Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 Reunion

Shin

After Claire had left Marcus turned around just in time to watch a massive spear crunch its way into another newfound comrade. Another he was supposed to protect. Another he had failed. He watched as everything unfolded in silence, not truly comprehending the sight unfolding nor the world around him. I failed. Again. I turned my back on a warrior and yet another has fallen. This one for good. Suddenly Alain spoke pulling him back to reality. "What's the point? She's dead. A wound like that, you don't need to be a healer to know there is no coming back from that." With that he slumped to the ground too, though for different reasons to Alain. Luckily Scarlet had seen her rider fall and quickly placed herself behind him. Acting as a chair to prop him up.

Without taking his eyes off the scene Marcus managed to ask the man next to him, "I don't believe I caught your name."

"Krrr?" Could Scarlet speak she'd probably be asking the same question.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salt Tea

Sebastian had joined Emmet in healing Emily, keeping an eye on her closing abdomen wound. Before he began, it almost appeared as if he wished to say something to Cass, but quickly refrained from doing so. "You seem disappointed, Sir Emmet." Sebastian teased, holding his staff alongside Emmet's. "Perhaps I can find you an alternative refreshment after we are finished here. However, I think cups of tea might not quite be sufficient after this."

Emily's wound ceased leaking blood, rapidly closing - much to the surprise of Sebastian. "Even with the two of us... a wound like this should not be healing so quickly." Sebastian remarked, watching as the edges of flesh brought themselves together. "It may be that the contents of the vial are doing much of the work for us."

The fallen mage hadn't started coming to, it was a far different experience to Emmet and his badgers. She was still lifeless, without a single breath coming from her. It wasn't entirely clear if the vial had done much other than Sebastian's claims.

The Chains that unite

Serge had been released by Angus, leaving the mercenary to his sorrows. Hans approached his boss, his expression solemn. "Boss... I'm really sorry, we all are." Hans apologised, wiping his eye. "We're glad it wasn't you... but we didn't want Emily to die. She was a little nutty, but she wasn't a bad lass. We're going to be with you until the end... we'll help you sort things out with those other Reliants. Don't know who or why things ended up like this, but to us, you're the real deal."

Offering Serge a hand, Hans gave Serge a firm nod. "Lars and Morganna feel the same way, Larissa too... we might not be the best fighters around, but we'll go wherever you take us."

Sympathy Spoon

As the others gathered around Emily, Claire had almost been shut off from the event - with Owen, the healers and the remaining reliants around her. However, the mage could feel a trembling palm place itself on her shoulder. "Lady Claire?" Ceirch asked, his voice starting to crack as he glanced over at Emily and the crowd around her. "I did not see what happened... the mercenary, Emily, I'm so sorry. It must be painful for you... I find it difficult to watch also..."

Reunion

Emily still hadn't made much improvement, her wounds had healed but there were still no signs of life. However, an unnerving laugh echoed down from the ledge beside Owen's group. Both Arteria and Apellon were stood at its edge, looking down fiendishly at the distraught crowd.

"Princess... I've missed you dearly. The terror in your eyes, the way you shake and tremble. It's truly delightful." Arteria cackled, licking her lips as she eyed Cass. She was several feet above the battlefield, but her mad gaze seemed even more twisted than the previous encounter. "The regret, the mourning, it sustains me so. Let me taste your anguish. Has one of your toys broken? One cannot understand the value of comrades until they've been ripped from your grasping hands."

Apellon smirked, shaking his head. "Now, dear sister. That wasn't one of the Princess' toys. That was one of my friend Serge's underlings." Apellon laughed, admiring Serge's own suffering. "Do you feel it now, Serge? The desperation of wanting to reclaim what has been lost? I wonder... perhaps one of your friends is trying to fix her for you. It would be fascinating to see what happens with her. But much like a broken tea cup, one is never quite the same when the pieces are put back together... especially after being broken repeatedly. We should know, we've been shattered so many times, you forget what you originally were before."

"I like hard liquor" Emmet told Sebastian. "I don't suppose you've been secreting a stash away somewhere." Something wasn't right. He was expecting more of a reaction than this. That badger had been dead a week yet some vestige of life returned to it despite it being rotten. He was certain Emily would return to life if only briefly. Could the human soul make the process different? For the third time that day he felt at a neck and tried to find a pulse.

