Did Nohr and Hoshido existed after or before Altea ?

WinterOkami

Haha, I'm not really sure either. As mentioned, we don't even know if the world of Fates lies in the same plane of existence as Archanea/Ylisse.

One thing we can deduce is that during the time of Fates, the dragons had already started degenerating.

OUTREALMS SON

Can't really say, because Hoshido/Nohr's history occurs in a completely different realm from FE1/3 Archenea. I guess the answer is whatever is most interesting for you, because Outrealms make all possibilities correct

You made me laugh, that was great.

As useful it is to use the outrealms though it makes the story line look lazy but hey they hired a detective story writer for a medieval-fantasy game, not like it's their only mistake.

I think Fates come first since Corrin, the Rainbow Sage and Kana are the only known dragons I guess all others like the Manakete and the Earth dragons could be descendants. Manakete definetly are descended of the Rainbow Sage's species imo since they have similar abilities like creating illusions, seeing the future and awakening/forging divine weapons. Silent Dragons I think got extincted on the other hand since Kana seems to have less dragon traits than Corrin {Red eyes, less pointy ears}

Edited by WinterOkami

If we're talking about similarities, I figured Silent Dragons might be related to

[spoiler=Radiant Dawn spoilers]Ashunera

Both can see the future, read minds and reanimate the dead.

Actually, I wonder if all of the First Dragons had those powers...

You made me laugh, that was great.

As useful it is to use the outrealms though it makes the story line look lazy but hey they hired a detective story writer for a medieval-fantasy game, not like it's their only mistake.

I think Fates come first since Corrin, the Rainbow Sage and Kana are the only known dragons I guess all others like the Manakete and the Earth dragons could be descendants. Manakete definetly are descended of the Rainbow Sage's species imo since they have similar abilities like creating illusions, seeing the future and awakening/forging divine weapons. Silent Dragons I think got extincted on the other hand since Kana seems to have less dragon traits than Corrin {Red eyes, less pointy ears}

I personally like to see the silent dragons as the scraped Sea Dragons from FE1 myself, with the events of Fates being one of the post degeneration human dragon wars myself.

If we're talking about similarities, I figured Silent Dragons might be related to

[spoiler=Radiant Dawn spoilers]Ashunera

Both can see the future, read minds and reanimate the dead.

Actually, I wonder if all of the First Dragons had those powers...

Considering both Naga and Grima show similar abilities in Awakening, and Tiki's backstory stating if she were to degenerate, the whole world is doomed, I wonder if Silent Dragons are on par with Divine Dragons, maybe even being relatives of a sort.

Silent Dragons are just a type of First Dragon, right? The First Dragons were "Divine Ancestral Dragons" in the Japanese version, so it's not a stretch for them to be related to Divine Dragons. The only confusing bit is the "ancestral" part--were they the ancestors of the dragons or the humans or both/neither?

Perhaps not canon, but Kana's TCG card calls her a "Black/White Divine Dragon Princess". It could be just convenient shorthand though.

Edited by VincentASM

Just wondering about it since both Shadow Dragon/Mystery of The Emblem and Fates take place thousand of years before Awakening and I am unsure as to who comes first or if they coexisted.

Well, in the japanese Version, Anna will ask you, if you invite her in your room, to open with her a new shop called "The secret shop", which may hint that Fates does indeed happen ​before ​ FE1, 3 and their respectives remake, since, in these games, there are several shops called...the secret shop.

Well, in the japanese Version, Anna will ask you, if you invite her in your room, to open with her a new shop called "The secret shop", which may hint that Fates does indeed happen ​before ​ FE1, 3 and their respectives remake, since, in these games, there are several shops called...the secret shop.

CorrinxAna Canon ?

For Silent Dragons to have descendants without breeding they'd have to be like Garon : receive huge amount of dragon blood/energy to the point of transforming. {Now that I think of it maybe if Anankos had a dragonstone none of this mess would have happened which is a plothole since if Azura can make dragonstones that mean that her family was able to do so which means Anankos going mad was out of meaning}.

So yeah unless Corrin gives all her/his powers to Kana known as a dragon child in the epilogue then that would explain how the power spread. This way you have dragon like creatures but don't look so draconic so to speak like Tiki.

Edited by WinterOkami

CorrinxAna Canon ?

For Silent Dragons to have descendants without breeding they'd have to be like Garon : receive huge amount of dragon blood/energy to the point of transforming. {Now that I think of it maybe if Anankos had a dragonstone none of this mess would have happened which is a plothole since if Azura can make dragonstones that mean that her family was able to do so which means Anankos going mad was out of meaning}.

So yeah unless Corrin gives all her/his powers to Kana known as a dragon child in the epilogue then that would explain how the power spread. This way you have dragon like creatures but don't look so draconic so to speak like Tiki.

Anankos has a dragonstone iirc. It's the stone plot device Azura uses to reveal Gooran in Birthrout and Conquest, however it became too low on power to keep Anankos contained, so he degenerated anyway

Silent Dragons are just a type of First Dragon, right? The First Dragons were "Divine Ancestral Dragons" in the Japanese version, so it's not a stretch for them to be related to Divine Dragons. The only confusing bit is the "ancestral" part--were they the ancestors of the dragons or the humans or both/neither?

Perhaps not canon, but Kana's TCG card calls her a "Black/White Divine Dragon Princess". It could be just convenient shorthand though.

My gosh. I've been mishearing and misreading it this whole time to 真相竜 True Ancestor Dragon instead of 神相竜. My gosh, it all makes more sense in sentence now.

Frick "Shinsouryu".

Edited by shadowofchaos

My gosh. I've been mishearing and misreading it this whole time to 真相竜 True Ancestor Dragon instead of 神相竜. My gosh, it all makes more sense in sentence now.

Frick "Shinsouryu".

FE Fates takes place in the Nasuverse confirmed.

But seriously, the only real relation we're given to any other FE game is that Fates takes place before Awakening which takes place after every other FE game.

I'm pretty sure that "Silent Dragon" is just Anankos's title and not a certain subspecies of dragon.

CorrinxAna Canon ?

Anankos does have a dragonstone; it's the gem in Azura's pendant. Though if a Anankos could use a dragonstone to stop his degenration he probably would, so it probably wouldn't have helped.

Edited by Lightchao42

Haha, I'm not really sure either. As mentioned, we don't even know if the world of Fates lies in the same plane of existence as Archanea/Ylisse.

One thing we can deduce is that during the time of Fates, the dragons had already started degenerating.

In the Xenologue, Before Awakening, didn't Chrom say that Hoshido and Nohr were mythical lands?

In the Xenologue, Before Awakening, didn't Chrom say that Hoshido and Nohr were mythical lands?

Yup, although I'm not sure if it means they're mythical as in "really old" or "made up". I guess the former makes more sense.