[Videos] RUNATIKKU Conquesto Criticize My Playstyle

shadowofchaos

Hello, Serenes Forest.

I need YOU... to criticize the living hell out of my playstyle.

I want to get better with Fates in General.

As I lack the experience that I did with Lunatic and Lunatic+ in Awakening.

A few notes:

1. I don't know nor care about pairings. I just want to use Gen 1 specifically and only unlock children gaidens/paralogues for the EXP.

But with that being said, if the difficulty gets too much, I am open to giving this up and using them along with Child Proof items.

Also, I have never done any of the children chapters except for Kanna's.

2. I am completely blind to Lunatic skill gimmicks.

3. I have never reclassed in this game. I only did vanilla canon classes on Normal Mode. Please help me on who to reclass to what for them to be good.

4. When you rip apart something I'm doing wrong, please tell me how to fix it. Not just tell me I'm bad at strategy. I already know that.

5. If you use an English item/character name and I don't recognize it, forgive me. I play the Japanese game more.

6. This will upload depending on when I have time after work to record these.

7. I will post failure videos if I hit a wall.

And with that, feel free to rip me apart!

Let's begin with Chapter 6 and Chapter 7.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What are opinions on Mozume?

Like access to Hoshidan class worth it? Or too much effort like Donny?

https://youtu.be/zl985bkmOTQ

Archers are a necessity, especially for the hell that is Chapter 10. Besides, you can use the Paragon(Elite) on Mozu until she doesn't need it because she starts way behind on levels.

You seem to be doing fine so far in terms of strategy. Only thing I see you not doing is remembering that allies can use trade to unequip adjacent allies as well as change their weapons (you could've used this during your Mozu killfeeding)

You already bought tonics, so yeah. Meals from the mess hall also provide some stat boosts, with tonics you can get up to +4 in some stats.

You said you're uninterested in children at the moment, which is fine, but pairings are also useful for ridiculous stat boosts. Some of the most useful and notable ones are Xander with Charlotte, Camilla with Keaton, Leo with Felicia, Kaze with Beruka and Effie with Arthur. For some characters like Charlotte and Beruka, you'll invest in a master seal just to make them more useful as pair up fodder, and do so at level 10. Others like Camilla and Keaton can function as two separate good units being paired up instead of one main and one pairup bot.

Reclassing, the most useful is Camilla going for Wyvern Lord. It replaces her useless tomes for better strength speed and defence, as well as letting her use rally defense. You might want to wait until level 5 first, though. Leo also can benefit from reclassing - Sorcerer forgoes his worthless physical stats and 8 move in exchange for more magic and speed. Strategist allows him to keep the 8 move and use staves in exchange for most of his physical defense, while still having higher mag and speed (less so than sorcerer though) and giving him better skills. Corrin has useful reclasses depending on what you picked out, some of the notable ones being Master Ninja and Paladin. Felicia can run Strategist, as well as Flora, letting them use their magic stats more effectively and giving you more mounted staff users. Jacob enjoys Paladin, but seeing as how you're male, this won't matter much. Most other reclasses are trivial and unnecessary - Xander can go Great Knight to pick up Luna, but it's not particularly worth the expense, Selena can go Pegasus Knight, but she's fast enough and has enough tendacy for low strength already, etc.

As for Mozu, she's ok I guess. Not that impressive other than being a semi broken parent. People like to run her as Archer - this is mostly unnecessary as you should be running Niles for capture already.

Speaking of capture, build a prison, and watch out for units with really good skill combinations. Capturing these guys is extremely useful. Some of the more famous examples include Haitaka in chapter 9 (the boss spearfighter with rally defense) and rallyman in the Takumi wall chapter (generic Master of Arms with a shitload of rally skills)

That's about it. Forges are really good because no weapon durability. Good luck!

I never really used Mozu on any of my Fates run, and while another bow units can be useful for chapter 10, I was able to get through it using only Zero. I did have Joker instead of Felicia, which is a more useful battle unit early on, so you could bench Felicia to use Mozume if you feel like a second healer isn't necessary (I got through chapter 10 with only Elise, since I had Joker as a Paladin.) It might be better to leave her place to Haitaka if you're able to take him prisoner and make him join you since he has good bases, skills and growth rates.

Further down the line, I think Zero, Ashura, Eponine or even Luna(if you reclass her to bow knight) are more useful if only due to Kunai Slayer access (it makes some late game chapters way more manageable).

https://youtu.be/zl985bkmOTQ

She does have Archer access, and for what it's worth, she's one of the only unpromoted bow options you get.