Alain sighed, blissfully unaware of whose life had been lost, and the means being used to restore it. "Sir Alain of Raewald," he said plainly. "As for yourself? You've given your name already, but... Lady Claire mentioned something about Wyke being attacked. You don't seem like you're a messenger from Wyke though," he said, trying to consider the possibilities. Whatever the answer, he wouldn't be surprised if Marcus said he wasn't even from Angelcynn. He just couldn't recall ever seeing a griffin in any part of the continent. But then a foreigner bringing news on the attack upon Wyke, instead of one of Wyke's own, was strange indeed.

Emily wasn't coming too immediately, but Cass wasn't surprised, or worried. She'd expected nothing of this vial in the first place, and seeing nothing wasn't setting off alarms. It did mean that she wouldn't be able to get any further information from her about Morgan, but she could find everything she needed to find out personally, once they got back. At least, hopefully. He's probably got a nice network setup for himself if he can do something like this and not trigger alarm bells with other nobles... How protected is he? He was friendly with my mother, so it must be tight... Damn! Damn you, Morgan. Ugh, you foul snake, so wound into my life, without my noticing. Like a slow poison.

She bit her lip. Slow poisons in her life were becoming common. Another had made it there right on time. Cass froze as the chilling voice slipped into her ear, a shiver sneaking and slowly crawling its way up her back, through her spine. Eyes shifted from the corpse, to another: living, breathing, smiling, laughing. "Arteria." She stood, shaking, a mix of fear and anger. A familiar one. One that almost made her smile. "My 'toys' all work fine, I regret to inform. This one just so happens to know things that I must also know. Why don't you come down here, so we can speak more plainly? There I things I wish to discuss with you." You should kill her again, a voice creeping into her head whispered, causing her to shiver again, grabbing at her arm. Kill her and run away. She's terrifying. You're so scared. You're shaking and yet you're inviting her closer to speak with you? Are you mad? "I must be," she muttered to herself, taking a few steps away from Emily and towards their insane followers.

"Come. Let's... Catch up." It disgusts me to have to ask her of this, but I must. Just as a start. Then perhaps Owen, but her, first...

Edited by Nanami Touko

Despite the lack of reaction from Emily, the speed at which her corpse's wound recovered frightened Owen. What... what does this mean? There wasn't much time to think, he meant to ask Cass about Morgan, why he was important at all, but no sooner were they interrupted by two faces unfamiliar to the prince. "Cass?" Turning to look at his sister's state, it was clear the two were off-putting to her in some way. "Who are those?" Without pause, he looked at the pair with a confounded expression, a frown as he tried to puzzle without the proper pieces. "You two! State your names!"

He could hear Hans walking up to him. Talking to him. Giving their condolences and the like. And Serge just knelt there. "...What am I supposed to do, Hans? What do I do? What can I do?" Serge had always thought he would be prepared for the day that it happened. That someone he worked with would fall and succumb to their mortality. But in the end, he couldn't handle it. It tore him up inside, and to make it worse for him, he only now knew what Emily truly thought of him. All this time, he had spent his time trying to be a good boss, when really he never tried to be a better friend. And with Emily's dying words, her proclamation of her feelings for him, that he was too dense to realize before, he regretted everything. "I treated her the best I could. That's what I kept telling myself. I kept thinking that I was doing the best I could, when I barely even noticed her. She always sang my praises, and I didn't even think twice about it." Tears were rolling down his face, uncontrollably. "I could have been so much more to her, I see that now. And now it's too late..."

And then, everything became worse. A certain, familiar voice called from afar, and everything just seemed bleak. "So now you see me at my worst." Serge did not look at the male and pale twin that taunted him. He couldn't bring himself to face a man that he once proudly defied. "I feel so many things. Things that I can't explain. Things that I don't want to explain." He couldn't bring himself to move from his spot. Before, his body wouldn't move due to his lack of speed. But now, all he could feel was this crushing weight of depression, keeping him knelt in the space that he had planted himself on. "So...What else do you have to show? What else do you want me to feel before you take my life?"

Edited by Dandragon

Claire registered the hand on her shoulder, but at first, made no effort to respond to it. It's not important, what's going on with Emily...? It was only when the mage heard the voice of Baron Nelon that she turned to face him, although she couldn't bring herself to meet his eye. Seeing the other person she'd recently hurt didn't bring her much comfort here.

