Should the next major entry in the Fire Emblem series support VR?

Sånıc Bÿm

Should the next major entry in the Fire Emblem series support VR?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next major entry in the Fire Emblem series support VR?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care either way.
    • Fire Emblem is dead to me.
    • はい!!マイ・ルームへ入りたいですね!!

I actually think a lot of Fire Emblem's visuals would be much more appreciable in a VR kind of environment, and I'm sure that it could be done right so I've voted, (partially in truth and partially for the lolz) "はい!!マイ・ルームへ入りたいですね!!"

In all seriousness, certain features such as 'My Room' would be more visually appealing in VR. I'm actually hoping to see more combat angles that could be provided, especially if the VR camera focuses on your Avatar's viewpoint unless an option is changed. Think about standing beside a favourite character and watching them charge into combat, yelling a critical line as they attack.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer a different game type to focus on VR. Make it a Warriors game. That's have much more potential AND be a sight to see with or without VR.

I really just don't think there'd be any way to work it into Fire Emblem in a way that wasn't either...

A: actively detrimental to the flow and enjoyability of the gameplay, or

B: entirely relegated to insignificant side content.

There's also the fact that it would be pretty costly to implement a feature that hasn't really caught on with the general public yet and that would likely cost the players a couple hundred dollars' worth of expensive peripherals just to experience. Even aside from my personal, subjective preference against it, it's also just plain not a smart move.

Edited by Topaz Light

What would be the point exactly? I'd be more impressed if FE was developed using the same engine as Final Fantasy. Possibly also voice actors that say more than ten lines. But VR, I dont see how that would work any better than the first person option in combat.