Fates au rp

WhistyRose

I am going to start an rp for a fates au I had in mind. I want it to be a bit more like FE4 in tone and nature (because let's face it Corrin is a watered down Altena.) I'm looking for a combination between OC's and cannon characters.

Please Fill Out the Character Sheet Below

Name:

Allegiance: (Hoshidan, Nohrian, Vallite)

Job:(knight, maid, prince ect.)

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Other: (anything that doesn't fit above)

Feel free to apply for cannon characters to.

No more Nohrians OC'S for the time being please

Edited by WhistyRose

questions,will this alternate world fit in with conquest, birthright, or revelations storyline if this goes underway? and if its following a different storyline, may we have a brief story summery about how its different from fates?

Alright I'll post mine (forgive me I myself am new to rp so don't necessarily the best to go by)

Name: Clara (Corrin replacement)

Job:(knight, maid, prince ect.) Princess

Appearance: (my profile picture)

Personality:Do to her sheltered life she is naive and uneducated to a point. She avoids violence and dislikes fighting but will do it should it need to happen. She loves flowers and the outdoors in general.

Bio:Born a princess of Hoshido, she was kidnapped from Sumuragi's side as a young child. She lived in the isolated northern fortress and as a result she knows nothing of the world. Because of this she loves anything to do with the out doors.

Other: (anything that doesn't fit above) Is a lefty

questions,will this alternate world fit in with conquest, birthright, or revelations storyline if this goes underway? and if its following a different storyline, may we have a brief story summery about how its different from fates?

This is for revelation because my heart can't handle birthright and i have nothing against Hoshido

I'll bite.

Name: Faunis

Class: Butler

Appearance: Black and grey hair, patterned out like a badger. Several years older than Lady Clara's other servants, but not as old as Gunter.

Personality: A mix of the Flora's inherent aloofness, Jakob's stern resolve, and Felicia jovial kindness. Faunis seeks to teach Lady Clara much about the world, but knows that she was kept in the Northern Fortress for a reason, no matter how wrong it was.

Bio: The oldest of Clara's 4 servants, Faunis had been in the service of the Nohrian Royal Family since before the birth of Prince Xander. His distinct hair color comes from when he was raised at the base of Mount Garou, land of the Wolfssengers. Around the time Lady Clara arrived at Castle Krakenberg, He requested to be moved to another estate. King Garon transferred him to Northern Fortress, somewhere cold and dank year round. There he met Gunter, a knight that had rejected to be Garon's personal retainer for reasons unknown to him.

Other: Distrusts Gunter for reasons unknown (or are they...)

(Yes, I will replace Jakob as your Ch.2 servant, if that's okay with you.)

I'll bite.

Name: Faunis

Class: Butler

Appearance: Black and grey hair, patterned out like a badger. Several years older than Lady Clara's other servants, but not as old as Gunter.

Personality: A mix of the Flora's inherent aloofness, Jakob's stern resolve, and Felicia jovial kindness. Faunis seeks to teach Lady Clara much about the world, but knows that she was kept in the Northern Fortress for a reason, no matter how wrong it was.

Bio: The oldest of Clara's 4 servants, Faunis had been in the service of the Nohrian Royal Family since before the birth of Prince Xander. His distinct hair color comes from when he was raised at the base of Mount Garou, land of the Wolfssengers. Around the time Lady Clara arrived at Castle Krakenberg, He requested to be moved to another estate. King Garon transferred him to Northern Fortress, somewhere cold and dank year round. There he met Gunter, a knight that had rejected to be Garon's personal retainer for reasons unknown to him.

Other: Distrusts Gunter for reasons unknown (or are they...)

(Yes, I will replace Jakob as your Ch.2 servant, if that's okay with you.)

Yes that's alright i mean don't get me wrong I like Jakob but his scrappy behavior makes me wince it''s like he can't be alone or else he'll start a fight.

Hmm, this looks interesting. Would there be anything else of note other than being a Revelation AU?

combination between OC's and cannon characters.

Ballistician class, here I come!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmm, this looks interesting. Would there be anything else of note other than being a Revelation AU?

Ballistician class, here I come!

to be honest half of it is i'm not great at descriptions and the other half is i want to see how this plays out. Feel free to be the ballistician class!

to be honest half of it is i'm not great at descriptions and the other half is i want to see how this plays out. Feel free to be the ballistician class!

. . .this isn't a good sign.

First and foremost, if you don't have that much experience with RPs in general (usually on the player end), it's probably not a good idea to try to run one. Second, the lack of background/story/rules (like, is this pure text or will there be combat?) really doesn't make this something I'd be interested in joining.

If you can see it, you can describe it, and being able to tell the players what's going on in the world is crucial.