"Ceirch..." The mage managed, before her voice faded to silence again. She didn't know what to say to him. What happened to Emily was a tragedy on its own, but 'painful' didn't even begin to describe the nauseating guilt eating away at her. "Why does this keep happening Ceirch?" The tears she'd been fighting so hard to repress began flowing down her cheeks, although she made a half-hearted attempt to wipe them away with the sleeve of her robes.

"I'm pathetic..." A bitter, half-hearted laugh followed Claire's statement, as she stared straight down at the floor. For all the praise she'd been lauded with from Cass and Decima, she was still useless when it all mattered most. If she was a better mage, wouldn't things have turned out differently? It sure felt that way to her. She simply wasn't good enough.

"What is this?" Sidney spoke of the two new arrivals, some of them expressing familiarity as they approached and none of them thinking this is worth explaining. "What is wrong with you people?!" she shouted, gesturing towards the group. "From now on, quit keeping important information in the dark! I have no idea who these people are, but all of you seem quite invested in them, so can we not leave out details like those about the vial, the other Reliants, and now two sword wielders laughing like hyenas? Is anyone else hiding anything that is imminently threatening for no reason? Because locking people out of the loop on these sort of things is only going to lead to us being in awful situations again!" How am I among the most straightforward people here with information in this group?

"I am from Toulouse, as is Scarlet. One of the noble gryffon knights, as I'm sure you could tell." Marcus reached up to scratch underneath Scarlet's chin, eliciting a "Ku!", before continuing on, "I was supposed to keep a diplomat safe on a routine trip to Wyke, well, a few others as well as I. We were attacked by Deiran forces though, afterwards Duke Herman told me to take news of the event as well as Rhongomiant to Prince Owen. As a less official task he wanted me to keep him and his group safe." Gesturing to the scene that was still unfolding, "You can see how well that turned out. The other gryffon knights told him I was the most promising new knight, in truth I'm starting to think they wanted to be rid of me."

Two new arrivals. Will this duo manage to get someone killed too? "Do you know who those two are?" He asked Alain, hoping the answer was, 'Yes, they're good friends'.

"Grrk."

"Yes, I can see they're dangerous Scarlet." He sighed, ending a short exchange that would most certainly not make sense to the man next to them.

It was all past very quickly.

After dispatching of Thantes, Freya opted to deal with arranging her equipment to be in order rather than meddle in the affairs of the nobility. However, being far away didn't leave her much room to act when the rogue rider had thrown his spear and slain Emily. Slowly, Freya made her way over towards the group, saluting the fallen mage but not ignoring the situation around them, either. "Princess..." Oh, why am I bothering? Nothing I can say will stop her. Still, she'd acquired a vicious new lance amidst the earlier chaos, and should the situation come to it she'd gladly test it out on the familiar foe. "How have they returned?"

Freya stores her 40 durability Iron sword in the convoy for a shiny Killer Lance

Things just kept getting stranger and stranger, didn't they? Emily couldn't be healed, she passed... Serge freaked out, as was expected, held back by Angus. Things got stranger. Cassandra produced the vial, poured the remains of it down Emily's throat. Her wound closed far faster than it ever should have, but she still didn't stir... was this the vial's work? It was now Emmet's turn to freak out, obviously distraught at the loss of the vial's contents. Adele couldn't bring herself to sympathize with him, after all, the life of their comrade was worth far more than a research subject.

That wasn't even all, Engel above felt that even more ludicrous coincidence was to occur. Serge had warned that the brother was alive, so seeing him, along with the sister that Cassandra had nearly lost her life to wasn't exactly preposterous, but most certainly unlikely, and providence this was not. Both Serge and Cassandra's apparent willingness to parley with them was certainly unexpected, however.

"May as well clear this up for those uninformed, I suppose. Those two, odd, murderous siblings that we fought on the beach when we landed. That we killed. Yet here they are again, and not the first time. Serge and Angus encountered them when we split up... Cass, are you sure about this?" Adele asked, as she finished explaining the situation for those within earshot.

Double Trouble

Arteria didn't even have to think twice before jumping down the ledge, landing gracefully in front of Owen's group. "Such a kind invitation, Princess." she replied, stepping towards Cass casually, her arms spread outwards. "I had a far more pleasant experience than my beloved brother, you were spectacular. I can still remember your axe carving into my intestines, my vision fading as the excitement spread across my very fibre. I would dearly love to taste your fear and might once more. I would offer a hug... but I feel that your scruffy friend would get a little jealous."

