Let's attempt to derive the Avatar's attack stance support bonus….

astrophys

Copied and pasted from here, in attempt to solve a mystery about Fates' gameplay mechanics:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/53yqqc/lets_attempt_to_derive_the_avatars_attack_stance/

Resources are out there for his growth rates, his mods, even his personal pair-up bonuses.

But as far as I know, no such compilation is out there for the attack stance support bonuses in Hit, Avoid, Critical, and Evade. And I know that Serenes' postings cannot be the complete story here, as my Avatar gives different bonuses than they do. (On that note, Serenes also only shows the pattern of personal pair-up bonuses for Luck flaws at the currently time).

Let's try to crack this mystery.

What bonuses does your Avatar give to someone when they are standing next to to them, at what support ranks, and what is your boon/bane/talent.

I have a +MAG/-LCK Dark Mage Male Avatar.

He gives +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, and +9 Crit when standing next to his wife (S-rank). This contrasts with what Serenes thinks the answer is, which claims +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, +6 Crit, +5 Evade.

If we build up a sufficiently large sample size of our boons/banes/talents and our attack stance bonuses, we can solve this mystery and figure out how it works.

So post away so we can gather the data and figure out how it works.

Well, I have +Mag/-Lck Wyvern Rider (currently Hosh Noble) FAvatar married to Niles. Would you want me to reclass into Wyvern Lord/Malig Knight and see if it gives anything?

Well, I have +Mag/-Lck Wyvern Rider (currently Hosh Noble) FAvatar married to Niles. Would you want me to reclass into Wyvern Lord/Malig Knight and see if it gives anything?

Well, on the reddit thread, we have two +MAG/-LCK types already with different talents (Mage & Diviner) and both have +15 hit, +9 Crit, +5 Avoid. So if you did this test as a Wyvern Lord and got the same answer, this would give a good hint that talent indeed has no effect on it.

So sure. It would be a good double check.

Also on the reddit, we had a +SPD/DEF type that was +15 Hit, +6 Crit, +5 Avoid, +5 Evade.

Well, on the reddit thread, we have two +MAG/-LCK types already with different talents (Mage & Diviner) and both have +15 hit, +9 Crit, +5 Avoid. So if you did this test as a Wyvern Lord and got the same answer, this would give a good hint that talent indeed has no effect on it.

So sure. It would be a good double check.

Also on the reddit, we had a +SPD/DEF type that was +15 Hit, +6 Crit, +5 Avoid, +5 Evade.

just tested it as a wyvern lord

talent has no effect

Oh dear...my squirrelbrain forgot to post my findings. Anyhoo here they are:

Skill+/Res- gives +20 Hit/+6 Crit/+5 Avo

Luck+/Res-* gives +15 Hit/+6 Crit/+10 Ddg

*/I'm not 100% certain that the Bane is Resistance on that Corrin, but judging by the stats my gut tells me it is Res and my fuzzy memory tells me I picked "Exciteable" during that Corrin's creation.

Edited by Tactician_Iris