ever know."

oh my god im so sorry for requesting something so long and dramatic you don't have to do all of it if you don't want to or don't have time thank you so much aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been reading through the thread here, and notice that you like some Harry Potter and LotR, and some Alice in Wonderland. Naturally, that would mean that J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Lewis Carroll would be among your favorite authors. But are there any others of note?

Didn't know about this thread until just now, and I don't exactly have many questions. This one, as a matter of fact, was a little more "on the spot" than usual for me.

Edited by Just call me AL

Voice clip requests. This opportunity doesn't come often so I had to think about it. Thanks, though!

For Corrin:

"No, Azura, you are the ocean's gray waves! (you can sing it if you want to)

"Stop the shoe tyranny!"

"What are you eating under there?"

"You thought your first kiss would be Azura, but it was I, Corrin!" (original quote, if that would help)

And this one's for Scarlet:

"You do know that I'm already dating your lobster brother, right?"

Edited by Lightchao42

Can you say What's wrong? Are you just going to watch as this happens? Was that a mistake? That's right! I am thou, thou art I. Just as it should be. For the sake of the justice you believe in, make the blasphemers repent! Now, let us begin! Once your fate has been determined, we shall meet again. Hahahaha! in corrin's voice?

Greetings from Mexico, Marcella!!! This is an amazing experience to see you here and ask you a question!

So here are my questions:

I see that you voiced Kindred from League Of Legends, what was your first impression when they asked for you to voice Kindred?

What is your favourite video game overall and if you had created a game, of what would it be?

And voice request:

Can you say this in any voice you want:

"The unseen blade is the deadliest"

Thanks for everything and for answering my questions, I really love your voice acting!

Edited by Maxwigx

Ok that sounds super great. I love mysteries too. I think it would be a good starting off point for me and games.

Awesome! Here's the trailer for the game:

And this is related to the above video, so here's my voice request: Can you shout "Objection!" like in the trailer using Corrin's voice?

Guys, keep the requests reasonable.

"Stop the shoe tyranny!"

I second this though.

Also...

For the voice request, can you say "Time to take out the trash!" in either Scarlet or Corrin's voice as a critical quote?

Ms. Marcella, if you choose to do this specific one, will you allow me to overlay it on a critical quote video of the game and post it here?

Edited by shadowofchaos

For voice requests, can you say as Fem!Corrin:

"I shall guard her...I am the Templar of Faith! Einheria Heinkel!" (Pronounced: IGH-n-heer-ee-uh high-n-kuh-l) (Igh pronounced like in the word "high")

If possible, could I use this afterwards for something else?

If not, can you say the following line down here instead?

"I am Domino! Shoes are overrated! Hashtag team sandals!"

Edited by terrayoh

For my voice requests, how about doing Sully's (from Fire Emblem Awakening) critical quotes in Scarlet's voice? Both Scarlet and Sully sound similar:

-"I'll kill you twice!"
-"So long, chump!"

-"Where should I stab ya?!"
-"To hell with you!"

Also "Kept you waiting, huh?" (Solid Snake's catchphrase), "I challenge my fate!" (one of Lucina's critical quotes in Awakening) in female Corrin's voice.

And a few questions before this all ends:

-Since you're a big Harry Potter fan, have you heard of "Potter Puppet Pals?" (

is the most famous episode if you're interested in watching it)

-Hoshido or Nohr?

-Do you look at the glass half empty or half full?

Marcella, I really like Scarlet! Thank you for voicing her! Do you think she could sing? If so what song?

I thought she could sing Florence's verses in Chess: the Musical's I Know Him So Well and I don't know why. (Do you think she can too?)

Edited by Dangerus

My only question is have you had the opportunity to connect with Ms. Rena Strober (Azura's voice actress from Fire Emblem Fates)? She is also a member of the forums and recorded herself singing the game's title song Lost in Thoughts All Alone for the Serenes Forest Community.

Here is the video of her singing:

I don't think Marcella knew what she was getting into...

...Indeed, and neither was SF ^_^

First Reina Strober and now MLP =O

Welcome to Serenes Forest, Marcella.

Questions:

What is your favorite vegetable?

If you were in Corrin's... feet, would you pick Hoshido, Nohr, or refuse to pick a side?

Do you know what flavor of tea Jin was drinking during her debut? Do you like drinking tea?