Apellon quickly joined his sister, leaping down to accompany her. "My dear Adeltrudis, that's not a very flattering description of us... as accurate as it may be. I am Apellon, and this is my sister, Arteria. It is a pleasure to meet you, Prince Owen. I hope we may cross blades in the near future." he chuckled, looking down at Serge. "Serge, my good friend, why so glum? Can you not understand the rhapsody that is suffering now? If you have not lost, you have not the motivation to strive forwards."

Emily caught Apellon's eye, his face widening into a mad grin. "I can feel it, you've snatched her back from death's door. However, you cannot reclaim everything. The broken tea cup is never the same again. Even after the first time, the result can be frightening. Arteria and I were reborn with our love for battle." Apellon added, almost remeniscing in his own words. "I wonder if it's something I enjoyed in my first life, I must have been a rather interesting individual, I would have loved to see that man fall. Perhaps your friend shall be reborn with her own desires... although I do imagine it would be... less pleasant than you would have hoped."

Breakfast Bonding

Nelon looked down at Claire, staying silent for a good few moments. "Claire..." he began, taking her by the hand, his own still trembling noticeably. "You always strive to do your best, even against impossible odds. If it had not been for you, Malaphar would have surely ended me. The wounds you inflicted were nothing compared to the fate he had intended for me. Without your aid, Prince Owen would not have been able to succeed as he has done."

Reaching into his belt, Nelon produced a handkerchief, placing it gently in Claire's free hand. "There are many hardships in life, but we must overcome them. When my wounds heal, I intend to serve Prince Owen to my fullest extent. I feel powerless being unable to partake in battle, but I will do all I can to return. Please continue to aid the Prince... and also Baron Kearney. He is young and reckless, but he has good intentions. As Prince Owen's advisor, he requires guidance of his own to continue onwards."

It didn't seem like there was any further change in Emily. Emmet continued to heal her nonetheless. He didn't even notice the new comers until some words struck his ear. "Arteria and I were reborn with our love for battle." He looked up suddenly. Two swordsmen. A man and a woman. Serge had mentioned these two to him before. These murdertwins that hard returned to life. He had wanted to speak with them before but without any further word of them they had somehow slipped from his mind.

Emmet stopped healing Emily and got to his feet. "So it's true" he muttered. He put his staff away and removed his bow once more. It seemed he had been constantly swapping between his two tools all day. Yet Pinaka had not seen much use. This group of reckless fools kept getting themselves injured and expecting him to clean up their mess. Emmet had never really felt the desire to kill before now. He had taken his fair share of lives over the years but it had been a detached and businesslike affair. Now, his emotions were boiling over. Feelings more intense than he had ever felt before. Like always he could shut them down with a few simple seconds of mediation but he no longer wanted to. He wanted to see someone bleed. Cass, Sidney, Claire. It didn't really matter all that much. But the accursed logic that decided all his decisions warned him against slaughtering Prince Owen and his underlings. So instead, he focused the emotion and channeled it into his eyes. He glared at the two twins standing before him. Not a glare of hostility, these two were not his enemy. A glare of pure seriousness. A look that told them he was no sheep destined to be slaughtered without objection. Not one of the countless idiots who would lead pointless lives and die before the century had passed. He was Emmet. Wielder of Pinaka and a force to be reckoned with. A force that would not tolerate being belittled or ignored.

"So it's true" he muttered again. "You have drank the elixir of life. Tell me! Where did you find it? Where is the Fountain of Ages!" He spoke with force. It was not a mere question but a demand. Perhaps these immortal beings so far beyond prince Owen and the like would find his display of force laughable. But that would not matter. Pinaka was ready, the string was taunt and the arrow was notched. He pointed it downwards, but he could raise it and fire at a seconds notice. If the force of his words was not enough, the force of his strength would surly suffice. Afterall, Serge managed to defeat them once before. They might be immortal, but they were not invincible.

Edited by Jotari

"Not in the least," she responded, still shaking as the woman approached. What made it worse was her description of her own death, Cass felt her lips start to quiver. I'm not supposed to be excited about this. This is what I was worried about. What I felt when i first fought her, coming back... "Perhaps if I were confident you weren't going to tear into me with some concealed weapon, I would be more open to the invitation." She tried to smile, obviously lost behind the fear. Arteria was probably loving it, but that didn't matter.