I think if it's your first time hosting something, it might be an idea to have a degree of structure to it, otherwise you'll be lost for any real direction. It might take a while, but it's worth dedicating a day or so to deciding what kind of thing you're looking for. Stats or no stats, the plot, the setting etc. It might sound tedious but it will massively help in the long run. An RP isn't like a dog, it's not just for Christmas!

I think if it's your first time hosting something, it might be an idea to have a degree of structure to it, otherwise you'll be lost for any real direction. It might take a while, but it's worth dedicating a day or so to deciding what kind of thing you're looking for. Stats or no stats, the plot, the setting etc. It might sound tedious but it will massively help in the long run. An RP isn't like a dog, it's not just for Christmas!

okay i see what you mean i do have an idea that a friend and i have been pouring over for quite some time and that is what i had planned to follow so i can start with that

I am going to start an rp for a fates au I had in mind. I want it to be a bit more like FE4 in tone and nature (because let's face it Corrin is a watered down Altena.) I'm looking for a combination between OC's and cannon characters.

Please Fill Out the Character Sheet Below

Name:

Job:(knight, maid, prince ect.)

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Other: (anything that doesn't fit above)

Here's The Plot I have in mind. It begins pregame in the northern fortress. It will center around Clara and Faunis for the time being (until more people join). The northern fortress is a place for the abandoned and the forsaken. Because of this the resources there are far and few and those who are there are not to leave unless told otherwise. (Gunter breaks this time and time again however to keep the staff from starving and freezing to death in the unforgiving Nohrian climate)

We've got some active RPs which attract a ton of people. Some of the sign-up posts are still on the front page.

Not a part of this one, but I trust the person running it

This RP is five and then some years old

This one's not as info-dense, but still has enough details to let a prospective player know what they're getting into

Shameless plug

Take a look at what these posts have in common, and see if you're willing to put out something like that. Even if you don't intend on having combat as a mechanic, you'll want to let the players know who they are, where they are, why they're there, and maybe have an idea as to what role they play in the overarching story.

Edited by eggclipse

Here's The Plot I have in mind. It begins pregame in the northern fortress. It will center around Clara and Faunis for the time being (until more people join). The northern fortress is a place for the abandoned and the forsaken. Because of this the resources there are far and few and those who are there are not to leave unless told otherwise. (Gunter breaks this time and time again however to keep the staff from starving and freezing to death in the unforgiving Nohrian climate)

Good afternoon everyone.

I am the aforementioned "friend" of the lovely WhistyRose here. I'm not here to budge in or belittle anyone, my only intention is to simply shed some light on some of the questions that have been asked around here.

I like to think of this as not just an "alternate universe" but rather an "alternate telling" of the Revelation Story for Fates. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the countless hours of fun it provided me, but at times I believe that the devs could have gone farther or done more with certain points that were touched. To me its like building a museum, filling it with extravagant exhibits, but only allowing the guests to explore only certain areas, and fencing off the rest. Aspects like the Nohrian Concubine War, the building of tension between Hoshido and Nohr eventually leading to war, the collapse of Valla, the tragedy of King Garon. This is only a small list of interesting concepts suggested, but was never really given time to develop or have a major impact. This is where our intentions lie; to strengthen already rich lore, and pick up what the original story dropped, through role play of the characters already scene ingame and with OC's. Creating new stories, but also playing through Canon scenarios you see during your play through. Primary focuses are in explaining the backstories of both royal families more in depth, Corrin's/Clara's upbringing in the Northern Fortress, the brewed stress of Clara's inevitable decision between her two families, the liberation of Valla from Anankos and finally what happens AFTER the game ends.

Hopefully this clears the water in areas, and I don't come off as the stuck up creator who has way too much pride in his ideas.

Good afternoon everyone.

I am the aforementioned "friend" of the lovely WhistyRose here. I'm not here to budge in or belittle anyone, my only intention is to simply shed some light on some of the questions that have been asked around here.

I like to think of this as not just an "alternate universe" but rather an "alternate telling" of the Revelation Story for Fates. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the countless hours of fun it provided me, but at times I believe that the devs could have gone farther or done more with certain points that were touched. To me its like building a museum, filling it with extravagant exhibits, but only allowing the guests to explore only certain areas, and fencing off the rest. Aspects like the Nohrian Concubine War, the building of tension between Hoshido and Nohr eventually leading to war, the collapse of Valla, the tragedy of King Garon. This is only a small list of interesting concepts suggested, but was never really given time to develop or have a major impact. This is where our intentions lie; to strengthen already rich lore, and pick up what the original story dropped, through role play of the characters already scene ingame and with OC's. Creating new stories, but also playing through Canon scenarios you see during your play through. Primary focuses are in explaining the backstories of both royal families more in depth, Corrin's/Clara's upbringing in the Northern Fortress, the brewed stress of Clara's inevitable decision between her two families, the liberation of Valla from Anankos and finally what happens AFTER the game ends.