I've not attempted Lunatic on Conquest at all but I'd recommend Mozu if only from how my friend has managed to make her an amazing Sniper. Ideally reclass her as soon as possible for statistical reasons. I strongly recommend Odin as a Samurai/Swordmaster because he's typically better off that way.

I don't really have many other recommendations however and I wouldn't say to follow this advice without 2 or 3 people backing it. This is largely just from my experience.

Some very personal opinions

The way you handle Ch. 7 says a lot about you as a FE player :) Heading down is probably the safest way to deal with this map, since Snake Venom / Grisly Wound is scary, but also because it makes the easiest use of the multitude of choke points available at the player's disposal. (Though, one should be prepared to tackle the boss) The only issue I have is a lack of Silas action (unless you plan to bench him; if so I have no concerns) because Rescue at Lv. 10 is clutch and more importantly, he starts with E-rank lances in Conquest, and getting his lance rank up for Javelin and Beast Killer access is really helpful in Conquest. Javelin access can be very useful as early as Ch. 8 due to the multitude of ranged-weapon-wielding enemies in that chapter. That said, the ability to hold Beast Killers probably isn't so pressing, considering how you only actually get effective weaponry from shops after Ch. 13).

Regarding Mozume, here's my take on her:

I think in a casual (i.e. non turnwise-efficient) Lunatic playthrough she's much easier to train than Donnel was in Awakening, and this is probably telling about the differences in how Conquest and Awakening unfold as FE titles. She's not efficient by any means; she probably doesn't save turns due to how villagers are designed gameplay-wise to begin with, but I think she's a much better villager than Donnel in higher difficulties for the following reasons:

1) She has access to a superior class for a low-bases, high-growths unit through Parallel Sealing. Bows as ranged weaponry means she's usually not getting retaliation damage, which allows the player to train her much easily. Both Donnel and Mozume has crap durability as a level 1 villager, so a ranged weapon really helps out in this context. I don't think you want her in her default class at all.

2) Conquest is a very player-phase oriented game, compared to Awakening where a lot of combat occurs in enemy phase (though probably not L+). The prevalence of stat debuffs, skills like Snake Venom/Deadly Breath/Grisly Wound and Seal Speed/Defense, and low HP compared to damage output makes it such that the player has less room to tank damage. Those with a slow but safe playstyle would rather opt to kill all/most enemies within Player Phase and take no/minimal on Enemy Phase. A bow user in this context is much more valuable.

3) The Archer class tree has access to some of the most useful skills fit for their weaponry. Prescient Victory, Raven Strike, and later Bowfaire are pretty much exactly the skills that bow users want, as they maximize their combat potential in Player Phase. Raven Strike's +40 Hit on Player Phase, combined with Mozume's already high skill growths (personal + archer class tree) means she has enough Hit Rate to completely ignore weapon triangle disadvantage, Bowbreaker, and high Avoid set-ups for certain bosses; Prescient Victory and Bowfaire gives her the damage output to go further and not only reliably hit, but reliably kill enemies, and once she gets going she'll get usually enough Spd to double most enemies in a given map. Given she gets average level-ups, this allows for surefire, non-RN reliant set-ups for killing tricky enemies with high avoid or crit. Usually what ends up happening is that Sniper Mozume becomes an emergency button. Her strength lies in how much reliability she brings into the mid-lategame. She's also a decent dual strike partner.

Also, Kinshi Mozume isn't bad either for certain maps; more fliers are always nice, and she sometimes could use that movement boost. Though whether you'll be reclassing from one to another depends on how liberal you want to be with your Parallel Seals, as they are technically a limited asset. I personally prefer Zero x Mozume for them to get the best of both worlds in terms of skills, but that's personal preference.

4) Byakuya Lancemen and Ninjas are some of the most annoying enemy types in Conquest. Having weapon triangle advantage against them for high hit rates really helps in that you have a unit that can hit them. Also given the multitude of enemy Pegasus Warriors, effective damage and reliable Attack Stance mechanic in this game makes her useful as a bow user.

I genuinely think that Mozume doesn't compete with Niles, and would prefer to use both in a steady playthrough. They serve very different niche from one another.

5) Mozume can do a LOT more in her recruitment paralogue than Donnel ever did. There is minimal turtling disincentive to progress faster after recruiting her. About 60-70% of the Nosferatu monsters are stationary. Elise even has an aura that reduces damage. There are enough Bronze Lances/Naginatas (e.g. Silas came with one in Ch. 7, and Mozu gives you one) around that Elfie or Silas can reliably chip damage to give Mozu the kill without them trigger critical hits. It seems to me that the entire map is designed around training her, unlike Donnel's paralogue where it's a bit of a pain to level him up. This process becomes even easier if you immediately Parallel Seal Mozume into an Archer and give her a Bronze Bow immediately after recruiting her. This makes it such that one can if one doesn't care for turn count, one can give her enough kills to reach around level 8~9 and D-Rank just within that paralogue in Lunatic.