Apellon ha mentioned something interesting. "That's fine... I have no issues with her returning with parts missing. I only need one thing from her... So we shall see what comes of it. Arteria," she started, returning her attention to the sister. "I... Had an odd request of you. Teach me how to use a sword." How odd, to be making a request of someone so terrifying, who wished to see her squirm in pain and fear, not even kill her-- perhaps Arteria even wished to die to Cass again.

"It's not going to be fun for you if I fight with an axe. You'll have an advantage, so much so that I won't even be able to harm you... I realize you used a sword before, but that was an odd implement, and I feel you aren't going to give me that much leeway forever." She straightened her back out, letting go of her arm. She tried to present as more comfortable. "Both of us using a sword would put us on equal ground, to give you all the excitement you want, no?" Getting her reasoning out of the way... It sounded better, now. It had felt weird, floating around in her head. But if the twins were here, still following them, Arteria still going on about how pleasant fighting Cass had been... Surely she wished for more.

Of course, Emmet had his agenda, but Cass hoped Apellon would see to that.

Edited by Nanami Touko

Toulouse, huh? He could believe it. The giant griffin was proof enough. But what he couldn't believe was what Marcus told him after that. "Wait. They attacked a Toulousian diplomat?! Are they mad?" he asked, absolutely bewildered by Deira's audacity. It was well known that the country of Toulouse held some secrets that many countries and kingdoms in Angelcynn would love to get their hands on--but they primarily interacted only with Wyke. That's what he'd heard anyway. But for Deira to attack Toulouse's diplomat and Wyke on top of that was preposterous. He wasn't sure if it would be enough to cause Toulouse to mobilize troops, but at the very least it likely stripped away any chances the kingdom had at future relations with the foreign power. What sort of game is Olaf playing at?

Alain got up off the ground, enough to bring the view of the other side into focus. He saw the two figures Marcus was talking about, and immediately put two and two together. The woman he could recognize even by her silhouette... he'd seen her fighting them when they'd first landed on Magonsaete's shores. She was also the woman that Cassandra had told him about. The man he figured, then, was the same one who Serge had mentioned. The pair of "immortal" warriors... "To some extent yes," he muttered. First the bandits, then the Deiran mercenaries, and now these two. How were people finding them so easily? And why did they all get together and decide to show up one after the other. Honestly, he wouldn't even be surprised if Malaphar showed up after this.

"Marcus, could you help me up? The mercenaries are gone, and I'd very much like to survey the scene. Just stay vigilant and make sure I don't die. I'd hate for your conscience to shoulder more than it can bear..." It wouldn't be until later that he would actually get to thinking, but holding a debt from a Toulousian knight could prove to be worth something. A nobleman would have been ideal, but beggars couldn't be choosers. He'd learned that the hard way.

"Always doing my best..." Claire repeated softly, eyes still on the floor. There was some truth to Ceirch's words, but if those efforts were for nothing, what was the point? Before she could dwell on it for too long however, the baron continued. Hearing that he had known all along about what she'd done made the mage want to flinch at first, but at the same time it came as a relief. Even after this, he still doesn't hate me. It was a small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless.

She accepted the handkerchief in her free hand without a word, dabbing at her face softly as she listened. Hearing about his feelings of powerlessness was strangely relieving to hear. It reminded her that she wasn't alone in this. Their efforts combined couldn't save Emily, but perhaps they'd prevented the blow aimed at Serge and Owen. In a twisted way, perhaps even losing less was a victory of its own. Not the one that they'd been hoping for, but still...

Raising her head at last, Claire smiled softly at Nelon. "I'm sorry for always being so much trouble for you, Ceirch." All of the time he'd spent comforting her since Magon must've been exhausting, especially considering his current health. Part of her felt a little guilty for it, but she was grateful to have him. "You always know what to say. I'm so glad..."

A few moments passed before she thought to check back on Emily. A quick glance told her that the mage hadn't risen yet, but her wounds were gone. Perhaps it would take a miracle to bring her back, but Claire felt like it was coming. It just needs time... she silently assured herself, turning back to face Ceirch. She didn't have anything else to say to him, but she was glad that he'd come to see her.

It was only Emmet's demand that alerted Angus to two new wretched, friendly faces in their midst... and yet another fight on their hands, if Emmet were left alone. Tired to the bone, Angus still couldn't keep from dragging himself into the thick of it. The mooncalf offers an admonishing nudge, then his two cents on the matter: "You'll jus' turn 'em on that way."

