Trying out PoR

Indecently, I like Berserkers too. I've got fond memories of Dart and Ross. Just got to develop those supports to boost their accuracy and they are good to go. Its funny that the pirate/beserkers are so much better than the fighter/warriors in the GBA games. The only real exception is Geitz.

I hear theres an OP berserker in PoR. Should be fun. Give me them crits. Honestly, I prefer Berserkers over Swordmasters because they have the STR to kill without crits. As long as it isn't FE 6 and its abysmal accuracy on axes.

Edited by wissenschaft

Indecently, I like Berserkers too. I've got fond memories of Dart and Ross. Just got to develop those supports to boost their accuracy and they are good to go. Its funny that the pirate/beserkers are so much better than the fighter/warriors in the GBA games. The only real exception is Geitz.

I hear theres an OP berserker in PoR. Should be fun. Give me them crits. Honestly, I prefer Berserkers over Swordmasters because they have the STR to kill without crits. As long as it isn't FE 6 and its abysmal accuracy on axes.

The issue that Berserkers run into is that most of the units that have access to the class are anywhere between iffy and outright awful. Fates in particular adds an innate crit evade penalty, which is an instant dealbreaker.

The issue that Berserkers run into is that most of the units that have access to the class are anywhere between iffy and outright awful. Fates in particular adds an innate crit evade penalty, which is an instant dealbreaker.

Is that innate to the class or are you talking about Arthur's personal skill? Fates' seems to have a few high risk high reward skills. For the lolz I guess.

Edited by wissenschaft

The thing about this game - there are very, very few units with bad combat stats, so whether a character is good or not is mostly decided by his mobility (EVERY cav in this game is good and you already noticed how great Marcia is with a little BEXP investment) and utility.

That's one reason why Laguz aren't that great in this game. Their combat isn't anything special and Beorc don't have to worry about a transformation gauge. You'll get one accessory that allows a laguz to stay transformed, but it also halves the transformation gains. The other problem with Laguz is their weaponry. Their claws are only as strong as steel-tier and you'll soon be so rich that infinite uses isn't that much of a deal, either.

@Berserker: The one you get is slightly squishier than Boyd (still great HP, but poor defenses), but gets the same +15 crit that swordmasters and snipers get in this game. I like him, he's fun. =)

Is that innate to the class or are you talking about Arthur's personal skill? Fates' seems to have a few high risk high reward skills. For the lolz I guess.

It's innate to the class.

If you want PoR's Berserker, you'll have to view info conversations. That's the only way he's recruited. And to get his info conversation, you have to recruit someone else through a different info conversation too. :P

If you want PoR's Berserker, you'll have to view info conversations. That's the only way he's recruited. And to get his info conversation, you have to recruit someone else through a different info conversation too. :P

There's pretty much no reason to skip the Info Conversations. Even if you don't want to read the text, you can fly through that and get the bonuses.