Did you ever improvise any of Lamb's lines? Was it fun working with someone else to provide the two voices of Kindred?

Voice line request:

Corrin: "Can't we all just get along?"

Questions:

1. Do you feel that Corrin (F) in Smash Bros. has a different tone than in Fates due to being in different atmosphere?

2. To what extent do you know about Fire Emblem? Are you a big fan, or was this particular game something you got in to?

3. Did any of the other voice actors in Fates catch your attention? Do you know any of them personally?

Edit: Voice Request (Corrin F)- I had more fun in Smash Bros than this fight.

Edited by auraninja

Greetings and welcome Marcella!
I hope your stay in this forest has been nice!

If I'm not too late to ask, I'll pose this question:

I know you haven't had the chance to play Fire Emblem Fates (yet), but I wanted to ask, if you would like to show us how you would customize your own Corrin using this tool?:
(Provided it's not too much trouble for you)

https://serenesforest.net/app/kamui/

As for voice requests...hm...I'll request either a critical quote that doesn't exist in Fire Emblem Fates (since it would be a spoiler technically):

"For Valla!"

Or for levity's sake:

"Who are you calling Nohrian Scum?"

In closing, I'd like to thank you for this AMA. It's been really fascinating to hear what goes on "behind the scenes" for VA work, and getting to know someone who works hard to bring these games to life through their voice. Again, thank you for sharing this with us, and thank you for emodying F!Corrin and Scarlet Fire Emblem Fates!

For Corrin:

"No, Azura, you are the ocean's gray waves! (you can sing it if you want to)

"Stop the shoe tyranny!"

And this one's for Scarlet:

"You do know that I'm already dating your lobster brother, right?"

I second this, especially the last one, haha! I try to think to requests, but I don't see one in particular. How long can it be?

Maybe these supports lines (from Corrin) I remember from the game, the one you prefer:

- "Yes. And I don't think it was entirely because of your bloodlust. Xander saw the kindness in you, and that's why he wanted you in his company. I want to make sure I recognize and reward kindness, just as he did."

- "Oh, er, I was just reviewing my agenda for the rest of the day."

- "I thought you'd say that... but I think happiness might still find a way to you... Because my wish was for you to live a happy life."

- " *sigh* That’s the last of my junk. I had so much. Old clothes, busted swords, my childhood stuffed bear… fly thee now to thy eternal rest, Mr. Pookie... [...] She…she took Mr. Pookie…"

- What a beautiful blue stone. I'll wear it always. Thank you. I suppose the next thing to do is go talk with Xander... What do you mean, "huh"? If we're going to be wed, my brother must be told. Don't worry. He won't kill you. Probably."

Or this sad cutscene from the game, it's very longand very difficult to perform: "I can't cry... I must stay strong... If I cry now, Ryoma's sacrifice will have been in vain... I am King Garon's child! A cold, heartless, prince/princess! That is my disguise. I can't falter. I chose to follow my heart, to walk the path of darkness... I am Corrin/Aether [my avatar's name] the traitor! And so I must remain until the bitter end. I must rejoice in the sorrow of my enemies. I must...revel in their deaths. I have no right to cry over Ryoma...over my...my brother... No!! I can't... I mustn't... *sob* WHY?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! Ryoma! Brother!! *sob...sob...* Azura... *sniffle* I couldn't...protect him... I promised Hinoka I'd save him. That we'd all be a family again one day... But it was a lie, just like everything in my life. all I do is hurt the ones I love! *sob*"

Or I'll try to think to something else different. Or "I'm so sorry everyone, I feel like I have no choice but to... join Smash!"

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

If you could design a character for Fire Emblem by way of character principles that you'd love to voice in a final production, how would you design them? Just to clarify, I'm not asking for anything visual but more along the lines of: What kinds of morals would they have? What sorts of hobbies or interests would they have? etc.

Would you like to return to voicing for Fire Emblem in the next few entries?

Would you ever dress as a character you've voiced at a convention and go around in character answering with the character's voice and mannerisms just to mess with people?

I love an underdog. So maybe someone who is socially awkward, quiet or shy. Had a troubled childhood or incident that really stuck with him/her. No one expects anything from them but out of no where when someone needs help, they're there. They're stubborn to a fault and all though others don't understand them, others respect and care for them. hobbies? probably something like carving figurines out of wood.

I would LOVE to return to Fates!!

good question! Depending on the character, maybe. It would be quite fun!