Hopefully this clears the water in areas, and I don't come off as the stuck up creator who has way too much pride in his ideas.

Oops sorry guys .... I jumped the gun er... or tome here and Lone is right. I got ahead of myself please can we retry this with proper explaination?

Edited by WhistyRose

Good afternoon everyone.

This sounds good now. I would've tried anyway, but this is better. Also, I feel that maybe the Corrinsexuals (ones that have a reason to only support Corrin) and "Corrinsexuals" (Those that don't have a reason to, but do) need to have S and A+ support options with our OCs.

This sounds good now. I would've tried anyway, but this is better. Also, I feel that maybe the Corrinsexuals (ones that have a reason to only support Corrin) and "Corrinsexuals" (Those that don't have a reason to, but do) need to have S and A+ support options with our OCs.

agreed that they do because the entire "corrinsexual" thing drives me crazy especially with Scarlet (the sebtext between her and Ryoma drives me insane why is there no support?)

Good afternoon everyone.

This has told me several things:

1. This is somehow going to take place over the entirety of Revelations, and then some. That's a pretty large time table.

2. You're more interested in story-telling than stats. That's fine. However, the opening post the RP MUST stress this, AND I expect something amazing in terms of background and world-building in the opening post. It's fine to have a museum, but it doesn't really work if there's no placards next to the exhibits.

3. If this is going to be story-driven, you are absolutely going to need someone who's both really active (as in, posts on a daily basis) and able to convey whatever ideas/settings/plot points happen clearly.

Nothing wrong with a story-driven RP, but there needs to be a LOT more info in the first post, in terms of background/world. Furthermore, with an open-ended RP, you'll also need to make sure that there's enough freedom where the players don't feel like they're only there to fulfill whatever the story wants out of them. If you want the characters to do X, Y, and Z, regardless of whether the RPer wants to or not, you're probably better off doing a fanfic. Consider the first post as your recruiting tool, and discuss what you two want out of the players.

This has told me several things:

1. This is somehow going to take place over the entirety of Revelations, and then some. That's a pretty large time table.

2. You're more interested in story-telling than stats. That's fine. However, the opening post the RP MUST stress this, AND I expect something amazing in terms of background and world-building in the opening post. It's fine to have a museum, but it doesn't really work if there's no placards next to the exhibits.

3. If this is going to be story-driven, you are absolutely going to need someone who's both really active (as in, posts on a daily basis) and able to convey whatever ideas/settings/plot points happen clearly.

Nothing wrong with a story-driven RP, but there needs to be a LOT more info in the first post, in terms of background/world. Furthermore, with an open-ended RP, you'll also need to make sure that there's enough freedom where the players don't feel like they're only there to fulfill whatever the story wants out of them. If you want the characters to do X, Y, and Z, regardless of whether the RPer wants to or not, you're probably better off doing a fanfic. Consider the first post as your recruiting tool, and discuss what you two want out of the players.

All of the above i understand and i can say that we have talked about it and agree completely with what you are saying

Name: Jin

Job: Dread Fighter

Appearance: http://ultimaxsauron.deviantart.com/art/Jin-The-Dragon-s-Champion-Skies-of-Arcadia-OC-570665618

Personality: Quiet, Calm, Focused.

Bio: Not much is known about this Dread Fighter, but Jin had practiced the many arts of weaponry before becoming a Dread Fighter. The Nohrian and Hoshidan raised warrior fights for what is right, and not for his countries needs.

Other: N/A

Name: Jin

Job: Dread Fighter

Appearance: http://ultimaxsauron.deviantart.com/art/Jin-The-Dragon-s-Champion-Skies-of-Arcadia-OC-570665618

Personality: Quiet, Calm, Focused.

Bio: Not much is known about this Dread Fighter, but Jin had practiced the many arts of weaponry before becoming a Dread Fighter. The Nohrian and Hoshidan raised warrior fights for what is right, and not for his countries needs.

Other: N/A

This is a good start however we'd like some more detail. Thank you in advance

I have a question about how this is going to start. Is it going to be with a central starting point, or does everybody will be starting on their own, or almost on their own, and then eventually joining up together? Or would have to wait until the opportunity rises? Or something like that...?

I have a question about how this is going to start. Is it going to be with a central starting point, or does everybody will be starting on their own, or almost on their own, and then eventually joining up together? Or would have to wait until the opportunity rises? Or something like that...?

this will start in the northern fortress years before chapter 1 takes place

And I take it this would limit the scope of what to sign up? Or does people wanting to sign up with Hoshidian characters and the like would still get a chance to start at that point of the RP as well? I am a bit curious about that, considering the state between the two countries and the starting point being Nohr. Granted, better than Hoshido I guess due to that barrier, but still...