So I think if one going for a slow but steady, reliable way of playing Conquest Lunatic without much consideration for turn count, there's much to be gained from using her. I do think though that past Chapter 9, she becomes incredibly difficult to train, and imo she's only worth using if you can get her up to at least Lv. 10 and D-rank in bows before the start of Ch. 10. (Not necessarily because of 2nd ballistae usage, which I don't think is a big asset in that map, but more so because of the +4 damage from Prescient Victory and Iron Bow access)

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

5) Mozume can do a LOT more in her recruitment paralogue than Donnel ever did. There is minimal turtling disincentive to progress faster after recruiting her. About 60-70% of the Nosferatu monsters are stationary. Elise even has an aura that reduces damage. There are enough Bronze Lances/Naginatas (e.g. Silas came with one in Ch. 7, and Mozu gives you one) around that Elfie or Silas can reliably chip damage to give Mozu the kill without them trigger critical hits. It seems to me that the entire map is designed around training her, unlike Donnel's paralogue where it's a bit of a pain to level him up. This process becomes even easier if you immediately Parallel Seal Mozume into an Archer and give her a Bronze Bow immediately after recruiting her. This makes it such that one can if one doesn't care for turn count, one can give her enough kills to reach around level 8~9 and D-Rank just within that paralogue in Lunatic.

So I think if one going for a slow but steady, reliable way of playing Conquest Lunatic without much consideration for turn count, there's much to be gained from using her. I do think though that past Chapter 9, she becomes incredibly difficult to train, and imo she's only worth using if you can get her up to at least Lv. 10 and D-rank in bows before the start of Ch. 10. (Not necessarily because of 2nd ballistae usage, which I don't think is a big asset in that map, but more so because of the +4 damage from Prescient Victory and Iron Bow access)

I'm actually kinda wondering if giving her an Arms Scroll with the Parallel Seal and an Iron Bow in as well as the Bronze Bow for training with in the chapter, would be a better idea to start her off with. Perhaps a Seraph Robe too if there's the opportunity to set that up. I just figure that she'd get a better time out of having access to Steel Bows after following the method you've just suggested.

This is making me want to do my own Lunatic Conquest run now...

Please help, I'm going to die...

I have a way to train her next chapter, but I think at this point it would be safer to bench her. I wasted a little exp, but I think Cyrus/Silas might be better.

I intended on benching him for Marx.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Neither I've played lunatic nor I'm very experienced with FE14, so I can't help all that much.

In chapter 6 I never came up with the idea to ignore Ryoma by "rescuing" Xander with Camilla, who's probably insane in lunatic.

I never ever liked training Mozu but I'm sure she's more useful in lunatic for being a two range user and she's also nice to have in chapter 10 as ballista user against the peggies (if you prefer to use Niles from two range).

Also having Elise next to an unit is nice, who gives one attack and (I believe) two defense to the neighbor units.

Camilla has a similar skill. (guess the exact opposite of Elise's)

PS: I've watched chapter 6 + 7 and I must say the difference of the enemies' stats compared to normal is by far less than I expected.

Not comparable to the difficulty spike between hard and lunatic in FE13 which is good tbh.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

The difficulty in Fates is more due to enemies actually having skills to draw upon and use, as well as a larger volume of enemies in Lunatic. I've not tried it, but I lack confidence in my ability to do that.

It's the thing that threw me off in Fates in general.

The skill system is more complex in regards to combo interactions for both player and enemies. Especially keeping track of personal skills.

In Awakening, once you memorized it once, you were mostly prepared for even things such as Lunatic+. Hack forges were easier to deal with since they were just raw buffs to weapons (and skills were just raw buffs to hit and avoid).

I have an idea of roles certain units because of how far I got initially and on other routes which are good to have (such as Elise being my status staff user and tome damage poker), but all of those were vanilla, no-reclass classes.

Anything after Chapter 10, I'm completely blind to Lunatic Skill combos.

The only ones I'm partially aware of are Cut/Komikiri/Lunge ninjas from other routes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"Please sign in to view this video"? Um...

It's probably still processing. Give it a bit.

The only issue I have is a lack of Silas action (unless you plan to bench him; if so I have no concerns) because Rescue at Lv. 10 is clutch and more importantly, he starts with E-rank lances in Conquest, and getting his lance rank up for Javelin and Beast Killer access is really helpful in Conquest. Javelin access can be very useful as early as Ch. 8 due to the multitude of ranged-weapon-wielding enemies in that chapter. That said, the ability to hold Beast Killers probably isn't so pressing, considering how you only actually get effective weaponry from shops after Ch. 13).