Given a moment to think about it, Angus couldn't help but wonder why the two came right out so openly. If Owen's group was being stalked, they'd only find out when people started disappearing, right?

[...wait.] Too exhausted to consider anything underhanded, the mooncalf blurts out his newborn suspicions with neither grace nor patience.

"Eh... either o'you two kill a girl with impossible hair in th'last few days?" As if Scuttle hadn't likelier ran off on her own. As if Apellon wouldn't start playing with him either way. At least Angus had the mistaken belief that Cass wasn't doing anything insane this time.

Arrows and Tenure

Emmet's threats seemed to amuse Apellon more than intimidate him, although it had gotten him to pay attention to Emmet. "That's a very interesting question, Emmet. Where do you think it may be?" Apellon replied, casually watching the tip of the arrow Emmet had notched. "Unfortunately for you, the fear of death is not a concept my mind is able to process any more. I could divulge its location to you, but it would be far more entertaining to watch your internal turmoil. To shoot or not to shoot? Could this perhaps be your only chance to learn its location, only for me to cruelly deny you... either through silence or by my own demise? The only eternal concept in your life would be your fruitless yearning for truth."

Arteria cackled, both at her brother's response to Emmet as well as Cass' proposal. "I have no hidden agendas, Princess. Your death would only please me if you were to see it coming. To fearfully anticipate your own end by my hand... knowing that you had truly tried your best to escape death. That is the beautiful cadence that your life deserves, no cheap finish would do it justice." Arteria rambled, her right hand twitching as she spoke. "Your proposal interests me, enough for me to crave it. I shall teach you all there is to know, to live and fight until your heart beats not."

"Well put, dear sister. Although I fear that such a full lesson shall have to wait for another time. We have other matters to attend to for today. If it is any consolation, your friend should wake in a few days... you should be in Tytila by then. Do not worry, Princess. My sister will have no problems finding you there for further tutelage." Apellon added, looking up at the sun above them. Angus' question was perhaps more difficult for him to answer, putting a description to a face was proving troublesome. "Impossible hair? I cannot say that we've killed anyone in the last few days... much to Arteria's disappointment. Nor have we met anyone who possessed hair we could not comprehend."

Apellon grinned, chuckling to himself again. "But if I were to meet such an individual, I would be more than happy to vanquish them for you." he replied, his eyes glimmering with a playful malice. Drawing his sword, Apellon tossed towards Cass, the weapon impaling itself in the ground, only a few inches in front of her. "Consider this a present, Princess. I have many,and I feel that any attempts to attack me unarmed would... go poorly."

Marmalade

Nelon smiled, releasing Claire's hand. "Without your aid, I would have perished. You have my gratitude, Claire." Nelon replied, looking over at Owen's crowd with Claire. "Individual events all combine to our own histories, we each have our places to play in the stories of others. You must continue to do what you feel is right, even if you are uncertain at the time. I do not believe you would ever act in a way intended to harm others, so I hope you are able to move forwards... it is... probably best I go see Thomas, if there is anything else you require, let me know."

Hurrying away nervously, it soon became clear why he'd left so abruptly - Nona had begun to approach from behind a group of trees, waving to Claire as Nelon made his escape.

Edited by Shin

How does he know my name?

Emmet smiled. Half a sneer and half a smirk. Not the kind of expression any selfrightoues person would trust. But Emmet was passed being benevolent around Owen's makeshift army. It had gotten him nowhere. No trust, no companionship. Not even basic respect. "It's not as difficult a dilemma as you assume" he told the swordsman. "I have no desire to hurt you. You are not my enemy. Not yet at least. But make no mistake, I will. I will destroy you if need be. One of you I'll burn. The other I'll tear the limbs off. We'll see how eager to talk you are as an immortal cripple. And if I so happen to kill you both by accident, then no matter. I know the Fountain Exists. I know you exist. That's all I need. I will never stop searching. And I Will Find It. So the decision is yours. Do you want to be my friend, or my enemy?"

Claire nodded in response. She wasn't quite feeling cheerful, but she was in a much better state than before. She didn't feel as if Nelon owed her anything, but his words had given her confidence. Even though recent events had shaken her, she could see validity of them. His departure was sudden, but she didn't protest. "Take care of yourself, Ceirch." she told him, slightly confused by the rider's exit.

