Need help concocting a Fire Emblem-esque clothing outfit

Doctor Robert

(I have little idea if this is the correct spot to put this thread. I trust a wonderful Moderator of magicalness will put this in the right place if it isn't already...)

Hey all,

So my cousin's wedding is coming up and their theme is Viking. Immediately that lends itself to an assortment of fantasy RPG's and of course the first thing that comes to mind is Skyrim... Whist the atmosphere of Skyrim is exemplary, the wardrobe is a little lackluster (Yay! Armor... and armor... and--). Fire Emblem's wardrobe much more appeals to me...

So I've got this in my head that I shall go as a spellsword. I've got a sword, I've got a nice pauldron coming, and I'll get myself some actual boots... but I'm at a loss as to what else I should wear.

As you know, Fire Emblem doesn't have a spellsword class as such, but a few classes have found themselves using tomes and swords in the past. Dark Knights are too armor-ladden for what I've got in mind and the Tactician/Grandmaster look isn't quite what I want either...

Instead I was thinking a cross between an FE mercenary and an FE mage. Take the below images:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/1/11/Mercenary_male.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/6/66/Raven.png

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/99/Pent.png

So the mercenary aspect of the outfit would be practical: bits of armor over tunics and the like.

The mage aspect would bring in traveling scholar elements (I suppose)... Pent is a bit too fancy for what I had in mind but he has a pauldron there and a strange half-coat under his doublet...

I'd really want a Raven coat... but I have very little idea what kind of coat that is. Does anybody know? How about what Pent is wearing?

To be clear, I'm not looking to cosplay as a particular character but I instead want to adopt some elements of these characters and kind of mash them together...

I welcome any and all opinions y'all might have. What bits of costume do you think will capture the mage-y feel? How about the mercenary feel?

I'd love to hear your thoughts,

DR

It REALLY depends on what the pauldron/boots look like. If you have pics of what you ordered, it'll help.

Why certainly:

il_570xN.916991516_bkuq.jpg

This is the pauldron. Note that mine will be polished steel as opposed to the pitted and burnt look above.

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

This is the boot. Not quite Fire Emblem style but I am taking a few liberties... heheh...

Hmmmm.

The thing that FE mages seem to have in common is the cape. Male mages stick to shorts/pants, while female mages wear skirts. I'll assume you'll go with pants, because you're not Tormod/Nino.

For mercenaries, it's really basic clothing (shirt and pants). Unfortunately, pauldron + cape = Ike. You might need something like a light-up sword to pull off the look.