I got him up to D lances abusing Dual Attacks in the Chapter 8 video.

...I still plan on benching him once I get Marx.

But we'll see.

I will be blind to all gimmicks of this mode in one more chapter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Mozume has been benched.

Well RIP the brokening 2.0 I guess...

She does get pretty broken, although I can totally understand the benching. She really needs as many kills as possible in her Para-gaiden-logue Chapter, since Ch 8-10 is really iffy for her getting any good amount of experience, even with Paragon.

...I still plan on benching him once I get Marx.
Silas can sometimes fill a different niche than Xander Marx being a Great Knight, since he turns out really tanky, while still having some good Speed from being a Cav.
Although as a Pally, he is completely destroyed by Xander Marx.
Edited by TrueEm

Silas can sometimes fill a different niche than Xander Marx being a Great Knight, since he turns out really tanky, while still having some good Speed from being a Cav.

Although as a Pally, he is completely destroyed by Xander Marx.

Noted.

See, this is what this thread is for!

If your Odin gets good levels, consider making him a Samurai to get Vantage and Seal Strenght before reclassing him to Sorcerer. I gave him a chance on my lunatic run and he ended up being one of my most valuable units by holding chokepoints by himself with Nosferatu or Vantage/Vengeance. It relies on him having good stats levels and IIRC my Odin felt RNG blessed on my playthrough so YMMV.

Also, what is your MU's Boon/Bane as well as secondary class (I don't recall seeing it anywhere)? Depending on the class, it might be useful to reclass at some point in the game. For example, I had mine as a +Str/-Lck Ninja and it helped a lot for most of the game as well as making a late game chapter way more manageable.

Noted.

See, this is what this thread is for!

Silas can use lances from the start, and if u marry him to azura, he can eventually go into falco, where later chapters love fliers. He will then be a fast, hard hitting falco user and rally speed is really useful for later chapters to reach OHKO benchmarks.

If your Odin gets good levels, consider making him a Samurai to get Vantage and Seal Strenght before reclassing him to Sorcerer. I gave him a chance on my lunatic run and he ended up being one of my most valuable units by holding chokepoints by himself with Nosferatu or Vantage/Vengeance. It relies on him having good stats levels and IIRC my Odin felt RNG blessed on my playthrough so YMMV.

Also, what is your MU's Boon/Bane as well as secondary class (I don't recall seeing it anywhere)? Depending on the class, it might be useful to reclass at some point in the game. For example, I had mine as a +Str/-Lck Ninja and it helped a lot for most of the game as well as making a late game chapter way more manageable.

So you're suggesting Samurai --> Master of Arms --> Sorc?

Noted.

Huh... I forgot.

*Boots up Branch of Fate*

jhtTsdZ.png

Looks like +Res/-Luck

Samurai

Silas can use lances from the start, and if u marry him to azura, he can eventually go into falco, where later chapters love fliers. He will then be a fast, hard hitting falco user and rally speed is really useful for later chapters to reach OHKO benchmarks.

Also noted.

So you're suggesting Samurai --> Master of Arms --> Sorc?

Noted.

Huh... I forgot.

*Boots up Branch of Fate*

Looks like +Res/-Luck

Samurai

Yep. You could wait till he turns level 10 and get the last Dark Mage skill, but staying in the Samurai branch till you get Seal Strength should help with patching up his speed to a level where he's not doubled for the major part of the game. He won't be doubling anyone, but since you want him to use Nosferatu it's not really a problem.

And the Samurai line is great for MU, so you should definitely reclass at one point to get its skills. Swordfaire and Line of Death are particularly useful to maximize your damage output come late game.

I'm gonna be honest - I fail to see the appeal of Vantage, especially with Fates' notoriety for low HP. Being low enough that Vantage kicks in is tantamount to playing Russian roulette, IMHO. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If I ever used Odin (what I don't recommend with his bases and baselevel btw) I always promoted him into a samurai because of vantage. His magic is awful for a dark mage and you don't have a samurai in your team anyways.

Also I'd recommend to take off Arthur's fortune (at level 10) till he promotes into a berserker. Then give it back to him to benefit from his massive crit boost. (same goes for Charlotte when you got her)

Their hitrates with fortune are pretty shitty and it's pointless on them in fighter class.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Fortune? Crit rate...? Isn't Unlucky Soul his personal skill and you can't remove that... Charlotte... Ooooh! You mean the fighter skill 大振り is big swing.

Edited by shadowofchaos