The confusion on her face quickly turned into understanding, as she spotted the eldest Valter sister on her way over. Decima had confirmed the mage's suspicions that something had happened between the two of them earlier that day, but the specifics still weren't clear. What did you do, Nona? Claire wondered, responding with a half-hearted wave of her own. Ceirch doesn't want to go anywhere near her at all, by the looks of things. Considering that she knew him as a calm, mild-mannered man, his blatant avoidance of her seemed even stranger - especially considering his soft spot for her youngest sister.

"Alain of Raewald, you said your name was? Why don't you ride on Scarlet's back? You really shouldn't be moving around too much with your injury."

"Krou?"

"No complaining."

"Grrrrg..."

"Yes, I know I'm the one who wanted to play it safe."

"...Krrg?"

"Because he wouldn't be able to ride-Look, Scarlet, you're being ridiculous. Just carry the poor man for a little, it's not going to kill you."

Marcus offered a sheepish smile to Alain after the exchange with Scarlet, but in the end his wishes had won out. Scarlet was willing to carry Alain.

Edited by Honey Bunny

"Then feel free to hug away, the next time we meet... I'm unfortunately still apprehensive, you'll have to forgive me." Speaking casually with someone that wished your death-- albeit in a glorious fashion, chased to her wits end --was certainly a riveting experience, and one that Cass would soon not forget. This whole women made her feel strange, but it was in an oddly pleasing way, which of course scared her the most. "You will? I... Of course. I must say I'm... Quite surprised. Though, I suppose there must be something else to it, considering who I'm dealing with... It's a bet I'm willing to take, of course." Though I'll be keeping my heart beating by the end of it, thank you.

"Tytila, is it? And Emily will be awake by then? I'll take your word for it... And I welcome the training. Perhaps you two would be interested in attending my wedding? As long as you promised not to kill anyone, of course." Speaking with these two without swords in their hands almost felt... Amiable. And that felt further odd, considering their previous interaction. Cass had been different, then. It was fascinating what life threatening ordeals could do to you. Alas, she still flinched as the sword was tossed her way, gently lifting the blade. "...Thank you, Apellon. Is it simply a blade, or is there some function I should be aware of? The arcane floats about you two, so I can't be too sure."

Edited by Nanami Touko

"Sir Alain," he corrected, "you don't need to add the Raewald part either..." he said with look of amusement. He'd only ever admitted it to his brother, but he got a strange childlike satisfaction whenever he corrected people as to his title or rank. Years ago, the prospect of even having a title was such a foreign idea, it was practically non-existent. No doubt he assumed it to be a frivolity to those born into their status but for him, being in a position like his was, and likely would continue to be, a source of continued enjoyment in that regard.

"The manner in which you communicate is rather... intriguing. Feel free to give Scarlet here my thanks," he said, approaching the griffin with a slight apprehension. He pondered the chances of the beast getting frightened for whatever reason and leaping off into the sky. And all the while he would be barely clinging on for dear life, primed to drop like a rock at a moments notice. Perhaps it would be best to reconsider? You're being stupid, just get on and get over with it. In the end, the fear of looking fearful won out, and he cautiously climbed onto the griffin. Oh dear...

Marcus winced, it wasn't like him to forget his pleasantries. I'm letting everything get under my skin. Precise, calm that's what a Gryffon Knight is supposed to be. "My apologies, Sir Alain," he said bowing a little. Before he could beat himself up too badly he'd noticed the apprehension coming from Alain. Is he scared of her? She's obnoxious, but she's hardly dangerous. Of course, growing up with someone causes you to see them favorably...Luckily Alain took him up on his offer, and Scarlet didn't look too happy with having someone other then Marcus on her back. "Why don't you thank her yourself? Now seems like as good time as any." The request simply didn't make much sense to Marcus, for him Scarlet wasn't a foreign beast of immense size. She was the stubborn albino gryffin who always had his back, and he had hers. However, he still doubted that Scarlet would be happy even with Alain's gratitude.

The way Scarlet had stood up, and cleaned her feathers indicated to Marcus a general sentiment of, "You know I won't fly for him right?" To which Marcus had a similar non-verbal response of merely turning and walking to the source of all the commotion, conveying the general sentiment of, "Yes, but you will walk for him." A sentiment she grudgingly proved, and a form of communication unique to gryffon and knight. One that Alain would almost certainly find incomprehensible, should he even notice what had just transpired at all.